NBA Offseason Thread

Sarver has been known as a douche but he's letting James Jones handle business finally

CP3 is making the concept of extending Ayton and Bridges doable with as little lux tax as possible, hell he might have sat down with JJ and done some GM work himself

Really Payne is the question mark but why they dumped Javon allegedly for contract negotiations

And honestly I'm pretty shocked Sarver is willing to pay it...but he finally learned winning is more fun than simply owning

Thing with Paul, and this is nothing inside but burning ears

He would have accepted his final year most of the time

He appreciates the youth and the potential to be the old guy running the show for a few more years

And Book and Ayton are both the kinds of stars that will always listen to him

Paul will stay. He should leave if he wants a ring but he will stay.

Miami clearing the deck for a Lowry/dermarr reunion.

rose likely to either stay put w Knicks if we don’t fuck around w paying him or giving him years, otherwise he’s Chicago bound, and bulls likely offer Lonzo over 80 mil also.

Knicks pushing to try and land Myles Turner if pacers decide to deal him, also have Fournier, oubre, and the pg market on their radar. We all know dame wants out, he wants ny, but until he says it, we can’t get him.

So the Knicks are choosing to run it back and swapping Fournier for bullock, which is an upgrade, but still have no starting pg? Makes me think a trade is coming eventually, whether it’s dame, Sexton, or someone else

So the Knicks are choosing to run it back and swapping Fournier for bullock, which is an upgrade, but still have no starting pg? Makes me think a trade is coming eventually, whether it’s dame, Sexton, or someone else
Do they have the capital to trade for Dame?

Do they have the capital to trade for Dame?
Yeah, just depends how much they choose to give up, but we are armed w draft picks, and could use Knox, Obi, possibly even Mitch, iq or RJ although I think iq and RJ are unlikely. The signing of Noel makes me think they might move Mitch

Trae 5 year 207 mil extension done

Sounds like Steph 4/215 extension is pretty much done as well

KJ why did Payne stay in phx? He could have gotten more $ elsewhere, I mean ok, I get it the chance to win, but surely you’d think he’d want to be a starter and not a career backup?

KJ why did Payne stay in phx? He could have gotten more $ elsewhere, I mean ok, I get it the chance to win, but surely you’d think he’d want to be a starter and not a career backup?
Guaranteed 3 years for a guy that was out of the NBA prior to the bubble last year, I understand it went both ways that the Suns gave him the 3 years and Payne was grateful they gave him a chance, he's set for life anyway now and thinking CP3 will be healthy all the time seems laughable, Cam will get tons of playing time/starts

He easily could have gotten a 1-2 year deal offering more than 6 mil per but he wanted to stay from everything I've heard

Last edited:
Is there a bigger loser in all this then Schroeder? He turned down a 4/84 extension from la during the year, his agent was asking $25 mil per and just about all the seats are taken? Can my Knicks get him on the cheap one a 1+ 1 deal? Seems like it’s a fit? We need a starting point, he would have a chance to ball out and prove his worth? Reggie Jackson still out there too. He wasn’t bad w the clippers

Finslly. A pg. Kemba to the Knicks. I like it IF he knee checks out. Kemba/rose combo can keep each of their minutes down as well

Reactions: KJ
Sounding like the CP3 4/120 deal has around half of year 3 guaranteed and the 4th is not, if he retires obviously those numbers come off the cap number

Think both sides did alright in that contract

Kinda feels like the Sixers are gonna land Dame.

Make it happen...
He’s gotta come out and say he wants out which he hasn’t, but maybe after the Olympics he does. Philly will have to lower demands in their return for Simmons tho bc Portland will need more than just him for dame

Reggie is gonna be a steal for someone unless he's playing the reverse FA game, wait til he's the most attractive thing left on the market

The most important offseason transactions, makes the Dekker signing a little more tolerable.

Ujiri staying with Raptors as Vice Chairman and President​

Back