NBA Finals Discussion thread

CHEr1ezWoAAEy2j.jpg

Bummer

The CTG basketball nerds are running around like the sky is falling.

I figured you'd be at a bar tonight celebrating the win, tip

Night doesn't last forever, even for guys with cheap sunglasses. Plus, I gave it away tonight. Tribe run line and hoops over, two losers.

Night doesn't last forever, even for guys with cheap sunglasses. Plus, I gave it away tonight. Tribe money line and hoops over, two losers.
Damn figured you woulda taken the cavs money line for sure. Oh well rooting for you guys to win the damn thing

Damn figured you woulda taken the cavs money line for sure. Oh well rooting for you guys to win the damn thing

I have my Cavs eggs in vs AZkid for the series. So far, so good.

I can't seem to post videos anymore, just links … not sure if it's me or CTG. Anyway, if you choose to click on it, that's a Mozgov commercial, not a cyber attack on your soul.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OqiJOPXpksc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm not backing the Warriors in game 4. You're much better off taking curry to hit 5 3 pointers. Because they're not covering if he doesn't. Is something going to magically change?

Now we find out what Kerr is made of as a coach re mental management of his players. They faced the same thing at Mempiss (down 1-2) and hammered a series defining victory in Game 4. But then they had their Game 1 hammering in their memory banks to reinforce their belief they were the team to beat. Nothing like that here.

-------

Twilight Zone stat of the series?

After 3 games of the '11-12 finals, the Thunder points differential was +1 (won by 11, lost by 4 & 6).
After 3 games of these finals, the Warriors have a points differential of +1 (won by 8, lost by 2 & 5).

Few things that really mind blowing in Game 3:

4 points on fastbreaks for GSW
0 free throws attempts for Curry and Thompson (and please don't blame the refs for that)

Delli leaves the game in an ambulance, Shumpert will do MRI, LeBron suffers cramps as well... Cleveland really stretches themselves to the limit of their power...

Btw, don't know if anyone wrote this, but after 12 quarters of basketball played, GSW didn't lead even once in the end of it - the closest was a tie! That just shows how dominant Cleveland was in this series so far imho.

Delli leaves the game in an ambulance, Shumpert will do MRI, LeBron suffers cramps as well... Cleveland really stretches themselves to the limit of their power...
They'll be alright. Curry falls on his head/back and returns to the game. Klay gets kneed in his head and bleeds and wants to play. Not saying their injuries aren't real but sometimes I wonder how severe they really are.

Delly just made the play of the game

Just saw the Delli basket & 1 after GS closed it right up. If that fluke-assed shit isn't the play of the future title winner, I don't know what is. Exact opposite kind of sequence to the GS missed lay-up/dunk from Game 2.

They'll be alright. Curry falls on his head/back and returns to the game. Klay gets kneed in his head and bleeds and wants to play. Not saying their injuries aren't real but sometimes I wonder how severe they really are.

Cramps obviously something that should be fine in 48 hours, but that's something that can easily return, with so many minutes again and such a short rest.
Both should be fine, but Delli's and Bron's cramps show how much they leave everything they got on the floor...

Btw, time out that Blatt took in the middle of Cavs run, was requested by James that felt some discomfort...

Cleveland in this playoffs were 13 - 0 when they are winning the battle of the boards and 0 - 3 when they lose it.
This changed tonight!

Btw, what do you think guys, Green's performance in the Finals, can cause teams to reconsider him as a max contract player?

Btw, what do you think guys, Green's performance in the Finals, can cause teams to reconsider him as a max contract player?

He was never a max contract player in my eyes. The same thing people love about him - his tenacity - is going against him. All these Warriors players are going through their first finals experience. Nothing can substitute that experience. The games are played to an intensity level that you cannot prepare for unless you've been through it..... and there's so little time in between games that it's not easy to adjust and teach new strategies. The Warriors will be fine after they get a real big that can compete on offense.

He was never a max contract player in my eyes. The same thing people love about him - his tenacity - is going against him. All these Warriors players are going through their first finals experience. Nothing can substitute that experience. The games are played to an intensity level that you cannot prepare for unless you've been through it..... and there's so little time in between games that it's not easy to adjust and teach new strategies. The Warriors will be fine after they get a real big that can compete on offense.

what about the Cavs? Only Bron has been there

The Warriors still have not shown up for a full 48 minutes in this finals. Really embarrassing actually. Game 2 I understand because they got a little complacent with Kyrie being out. But last nights effort was inexcusable IMO

James jones. Mike miller. Perkins. Marion. Haywood.

They all count. It's as important to be prepared off the court as it is to be on the court.

+1

in the locker rooms, on the bench, these guys can show veteran leadership to guys like JR, Shumpert, Thompson. Get them on how to be and act and just focus

James jones. Mike miller. Perkins. Marion. Haywood.

They all count. It's as important to prepared off the court as it is to be on the court.

If we're speaking to players that aren't playing I see your point but I don't think Haywood is doing much to help out Tristan with intensity or even focus, I mean Kerr's been there and he's the coach he can speak to the intensity that is needed to get to his players, heck he played with one of the fiercest competitors in Jordan...

GSW problem is that their playcalls are becoming predictable and Kerr needs to shake things up, was not impressed with going to Steph in Game 2 late in the game where he threw up in airball...you gotta feed your hot hand and he was bricks in game 2...it took 2 picks for steph to hit that 3 before end of the game and then you had the LeBron in bounds pick...I did like what I saw towards the end, whether you believe Cavs gave it back or the Warriors took it, they erased a 20 point deficit when they should have been toast.

Agreed they haven't shown up for 48 minutes, but there may be some light

I think you're beginning to overvalue that portion of the game right now.

It's all mental gsro. All these guys can play. They're professional basketball players. Preparation and the ability to handle the moment is everything. The cavs have won that battle every game IMO. And the reason why is those guys. Steve Kerr definitely has a voice but him being a coach only gets his voice heard so far.

You really don't think players care when Haywood shows them his ring? You really don't think they ask him for advice on how to prepare? I don't think you're valuing it enough.

It's all mental gsro. All these guys can play. They're professional basketball players. Preparation and the ability to handle the moment is everything. The cavs have won that battle every game IMO. And the reason why is those guys. Steve Kerr definitely has a voice but him being a coach only gets his voice heard so far.

I know it's mental, but let's talk a bit more then..

-all professional players, but we'll give edge to the GSW roster
-both rookie coaches
-mental edge/experience goes to Cavs

series price was roughly 3.2 ish to the Cavs...do you think Vegas under values that huge mental/experience edge over the "better" roster to put out a price like that?

Curry is way too predictable. You're right about that. I mentioned it last night. That play near the end where Lebron ran him down after the turnover. Everyone knew curry wanted to find a way to take the 3... On a fast break.

All Vegas cares about public perception. How many people thought the cavs could win 2 games? Not many

All Vegas cares about public perception. How many people thought the cavs could win 2 games? Not many
the way I'm interpreting what you're saying is that because of intensity/experience/mental edge that the cavs have it evens out the series a little more with a better chance that they should win this series, they have that edge throughout the entire series, which makes for the vegas price of 3.2 ish to be ridiculous and I don't think they throw out 3.2 just to get money on Lebron without considering their risk grades..That's why I say I think there seems to be overvaluing of that portion of the game.

I think knowledgeable NBA fans knew this was goign 6/7, it's been documented with our fine cappers here with series price futures as well.

Yes. Knowledgable NBA cappers indeed. Most people who bet on sports don't fit that category. That's who the lines are made for

All I mean to say is that the veteran leadership and overall finals experience of the cavs was not built into the series price.

Yes. Knowledgable NBA cappers indeed. Most people who bet on sports don't fit that category. That's who the lines are made for

All I mean to say is that the veteran leadership and overall finals experience of the cavs was not built into the series price.
fair enough :shake: I don't think Vegas/Offshore is as naive as we think though

i dont think they are naive at all... im not positive but fairly certain the majority bet on the warriors to win the series

books need the cavs to win

bol

agree. Finals experience is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Championship teams have the best/one of the best players on them and make multiple Finals runs. Magic won a Title as a rookie (Lakers did have Jabbar/Wilkes)...Bird won his 2nd year (no Finals experience)....there goes the entire 80's. Detroit didn't lose the 88 Finals because of a lack of Finals experience on the roster, they lost because Isiah Thomas went down with an ankle injury (and one of the worst calls in NBA history at the end of game 6). 1991 Bulls...no experience....same as 1981 Celtics. Why they win....they had the best player and the better team.

The 2004 Pistons didn't win a ring because because Lindsey Hunter played 5 minutes a game with Shaq and Kobe getting him a ring. Spurs in 99 didn't win because of Kerr and Elie...they won because they faced a Knicks team that wasn't that good and Tim Duncan was the baddest dude on the planet.

If Cleveland wins this year it's because LeBron was far and away the best player putting in a historical performance and the Cavs continue to play much harder.

I wonder what Lebron's secret motivation might be....

part of me thinks he'll make something up if the time comes

i dont think they are naive at all... im not positive but fairly certain the majority bet on the warriors to win the series

books need the cavs to win

bol

eek you think there's 3 times the amount on on GSW to win than there is with Cavs?

The way I see a public/non-informed bettor place a bet is this "LeBron and I get 3 to 1? Why not let's throw X on it"...just like Tiger before Masters, 50 to 1 for a place he always does well and comes in showing better play? why not @ 20 bucks.

agree. Finals experience is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Championship teams have the best/one of the best players on them and make multiple Finals runs. Magic won a Title as a rookie (Lakers did have Jabbar/Wilkes)...Bird won his 2nd year (no Finals experience)....there goes the entire 80's. Detroit didn't lose the 88 Finals because of a lack of Finals experience on the roster, they lost because Isiah Thomas went down with an ankle injury (and one of the worst calls in NBA history at the end of game 6). 1991 Bulls...no experience....same as 1981 Celtics. Why they win....they had the best player and the better team.

The 2004 Pistons didn't win a ring because because Lindsey Hunter played 5 minutes a game with Shaq and Kobe getting him a ring. Spurs in 99 didn't win because of Kerr and Elie...they won because they faced a Knicks team that wasn't that good and Tim Duncan was the baddest dude on the planet.

If Cleveland wins this year it's because LeBron was far and away the best player putting in a historical performance and the Cavs continue to play much harder.

:shake:

I wonder what Lebron's secret motivation might be....

part of me thinks he'll make something up if the time comes

that he was 3rd in MVP and to bring his hometown their first Championship. Curry said he would bring the first championship to Akron, since he was born there as well

Back