NBA Finals Discussion thread

agree. Finals experience is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Championship teams have the best/one of the best players on them and make multiple Finals runs. Magic won a Title as a rookie (Lakers did have Jabbar/Wilkes)...Bird won his 2nd year (no Finals experience)....there goes the entire 80's. Detroit didn't lose the 88 Finals because of a lack of Finals experience on the roster, they lost because Isiah Thomas went down with an ankle injury (and one of the worst calls in NBA history at the end of game 6). 1991 Bulls...no experience....same as 1981 Celtics. Why they win....they had the best player and the better team.

The 2004 Pistons didn't win a ring because because Lindsey Hunter played 5 minutes a game with Shaq and Kobe getting him a ring. Spurs in 99 didn't win because of Kerr and Elie...they won because they faced a Knicks team that wasn't that good and Tim Duncan was the baddest dude on the planet.

If Cleveland wins this year it's because LeBron was far and away the best player putting in a historical performance and the Cavs continue to play much harder.

nice post!

I wonder what Lebron's secret motivation might be....

part of me thinks he'll make something up if the time comes
I think he's going to say his motivation was the whole country, or most people at least were disrespecting him being a 2:1 dog to win despite the multiple championships and MVP's. I think it's going to be a disrespect thing.

Bron has motivation in spades. He's in the finals against the "MVP". He's a 2/1 dog, counted completely out after game one. Pat Riley publicly questioned his character when Lebron chose the Cavs. Take your pick.

Mutha fucking dellevadova. Went from looking like he can't bring the ball up the court to banking shots off the glass, hitting threes. Unreal.

Kerr here is some advice. Barnes misses his first 3 shots,, bench him. Moment looks too big for him. Play David Lee, he is a true pro. Does all the little things needed.

Barnes and green have been terrible this series..

Thought I saw it mentioned before but someone is going pay green max money( think like 4yrs/60mill)

Barnes and green have been terrible this series..

Thought I saw it mentioned before but someone is going pay green max money( think like 4yrs/60mill)
Yeah every gst game mark Jackson does he says dray green a max contract player. He might miss out on it now the way he is playing. How many times he is going to try and finish over mozgoz and get the ball swatted away? Ever hear of a pull up mid range jumper dray?
Plus he has a role in get, think if a team signed him to be more than a role player.

Livingston deserves more minutes. Move curry off the ball some. Go Livingston, curry, klay, Iggy and Lee and run em out of the gym

Former NBA Finals MVP Chauncey Billups on the Warriors:

“I’ve never seen it like this, it’s unbelievable. Just way too casual. They’re still throwing behind the back passes. Throwing lobs to Andrew Bogut who … can barely grab the rim with two hands. It’s unbelievable, man. What are they doing?”

Mutha fucking dellevadova. Went from looking like he can't bring the ball up the court to banking shots off the glass, hitting threes. Unreal.

Kerr here is some advice. Barnes misses his first 3 shots,, bench him. Moment looks too big for him. Play David Lee, he is a true pro. Does all the little things needed.

This

If Cleveland wins this year it's because LeBron was far and away the best player putting in a historical performance and the Cavs continue to play much harder.

Exactly.

The problem with GS is they are sloppy. They turn the ball over constantly and do stupid things like pass on lay ups so they can shoot 3s. Their talent made up for their play throughout the year, but its finally caught up with them

If I'm Kerr, I'm trying to play Livingston, Curry, Thompson, Green and Lee. Bogut has nothing to offer in this series. Livingston should take care of ball handling duties and not Curry.
It can be problematic to have both Iggy and Barnes on the bench, since both really can't play outside SF position, but it can solve a lot of problems for the Warriors imo.

If I'm Kerr, I'm trying to play Livingston, Curry, Thompson, Green and Lee. Bogut has nothing to offer in this series. Livingston should take care of ball handling duties and not Curry.
It can be problematic to have both Iggy and Barnes on the bench, since both really can't play outside SF position, but it can solve a lot of problems for the Warriors imo.

I'm not a Lee expert, but I did hear a "expert" on the radio this morning. He essentially said they Lee is awful defensively to the point that it's a huge liability for the Warriors . He also said if Kerr does play Lee more the cavs coaching staff will easily find ways to attack him from watching the tape of game 3

I think Warriors need to play more physical. The refs are letting them play. I also dont understand why they are not picking up the pace and running more like they did in the regular season. Kerr is being outcoached by Lebron at this point, he should give Pop a call for some input on how to guard Lebron better

Kerr's strategy against Lebron is exactly the Spurs' approach, it's just not working. Back to the chalk board.

Livingston deserves more minutes. Move curry off the ball some. Go Livingston, curry, klay, Iggy and Lee and run em out of the gym

Agree, dont understand why they aren't playing faster. Run after made baskets , run everytime you can

Lebron is not very defensible. But not doubling him is an indefensible strategy.

The Cavs are paying more defensive attention to Curry than the Warriors are to James. Does that seem reasonable?

I'm not a Lee expert, but I did hear a "expert" on the radio this morning. He essentially said they Lee is awful defensively to the point that it's a huge liability for the Warriors . He also said if Kerr does play Lee more the cavs coaching staff will easily find ways to attack him from watching the tape of game 3

I think Warriors need to play more physical. The refs are letting them play. I also dont understand why they are not picking up the pace and running more like they did in the regular season. Kerr is being outcoached by Lebron at this point, he should give Pop a call for some input on how to guard Lebron better

Of course Lee is defensive liability, but Bogut just not there on defense. Most Cavs shots are mid range or three pointers. Can't remember too many times that Bogut did something on defense and Cleveland leaves him alone on offense every single time.

Agree, dont understand why they aren't playing faster. Run after made baskets , run everytime you can

Its hard to run when all 5 of your guys are in the paint as Lebron drives to the basket each possession. I would double Lebron and make others beat you from the outside. Misses on those shots will lead to fast breaks.

LeBron is owning Kerr. Steve hasn't figured out Bogut should be 4th on the depth chart behind Speights, Lee then Ezeli.

Is also the coaches job to motivate his players and Kerr is doing a shit job there as well.

Cavs could very well have their 'Rocky' moment if it continues.

We'll know after Game 4.

My issue with Kerr is that he keeps preaching they need to do what they've done all year. Well thats tough to do when you cant figure out the line up to go with and keep plugging in players. Last game showed some desperation from him IMO inserting Lee in for that long. Yes, he did much better than Bogut and Festivus, but I believe that will not hold up game 4 when he tries that again.

Cavs game 4, GSW game 5 and Cavs game 6.

Cavs are not backing down. Lebron will have this team ready game 4.

He defends just fine. The warriors need an offensive threat down low to be able to play inside out.

Their defense is not the problem, it's their offense and attitude on it.

Iggy is their MVP right now, that says a lot.

I've coached some little kid baskets, so allow me the floor. I would throw more bodies at Lebron, all game long. Golden State has had some runs trapping him, but too little too late. Swallow your pride and make a scrub hit an open jumper.

Bron is not quick. He's fast for his size, but not quick. Couple guys bugging him bugs him.

Fact of the matter is the Cavs are up in this series on a lucky banked-shot by Delly. Dubs a play or two away from making this an actual Finals.

LeBron notably gassed in every 4th quarter so far.

Pressure is on the Cavs as Game 4 is a must-win. Depth and overall talent will win-out the longer this thing goes granted we don't see Scott Foster in Game 5.

Wrong thread, but we see your ref bailout in case you're wrong.

I have never once pinned a potential gambling loss on an umpire before the game even starts. That would make me a retard, because even other retards would wonder why I didn't just bet the other side.

Who pinned a loss ? If Foster refs Game 5, I'm all over the Cavs.

Way too offend the retard demographic, Tip. Congrats.

I hate to break it to you, but you've been dead wrong about every game. Unless overtime home favorite ATS winners are something you guys hang your hats on.

Fact of the matter is the Cavs are up in this series on a lucky banked-shot by Delly. Dubs a play or two away from making this an actual Finals.

LeBron notably gassed in every 4th quarter so far.

Pressure is on the Cavs as Game 4 is a must-win. Depth and overall talent will win-out the longer this thing goes granted we don't see Scott Foster in Game 5.

Delly got fouled, he would have shot 2 FTs anyways, so its a difference of 1 point. And don't forget the Cavs knocked one out of their own basket, costing them 2 pts.
I'm sure you could analyze any play of the game and said that was difference. But its stupid to say the Cavs are up because of a made basket after a foul.

I hate to break it to you, but you've been dead wrong about every game. Unless overtime home favorite ATS winners are something you guys hang your hats on.

If dead wrong means I've lost 2 out of 3 Finals side plays. Game 3 being the most damaging then yes, my bankroll agrees.

A win is a win, not a tout so don't hang my hat on anything.

Next...

If you think the refs favor the Cavs, that's a pretty big deal. Bet the Cavs. Don't puss the fence and say, "Golden State should cover, but excuse me if the refs and their pesky pooch get in the way." Be a man.

NBA, it is a "discussion" forum.

I disagree with your bullshit. It should be allowed.

Who told on me to the teacher, NBA or emkee or alex or teed or spek?

It's a discussion form? Are you fucking kidding me? Everybody gets it. You don't agree with the referees being important.

Its allowed.

Whats not allowed is you putting other people down and criticizing what goes in to their capping tools. If you want to teach a class on the ways to cap the NBA, why don't you create a podcast and post it since you know so much. Until then please just stop. You're acting like a child.

I've coached some little kid baskets, so allow me the floor. I would throw more bodies at Lebron, all game long. Golden State has had some runs trapping him, but too little too late. Swallow your pride and make a scrub hit an open jumper.
I Would let Schumpert and dellevadova fire outside shots all day

What are your capping tools tip? An ice cold beer and the Cleveland sports page?

Real men don't troll gambling forums, Tip.

Way this is panning out would happily hop on flight to Cleveland and watch Game 6 or 7 with Tip, just to witness the meltdown should the Cavs happen to lose.

No emotional attachment, purely financial in this series so it suits me either way.

I'm not enough of a deuche to refer to my ideas as "capping tools".

Back