Monday 03/18/13 NBA discussion thread

they might win out. no way Chi beats them next wed. the only team that has a chance is S.A. on the 31st, playing in S.A. Pop better not rest anybody.

The 71-72 Laker team that logged 33 straight wins eventually lost on the road to the team they ended up meeting in the WCFs that same season - the Milwaukee Bucks. Miami plays Milwaukee for what potentially would be their 34th straight win, and the record.

*cue twighlight zone music*

Alex, if they lose to anyone other than the Spurs by the time they're finished with Milwaukee on April 9th, it'd be unforgivable. Their coming schedule (to Apr. 9th) outside of that 1 fixture is soft. No 4 in 5s, only 2 B2B sets (2nd games @Orlando & at home to Philly - big fucking deal). The Spurs won't have TP, and given they play B2B with memphis the next night, I can see it being possible that Pop might rest Timmy. IMO the record is there if Miami wants it.

The heat have the easiest schedule the rest of the season out of any team in the league. I believe I heard that somewhere today

The heat did have some insanely lucky breaks tonight though. The ball bounced their way on those two plays near the end. The celtics played well but I think they played a little too fast. It was a great game and when you're rollin like the heat are those breaks happen.

BC even with the easiest schedule team can have off nights and other teams can have great nights. They nearly lost to Orlando and Toronto, and thats just within the last couple of weeks. I think you are jumping the gun by saying it would be "unforgivable" if they lost to anyone other then the Spurs

heat could drive to lane at will...C's were just jumpers

there's no one who could cover bron and stop wade and bosh from driving

if KG was there, things might have been different

Don't understand Utah letting a banged up Knicks squad dictate shit.
Typical nba

Yeah the celtics could have really used Garnett tonight. Even 20 minutes. But it's whatever. Hopefully he's healthy for the game in Miami. Heat should be a DD fav

And kantner/favors outplayed Jeff/milslap in first h.

4 bigs can't play together

Knicks playing solid team defense. Going to bed. Will finish about even for the day if and when the jazz loss happens.

Glad I bet a little on Knicks ml after everything came in. Looking at a huge day in NBA and Hockey. Biggest bets were on Tampa and Minn plus 5 cents and 45

Need to remember this

New York at Utah, 10:05 ET ESPN
New York: 21-8 ATS off BB road losses by 10+ points
Utah: 11-20 ATS off an ATS win

Saw a similar trend for Toronto. Playing off a win as a favorite that team is poison.

Yeah the celtics could have really used Garnett tonight. Even 20 minutes. But it's whatever. Hopefully he's healthy for the game in Miami. Heat should be a DD fav

OK imagine MJ or Kobe in that situation. KG has dropped a lot in my syes.

Should have bet more Minn. Vancouver as a favorite is getting to be a little tough to buy.

The 71-72 Laker team that logged 33 straight wins eventually lost on the road to the team they ended up meeting in the WCFs that same season - the Milwaukee Bucks. Miami plays Milwaukee for what potentially would be their 34th straight win, and the record.

*cue twighlight zone music*

I think the Celtics were the ones who stopped Houston's streak in the 07-08 season, and played Miami tonight the same # game (23rd) in the streak as when they beat Houston. You can definitely cue up that music now...

Back