MLB Regular Season In-Game Thread 2018

Id think he gets an extra day rest or else yeah!
Those guys don't like extra rest

No matter how hard I go on Tuesday (Monday is a toss) Friday will always be my 2nd most productive day of the week. No clue why, it's just how it is.

If you pitch every 5 days, pitch every 5 days. Days 4 and 6 are likely shit, muscle memory ftw

Those guys don't like extra rest

No matter how hard I go on Tuesday (Monday is a toss) Friday will always be my 2nd most productive day of the week. No clue why, it's just how it is.

If you pitch every 5 days, pitch every 5 days. Days 4 and 6 are likely shit, muscle memory ftw

Im gonna start looking into how pitchers do when they change rest days bw starts. The impact is prob greater when 5 5 5 5 5 5 4 days versus 4 5 5 4 6 4 6 5

Most pitchers perform on 5

Usually take 2 days off, then day 3 throw a BP session of 60 or so pitches, then game time a couple days later. It's why 5th starters are basically spot starters, front end guys want the routine and off days matter

These Padres unis are hideous

Don't care about the military whatever, giving me a headache

I'm friends with Jessica Mendoza. She's the absolute best at announcing Womens softball and one of the all time great players and person, but I can't listen to her on Sunday night baseball. She's so uncomfortable it makes me sad.

I'm friends with Jessica Mendoza. She's the absolute best at announcing Womens softball and one of the all time great players and person, but I can't listen to her on Sunday night baseball. She's so uncomfortable it makes me sad.

I feel like she‘s only there for reasons not related to her knowledge of baseball

Interesting. I like her and think she may well be the best female announcer of a men's sport I've ever heard. Knowledgeable, confident, delivery, the works. It doesn't seem forced to me like most do.

She's the most unbelievable woman you'll ever meet. I just don't see her acting herself in baseball. Hard to describe other than to say, I think she's still finding her delivery in baseball. Her cadence isn't the same in baseball.

I kinda nailed this mini little hot streak for Ozuna didn’t I? :)

Wasn’t rocket science, he been hitting ball hard all year just been pounding it into the ground., then the reds series he was actually getting some balls in the air even tho they weren’t leaving the park. Add it all up and just felt like he was bout to start hitting some bombs!! Hopefully he goes on a nice month long tear!!

I kinda nailed this mini little hot streak for Ozuna didn’t I? :)

Wasn’t rocket science, he been hitting ball hard all year just been pounding it into the ground., then the reds series he was actually getting some balls in the air even tho they weren’t leaving the park. Add it all up and just felt like he was bout to start hitting some bombs!! Hopefully he goes on a nice month long tear!!

Same thing with predicting Carp‘s hot streak. Peripheral numbers are huge that‘s the best thing about baseball capping with so much data out there :)

Pretty shocking but I believe he ranks 4th or 5th in majors with amount of hard hit balls, which I believe they call anything w a exit velo above 95 mph.

Same thing with predicting Carp‘s hot streak. Peripheral numbers are huge that‘s the best thing about baseball capping with so much data out there :)

I suppose That why I love bases and college hoops so much, feel like those 2 are the best for me where the numbers can paint a really good picture for me more so than watching. (Guess nba probably the same I just don’t enjoy it like the college game and think nba situational is far more important for which I’m not very good at! Lol).

I suppose That why I love bases and college hoops so much, feel like those 2 are the best for me where the numbers can paint a really good picture for me more so than watching. (Guess nba probably the same I just don’t enjoy it like the college game and think nba situational is far more important for which I’m not very good at! Lol).

Kenpom is good stuff :) but for baseball theres fangraphs brooksbaseball and statcast savant three times the amount of databases and each one deeper

Lol now Newcomb. Guys getting in trouble for shit they tweeted as stupid high scboolers. Getting old fast. Society sure loves virtue signaling

I’ll tell ya’ll something else I been noticing with cards of late we need to figure out how to take advantage of, if it really there or I’m crazy?!?!? Lol.. too soon to know if it coincidence or a real thing but the only way to take advantage of some these things is to get ahead of the curve before it becomes a noticeable trend everyone is on.

Enough of the buildup, scared to bring up and sound silly!! Lol.

Obviously they been playing better but thing is they been jumping out quick and doing damage early but then for whatever reason they don’t continue to put pressure on, after they get the early lead they havnt tacked on at all this series.. I suppose the starting pitchers still have to be thrilled at least getting a lead to work with, earlier in the year they had to feel like that had to be perfect for a chance to win, no fun pitching like that!!

Game 1 they had 12 hits off Montgomery but not one once he left, game 2 we got the 6 spot in 1st inning then nothing the next 8! Now tonight 2 runs in 1st and again nothing since.. with the new look pen with all our young guns looking to be who we gonna use 1st 5 overs might present some value here in the near future.

While I was writing this the one thing we apparently can’t fix and no real way to do so is our middle school level defense giving cubs like 5 outs in the 5th! Was great for my over! Lol. Cashed 1st 5 over thanks to the shoddy defense and well on our way to the 9 needed to cash game over!!

Kenpom is good stuff :) but for baseball theres fangraphs brooksbaseball and statcast savant three times the amount of databases and each one deeper

No doubt. Prob why I’m more consistent with bases. There a few metrics I’ve seen you mention quite a bit lately that I havnt ever dug into but starting to check out now.

Back to fade-worthy Cards lol

Martinez not even playing! It a real bummer knowing this isn’t even our worst defensive lineup. Other than Wong not at 2nd this our best infield defense lineup! Lol.

Speaking of fade worthy, just heard Rockies were coming to town, we not gonna win that series. Ugh.

Urgh Hernandez in AZ means gotta scale back on over, will still play in some fashion but that was a dagger

That line was stupid crazy rox being dogs to us btw. I just didn’t have time to discuss games today. Had to check lines out while driving home and put a play in, nothing safer than placing bets while driving! Lol.

I see cards have 2 more errors tonight. Seriously embarrassing. I try not to be a spoiled brat like lot of cards fans and go too ape shit over few mediocre seasons but I would prefer if we could at least play fundamentally as sound as 5th graders!

Back