Mayweather vs. Canelo - September 14

Jab v2.0

Pretty much a regular
Floyd Mayweather@FloydMayweather<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px;">15m</small>
I chose my opponent for September 14th and it's Canelo Alvarez. I'm giving the fans what they want. It will be at the MGM Grand.

Weight is going to be 152.

The build up will be better than the fight, imo. I think Canelo takes too many breaks. Mayweather will box him to death.

Definitely looking forward to this. Mayweather will win but I think it'll be exciting. At only 22 years old, Canelo probably would've benefitted from a little more experience but you gotta take the fight if it's there.

Definitely looking forward to this. Mayweather will win but I think it'll be exciting. At only 22 years old, Canelo probably would've benefitted from a little more experience but you gotta take the fight if it's there.
IF it happens Money will be in SERIOUS boxing mode....wont be a Cotto type fight

Bama vs TAMU on the same day....Mannix just pointed out

Huge day for CBS...IF no hiccups lol....i hope not

Floyd Mayweather@FloydMayweather<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px;">15m</small>
I chose my opponent for September 14th and it's Canelo Alvarez. I'm giving the fans what they want. It will be at the MGM Grand.

Weight is going to be 152.

i love how he says he is giving the fans what they want LOL. He has not given the fans what they want for years now.

Will the ring be a football feild and what will the gloves weigh?

Saul will weigh 170 on fight night likely..per usual

roll around defensive fight where there's no action

It really just depends on whether or not you appreciate Mayweather's skill. The way I see it, it's not his job to stand there and get hit. It's his opponents job to go out there and hit him. People like to look at it as "Mayweather's boring", when they should be saying "Mayweather is just too good for everyone else." Hence "boxing", not "punching".

Fighters say "He runs. He moves a lot." So let's all blame Mayweather because you can't cut the ring off? Laughable, imo.

It really just depends on whether or not you appreciate Mayweather's skill. The way I see it, it's not his job to stand there and get hit. It's his opponents job to go out there and hit him. People like to look at it as "Mayweather's boring", when they should be saying "Mayweather is just too good for everyone else." Hence "boxing", not "punching".

Fighters say "He runs. He moves a lot." So let's all blame Mayweather because you can't cut the ring off? Laughable, imo.
I agree with you. If I was PBF, I wouldn't change a thing. Why? You haven't lost doing it. I was just answering the question regarding what a GSP fight is.

LOL....how so?

Please do not say Pac

Look, the guy deserves credit for taking this fight right now and that is undisputed. It's ironic to me that he fires off a tweet saying he is giving the fans what they want to see. Regardless of who you fault for the Pac/Money fight not happening the simple truth is, that was the fight that fans wanted to see for a long long time now and that ship has sailed. Now he cares about giving fans what they want to see? Gimme a break.

[TABLE="class: LineTable, width: 783"]
<tbody>[TR="class: LHR"]
[TD="colspan: 5"]Welterweight 12 rounds - MGM Grand - Las Vegas, Nevada - Showtime PPV - Saturday, September 14, 2013 11:00 PM[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: LR NonAlt, bgcolor: #E9EEEE"]
[TD]701 Saul Alvarez[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]+220[/TD]
[TD]Over 11½ -350[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: LR NonAlt, bgcolor: #E9EEEE"]
[TD]702 Floyd Mayweather Jr[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]-260[/TD]
[TD]Under 11½ +260[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
5dimes opened at -270. Pinnacle offering -235 on Floyd for those who have that out. I think we see better than -260 week of the fight. Also would love to be able to bet this fight in Vegas as I'm SURE Mexicans will drive Floyd's price down betting Canelo on fight week. Make no mistake, Canelo will be the massive fan favorite this fight. It will feel like the Chavez Sr. v Meldrick Taylor atmosphere.

Look, the guy deserves credit for taking this fight right now and that is undisputed. It's ironic to me that he fires off a tweet saying he is giving the fans what they want to see. Regardless of who you fault for the Pac/Money fight not happening the simple truth is, that was the fight that fans wanted to see for a long long time now and that ship has sailed. Now he cares about giving fans what they want to see? Gimme a break.

Takes two to make a fight happen.

I agree with you. If I was PBF, I wouldn't change a thing. Why? You haven't lost doing it. I was just answering the question regarding what a GSP fight is.

I think Twink wanted to know what GSP stood for. I'm assuming it was George St. Pierre. You did explain the type of fight, but pretty sure GSP is what Twink was asking about.

This might be the top ppv of all time.

When they say these fights are the "top ppv" of all time, do they go by money made or viewers? Pretty sure they go by money, and of course the recent ones are the top of all time, they charge more than ever for the fights.

Always hate this about movies and the way these shitty movies are the "top grossing" films ever....no shit; you fucking charge $10 or more to see a movie when it used to cost half as much. Pretty obvious that movies nowadays are going to gross more since you're charging more...don't play it off like people are beating down your doors to watch the movie and it's a must see, you simply charge more than you used to.

Takes two to make a fight happen.

Right, and Floyd kept putting in stipulations and wanting Pac to jump through hoops to make the fight happen. If Floyd wasn't afraid of Pac back then, the fight would have happened. It certainly wasn't Pac who stood in the way of the fight ever happening.

This might be the top ppv of all time.

If this PPV did over 2.5 mil PPV buys like De la Hoya v Mayweahter I'd shit a brick. Although they'll probably up the PPV price to 79.99 for this one so they can claim HIGHEST GROSSING PPV EVER FOR MONEY TEAM / AL HAYMON!!!!!!!!! ;LKASJD;FLKASD;FLKASDFJ;LDKSF

Right, and Floyd kept putting in stipulations and wanting Pac to jump through hoops to make the fight happen. If Floyd wasn't afraid of Pac back then, the fight would have happened. It certainly wasn't Pac who stood in the way of the fight ever happening.

"Scared of needles"

"Need to build a stadium"

"Won't drug test"

Excuses work both ways. I won't entertain this played out argument anymore. They're both to blame, to place all the blame on one person, is to be blind to the entire situation.

I saw a video where Manny said he'd agree to any and all drug test including on the day of the fight. I forget where I saw the video. But now it's a money thing. This fight unfortunately will never happen.

I think Twink wanted to know what GSP stood for. I'm assuming it was George St. Pierre. You did explain the type of fight, but pretty sure GSP is what Twink was asking about.
Jeez. I thought everybody knew what GSP stood for and who he is. Fucking twink and all his questions LOL.

Sure it was the fight everyone wanted. It takes two to dance and it wasn't all May believe that.....And now that there is this

pacget_2422570b.jpg

[TABLE="class: LineTable, width: 783"]
<TBODY>[TR="class: LHR"]
[TD="colspan: 5"]Welterweight 12 rounds - MGM Grand - Las Vegas, Nevada - Showtime PPV - Saturday, September 14, 2013 11:00 PM
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: LR NonAlt, bgcolor: #e9eeee"]
[TD]701 Saul Alvarez
[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]+220
[/TD]
[TD]Over 11½ -350
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: LR NonAlt, bgcolor: #e9eeee"]
[TD]702 Floyd Mayweather Jr
[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]-260
[/TD]
[TD]Under 11½ +260
[/TD]
[/TR]
</TBODY>[/TABLE]
5dimes opened at -270. Pinnacle offering -235 on Floyd for those who have that out. I think we see better than -260 week of the fight. Also would love to be able to bet this fight in Vegas as I'm SURE Mexicans will drive Floyd's price down betting Canelo on fight week. Make no mistake, Canelo will be the massive fan favorite this fight. It will feel like the Chavez Sr. v Meldrick Taylor atmosphere.

I wanna see this again
mayweather_sombrero3_display_image.jpg

When they say these fights are the "top ppv" of all time, do they go by money made or viewers? Pretty sure they go by money, and of course the recent ones are the top of all time, they charge more than ever for the fights.

Always hate this about movies and the way these shitty movies are the "top grossing" films ever....no shit; you fucking charge $10 or more to see a movie when it used to cost half as much. Pretty obvious that movies nowadays are going to gross more since you're charging more...don't play it off like people are beating down your doors to watch the movie and it's a must see, you simply charge more than you used to.

It is buys....Floyd and Oscar hold the record

It isnt the money that they go by

Certainly your opinion, but this is false and you can ask any of the boxing guys here and they will tell you the same

I saw a video where Manny said he'd agree to any and all drug test including on the day of the fight. I forget where I saw the video. But now it's a money thing. This fight unfortunately will never happen.

Manny said a lot of thing

Just my opinion but it is very well rumored in circles that Manny dopes.....to do what he did at 47 is just unreal for a guy that fought at weights he fought at

Again just my opinion

FTR I think it was clear JMM was on something in the 4th fight as well

hate to drag this back up, but it sounds like i'm reading a chris mannix article. Manny wanted 50% of the money, and wouldn't agree to Olympic style drug testing for a myriad of reasons. Then, he said he would. Then, he said he'd take less money. Boxing is as much as business as a sport. Why would floyd give him equal money when there was nobody on the planet that manny could fight that would come close to the potential PPV buys? While floyd was gettin 1.5mm buys w/cotto. As much as "giving the fans what they want" sounds good, that's still no reason to walk into a shitty business deal. Can't really blame him. just my opinion.

and yes, JMM was for sure on something.

and manny has been for yeaaaaars.

Back