LOCK of the Century

CryptoWhale

Pretty much a regular
This is a no brainer.

5EFCD6BD-5D41-4C29-B8F6-FA7D43471DE5.jpeg

Clemson barely beats OSU in the final minutes. Clemson also needs 28 points swung in their favor to beat OSU. How is the line -4? No clue but I’ll take it as a line of the century for LSU. Clemson is severely overmatched against LSU.

Final score........LSU 44 - Clemson 20

Clemson is a far more complete team than LSU, but LSU’s one trick is exceptional. Clemson would’ve been favored if this had been the semi, interesting that it swung this much based on today. I think it should be closer to pick. I’ve got a future on Clemson so not sure how I’m going to play it yet

Clemson is a far more complete team than LSU, but LSU’s one trick is exceptional. Clemson would’ve been favored if this had been the semi, interesting that it swung this much based on today. I think it should be closer to pick. I’ve got a future on Clemson so not sure how I’m going to play it yet
Holding Clemson at +240, so in the same boat.

Holding Clemson at +240, so in the same boat.

I don’t think you can take much away from LSU’s game today other than OU was just overwhelmed. But it feels like it’s just LSU’s year, and Burrow is playing as well as anyone ever has at that position. Don’t feel like laying the points just yet, may just let it ride

Yeah, this thing flipped almost a TD before the 3rd quarter was over. Amazing.

I don’t think you can take much away from LSU’s game today other than OU was just overwhelmed. But it feels like it’s just LSU’s year, and Burrow is playing as well as anyone ever has at that position. Don’t feel like laying the points just yet, may just let it ride
Pro style offensive coordinator is almost unfair. We’ll see how Venables matches up.

Curious why you say Clemson is a far more complete team than LSU. If Clemson struggled against OSU and barely won, how do you think they will fare against a much more dominant team in LSU? LSU is easily has the better offense. Not sure on the exact stats on defense for both teams, but I don’t believe there is a large discrepancy. However, Clemson with a cupcake schedule and conference compared to LSU and the SEC makes it hard to judge defensive stats due to a weak ACC conference when compared to the SEC.

Clemson hadn’t played anyone in the top 10 this year until tonight and barely won. LSU has faced six top 10 teams and destroyed them all.

Curious why you say Clemson is a far more complete team than LSU. If Clemson struggled against OSU and barely won, how do you think they will fare against a much more dominant team in LSU? LSU is easily has the better offense. Not sure on the exact stats on defense for both teams, but I don’t believe this is a large discrepancy. However, Clemson with a cupcake schedule and conference compared to LSU and the SEC makes it hard to judge defensive stats due to a weak ACC conference when compared to the SEC.

Clemson hadn’t played anyone in the top 10 this year until tonight and barely one. LSU has faced six top 10 teams and destroyed them all.
This will be a fun game to analyze but LSU hadn't played 6 top 10 teams.

My only thing here when discussing this bet is you could of had LSU getting points in this matchup before today. Did you see enough today to go ahead and give away 5-7 points of value? Just curious for discussion is all. Good luck on your play.

Curious why you say Clemson is a far more complete team than LSU. If Clemson struggled against OSU and barely won, how do you think they will fare against a much more dominant team in LSU? LSU is easily has the better offense. Not sure on the exact stats on defense for both teams, but I don’t believe this is a large discrepancy. However, Clemson with a cupcake schedule and conference compared to LSU and the SEC makes it hard to judge defensive stats due to a weak ACC conference when compared to the SEC.

Clemson hadn’t played anyone in the top 10 this year until tonight and barely one. LSU has faced six top 10 teams and destroyed them all.
Before tonight tOSU was considered the most complete team. Surely better than anyone LSU has faced all year. Clemson just went toe-to-toe with them, and won. LSU has given up points against good teams, but no team they have faced has been good on both sides of the ball. If they have, idk which one. AU, great D. AL, great O. No team on their schedule was complete.

Before tonight tOSU was considered the most complete team. Surely better than anyone LSU has faced all year. Clemson just went toe-to-toe with them, and won. LSU has given up points against good teams, but no team they have faced has been good on both sides of the ball. If they have, idk which one. AU, great D. AL, great O. No team on their schedule was complete.

Clemson’s defense is overrated and misleading from a weak ACC conference. Again they played no one until tonight and barely won, largely in part to the officiating.

Clemson’s defense is overrated and misleading from a weak ACC conference. Again they played no one until tonight and barely won, largely in part to the officiating.
Officiating aside, they just held tOSU to 23 points. Pretty solid considering their average in a much stronger BIG. ACC May be weak, but Clemson should be considered as a great TEAM regardless of conference affiliation.

You know better than to count Texas as a top 10 team. Georgia...Florida...fringe....Bama...fringe(although I'll give ya that)... Oklahoma sure. They have beaten 5 quality (very good teams) and two 7-5 teams and then patsies. Impressive stuff but let's not use rankings from anywhere before November to justify things.

Curious why you say Clemson is a far more complete team than LSU. If Clemson struggled against OSU and barely won, how do you think they will fare against a much more dominant team in LSU? LSU is easily has the better offense. Not sure on the exact stats on defense for both teams, but I don’t believe there is a large discrepancy. However, Clemson with a cupcake schedule and conference compared to LSU and the SEC makes it hard to judge defensive stats due to a weak ACC conference when compared to the SEC.

Clemson hadn’t played anyone in the top 10 this year until tonight and barely won. LSU has faced six top 10 teams and destroyed them all.

Ohio St is better than any team LSU has played, so not really sure where you’re going with “barely beat” one of the 3 best teams. Both Clemson and Ohio St would’ve handled OU with ease today IMO. LSU definitely has the better offense, but Clemson easily has a better defense. LSU has played a better offense than Clemson, and arguably a better defense, but nobody that’s elite on both sides.

Cmon guys. We been told Clemson had beaten nobody before the osu game, now osu was overrated and Clemson was lucky.

Let’s stop pretending Clemson has been in 4 championship games in a row and has won 2 of last 3. Isn’t it obvious they total frauds who never play anyone and get lucky a lot????

Cmon guys. We been told Clemson had beaten nobody before the osu game, now osu was overrated and Clemson was lucky.

Let’s stop pretending Clemson has been in 4 championship games in a row and has won 2 of last 3. Isn’t it obvious they total frauds who never play anyone and get lucky a lot????
Thank you, sarcasm aside.

My only thing here when discussing this bet is you could of had LSU getting points in this matchup before today. Did you see enough today to go ahead and give away 5-7 points of value? Just curious for discussion is all. Good luck on your play.

Honestly did not see it otherwise I would have tagged it as far as I could have. Didn’t realize the line was up, busy the last week with holidays and before with work and year end deadlines. Def missed a good opportunity.

I’m shocked this line has overreacted so much. Clemson just beat arguably the best team in country (according to many) but waxing Sooners more impressive? All 3 these teams would have smoked Sooners!’ I can’t believe line climbing. Never would believe the winner of Clemson osu would get discredited for style points!’ Crazy imo.

is Crypto and trader joe the same person? Asking for a friend

Certainly well versed in the same bs narrative about Clemson not being that good! Trader joe has conveniently disappeared after talking at everyone for 2 weeks! Lol. How many posters Clemson gonna run off this year?

Certainly well versed in the same bs narrative about Clemson not being that good! Trader joe has conveniently disappeared after talking at everyone for 2 weeks! Lol. How many posters Clemson gonna run off this year?
It’s like superman and Clark Kent. Never in the same room...

I want to preface this with the fact that I didn't watch the game. Almost none of it but a few plays that were on a nearby screen for a drawing I attended (but did not win. insert sadface here). But looking at the boxscore it looks like TOSU was maybe the better overall team but Clemson made some key plays and tosu had mistakes (turnovers and penalties -- again didn't see the game but it appears there is some officiating whining on the interwebs).

So tough as both teams are trains that are hard to step in front of right now.

I’m shocked this line has overreacted so much. Clemson just beat arguably the best team in country (according to many) but waxing Sooners more impressive? All 3 these teams would have smoked Sooners!’ I can’t believe line climbing. Never would believe the winner of Clemson osu would get discredited for style points!’ Crazy imo.

Not at all but this should work in your favor since you like the dog here.

I agree there may be some over reaction to yesterday's games, but according to Sagarin's strength of schedule, LSU is ranked at #4, Clemson at #52 fwiw.

Curious why you say Clemson is a far more complete team than LSU. If Clemson struggled against OSU and barely won, how do you think they will fare against a much more dominant team in LSU?
*Is* LSU "much more dominant" than Ohio State? That's far from proven.

You are correct, but those #'s are on a neutral field.

I gotta believe the Superdome is gonna be slightly biased...

I agree there may be some over reaction to yesterday's games, but according to Sagarin's strength of schedule, LSU is ranked at #4, Clemson at #52 fwiw.

I think SOS can be useful for ranking teams in order of most deserving, but is basically useless in determining if one team is better than another at this stage

It’s not Clemson’s fault that the ACC has become a joke of a conference blame Miami and FSU for that. It doesn’t take away from the fact that Dabo has built up a great program.

I think LSU wins the game but as of now have no plans to lay 6 points. The mistake was not betting the potential matchup before yesterday’s games were played. Maybe LSU blows them out but I see no value giving 6 points.

After last night many people will be on the LSU train. Especially with the opening line less than a TD. I don't see anyway LSU doesn't win by 10+ points but there is something to be said for what Clemson has accomplished over the last 4 years getting to the title game. If Clemson can survive the first couple series against LSU keeping it even or better they have a real shot at beating em. Like many bowl games I think if you watch the first series or two the right play kinda sells itself. I will most likely be on LSU and I think the line will get up to -6 by game day. Alot can happen in two weeks and I don't see the public being all over LSU necessarily. Line could hold. In some form or fashion I can promise I will be on LSU pretty large based on what I have seen. Purple and Gold has definitely made me some cash this year, especially the team total over angle...I am gonna wait it out and make a decision closer to game day...one thing is for sure and for certain, if LSU blows out Clemson like they have to so many quality teams this year I would have a hard time not putting them into the class of all time greatest teams

And speaking of that game from the home field angle, I don’t think Clemson fans will get their hands on as many tickets as Alabama’s did for that one. From where I was sitting that night it looked 50-50 at best if not 55 or 60 for Alabama. I think the LSU advantage over Clemson will be similar to what they had against Oklahoma in Atlanta.

And speaking of that game from the home field angle, I don’t think Clemson fans will get their hands on as many tickets as Alabama’s did for that one. From where I was sitting that night it looked 50-50 at best if not 55 or 60 for Alabama. I think the LSU advantage over Clemson will be similar to what they had against Oklahoma in Atlanta.
I’ll say it. We were dominated by their fans in my hometown and a place I’ve sat well over 200 times

Just out of curiosity Crypto, how much would you be totally comfortable laying with LSU v Clemson?

Well had I been paying attention and not busy, I would have laid much more on LSU at even to getting any points the book wanted to give. If like was even now, I’d tag it again for another 5 units.

Back