College Football is Ass Backwards

says who?
if TCU loses a competitive game to 10th ranked K-State and I can pretty much guaranteed you they will not slip out of the Top 4.

If TCU, Georgia, or Michigan get Blown Out by 20 pts + (any of them) then they should worry about getting moved out of the Top 4 and Ohio State moving up into the Top 4.

if USC loses to Utah they are 1,000% out of the Top 4.

no one is saying if TCU loses they are out.

it really depends on the flow and they style of the game.

but if GA or MICH or TCU get blown out, then Yes I think they can get moved out and Ohio State can get moved right back in.

why?

they got blown out by #3 Mich while GA and MICH and TCU would be getting blown out by LSU or Purdue or K-State.

looks different.

but truthfully the committee should look at the entire season and 12-1 records of GA, TCU and MICH and weigh them against the 11-1 record of OH State

"no one is saying if TCU loses they are out."

Yes they are, media people on TV and radio I hear are saying they are and that the door is open for Ohio State and Alabama are poised to come right in. The people calling the talk shows. Noise, noise, noise, blah, blah, blah.

this is why it should not even be a debate. Teams should have to qualify, not win a beauty contest.

Yes they are, media people on TV and radio I hear are saying they are and that the door is open for Ohio State and Alabama are poised to come right in. The people calling the talk shows. Noise, noise, noise, blah, blah, blah.

this is why it should not even be a debate. Teams should have to qualify, not win a beauty contest.

Russian judge disagrees

on the ESPN Rankings release show last night that had Rece Davis, Joey Galloway and Herbstreit (and I cannot remember if it was David Pollack or someone else) the unanimous consensus was that even in a loss, TCU goes to the Playoff.

as they closed the show, Herbie said, and I am paraphrasing: "the only real drama this weekend will be USC wins or loses".

they expect the Top 3 to go, and only USC is the question.

i am not telling you what i think about TCU because these talking heads said it, i am saying it because I myself believe it.

the data is there in TCU's favor.

Bama going to the CFP? ZERO ZERO ZERO chance. ZERO.

There’s no guarantee any loser gets an At Large berth.
I don’t agree with your logic at all. You’re saying getting to a Conference championship is meaningless because of the loser getting a berth anyways? Winning a conference championship is meaningless? A better seed is also meaningless? All because it doesn’t eliminate a team in the regular season?
You’re placing no importance on getting to a conference championship because a team will get a playoff berth.
You’re also assuming these teams aren’t having bubble type seasons.
Going into the OSU-Michigan game this year there was talk of both getting in if it was a competitive game. Did that make it meaningless to you?
Everything you’re complaining about is CAUSED by the existence of a playoff. The problems with A 12-team playoff will be much greater

At this point, it has to be the P12 holding into the last perceived piece they had. B10 seems to have accepted reality as fast as the SEC

yeah I would agree, but then you have USC/UCLA going to the big ten. It's cray.

Everything you’re complaining about is CAUSED by the existence of a playoff. The problems with A 12-team playoff will be much greater
You think the National Football League has it figured out or should they only have a Final Four?
You guys are that paranoid about advancing more teams into meaningful football in December? The National championship isn’t until the 2nd week of January?

You think the National Football League has it figured out or should they only have a Final Four?
You guys are that paranoid about advancing more teams into meaningful football in December? The National championship isn’t until the 2nd week of January?

Comparing the NFL to CFB is silly. They aren’t even close to the same thing, there are obvious and multiple reasons as to why they are much, much different.

Comparing the NFL to CFB is silly. They aren’t even close to the same thing, there are obvious and multiple reasons as to why they are much, much different.
@dannykannel who actually played college football tweeted
Can’t wait until we get a 12 team playoff started. Its going to be incredible. Anyone who complains or says otherwise is a loser.

@dannykannel who actually played college football tweeted
Can’t wait until we get a 12 team playoff started. Its going to be incredible. Anyone who complains or says otherwise is a loser.

A lot of people want a 12 team playoff. But Danny Kannel is about the biggest tool in sports media. When he's on the satellite radio show, I must change the station.

Wanting more teams in the playoffs so we have many many many more meaningful regular season games for the Top 25, as well as a December full of playoff games which would deter players from opting out would be exactly what CFB has needed.

Well you know what they say ... opinions are like assholes and we all have one.

Reactions: KJ
Paying the players is what is destroying the sport currently. I am not sure it can be saved from that monster and not sure that monster can be shoved back into the bag.

well you will get your wish, 12 team playoff beginning 2024.

i believe the unintended consequence of a watered down reg season will not be popular.

only one team will be happy at the end of it all, just like now.

the bowls will all be absolutely meaningless, which is what most of you think right now.

the Rose Bowl will never be the same ever.

The Grandaddy of them all is going to die at the end of 2023.

i do not see this as great progress, or any real progress at all TBH.

i just don't.

CFB will now become NFL light.

just get rid of the playoff then all the bowls/reg season games will mean something.
YOu know, like it was before everyone wanted a playoff.

I want meaningful football every week, and the way to do that is to minimize the playoff in size and importance.

well you will get your wish, 12 team playoff beginning 2024.

i believe the unintended consequence of a watered down reg season will not be popular.

only one team will be happy at the end of it all, just like now.

the bowls will all be absolutely meaningless, which is what most of you think right now.

the Rose Bowl will never be the same ever.

The Grandaddy of them all is going to die at the end of 2023.

i do not see this as great progress, or any real progress at all TBH.

i just don't.

CFB will now become NFL light.
Majent, the Rose Bowl will be 1 of the sites. I love the Rose Bowl more than anyone but hasn’t it already be tainted by the Final Four when they’re not a site? It has. Utah played in it last year and will play in it again vs who? Not Michigan or Ohio St. It’ll be Purdue vs Utah while we’re in a Final Four format.

Majent, the Rose Bowl will be 1 of the sites. I love the Rose Bowl more than anyone but hasn’t it already be tainted by the Final Four when they’re not a site? It has. Utah played in it last year and will play in it again vs who? Not Michigan or Ohio St. It’ll be Purdue vs Utah while we’re in a Final Four format.

They don't have to take the B1G game loser. Likely it will be Penn State right?

I’m kind “on one” right now….but for perspective.

Y’all see the avatar. Everyone knows my allegiance.

Today at Yuleman for Tulane with my family was fucking everything. On the field, the win. The whole 9.

My kids are Tigers. But to explain to them the whole shit n shabang about “no, he’s probably not playing NFL”, was everything. To say, “No, he’s not leaving early for the NFL” OR “nah son, he didn’t go to FLA or FLA St…he didn’t get offered there” was amazing .

I’m on a soapbox but was pretty awesome

I’m kind “on one” right now….but for perspective.

Y’all see the avatar. Everyone knows my allegiance.

Today at Yuleman for Tulane with my family was fucking everything. On the field, the win. The whole 9.

My kids are Tigers. But to explain to them the whole shit n shabang about “no, he’s probably not playing NFL”, was everything. To say, “No, he’s not leaving early for the NFL” OR “nah son, he didn’t go to FLA or FLA St…he didn’t get offered there” was amazing .

I’m on a soapbox but was pretty awesome

I was told here that game didn't matter because there is no 12 team playoff for that winner to go to. You mean to tell me the spectators and players actually cared. Huh, I wonder if wiseplayer saw that game

More ass-backwardness.
TCU’s loss in the championship shouldn’t count BECAUSE they had to play an extra game while Alabama is sitting at home not playing. However, USC’s loss is going to count while OSU is at home. Do these games count or not? When do they count, when do they not count?
What would the spread be if TCU played Jorga vs the spread Bama vs Jorga? Maybe a TD to 10pt difference? How about vs Michigan? Better yet, Let’s make a spread on what Bama vs TCU would be.

Other than the corrupt reputation of judging in boxing & UFC which are individual sports, since when does subjective thinking behind closed doors by people nobody knows?
Other than Michigan vs Ohio St & Alabama vs Tennessee, was there another Must Watch game this year including the Conference Championships?
CFB needs to start getting creative like boring ass soccer has.

The best way to have the games count is to not have people hand picking certain teams for other opportunities in spite of what happens in the actual games.

Let us take this opportunity wiseplayer, albeit rare and perhaps fleeting, for me to say I agree with you, that the winners of the conference title games should be in the playoff. Which, I think that is how you feel. I stop there, you want more.

I know you want more good games. I know you do not like Ohio State playing Northwestern and want more like Ohio State playing Michigan. There is just too much imbalance to have those kinds of games every week. I accept that and I actually find a lot of enjoyment in that. I can't speak for you, or anyone else who might want more 'must watch games' because I have my own wants and needs and I find dozens of must watch games every week. We just want and get different things from the sport. That doesn't make me right and you wrong on that, it just makes us different.

But WAIT! We’re all waiting with bated breath on NFL Sunday for whether TCU gets the 3 or 4 seed!! I wonder if the panel is discussing whether the ratings would be best to have OSU play Michigan in a rematch or put them 4 because nobody is interested in a rematch?
Can you imagine this for a minute? Michigan vs OSU is the GREATEST of all College Football rivalries and it’s a concern that they just played so nobody would be interested? Are you fucking kidding me? A month of OSU-Mich hype in December wouldn’t be better than Michigan-TCU? How about Bama vs Jorga and Michigan vs OSU in the Semi’s over what they’re about to announce.
The more this played out yesterday the more CFB proved how ass backwards their system is.

But WAIT! We’re all waiting with bated breath on NFL Sunday for whether TCU gets the 3 or 4 seed!! I wonder if the panel is discussing whether the ratings would be best to have OSU play Michigan in a rematch or put them 4 because nobody is interested in a rematch?
Can you imagine this for a minute? Michigan vs OSU is the GREATEST of all College Football rivalries and it’s a concern that they just played so nobody would be interested? Are you fucking kidding me? A month of OSU-Mich hype in December wouldn’t be better than Michigan-TCU? How about Bama vs Jorga and Michigan vs OSU in the Semi’s over what they’re about to announce.
The more this played out yesterday the more CFB proved how ass backwards their system is.
Who are you speaking for?

UGA/Mich one game, no bullshit

Danny Kanell is a loser

I seriously don't need to see ten other teams who've failed to make a claim for the title, play your bowl games and go pro

This is not a professional sport regardless of NIL

Who are you speaking for?

UGA/Mich one game, no bullshit

Danny Kanell is a loser
KJ, how epic would it be if the NCAA stopped over thinking this and put Michigan vs OSU and Georgia vs Bama in the semi’s? It would be the best of the SEC vs the best of the Big 10 for the Natty. Now we’re gonna see TCU after they lost to K St in the playoffs? Ohio St is gonna get punked vs Jorga.

KJ, how epic would it be if the NCAA stopped over thinking this and put Michigan vs OSU and Georgia vs Bama in the semi’s? It would be the best of the SEC vs the best of the Big 10 for the Natty. Now we’re gonna see TCU after they lost to K St in the playoffs? Ohio St is gonna get punked vs Jorga.
It wouldn't be watched by me

Great that you think it's appealing, it's the opposite of that

You quoted Danny Kanell as calling many of us losers

GTFO

wiseplayer, do you go to concerts? who is your favorite artist or band?

when I go to a concert I don't want the set closer song to be repeated as the encore

Ohio State and Michigan is an awesome rivalry. So what is better, twice! Hell figure out a way they can play three times!

Once makes it really special, play it too much and the luster starts to wear off.

In my opinion, Ohio State should not be in any playoff, none. They proved they are not good enough. Losing important games should have consequences.

I don't know about anyone else, well I'm pretty sure about KJ, but neither of us have any kind of baited breath for what bullshit some bullshit selection committee is going to say on some bullshit TV show

• Love
Reactions: KJ
God forbid TCU upsets Michigan in the Semi’s. Just another unfortunate tier 3 team in the Final Four.
Let these 3rd tier teams play in the someone else in the quarters like a Bama or Tennessee before they earn a Final Four berth.
Ya see, 12 teams allows the tougher conference teams to have another chance against the Frauds who are a 1 loss team in a weak Big 12.
TCU, Notre Dame, Cincinnati would never had made the Final Four in recent years in a 12 team format.
How many times can I smoke this argument without a cigar!?

You want the 12 team playoff but now it sounds like you don't think certain teams should be in the playoff. ?

It means these frauds would have been beaten but a 2nd tier SEC team prior.

I still don’t get what you’re trying to say. ND and Cinci have both been in the “final four” and were murked. ND murked more than once if I’m not mistaken.

I’m not sure I get your point here, maybe you can expand on your thoughts?

If you’re saying what I think you could be…again those teams have already been beaten on the big stage, do we really need another game to let us know they’d lose and we move on to the next round? I’m not sure I get your point, and how that point brings anyone to your side in this discussion.

The 12 team playoff format absolutely keeps every fan base interested in their conference race from a national standpoint. If you win the conference then you care what’s going on around the country as to who else is qualifying. Give me a cigar to burn another hole in the stupidity of those supporting only 4 teams.

My problem with the 12 team playoff is that it is automatically unfair by the numbers, meaning you have 4 teams with byes? To be fair that would have to be a rolling thing with the conferences so the MAC, MWC etc. get byes just as often as the teams from other conferences.

Anything but a committee deciding who the teams are that get byes.

Please.... I am begging for an objective process. Please.

The 12 team playoff format absolutely keeps every fan base interested in their conference race from a national standpoint. If you win the conference then you care what’s going on around the country as to who else is qualifying. Give me a cigar to burn another hole in the stupidity of those supporting only 4 teams.

i am onboard for 8 teams.

i would also like to divisions removed from each conference, so we do not get an 8-4 purdue team in the Playoff because they made the B1G title game due to a weak division and they had a good CCG against a better team and fluked a win.

My problem with the 12 team playoff is that it is automatically unfair by the numbers, meaning you have 4 teams with byes? To be fair that would have to be a rolling thing with the conferences so the MAC, MWC etc. get byes just as often as the teams from other conferences.

Anything but a committee deciding who the teams are that get byes.

Please.... I am begging for an objective process. Please.

how do you do anything without a committee when it comes to CFB and CBB?

even the NCAA Tourney 68 teams, has a committee deciding things.

I'd feel better if the 'committee' was a blend of various computer ranking and human polls - the BCS formula. But humans don't like that because they don't have total control over the decisions.

Back