LOCK of the Century

Well had I been paying attention and not busy, I would have laid much more on LSU at even to getting any points the book wanted to give. If like was even now, I’d tag it again for another 5 units.
I should have clarified, "How many POINTS would you be comfortable laying?" Actually, don't worry about it, it was only out of morbid curiosity anyway. You mentioned a predicted score of 44-20 earlier, so I guess my answer is anything under about 21.

Officiating aside, they just held tOSU to 23 points. Pretty solid considering their average in a much stronger BIG. ACC May be weak, but Clemson should be considered as a great TEAM regardless of conference affiliation.
Agree Clemson is a great team. Buckeye point total tho should have a big asterisk* ... Fields not able to run full speed....Dobbins hobbled all of 2nd half and unable to make cuts as in 1st half. Dropped TD passes etc. They moved the ball seemed like at will most of the game. Burrow will get his....I like the over

Man Florida outplayed LSU on the road, at night.

And Florida went back and forth with a team in UVA who would have lost by 60 if Clemson wanted to.

Could the SEC be down across the board this year? If Alabama loses to Michigan somehow I would be worried as a LSU backer. OU stunk, everyone knew that. Texas stinks and they should have beaten LSU.

Lawrence > Joey. Dabo is the best coach in football with the best staff.

Agree Clemson is a great team. Buckeye point total tho should have a big asterisk* ... Fields not able to run full speed....Dobbins hobbled all of 2nd half and unable to make cuts as in 1st half. Dropped TD passes etc. They moved the ball seemed like at will most of the game. Burrow will get his....I like the over

Yep.

And Florida went back and forth with a team in UVA who would have lost by 60 if Clemson wanted to.

Could the SEC be down across the board this year? If Alabama loses to Michigan somehow I would be worried as a LSU backer. OU stunk, everyone knew that. Texas stinks and they should have beaten LSU.

I think a severe case of confirmation bias has set in for some folks on both sides.

Didn't LSU beat Florida by 14?

I think a severe case of confirmation bias has set in for some folks on both sides.
I watched that whole game. I literally had bets on LSU live and also a FLA TT so I was rooting for everything. LSU couldn't stop them for the most part. On the other side, FLA couldn't really stop them either... The interception as FLA was going in at 35-28 with 6 mins left the difference. Otherwise it was gonna be who had the ball last or go to OT. Remember that FLA also ended the game inside the 5 or 10(SOD I believe). I came out of that game believing that LSU was damn good but would be using their offense as their defense so to speak. On the Florida side my thought was that Trask played out of his mind but that they had a lot of skill players who could do damage ... LSU obviously the better team but that wasn't some walk away win...they absolutely had a ballgame on their hands. Senior QB made plays late while young guy did not.

Saying it was a ballgame and saying Florida outplayed LSU are two different things. LSU averaged over 10 yards per play and only faced 3 or 4 third downs the entire night, that’s total and complete domination on that side of the ball.

Florida also played really well on offense. Did they play over their head or did they play well because LSU’s defense is bad? They averaged 5.5 ypp so it didn’t really come easy, but they executed at an extremely high level and kept the chains moving. Could they replicate that level of execution again against anyone? Against the early season LSU defense? Against the current LSU defense? People probably have their minds made up on those answers and won’t be changed.

And obviously that doesn’t even address the transitive property argument.

It's been just three games of good-looking D by LSU after a stretch of 10 questionable games. I understand that some players have returned or healed up after injuries (or suspension), but I was forgetting something important in regard to the TAMU game. That was a big revenge game after the 7-OT loss last year. That goes a long way to explaining the margin of victory. Georgia was one-dimensional with all the missing receivers, and OU was badly depleted on defense. Each of these last three games has some anomalies that lead me to question whether the current LSU team really is better than the one that gave up so many points earlier in the season.

This is a no brainer.

View attachment 44819

Clemson barely beats OSU in the final minutes. Clemson also needs 28 points swung in their favor to beat OSU. How is the line -4? No clue but I’ll take it as a line of the century for LSU. Clemson is severely overmatched against LSU.

Final score........LSU 44 - Clemson 20

Thank you LSU and Joe Burrow.

Pretty spot on for my predicted score.

Clemson outclassed on both sides of the ball. Always nice when you don't have to sweat it out and the call goes as planned. This was def a no brainer.

Sorry I’m fucking bitter. I got my shit pushed in all fucking season. Good play. Congrats on the win.

All good man, I've got thick skin. This was just one of those plays, as soon as I saw it hit the board, I got that feeling, it was just the one, can't describe it. Nothing is given, but every now and then there are a few that just stand out. Followed my gut and pounded.

Better days ahead bro, it's a sprint, not a quarter mile. You'll rebound, keep grinding.

All good man, I've got thick skin. This was just one of those plays, as soon as I saw it hit the board, I got that feeling, it was just the one, can't describe it. Nothing is given, but every now and then there are a few that just stand out. Followed my gut and pounded.

Better days ahead bro, it's a sprint, not a quarter mile. You'll rebound, keep grinding.
I enjoyed rereading this thread. Being passionate about your team or conference or even a heavy lean/play are what sets collegiate sports apart from the professional sports. Glad you were right!

Back