LIV Tour

I'm not going to go thru the whole thread, but has the word "scab" been used anywhere in here?

Shotgun 3 days no cut is not a tournament to me

Turned down 400 stix

Another point on Rahm….I get what he’s saying, but LIV isn’t so much a tour as it is a league, which is something I’d say the vast majority of golf hobbyists in this country are quite familiar with. This is also a concept the other big solo sport, tennis, has used for decades to augment their existing set of tournaments. Somehow the tennis federations have been able to coexist with their leagues intact….maybe they own a piece I don’t know. But I think PGA Tour is looking at this as a zero sum game when that isn’t really the case. And I think that’s wrong. There’s more than one way to play golf and there’s plenty of golfers out there to fill the events.

Juicy new rumors that Hovland, HVIII, and “an avalanche” of other current PGA guys will be joining LIV after the US Open.

Juicy new rumors that Hovland, HVIII, and “an avalanche” of other current PGA guys will be joining LIV after the US Open.
Fwiw, Euro (DP Tour) isn't suspending anyone as of now.

I'd be highly disappointed with Hovland. With that being said, he might have Euro as backup.

Fwiw, Euro (DP Tour) isn't suspending anyone as of now.

I'd be highly disappointed with Hovland. With that being said, he might have Euro as backup.

Hovland one of my 3 favorite guys, can’t wait to see if he joins. Will be polarizing just like the rest of it.

Tiger, Hovland, and Morikawa fwiw

Anyone else have a fav 3 list?
Phil always been my guy. This whole situation didn't really move the needle. His presser on Monday though did.

Was a big Rory guy back when he was 18-22 or so. I root for him but not as much as before.

Love Vik...

I’m very surprised they’ll be giving points for these events. I wonder how the fringe players are feeling about all of these possible defections. I’d be pretty nervous if I’m James Piot…
I'm shocked.

And yes, a guy like that could be left in the dust...

I’m very surprised they’ll be giving points for these events. I wonder how the fringe players are feeling about all of these possible defections. I’d be pretty nervous if I’m James Piot…
My guess is LIV will either add a few more teams to their league setup or they'll expand the team rosters. I don't see them turning away players for awhile at least.

LIV Schedule and corresponding PGA Tour event for that week:

June 9-10: Centurion Club, Hertfordshire, England
RBC Canadian Open

June 30-July 2: Pumpkin Ridge Golf Club, Portland, Oregon
John Deere Classic, Illinois (Lucas Glover defending champ)

July 29-31: Trump National Golf Club Bedminster, Bedminster, New Jersey
Rocket Mortgage Classic, Detroit (Cam Davis)

Sept. 2-4: The International (Oaks course), Boston
No Event

Sept. 16-18: Rich Harvest Farms, Sugar Grove, Illinois
Fortinet Championship, Napa (Max Homa)

Oct. 7-9: Stonehill, Bangkok, Thailand
Shriners Children's Open, Las Vegas (Sungjae Im)

Oct. 14-16: Royal Greens Golf and Country Club, King Abdullah Economic City, Saudi Arabia
CJ Cup, South Korea (Rory McIlroy (in Vegas))

Oct. 27-30: Team Championship, Trump National Doral, Miami
WGC HSBC Champions, China (last played in 2019)

LIV Schedule and corresponding PGA Tour event for that week:

June 9-10: Centurion Club, Hertfordshire, England
RBC Canadian Open

June 30-July 2: Pumpkin Ridge Golf Club, Portland, Oregon
John Deere Classic, Illinois (Lucas Glover defending champ)

July 29-31: Trump National Golf Club Bedminster, Bedminster, New Jersey
Rocket Mortgage Classic, Detroit (Cam Davis)

Sept. 2-4: The International (Oaks course), Boston
No Event

Sept. 16-18: Rich Harvest Farms, Sugar Grove, Illinois
Fortinet Championship, Napa (Max Homa)

Oct. 7-9: Stonehill, Bangkok, Thailand
Shriners Children's Open, Las Vegas (Sungjae Im)

Oct. 14-16: Royal Greens Golf and Country Club, King Abdullah Economic City, Saudi Arabia
CJ Cup, South Korea (Rory McIlroy (in Vegas))

Oct. 27-30: Team Championship, Trump National Doral, Miami
WGC HSBC Champions, China (last played in 2019)
Of their next 5 events, its entirely possible that LIV has the stronger field on all five weekends. The Saudi/Korea battle will be interesting. And then there's team championship at Doral vx. a WGC event in China in the wee small hours, where the moral high ground gets obliterated.

My guess is LIV will either add a few more teams to their league setup or they'll expand the team rosters. I don't see them turning away players for awhile at least.
With every player guaranteed a check, it’ll be interesting to see if they do expand. Rumor has it B.A.R. may be joining with a 4 million signing bonus…

Of their next 5 events, its entirely possible that LIV has the stronger field on all five weekends. The Saudi/Korea battle will be interesting. And then there's team championship at Doral vx. a WGC event in China in the wee small hours, where the moral high ground gets obliterated.
I hadn't even thought of the strategic scheduling of these events.

Very smart.

The LIV roster is embarassing themselves. Going to shoot a combined 40 over and all miss the cut. Maybe their best player is the most unlikable one in fatty Reed. You can't make up how bad their signings have been.

The LIV roster is embarassing themselves. Going to shoot a combined 40 over and all miss the cut. Maybe their best player is the most unlikable one in fatty Reed. You can't make up how bad their signings have been.
All miss the cut? There's already a few guys from this morning group that will make the weekend.

+3 should get to the weekend for sure, only 5 spots away from T60. +4 gonna be tough, T80 right now. Finau just bogeyed the par 5 to put him outside, Sergio, Conners, and Mito all in trouble. +5/+6 guys include Gooch, Lowry, Na, Fleetwood, Hovland, Oostie, Henley, Grace. LIV guys aren't worse than anyone else, except for Phil, who isn't ready after sitting out four months.

Still not paying attention to this exhibition stuff but Phil is right, the US Open is a USGA event, not a PGA event that gives it points

It's an Open, not an Invitational and even these asshats taking money to go out and play on a tour that's no better than the Harlem Globetrotters deserve the chance to earn their way in.

The pro at our club said the word from Callaway is that Sam Burns will be joining LIV. Have also heard the Morikawa, Xander, and Hovland rumors. PGA Tour is going to lose this battle if they try to go all or nothing. They can save the Tour if they allow players to play in LIV events, but can save a little face if they have some requirements on their tour, like you must play in 10 tour events (non-majors or WGC/Playoff) events to maintain status. They need to do it soon, because if they wait a couple years and LIV starts playing their full schedule, they may not let their guys play PGA events moving forward.

It sucks for golf, and I see it kind of like how the NCAA slow played the NIL deal hoping it would go away. The PGA Tour had time to nip this in the bud, but they waited too long and thought that loyalty would trump 9 figure paydays. I understand that they are hamstrung by their tax-exempt status, but I'm certain something could have been done over the last few years, other than the PIP stuff, that could've kept LIV from getting off the ground

The pro at our club said the word from Callaway is that Sam Burns will be joining LIV. Have also heard the Morikawa, Xander, and Hovland rumors. PGA Tour is going to lose this battle if they try to go all or nothing. They can save the Tour if they allow players to play in LIV events, but can save a little face if they have some requirements on their tour, like you must play in 10 tour events (non-majors or WGC/Playoff) events to maintain status. They need to do it soon, because if they wait a couple years and LIV starts playing their full schedule, they may not let their guys play PGA events moving forward.

It sucks for golf, and I see it kind of like how the NCAA slow played the NIL deal hoping it would go away. The PGA Tour had time to nip this in the bud, but they waited too long and thought that loyalty would trump 9 figure paydays. I understand that they are hamstrung by their tax-exempt status, but I'm certain something could have been done over the last few years, other than the PIP stuff, that could've kept LIV from getting off the ground
Tiger set the way a couple decades ago with going to Dubai. First time I'd ever heard of someone receiving an appearance fee. And that's what makes it less about competition and more like a pro-am to me.

PGA could limit it to 5 appearances and they could also implement and appearance fee max...you exceed that, you're gone. Probably help out that venture too.

These guys abandoning the very structure that allowed them to be successful, it would be simple to say they just got greedy. But they are turncoats. I can live with greed, a back stabbin' is a whole different animal.

All that said, if PGA board members, etc are making a bunch more off your name than you are, I start to listen.

This isn't a team sport, I think of golfers/caddies as independent contractors and pretty sure they're winnings are 1099'd. At that point if you aren't receiving your fair worth from your name (given that the PGA tour made your name what it is) it should be a discussion.

Time for Monahan to get to the negotiation table and try to work out an amicable solution. Protect your 20 best tournaments, allow for cross entries, and sue for peace.

Besides the majors, LIV schedule should work around these events in all years:

1-2 Hawaii back to back
3 Torrey Pines
4 Pebble
5 Riviera
6 Bay Hill
7 Sawgrass
8 WGC Match Play
9 Harbour Town
10 Avenel MD
11 Quail Hollow
12 Byron Nelson
13 Colonial
14 Memorial
15 Canadian Open
16-18 3 weeks of FedEx playoffs
19 CJ Cup
20 Zozo Championship

where do the sponsors stand on this?
If the Liv isn't on the tube the public is missing the golfing billboards.

where do the sponsors stand on this?
If the Liv isn't on the tube the public is missing the golfing billboards.
Some have dropped

UPS dropped Louis and Lee awhile ago.

RCB dropped DJ right away.

Phil lost his sponsors well before due to the comments.

Woods
Rory
JT
Scottie
Rahm

If they can snag one of them tag me in this thread. No one I know even knows how to watch this. My FIL says it's not on TV.

They're poaching the worst of that list.

This roster is awful.

Beefcake, maybe if healthy, is a fringe top 10 in the world guy. The rest can't compete any longer.

Embarrassing group of players

You seem really angry about this whole thing which is strange for 2 reasons...first it doesn't affect you at all, second you keep saying how little you care about it. Weird flexes but okay.

Back