LIV Tour

Not sure how I feel about losing 1/5 my screen to the scoreboard. The NASCAR scoreboard is interesting I guess, but the way they have the names is confusing. P.MIK? Also, seems like there’s at least some excess space on the left that they could get rid of.

Not sure how I feel about losing 1/5 my screen to the scoreboard. The NASCAR scoreboard is interesting I guess, but the way they have the names is confusing. P.MIK? Also, seems like there’s at least some excess space on the left that they could get rid of.
The names are driving me nuts.

The issue is, most people watching know maybe 10-12 of these guys. You need to help the viewer become familiar with your golfers.

Wade Ormsby shows as

W.ORM on the scoreboard lmao

This is the way to do it. You would think this would scare off the next tier of guys who are watching this from the outside.

This doesn’t seem like the best way to go about it, but I understand the knee jerk reaction.

My question is for the guys who have resigned and aren’t officially members anymore…how can they be suspended? I mean I understand they can essentially do what they want, but I’m thinking more of the guys who have never played on the PGA Tour yet (so thinking in the future, not just the guys already on the LIV Tour).

Someone who’s never been a PGA Tour member is potentially banned from the PGA tour for life if he starts his career on the LIV Tour? That seems like it will be an even bigger cluster fuck than all of this up to this point and doesn’t seem to be something the PGA should be able to do. Will be interesting to watch it all play out.

This doesn’t seem like the best way to go about it, but I understand the knee jerk reaction.

My question is for the guys who have resigned and aren’t officially members anymore…how can they be suspended? I mean I understand they can essentially do what they want, but I’m thinking more of the guys who have never played on the PGA Tour yet (so thinking in the future, not just the guys already on the LIV Tour).

Someone who’s never been a PGA Tour member is potentially banned from the PGA tour for life if he starts his career on the LIV Tour? That seems like it will be an even bigger cluster fuck than all of this up to this point and doesn’t seem to be something the PGA should be able to do. Will be interesting to watch it all play out.
Shows you how scared the PGA is right now. I think they’d be much better off just waiting to see if it fails, which it definitely could. Plus it’s only 8 events and what 14 next year? Their tournaments aren’t gonna suffer that much. Also, if it doesn’t fail and more guys go, you’re limiting your pool of top players even more and FOREVER. Seems like a bad move.

Also… where’s the different camera angles and players mic’d up, different presentation? Looks the same to me minus the scoreboard.

Still waiting for my invite. Saw last place pays $120,000 and there were some high 70s and an 82 today. I haven’t been over 80 all year and $120,000 x 8 would work out fine for me and I don’t even need the signing bonu$$$

Still waiting for my invite. Saw last place pays $120,000 and there were some high 70s and an 82 today. I haven’t been over 80 all year and $120,000 x 8 would work out fine for me and I don’t even need the signing bonu$$$
Hey I shot 36 on the back nine on Monday with a 150 yard hole out on a Par 4 for eagle. I think that kind of play would help juice this tour. (just don't show my 45 on the front).

Will DJ get dropped by TM? Rickie and Bryson by Cobra?
I'm guessing equipment makers try to stay neutral as long as possible. It's one thing for a PGA Tour tournament sponsor to have to cut ties with players no longer supporting their events, but as long as the pros are still using their equipment I think they'd keep them around.

I'm guessing equipment makers try to stay neutral as long as possible. It's one thing for a PGA Tour tournament sponsor to have to cut ties with players no longer supporting their events, but as long as the pros are still using their equipment I think they'd keep them around.

Exactly what I was thinking. What do the equipment guys care where these guys are using their equipment?

Wow, 10 million for Pat Perez. Per pound that's probably not a bad deal......

Have to say I don't hate having this tour on the screen while they're in Europe. To me its not all that different than watching the European tour.

Now when they move to US tracks that will be interesting. On the east coast events will they go head to head with the PGA Tour in the afternoon or will they shotgun in the morning and try to pull viewers in the Tour's soft spot, ceding them the late afternoon?

And on the west coast events do they play in the afternoon and try to get evening watchers?

Not reading one post in this thread, it disgusts me

Interview right now with Nantz and Monahan for me is inspiring. He gives a shit. And he makes a million sense. This is going to be rewatched. Him calling LIV exhibition matches is quite frankly what I needed to hear, likely what most people who try to get into the sport need to hear.

I don't mean to discount opinions in here, but mine is rock solid and I simply don't need anything outside of where I stand. It's not a debate, it's a grab. And sadly, it's not shocking.

Not reading one post in this thread, it disgusts me

Interview right now with Nantz and Monahan for me is inspiring. He gives a shit. And he makes a million sense. This is going to be rewatched. Him calling LIV exhibition matches is quite frankly what I needed to hear, likely what most people who try to get into the sport need to hear.

I don't mean to discount opinions in here, but mine is rock solid and I simply don't need anything outside of where I stand. It's not a debate, it's a grab. And sadly, it's not shocking.
Ooookie dokie.

Wow, 10 million for Pat Perez. Per pound that's probably not a bad deal......

Have to say I don't hate having this tour on the screen while they're in Europe. To me its not all that different than watching the European tour.

Now when they move to US tracks that will be interesting. On the east coast events will they go head to head with the PGA Tour in the afternoon or will they shotgun in the morning and try to pull viewers in the Tour's soft spot, ceding them the late afternoon?

And on the west coast events do they play in the afternoon and try to get evening watchers?
100% they should play early on the east coast and late on the west. Does this whole thing remind anyone else of late 90s pro wrestling Monday Night Wars?

Back