• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

LIV Tour

Seems like a decent plan if you're LIV. Seemingly unlimited money, pay to get exposure initally and see where it takes you.
Kinds funny how bad sharks bluff looked though

It is their only chance though, but I dono who they end up getting as sponsors, article says fox doesnt even waht control of that which networks usually do, which means it is essentially an infomercial in that they are buying the whole block of time

I saw people suggesting to just stay on youtube, which for other things I think would be fine, but golf's audience skews older, so a lot of people wouldnt know how to get it on the main tv

This is best of bad options

Kinds funny how bad sharks bluff looked though

It is their only chance though, but I dono who they end up getting as sponsors, article says fox doesnt even waht control of that which networks usually do, which means it is essentially an infomercial in that they are buying the whole block of time

I saw people suggesting to just stay on youtube, which for other things I think would be fine, but golf's audience skews older, so a lot of people wouldnt know how to get it on the main tv

This is best of bad options
You could tell he was bluffing about the TV deals....

Hey, as Larry said, with an unlimited budget you have to start SOMEWHERE...

Fox has always been that network to toe the line, try new things (Married with Children and other shows -- the move of the NFC to Fox) and even they want no part. Not good...

But, this is them shooting their shot. They best do it well and get something signed as soon as posssible...

At the end of the day, what if LIV truly doesn't care about being on a major network? What if they're okay with just spending stupid amounts of money and having their little golf league be what it is? Everyone keeps looking at this through the lens of what a "normal" league would do, a league we're used to would do...what if they truly, literally do not give a fuck and just want to do what they want to do?

I know it's tough to imagine, as it's not anything like we've seen, but what if that's all it is? They keep poaching big names from the PGA (and many not so big names of course), paying them handsomely, and go about their business with a couple dozen tourneys a year around the world? It's like the XFL with an unlimited budget and not a care in the world about "fitting in." If that's the case, then they are right where they want to be and looking good for the future.

I almost kind of admire the shenanigans of this maneuver. Will be interesting to see if they actually get the points they assume they are getting.

Maybe not so much the loophole they were hoping.....

The organization said it received a communication from the MENA Tour at 1205 GMT on 5 October, detailing “significant changes” to its membership structure along with an outline of the initial series of tournaments in the 2022/23 season.
“OWGR notes that the first two tournaments in this series appeared to be the same as the LIV Golf Invitational Series tournaments in Bangkok and Jeddah,” it said in a statement.

“The communication from the MENA Tour included a starting field data file for the Bangkok tournament, confirming that to be the case.

“A review of the changes to the MENA Tour is now underway by the OWGR.

“Notice of these changes given by the MENA Tour is insufficient to allow OWGR to conduct the customary necessary review ahead of the LIV Golf Invitational Bangkok (October 7-9) and LIV Golf Invitational Jeddah (October 14-16).

“Only after the review is complete will a decision be made on awarding points to the MENA Tour’s new ‘Limited Field Tournaments’.”

Last edited:
DJ laughing all the way to the bank.

The 6-12 guys that have been cut from this tour already, not so much.

I am excited for the informer tho!

Re: Jedis earlier post...

They want a major network to carry them. That's really not a debate. They've got left paying for it, for now.

This was a strategy that Norman knew would fail. This could possibly used in court down the line.

They'll try anything right now.

Hey at least that little dead tour they acquired as a gimmick might be able to pay its debt owed to players now?

And with LIV's support entry fees have been dropped to $50....nice plus for those new MENA tour members

I see Rory won the CJ Cup this week to move to #1 overall. CJ Cup is a limited field no-cut tournament, the 2nd consecutive put on by the PGA Tour, and the 4th in their last 7 events. And these tournaments all qualify for OWGR points. How about that.

Rory's last win before this was in the 30-man Tour Championship, another no cut event, with a handicap also included.

He really should denounce these bogus no cut events that are artificially boosting his ranking.

At least Jon Rahm had the decency to remember he believes no cut events are a joke and faded to 5th place. Wouldn't want to be photographed raising a trophy in a glorified exhibition.....

I see Rory won the CJ Cup this week to move to #1 overall. CJ Cup is a limited field no-cut tournament, the 2nd consecutive put on by the PGA Tour, and the 4th in their last 7 events. And these tournaments all qualify for OWGR points. How about that.

Rory's last win before this was in the 30-man Tour Championship, another no cut event, with a handicap also included.

He really should denounce these bogus no cut events that are artificially boosting his ranking.

At least Jon Rahm had the decency to remember he believes no cut events are a joke and faded to 5th place. Wouldn't want to be photographed raising a trophy in a glorified exhibition.....
LIV still a joke Gandy

Handful of very good golfers.

Bunch of trash underneath.

Early participants have already been brushed aside.

Low attendance (none in Jeddah), no one wants to broadcast this at all.

I'm not against this, but it wasn't too well thought out before implementation.

I think it's actually doing pretty well considering how the PGA Tour has been impacted. It's still just in its first season, and an abbreviated one.

If you type CJ Cup attendance in Google, the expectation was 5000 fans per day. That's a dismal number for Rory, Rahm, Spieth and company to perform in front of. Sure, the PGA Tour got their longtime friends at NBC (golf channel) to cover it, but not on the main network, which found NASCAR to be more appealing. But this is what they've dropped to with only a "joke" as a competitor for less than a year.

Rory still targeting Norman but underneath you can see thawing off the ice.

Also a very subtle note there about the governor of the Saudi sovereign wealth fund being the chairman of Newcastle United, who are third in the stalwart English Premier League and just bumped off Chelsea last weekend in front of a packed house and on NBC in the US, and in that coverage not a single word about sportwashing.

Jon Rahm not afraid to call out the rankings system for favoring garbage level PGA events over tournaments on other tours with better fields. Also says LIV events should get rankings points. Players are starting to make sensible comments about all this, will the tour officials listen?

Jon Rahm not afraid to call out the rankings system for favoring garbage level PGA events over tournaments on other tours with better fields. Also says LIV events should get rankings points. Players are starting to make sensible comments about all this, will the tour officials listen?

I think they eventually do but Norman stepping aside probably ends up the price for it, rory's blood feud with him wont die

Still have an issue with 54 hole events compared to 72, they should be weighed less

Rory still targeting Norman but underneath you can see thawing off the ice.

Also a very subtle note there about the governor of the Saudi sovereign wealth fund being the chairman of Newcastle United, who are third in the stalwart English Premier League and just bumped off Chelsea last weekend in front of a packed house and on NBC in the US, and in that coverage not a single word about sportwashing.
It's a massive story in europe though, they have covered it extensively, theres protests at almost every home game for the Newcastle

On a similar vein, jaylen brown calling out joe tsai for his ties to china and acting as though hes up on mount Pius talking about kyrie, has gotten zero coverage from the media

I think this is the correct decision. For all non-past champions and recent major winners, this will likely work itself out by next year. Maybe they change the top 12 exemption?

Despite what you may think about the LIV tour, OWGR does need to recognize it and reward it with rankings. You will never convince me that DJ is not one of the 40 best players in the world right now. If they can give full points for the Hero Challenge and those events in the fall with maybe 3 or 4 relevant golfers, they can figure out a way to give points to LIV events

I think this is the correct decision. For all non-past champions and recent major winners, this will likely work itself out by next year. Maybe they change the top 12 exemption?

Despite what you may think about the LIV tour, OWGR does need to recognize it and reward it with rankings. You will never convince me that DJ is not one of the 40 best players in the world right now. If they can give full points for the Hero Challenge and those events in the fall with maybe 3 or 4 relevant golfers, they can figure out a way to give points to LIV events
Definitely give them points. But... It shouldn't be anything significant... 48 players of which half suck ass deserves just a tad more than the Hero gives out ...

Definitely give them points. But... It shouldn't be anything significant... 48 players of which half suck ass deserves just a tad more than the Hero gives out ...
And only 54 holes, no cut. Should never be comparable to most PGA tour events

This better not interfere with reruns of Charmed or Gossip Girl
Not sure which Charmed cast was better, the trio with crazy Shannon Daugherty or the trio with crazy Rose McGowan. Although the Kaley Cuoco season really upped the ante.

Rory and captain America gonna come to blow over a tee flick?

Rory's getting dragged a bit with the presser but IMO....

He got a subpoena on freaking Christmas Eve from Reed's people.

Go f*** yourself fatty.

The tee toss is hilarious. Obviously way blown out of proportion. I like it's one of the team names tees lmao.

Rory's getting dragged a bit with the presser but IMO....

He got a subpoena on freaking Christmas Eve from Reed's people.

Go f*** yourself fatty.

The tee toss is hilarious. Obviously way blown out of proportion. I like it's one of the team names tees lmao.
Yep i have zero issue because of the subpoena, this isn't rory of last year just being militant of liv, subpoena on Christmas eve I'd tell anyone involved to fuck off

Thomas Pieters -- who was pitching a fit about not being in the Genesis field.

Danny Lee -- Who played so poorly Thursday he was hitting off mats at a range down the road from Riv trying to find it.

Brendan Steele -- the surprise here with his comments less than two months ago. He must have approached them.

Overall, I guess Mito is their big off-season addition (on potential).

Pieters is 34th in world, so not bad there.

Nothing groundbreaking though with any of these.

Danny Lee -- Who played so poorly Thursday he was hitting off mats at a range down the road from Riv trying to find it.

Brendan Steele -- the surprise here with his comments less than two months ago. He must have approached them.

Wonder how many guys who joined want out

Brooks 100%

Wonder how many guys who joined want out

Brooks 100%
Definitely a few of the lower tiered guys who will not be on one of these 12 teams announced this week. I guess they can play Asian tour still and maybe DP?

Yeah, Brooks for sure.

I think eventually Bryson will have remorse. Guy too competitive.

Definitely a few of the lower tiered guys who will not be on one of these 12 teams announced this week. I guess they can play Asian tour still and maybe DP?

Yeah, Brooks for sure.

I think eventually Bryson will have remorse. Guy too competitive.

This hasn’t worked out well at all for them and the organization. No one knows where to watch this stuff. The roster looks like a group of guys you’d see signing autographs for $40 at a card show at the mall. PGA held firm and strong and ultimately came out stronger.

I’m also a +25 handicap and never watched golf regularly until the plandemic…. So I’m far from a PGA guy but man wtf is this?

Yeah, who? Mito joining his BF Niemmann into obscurity.

Lol pretty heady stuff in here from some guys that just spent their Sunday night watching the NBA layup drill.

Like a food critic celebrating their latest article panning a new restaurant by going to McDonalds.

I have always loved Pieters’ swing. Hate that he’ll be harder to watch now.

The NLU guys mentioned it recently, but for all the fun people make of LIV, the PGA tour misses some of these guys in a bad way. The tour right now is less interesting than if some of those LIV guys were playing too. I don’t know if there will ever be a path for players to play both tours or if LIV guys will eventually be shut out of majors, but spectator golf is worse off with the current setup

I have always loved Pieters’ swing. Hate that he’ll be harder to watch now.

The NLU guys mentioned it recently, but for all the fun people make of LIV, the PGA tour misses some of these guys in a bad way. The tour right now is less interesting than if some of those LIV guys were playing too. I don’t know if there will ever be a path for players to play both tours or if LIV guys will eventually be shut out of majors, but spectator golf is worse off with the current setup
Who is being missed?

DJ, sure.

Niemann a bit for us hard core fans.

That's about it.

The last two weeks of the PGA and 3 of last 4 have been as good as it gets.

Sorry, but I totally disagree with this premise.

Reactions: KJ
Back