Jets fan meltdown and QB discussion thread

Everyone that thinks Fields is garbage has their minds made up. There's no convincing.

Garbage, sucks, a non starter, a Mitch clone... All terms used for a consensus top 3 pick. Will definitely be an interesting thread in the coming years.

god knows I’ve had my share of misses (although I think I’ve been pretty spot on a bunch too), I think anyone comparing him to trubisky is way off on the subject. Maybe he never becomes better than Mitch but as a prospect they nothing similar. I honestly don’t know what fields will be at the next level but there nothing about his trajectory that is similar to trubisky at all.

Trubisky started one season since his 1st 2 seasons he couldn’t beat out some kid who never sniffed the nfl! Heels won 11 games the year Williams (think that who starter was) beat Trubisky out for the job! Then they only won 8 games his jr year when he finally started! Maybe someone can remind me what big games Mitch played in and preformed well cause I sure don’t remember them!! Fields yards per attempt and rating were higher both years than trubisky 1 season. Fields played in a playoff game and while he threw those 2 picks he also threw for 320 vs Clemson and showed pretty well. Let’s see how he does this go around!

When applicable I tend to form my opinions about these kids in big games for which Mitch never played in any! The reason I would have taken watson number 1 was cause of how he played in those 2 championship games vs bama! It baffled me anyone would take trubisky over a kid who had proven it on the biggest stage vs a defense loaded with nfl players, twice!!! You can tell a lot more about a football player on the field than you can at the scouting combine in gym shorts! I thought the trubisky pick was asinine then and it has obviously proven to be just that. I don’t have that same feeling at all about fields. I’ll tell ya just how much I think of him after he plays Clemson next week!! Another thing is we have got to see fields improve and grow while Mitch was one those one year wonders (that wasn’t that damn wonderful imo).

god knows I’ve had my share of misses (although I think I’ve been pretty spot on a bunch too), I think anyone comparing him to trubisky is way off on the subject. Maybe he never becomes better than Mitch but as a prospect they nothing similar. I honestly don’t know what fields will be at the next level but there nothing about his trajectory that is similar to trubisky at all.

Trubisky started one season since his 1st 2 seasons he couldn’t beat out some kid who never sniffed the nfl! Heels won 11 games the year Williams (think that who starter was) beat Trubisky out for the job! Then they only won 8 games his jr year when he finally started! Maybe someone can remind me what big games Mitch played in and preformed well cause I sure don’t remember them!! Fields yards per attempt and rating were higher both years than trubisky 1 season. Fields played in a playoff game and while he threw those 2 picks he also threw for 320 vs Clemson and showed pretty well. Let’s see how he does this go around!

When applicable I tend to form my opinions about these kids in big games for which Mitch never played in any! The reason I would have taken watson number 1 was cause of how he played in those 2 championship games vs bama! It baffled me anyone would take trubisky over a kid who had proven it on the biggest stage vs a defense loaded with nfl players, twice!!! You can tell a lot more about a football player on the field than you can at the scouting combine in gym shorts! I thought the trubisky pick was asinine then and it has obviously proven to be just that. I don’t have that same feeling at all about fields. I’ll tell ya just how much I think of him after he plays Clemson next week!! Another thing is we have got to see fields improve and grow while Mitch was one those one year wonders (that wasn’t that damn wonderful imo).

This is a great observation and sane writeup. Good shit.

Would you be satisfied if Andy Dalton was your teams QB. I realize you are a Chiefs fan and have Mahomes but putting that aside would you be happy with Dalton as the QB or would you want and expect an upgrade. Personally I want my team to have an unquestioned top 10 QB in the league and I would always be looking to upgrade the position if the QB is not up to those standards.

For a long time I would have taken young Andy Dalton until the right QB was there. I mean Alex Smith isn't exactly Joe Montana and he served his purpose. I think the goal is to "find a Mahomes" but until then you could do worse than some of the options that may become available (Wentz, Stafford, etc). Id never say settle on an Andy Dalton, I just think Darnold can serve the purpose of winning ballgames until "the guy" arrives and thats pretty much what this is all about.

It certainly fair to knock fields for his performance last week but if you do that I think it only fair to mention how fantastic he was in last years big10 championship game vs wiscy, isn’t it? He went for 299 and 3 tds in that game.

just the fact he plays in and wins big games is important to me and something I think gets overlooked much more than it should. Do any of us think or thought Hurts really had the skill set to be a nfl qb? The one thing he had going was the fact he played in many big games in college which shows thru as the nfl moments not to big for him! Same with Herbert, he obviously has a more prototype skill set but being ready when called on out of nowhere I strongly believe stems from the fact he played in big games at the highest level of college!

Obviously that alone isn’t enough as we have seen many small school or non traditional power kids thrive and we have seen many a big time ncaa qb who played and won many big college games that simply didn’t have the requisite talent to make it in the nfl. I just think it a big help and part the reason some these kids able to be thrown in and have success!

For a long time I would have taken young Andy Dalton until the right QB was there. I mean Alex Smith isn't exactly Joe Montana and he served his purpose. I think the goal is to "find a Mahomes" but until then you could do worse than some of the options that may become available (Wentz, Stafford, etc). Id never say settle on an Andy Dalton, I just think Darnold can serve the purpose of winning ballgames until "the guy" arrives and thats pretty much what this is all about.

absolutely. Goes back to having the right coach and gm in place being of far more importance. There a whole bunch of kids out there playing qb that can win games in this league with the right organization around him!!

Jimmy G is a guy who was fcs. It's all about the right set up and how the organization sets you up for success. See, with the lions, they are cursed. Doesn't matter who the qb is. That's just the bitter fan in me talking.

I would venture to say whoever goes to Carolina will be set up for a long time. I'm convinced Brady and Ruhle will be winners in a few short years.

Jimmy G is a guy who was fcs. It's all about the right set up and how the organization sets you up for success. See, with the lions, they are cursed. Doesn't matter who the qb is. That's just the bitter fan in me talking.

there very few guys ever that are bullet proof when it comes to the franchise around them! I think that why our guy is so out of sorts over this, he feels like Lawrence is one of those guys and should be able to overcome the disfunction that is the jets!

I’m in the camp that I rather my team get the front office and coaching staff figured out than count on a 20 year old kid masking it all!! As me and Cap have discussed if you get the front office and coach right the rest will eventually fall into place! Ask Indy fans if they happier now or when they had Luck surrounded by disfunction that ultimately wasted his career!! To me it a no brainer.

sure at some point Shanny gonna grow tired of Jimmy g limitations but they still had success most fan bases would be thrilled with and I think it a safe bet niners eventually land a champion and win a few rings under this regime!

Lions aren’t any more cursed than the Jets. You just have idiotic owners and have made nothing but bad hires at GM and coach. All I hear is the Jets are cursed when in reality it’s all about having the right owner who makes the right hires.

Lions aren’t any more cursed than the Jets. You just have idiotic owners and have made nothing but bad hires at GM and coach. All I hear is the Jets are cursed when in reality it’s all about having the right owner who makes the right hires.

You half right, it about ownership for which lions more cursed. They never had a Joe Namath, you know him doing those panty hose commercials what made you a jets fan!!

I would venture to say whoever goes to Carolina will be set up for a long time. I'm convinced Brady and Ruhle will be winners in a few short years.

I agree. I actually think they might win the south with teddy b once or twice. I can’t imagine they in a huge hurry to change at qb. They need other pieces. Maybe johnnies guy Trey lance goes there and learns under teddy b for a year, ala mahomes under smith! Teddy b takes them to playoffs then gracefully bows out to lance who learns a ton about being a pro and when he takes over the rest panthers kids are peaking!

You half right, it about ownership for which lions more cursed. They never had a Joe Namath, you know him doing those panty hose commercials what made you a jets fan!!
I wasn’t alive for the only good moment in Jets history but I have seen the darkest time which is now.

I wasn’t alive for the only good moment in Jets history but I have seen the darkest time which is now.

I wasn’t alive either (I don’t think),, I do seem to remember the pantyhose commercials tho!’ I think those came way after his playing days didn’t they?

I’d be pumped to be a jets fan this week! Enjoy it before the browns kick that ass!! Lol.

I’m telling ya. The bears could fall flat on their faces this week!! That gonna be a one score game!

bro this a week you should be celebrating! Be proud of your squad! Nobody wants to be the 0–16 lions!!
I very much wanted to be 0-16. Who cares if you win no games versus one or two. When winning a game ruins your situation for the next ten plus years I will happily take 0-16 so the team can finally draft a franchise QB.

I don’t want to insult anyone but some of these takes on these QBs are insane. Fields is about as close to Russell Wilson as Drew Lock is to Mahomes.

I very much wanted to be 0-16. Who cares if you win no games versus one or two. When winning a game ruins your situation for the next ten plus years I will happily take 0-16 so the team can finally draft a franchise QB.

gotta enjoy the little things bud!! Luck didn’t turn colts into 10+ year champs!! If you really believe Lawrence was gonna turn jets around then they gonna turn around without him. I’m running out of ways to tell ya that your gm and next coach are gonna decide the fate of this team. Ya never know, Lawrence might have hated New York and been a terrible fit!!

I don’t want to insult anyone but some of these takes on these QBs are insane. Fields is about as close to Russell Wilson as Drew Lock is to Mahomes.

I don’t know what fields will be. I think I have less a opinion on him than I have any the top qb prospects coming out the last decade. Him and lance actually. I just have no clue. Im still fairly certain Darnold could be a champ. I would move the pick unless Lance is really what Johnny says! This pick in a draft with several highly thought of prospects should bring a haul of picks and maybe even a nfl player! Continue to build at both lines of scrimmage and get a coach who knows football! Next thing ya know you are the titans! Nothing wrong with that!!!!

you should be so much more optimistic. Last years draft was good right? Find the right coach and continue building. Nothing Lawrence going somewhere else should effect.
You rarely if ever get the chance to draft a sure thing at QB and Lawrence is just that. No coach will make up for that and I just know they are hiring another bum.

You rarely if ever get the chance to draft a sure thing at QB and Lawrence is just that. No coach will make up for that and I just know they are hiring another bum.

well the hiring of a bum would ruin anyone, Lawrence included. If the gm is what he supposed to be it stands to reason he hire a good coach doesn’t it? Even great talents don’t succeed when they go to a crappy coach and franchise so of course it matters. Obviously I’ll never convince you but Think you dwelling on the wrong things. Look at what the fish have accomplished, the bills, even the browns! Bringing in the right ppl is far more important than a 20 year old who may or may not be a franchise savior.

Maybe I read this on here, forgive me if that's the case. But since 1957, the head coach of the Lions never got another head coaching job again. So once they were finished in Detroit, that was it.

Id never say settle on an Andy Dalton, I just think Darnold can serve the purpose of winning ballgames until "the guy" arrives and thats pretty much what this is all about.
Darnold just kick “the guy “ out the door with the winning ballgame.......

Jets should look for a Brady, Double Discount or Big Ben QB in the later rounds........why not just draft all QB’s......the franchise is F up already........

Zach Wilson is unquestionably the second best QB in this draft.
I firmly believe it's Lance but still would rather have Darnold and talent than Lance and no talent...not like Darnold has David Carr syndrome where he was planted so much from day 1 that happy feet were inevitable.

Back