Jets fan meltdown and QB discussion thread

Different body build. Different backgrounds. Feilds is a Uga product he transferred. He was good his first year at GA. He runs a 4.5. Better attitude. I mean the list goes on
I thought he would look better at Ohio St and he has not in my opinion

The comparison is not off at all. Fields and Haskins both played at the same school and neither are starting caliber NFL QBs. This is not a matter of me jumping on Fields after the Northwestern debacle I have always believed he isn’t any good.
Don’t they have someone name Cardale Jones? Then the QB turn wide receiver?

Buckeyes QBs don’t seem to do too well in the NFL.....

Meaning Fields? He would look worse in Ohio St offense?!

really?
Look back 2 years. Everyone said he sucked (this is after sec championship game).

I said then he was a top 5 Heisman finalist the very next year.

Most laughed

Sure enough.

I know it seems like a pile on thread, I’m not doing that.

I actually wish I could pull it, I think I had a thread on Jalen Hurts and saying I think he could play pro ball better than most thought.
That one looks better today.

The Mahomes miss for me pretty much disqualifies my opinion anyway haha

I ragged on Jalen hurts bad when he was at bama but he had some kind of switch go off at OU

The other thing is this:

cant be said enough. What one deems as “good” in the NFL is a whole other debate.

Like for me, anyone that says Stanford isn’t “good” is crazy. Have to look at the whole team and what’s around.

Mark Sanchez to me, isn’t good. But he had a crazy defense and played in 2 AFC ship games( one for sure can’t recall)

Different body build. Different backgrounds. Feilds is a Uga product he transferred. He was good his first year at GA. He runs a 4.5. Better attitude. I mean the list goes on
Fields was ahead of head and shoulders i think too coming into jorja

His body is build way different than haskins like you say, and his improvement as a thrower puts him in a different stratosphere than haskins, plus hes a legit threat to run

Fields comparison for me is what lamar is now with better accuracy

Wow. Go out on a limb why don’t you?

will he be better than Burrow, Tua or Herbert

No, no, no
Totally depends on coaching tho

What if fields goes somewhere and he gets a beinemy or joe brady as his guy, no reason he couldn't have a better career

Even if hes not as pure or powerful a passer

Fields was ahead of head and shoulders i think too coming into jorja

His body is build way different than haskins like you say, and his improvement as a thrower puts him in a different stratosphere than haskins, plus hes a legit threat to run

Fields comparison for me is what lamar is now with better accuracy

They were 1A and 1B

Fields has had makeshift olines for half the year and still put up ridiculous numbers.

Didn’t Wentz go to the same school?

He did, but that's where the comparisons end :)

Although I have to say I am completely thrown by the play of Wentz post injury. He has played with injured players (wr/ol) for a long time. I still like him and want to understand his issue(s)

I really like this draft for QBs tho

Lance could be kyler with more talent as a pocket passer, but also the scrambling

Fields could be russ wilson imo eventually if he gets coached up and puts in the work, but for now he could be lamar with better accuracy

Lawrence is obviously a unicorn, like the sheriffs brains mixed with randall Cunninghams ability

Zach wilson is a poor man's pat mahomes, just in the style he plays

Trask even has a ton of arm talent, even if he moves like hes running in molasses

Mac jones in the right system could be a decent starter too

Or you wait till next year and take Howell or slovis

Latest mocks I'm seeing Zack Wilson go #2. Ridiculous imo.
Saw athletic one other day had that, fields lasted till 6

Zero chance

I know bengals will want that oregon LT, but if for some reason wilson goes too, someone's trading up with Bengals to take fields

Lance could be kyler with more talent as a pocket passer, but also the scrambling

Fields could be russ wilson imo eventually if he gets coached up and puts in the work, but for now he could be lamar with better accuracy

Lawrence is obviously a unicorn, like the sheriffs brains mixed with randall Cunninghams ability

Trask even has a ton of arm talent, even if he moves like hes running in molasses

See I don’t like Slovis. I take Howell way before

He did, but that's where the comparisons end :)

Although I have to say I am completely thrown by the play of Wentz post injury. He has played with injured players (wr/ol) for a long time. I still like him and want to understand his issue(s)
Wentz is gonna move on imo and come back strong

I have a feeling maybe chicago for him, could easily see him back as a top 10 qb next year

Zach Wilson may have the talent but I'm not sure his personality translates. He acts weird to me. He seems like a peacock. You can have him. I will take Lance, I like Trask too

I'm glad you feel that way. I like Pederson more than Nagy but a change will do him good
I think it's just any change will help

Like you say hes had no real talent, only reason hurts has done moderately ok is because he can run around, and not just get crushed by a pass rush

Add to that no real wide receiving threats in the last 2 years?

This guy was basically the mvp up until he tore his acl in the super bowl year

Chicago just sticks out cause I think they will be looking, they know he can play in weather, and need a proven qb. Could see the Pats interested and plenty others

Like you say hes had no real talent, only reason hurts has done moderately ok is because he can run around, and not just get crushed by a pass rush

Chicago just sticks out cause I think they will be looking, they know he can play in weather, and need a proven qb. Could see the Pats interested and plenty others
Cam?

Him on the Pats is something I hadnt thought of but like a great deal. That would be awesome

Djjjjjjj

Everyone that thinks Fields is garbage has their minds made up. There's no convincing.

Garbage, sucks, a non starter, a Mitch clone... All terms used for a consensus top 3 pick. Will definitely be an interesting thread in the coming years.

The list of QBs who go to five straight playoffs in their first five seasons is not an enormous one. But sure.
Would you be satisfied if Andy Dalton was your teams QB. I realize you are a Chiefs fan and have Mahomes but putting that aside would you be happy with Dalton as the QB or would you want and expect an upgrade. Personally I want my team to have an unquestioned top 10 QB in the league and I would always be looking to upgrade the position if the QB is not up to those standards.

If Fields is your QB in the NFL you are never winning anything.

Everyone that thinks Fields is garbage has their minds made up. There's no convincing.

Garbage, sucks, a non starter, a Mitch clone... All terms used for a consensus top 3 pick. Will definitely be an interesting thread in the coming years.
Why should I care if he is a consensus top 3 pick. I can probably name 20 consensus top QBs that were complete busts and Fields will be the latest. I just hope the Jets aren't dumb enough to pick him.

My mind can change on this if he plays to the level of what he's being touted to be. His decision making is erratic when I watch him play. He's got a good arm. He can scramble. He looks to have good composure after all the mistakes he makes.
Personally I prefer Zach Wilson

Back