Jets fan meltdown and QB discussion thread

@2daBank @HUNT Big Dick Mitch is in his 4th season as a starting QB including college, he has tons of talent and you are going to keep seeing him rise. He just pooped in Watson's mouth and showed why he was taken ahead of him.

Mitch will land in NE or SF in FA and blow up.

On topic though, you take a QB if you are the Jets. Even if you think Darnold is solid his rookie deal is about up and the team is too far from contending. Trade him for a 2nd or 3rd and wish him the best.

Fields has a ton of talent. This year has been up and down but it is a fucking insane pandemic COVID weirdness. Fields, Wilson, Lance, etc. let the combine and analysts have a take is my thought because wtf do we really know? Nada, nada, nada, we can't evaluate shit lol

@2daBank @HUNT Big Dick Mitch is in his 4th season as a starting QB including college, he has tons of talent and you are going to keep seeing him rise. He just pooped in Watson's mouth and showed why he was taken ahead of him.

Mitch will land in NE or SF in FA and blow up.

cmon now. If you put watson on bears he would have looked much better, he has nothing around him right now! Couple guys we couldn’t pick out of a lineup who were flipping burgers 3 months ago!! Lol.

had bears drafted watson I have no doubt they woulda been at least to a conf championship game during this time, hell might have been to a SB! Watson a top 5 qb in the league, or very close. Mitch is a great backup!

cmon now. If you put watson on bears he would have looked much better, he has nothing around him right now! Couple guys we couldn’t pick out of a lineup who were flipping burgers 3 months ago!! Lol.

had bears drafted watson I have no doubt they woulda been at least to a conf championship game during this time, hell might have been to a SB! Watson a top 5 qb in the league, or very close. Mitch is a great backup!
They would have been to a conference championship if Parkey didn't miss a FG by the way lol

AND!!!!! Watson has had a way better offense around him than Mitch ever has had in his career. Right now it is about even when you think about Fuller, Cooks, and a much better OL. Allen Robinson and Darnell Mooney!!! Mitch throwing to fucking Jimmy Graham out there with the worst OL in the league haha

They would have been to a conference championship if Parkey didn't miss a FG by the way lol

lol. Possible. They still woulda had to beat saints tho correct? Feel like that the year Eagles lost to saints on a terrible drop by Jeffrey then saints to rams?

their recent success has had a bunch to do with Nagy finally learning the run game is your friend!! Only took him what 4-5 years to figure this out? I was honestly shocked they continued giving Montgomery touches!

On topic though, you take a QB if you are the Jets. Even if you think Darnold is solid his rookie deal is about up and the team is too far from contending. Trade him for a 2nd or 3rd and wish him the best.
This. Rookie contract for QBs is the biggest advantage a franchise can have.

Who’s better ... Kirk Cousins or Lamar Jackson? I’m not totally sure, but I know who is more valuable relative to contact and cap space. Ravens even moved up to get Lamar in Round 1 to get 5th year tacked onto his rookie deal.

lol. Possible. They still woulda had to beat saints tho correct? Feel like that the year Eagles lost to saints on a terrible drop by Jeffrey then saints to rams?

their recent success has had a bunch to do with Nagy finally learning the run game is your friend!! Only took him what 4-5 years to figure this out? I was honestly shocked they continued giving Montgomery touches!
Kidding aside, I think Watson has been better than Mitch but he also has had a much better cast and to his credit has more experience because he was a bad ass in college. I actually think they are very similar QBs in terms of style, talent, etc. but Watson to date has had the better head on his shoulders which matters a ton.

Nagy adjusting the offense to move the pocket, run more, etc. has helped Mitch a ton and actually he has been on the radio the last few weeks saying "they are finally listening to me and doing what I've asked them to do with the offense". First time Mitch has spoken out that Nagy wouldn't change for years. The quote was along the lines of getting David more involved, moving the pocket, putting in Cole Kmet, etc.

I like Nagy but he was too fucking stubborn and then Pace ruined the team in the offseason making bad bad moves. I hated the Quinn signing and now he is the highest paid backup in the league for the next 5 years.

AND!!!!! Watson has had a way better offense around him than Mitch ever has had in his career. Right now it is about even when you think about Fuller, Cooks, and a much better OL. Allen Robinson and Darnell Mooney!!! Mitch throwing to fucking Jimmy Graham out there with the worst OL in the league haha

watson didn’t have any those guys last week! I agree overall but bears weapons not bad at all. I’ve always liked Robinson as a top 20 guy, Montgomery good when given the chance in the run game, Mooney and Miller serviceable. Watson been dealing with one of the worst coaches in football. I feel like this has to be fan talk? Deep down you know watson is much better than trubisky don’t you?

watson didn’t have any those guys last week! I agree overall but bears weapons not bad at all. I’ve always liked Robinson as a top 20 guy, Montgomery good when given the chance in the run game, Mooney and Miller serviceable. Watson been dealing with one of the worst coaches in football. I feel like this has to be fan talk? Deep down you know watson is much better than trubisky don’t you?
Yea haha, we were typing at the same time but I admitted it above. I just think Mitch is actually underrated a bit and Mahomes being the best ever really really fucked with his head and made the media and fans think he sucks. I do think Mitch has the ability to be the next Tannehill.

Kidding aside, I think Watson has been better than Mitch but he also has had a much better cast and to his credit has more experience because he was a bad ass in college. I actually think they are very similar QBs in terms of style, talent, etc. but Watson to date has had the better head on his shoulders which matters a ton.

Nagy adjusting the offense to move the pocket, run more, etc. has helped Mitch a ton and actually he has been on the radio the last few weeks saying "they are finally listening to me and doing what I've asked them to do with the offense". First time Mitch has spoken out that Nagy wouldn't change for years. The quote was along the lines of getting David more involved, moving the pocket, putting in Cole Kmet, etc.

I like Nagy but he was too fucking stubborn and then Pace ruined the team in the offseason making bad bad moves. I hated the Quinn signing and now he is the highest paid backup in the league for the next 5 years.

for years I gave Nagy a pass cause I thought it was Mitch fault. I’m done with that as it drove me nuts how they refused to establish any kind of run game this year! I think Nagy smart but he needs to be put in check as he tries to be too clever imo. He coulda used few more years as a coordinator under someone good! I don’t think trubisky hopeless, I just think a lot of Watson. He has had the better weapons for sure, Mitch has had the better defense, despite Nagy faults Mitch has had it much better coaching wise as Obrien was a total idiot who didn’t seem to understand pass protection at all!!

Yea haha, we were typing at the same time but I admitted it above. I just think Mitch is actually underrated a bit and Mahomes being the best ever really really fucked with his head and made the media and fans think he sucks. I do think Mitch has the ability to be the next Tannehill.

ill never fault him or Bears for mahomes, anyone who says they saw that coming a freaking liar!! Other than Andy Reid and his gm of course!! Lol. I think the tannehill comparison fair, Mitch didn’t really have time to grow and develop in college either, he wasn’t a wr but he did only start 13 games! He certainly has some athletic ability I’ll give ya that, Im still not sure about his accuracy when he forced to go down to his 2nd, 3rd, 4th read. That still needs some work. I mean how old is he? 26-27? There certainly time for him to become a solid qb.

for years I gave Nagy a pass cause I thought it was Mitch fault. I’m done with that as it drove me nuts how they refused to establish any kind of run game this year! I think Nagy smart but he needs to be put in check as he tries to be too clever imo. He coulda used few more years as a coordinator under someone good! I don’t think trubisky hopeless, I just think a lot of Watson. He has had the better weapons for sure, Mitch has had the better defense, despite Nagy faults Mitch has had it much better coaching wise as Obrien was a total idiot who didn’t seem to understand pass protection at all!!
Traded for Tunsil at least, meanwhile Bears trotting out Charles Leno Jr. lol

I like Watson, I just think Mitch got a raw-ish deal honestly in terms of the media and how people think he sucks. He doesn't suck. He just isnt as good as 2 QBs taken after him. You want to know who sucks? Nick Foles. You know why Nick Foles got to start? Nagy claimed he knows the offense SO well and THAT was the problem with Mitch.

Nah the problem is your offense doesnt work with this personnel and you refused to change. It worked very well in KC because oh yea, you have fucking Mahomes. It isn't like this offense was on fire with Alex Smith haha.

Even with mahomes Andy still runs the freaking ball some!! I mean before 2 weeks ago with a whole bunch of games with Foles bears had the highest percentage of pass plays in the league! That just asinine! I def agree he better than Foles who was a total fluke flash in the pan!

Hunt called this 'take' around the 10min mark of the 2Q last night.
He is right. He kind of reminds me of Rodgers. Now part of this is me trying to talk myself off the ledge but I can get behind the Jets drafting him at 2.

I am still infuriated at winning the game on Sunday and this is how I have to cope with that disaster. Now there is no way I can ever get behind drafting Fields but I can see Wilson being a star if developed correctly.

I want to believe in Darnold and definitely believe the organization fucked up his development completely. I just don’t know if they can take the chance on him with a new coach because it’s time for him to get paid.

Jags talking about sitting Minshew-Mania, and trotting out Glennon. @VirginiaCavs ... now that’s how you tank!
Jets had that opportunity with James Morgan but decided it was best to destroy the next decade and win a meaningless game. Any half way decent organization would have gone out of its way to complete the 0-16 season.

I don’t want to insult anyone but some of these takes on these QBs are insane. Fields is about as close to Russell Wilson as Drew Lock is to Mahomes.
If you're talking about me I said he could be, but insult away if need be

You dont like fields, pretty much everyone who evaluates qbs professionally has him as a top 5 pick

You're just being emotional man, saying it's worse being a jets fan than a lions fan is insane

You made back to back AFC title games

When did the lions last win a playoff game?

You dont like fields, pretty much everyone who evaluates qbs professionally has him as a top 5 pick

You're just being emotional man, saying it's worse being a jets fan than a lions fan is insane

you know how brew man gets. Poor guy flies off the handle when his team wins a game for Christ sakes! Remember mlb this year, he couldn’t type fast enough to say all the bad things he wanted to about the Brewers! lol. I thought I was a “bad fan”!!

I never said I would want to be a Lions fan either. I feel for that fan base but they didn’t just screw up the next ten years over a meaningless game in December.

I wouldn’t be so hot on zack Wilson, he does some things I don’t like. Kinda like baker he tends to think he more athletic than he really is which gets him into trouble!

We can debate qbs all day. But it's not possible to win a debate on the worst organization in the nfl, let alone in all of pro sports. It's the Detroit Lions, and it isn't even close.

Didn’t watch that game but the talent was on display last night. I’m still coping with being stuck at 2 but I think I would pick Wilson even if it’s out of desperation.

I get it. He looked great, do you think ucf defense is good?

I never said I would want to be a Lions fan either. I feel for that fan base but they didn’t just screw up the next ten years over a meaningless game in December.

man, you just gonna keep believing that no matter what huh? There really no reason for me to post anything else bout it but I think it nuts to assume he fixes everything. If they fix all the other problems they be good with another qb, if they don’t fix all the other problems they woulda just ruined Lawrence also.

I wouldn’t be so hot on zack Wilson, he does some things I don’t like. Kinda like baker he tends to think he more athletic than he really is which gets him into trouble!
The Jets have to decide if Darnold is their future QB or not. If they have decided that he isn’t and I think I lean that way they have to pick Wilson.

The Jets have to decide if Darnold is their future QB or not. If they have decided that he isn’t and I think I lean that way they have to pick Wilson.

I rather have Darnold than Wilson. If I’m jumping off Darnold I think i would have to take a long look at the Lance kid if he anything close to how Johnny raves about him!! I do not trust Wilson. I’d wanna see how fields plays next week even tho I know you can’t stand that idea. As I’ve mentioned I probably havnt seen fields enough to have a confident opinion about him.

I think Wilson’s comp is very Alex smith. Not the worst insult in the world but also not a guy I want to draft with the #2 pick. I’ve seen a ton of Wilson, I think this comp is fair.

man, you just gonna keep believing that no matter what huh? There really no reason for me to post anything else bout it but I think it nuts to assume he fixes everything. If they fix all the other problems they be good with another qb, if they don’t fix all the other problems they woulda just ruined Lawrence also.
Of course Lawrence or any other QB for that matter doesn’t fix the rest of the roster but the most important position in all of sports is QB and Lawrence looks like the best prospect in years. Giving away a prospect this good with only three weeks left to go is gut wrenching.

No way do I fall for a guy after playing ucf. How many tight window throws he make in that game? The running back had to make a fantastic catch on the one. I don’t wanna rip him apart, he can play. Just wouldn’t want to build my franchise around him. That would freak me out more than losing Lawrence!

I rather have Darnold than Wilson. If I’m jumping off Darnold I think i would have to take a long look at the Lance kid if he anything close to how Johnny raves about him!! I do not trust Wilson. I’d wanna see how fields plays next week even tho I know you can’t stand that idea. As I’ve mentioned I probably havnt seen fields enough to have a confident opinion about him.

I think Wilson’s comp is very Alex smith. Not the worst insult in the world but also not a guy I want to draft with the #2 pick. I’ve seen a ton of Wilson, I think this comp is fair.
He is definitely not Alex Smith. Unlike Smith this guy has a huge arm and can make all the throws. Wilson isn’t the sure thing that Lawrence is but the upside is there.

No way do I fall for a guy after playing ucf. How many tight window throws he make in that game? The running back had to make a fantastic catch on the one. I don’t wanna rip him apart, he can play. Just wouldn’t want to build my franchise around him. That would freak me out more than losing Lawrence!

He did make some incredible throws and showed his accuracy. Kind of has a little Baker in him.

Zack is a good QB

Let's not base him playing a soft ass UCF defense last night as far as draft stock.

I'd be pissed too if the Lions were in the Jets position now. Any fan of any team would be outside of KC. The only thing I had a problem with this debate is Fields being garbage. I disagree on that.

i Dunno what we have seen to be able to call him garbage? I dunno if he a franchise qb or not but seems like he improves every year and obviously has talent.

sure losing Lawrence a bummer but certainly doesn’t make or break the franchise. It easier to play qb in the nfl than it has ever been! Plenty of kids coming out will have success and do some winning in this league! Did anyone think Herbert was gonna be the cream of this years crop? Even tho Burrow looked great (I was wrong bout him, lol) who would take him in front of Herbert now?

I'd be pissed too if the Lions were in the Jets position now. Any fan of any team would be outside of KC. The only thing I had a problem with this debate is Fields being garbage. I disagree on that.
Nothing wrong with disagreement regarding any of these guys but I’ve made up my mind on Fields and felt he was terrible for quite some time. Eventually one of us will be proven right but for me if the Jets pick him it will be disastrous.

Nothing wrong with disagreement regarding any of these guys but I’ve made up my mind on Fields and felt he was terrible for quite some time. Eventually one of us will be proven right but for me if the Jets pick him it will be disastrous.

Fair enough.

He did make some incredible throws and showed his accuracy. Kind of has a little Baker in him.

yea I’m certainly not trying to crush him. I didn’t think it was a huge insult comparing him to Alex smith and little baker, as I said I don’t like the baker quality he has where it appears he thinks he more athletic than he is, has him take some really bad sacks that go for really big yardage losses when he tries to escape. That can certainly be coached out of some kids, not so much others.

This qb class for this upcoming draft is going to have some huge busts for sure. Lawrence and Fields are the sure things in my eyes. Just me though. I'm no expert.

that how I felt bout baker and some others. I think I was right Baker wasn’t a #1 worthy pick but he is turning into a better qb than I expected this year. Once again the franchise, talent around them, and coaching make or break most of them!

This qb class for this upcoming draft is going to have some huge busts for sure. Lawrence and Fields are the sure things in my eyes. Just me though. I'm no expert.
And I believe it's Lawrence and Lance a distant 2nd....won't be surprised if Lawrence is the only franchise guy and that's simply dependent on him having competent line and at least a couple weapons as well. If he does end up in Jax, who knows what happens when they blow up that front office.

Having not read this entire thread nor looking into draft tie-breakers in depth, how is it that NYJ just pissed away the first pick? Both 1-13 but Jags win was a divisional win. Wouldn't that be worth more than a non-conference win?

Having not read this entire thread nor looking into draft tie-breakers in depth, how is it that NYJ just pissed away the first pick? Both 1-13 but Jags win was a divisional win. Wouldn't that be worth more than a non-conference win?

beats the hell out of me. I just assumed someone knows ! Lol

It goes by strength of schedule. Jacksonvilles schedule is easier.

Back