Jets fan meltdown and QB discussion thread

lol. I don’t think you setting a good precedent by “forcing” your head coach to start anyone, even if he a dead man walking! Or sitting your qb for that matter, I don’t want anyone who is gonna remain on this team to think it ok to lose!!

I honestly think you overreacting a ton to this bud, this win won’t make or break the franchise going forward. The best 2-3 QBs in the league wernt can’t miss number 1 picks! Neither was the goat! For all we know Darnold could start looking like Josh Allen under the right leadership!! If I’m the gm I’m happy I got some youngsters out there who giving their all!!
The only QBs rated as highly as Lawrence coming out of college were Elway, Manning, and Luck so yes missing out on that caliber of player is a death knell to a trash organization like the Jets.

Why would the Jets lay down? They’re professionals trying to show ability so they can continue to get contracts and make a living. It didn’t help that the Rams looked like complete dogshit today. I am not impressed with Goff whatsoever. I’d take Darnold over Goff in a heartbeat.
Goff wo a rush is sometimes scary good

Goff with a rush will not be productive at all

I am not handling this well @brewers888 . This is a garbage franchise with dogshit ownership and anyone that pays to watch them is a fool. FRANK GORE WHO IS 88 YEARS OLD WAS WHO LED THEM IN THE CHARGE TO BLOW A GENERATIONAL QB. Fuck them. Fuck Adam Gase. Fuck the Johnson brothers. Fields is dogshit compared to Lawrence. Joke. Such a Jets thing to do. Just fuck the NFL and this team. I hate them more than death. So sick.
That is an epic rant!

The only QBs rated as highly as Lawrence coming out of college were Elway, Manning, and Luck so yes missing out on that caliber of player is a death knell to a trash organization like the Jets.

and yet a argument can be made that mahomes/Rodgers/brady better than those 3. I know you get highly emotional about this stuff, I’m just saying step back and take a breath. There no way that win decides the jets fate. If they were gonna draft Lawrence and build a championship team around him they can do it without him. Luck never won and his career wasn’t that long, it took elway forever to finally win, Manning could almost never get past that one guy who was drafted in the 6th round and still playing!!! In a couple years if jags keep beating jets in the afc championship game you can tell me what a idiot I was, until then relax and see how it goes! Better yet enjoy the win baby! Who wants their team to be 0-16?!?

It's your childhood team. You live in the area. You can never give them up. They are yours forever. I like Darnold.

Seriously, if yall had Flores you wouldnt even be bothered as you would be 7-7 instead of 1-13
If we had even 3 or 4 wins I wouldn’t care. This is all about being weeks away from finally landing a franchise QB. If there was even a 1A behind Lawrence I wouldn’t be bothered but the difference between Trevor and Fields is as big as the difference between Aaron Rodgers and Jared Goff if not bigger.

If we had even 3 or 4 wins I wouldn’t care. This is all about being weeks away from finally landing a franchise QB. If there was even a 1A behind Lawrence I wouldn’t be bothered but the difference between Trevor and Fields is as big as the difference between Aaron Rodgers and Jared Goff if not bigger.
You land Trey Lance. You will never have a worry again. He is basically unstoppable. The surest thing in the history of sure things.

Sometimes you remind me of a character on a sitcom with the crosses you bear. I love it.

Remember the good times bro. Wasnt that long ago.

Making an AFC championship game means nothing to me when this team is garbage almost year in and year out. TL was the answer to this teams miseries and now we have nothing.

Making an AFC championship game means nothing to me when this team is garbage almost year in and year out. TL was the answer to this teams miseries and now we have nothing.
What about Broadway Joe?

Gastineau baby.

Those times can come back. All you need is Trey Lance and a dude like Flores

What about Broadway Joe?

Gastineau baby.

Those times can come back. All you need is Trey Lance and a dude like Flores
Broadway Joe played before I was born and this team has given me nothing almost every season. I stupidly accepted them not drafting Manning but this is it for me.

Maybe you are right but he has never faced any real competition playing at Wyoming A&M or whatever school he plays for.
As you well know, North Dakota St is a bomb squad. He only played one year. Dominated super solid competition. Not SEC but as good as anyone else. He is the man.

I could have sworn you said you were gonna be pissed if the Jets gave up on Darnold. Now it‘s Trevor or bust?

I could have sworn you said you were gonna be pissed if the Jets gave up on Darnold. Now it‘s Trevor or bust?
It’s pretty much been Trevor or bust once it was clear this team wasn’t winning more than a game or two. Losing the first thirteen just to have the rug pulled out from underneath us is just too much for me. I might reconsider if they hire the right coach and keep Darnold but if they somehow pick Fields I’m out.

The comparison is ridiculous

It's like comparing JJ barea to jokic

Theres only one reason why
The comparison is not off at all. Fields and Haskins both played at the same school and neither are starting caliber NFL QBs. This is not a matter of me jumping on Fields after the Northwestern debacle I have always believed he isn’t any good.

I'm not disagreeing, I like him a lot
Awesome. Watching him own all defenses on their championship run was something. He is special. Physically massive, moves great distance quickly. Seems precocious. If I was Jaguars I'd deal to 3 or 4 and get Lance and multiple interior lineman instead.

I would be king of that city and never have to buy dinner again

He will be better than Fields and Lawerence. He will be hall of Famer and superbowl winner. Meet me back in this thread in 5 years

damn Johnny, safe to say you like him huh? I’ve never seen him play/couldn’t pick him out a lineup, lol. I plead clueless on this one so sounds silly saying I wouldn’t take him over Lawrence but Lawrence one the rare once a decade can’t miss types. Even if dude everything you say still would take Lawrence. Lol

The comparison is not off at all. Fields and Haskins both played at the same school and neither are starting caliber NFL QBs. This is not a matter of me jumping on Fields after the Northwestern debacle I have always believed he isn’t any good.

Different body build. Different backgrounds. Feilds is a Uga product he transferred. He was good his first year at GA. He runs a 4.5. Better attitude. I mean the list goes on

Back