Jets fan meltdown and QB discussion thread

Try being a Lions fan, it's worse.
Very similar franchises but there is nothing worse than winning a meaningless game in December taking you out of the running for a generational QB. That game yesterday will bury this franchise for at least a decade. Any smart organization would have done whatever was necessary to lose out.

I’m gonna go out on a limb and assume jags hold the tiebreaker? Lol. Call me crazy but jags could easily beat the bears!! 2 wins in a row it bout time for bears to lay a egg!

I agree they should stick it out with darnold and see what he can do with weapons around him and a legit head coach, look how good tannehill looks now that he got away from Gase who the biggest joke in the league! Ive never thought Darnold was the problem, he makes some iffy decisions but his talent level more than good enough!! Sadly ya’ll will prob draft fields and keep Gase to ruin him as well!

Very similar franchises but there is nothing worse than winning a meaningless game in December taking you out of the running for a generational QB. That game yesterday will bury this franchise for at least a decade. Any smart organization would have done whatever was necessary to lose out.

ultimately who or where they draft has very little to do with what happens to this team the next decade!!! It all about hiring the right guy at head coach. You get the coach right he be fine with whomever the qb is! You whiff on the coach it won’t matter if you have Lawrence or any other top prospect!!

look no further than browns. Mayfield a total clown with the wrong coaches, they get right coach and all a sudden he a winner!

ultimately who or where they draft has very little to do with what happens to this team the next decade!!! It all about hiring the right guy at head coach. You get the coach right he be fine with whomever the qb is! You whiff on the coach it won’t matter if you have Lawrence or any other top prospect!!

look no further than browns. Mayfield a total clown with the wrong coaches, they get right coach and all a sudden he a winner!
A franchise QB pretty much guarantees relevancy. Look how the Packers have always been in contention with Rodgers despite many subpar rosters and an idiot like McCarthy coaching him.

A franchise QB pretty much guarantees relevancy. Look how the Packers have always been in contention with Rodgers despite many subpar rosters and an idiot like McCarthy coaching him.

you don’t need Lawrence to have a franchise qb. Darnold or fields paired with a good coach would do the same. Packers have had good coaching and stability long before Rodgers came along. McCarthy wasn’t always bad, came from a strong coaching tree, the game just passed him by and he refused to adjust. Franchises who hire a good coach and stick with them have long term success. There plenty of guys who capable of playing winning qb in this league if they lucky enough to be under the right leadership!

Not to mention there no guarantee Lawrence is gonna be Arron Rodgers! I mean he pretty can’t miss but so was Luck and Indy didn’t really get all that much for taking him did they? 4-5 years healthy years maybe that were mostly wasted?

you don’t need Lawrence to have a franchise qb. Darnold or fields paired with a good coach would do the same. Packers have had good coaching and stability long before Rodgers came along. McCarthy wasn’t always bad, came from a strong coaching tree, the game just passed him by and he refused to adjust. Franchises who hire a good coach and stick with them have long term success. There plenty of guys who capable of playing winning qb in this league if they lucky enough to be under the right leadership!
I can see winning with Darnold though I have lost a lot of confidence in him but neither the Jets or any other team are winning with Fields. The difference between Lawrence and Fields is every bit as stark as the difference between Mahomes and someone like Trubisky or Haskins.

I can see winning with Darnold though I have lost a lot of confidence in him but neither the Jets or any other team are winning with Fields. The difference between Lawrence and Fields is every bit as stark as the difference between Mahomes and someone like Trubisky or Haskins.

oh I think you crazy comparing fields to those losers.

Not to mention there no guarantee Lawrence is gonna be Arron Rodgers! I mean he pretty can’t miss but so was Luck and Indy didn’t really get all that much for taking him did they? 4-5 years healthy years maybe that were mostly wasted?
Luck was great and just got screwed over by a GM that ignored the offensive line. The Jets already have a franchise left tackle with Becton and a GM that understands the importance of a solid line.

you draft Lawrence and don’t have the front office and coach right and you have luck. Nice run but no rings and basically a wasted career!!

Luck was great and just got screwed over by a GM that ignored the offensive line. The Jets already have a franchise left tackle with Becton and a GM that understands the importance of a solid line.

that my point he was great as Lawrence is but if you don’t get the coach and front office right than you get a wasted career of what could have been. I much rather have the coach and front office right than taking Lawrence. In a perfect world you get them all but imo you get the coach/front office you will find a qb you can win with! There lot of talented kids out there!!

Jacksonville will have their pick of coaches. Everyone is going to want that job.

that is true. Let’s just hope they not cheap clowns like the chargers. Chargers should have no problem finding a great coach but will they pay him or will they go cheap and hire some nobody coordinator nobody knows about? Or will they do the so charger thing and stick with lynn?!?? lol

that my point he was great as Lawrence is but if you don’t get the coach and front office right than you get a wasted career of what could have been. I much rather have the coach and front office right than taking Lawrence. In a perfect world you get them all but imo you get the coach/front office you will find a qb you can win with! There lot of talented kids out there!!
I think you can win with Darnold if they hire the right coach but even under the best circumstances he is not as good as Lawrence.

that is true. Let’s just hope they not cheap clowns like the chargers. Chargers should have no problem finding a great coach but will they pay him or will they go cheap and hire some nobody coordinator nobody knows about? Or will they do the so charger thing and stick with lynn?!?? lol
The Chargers job is another one that will be very appealing. Nothing attracts great coaching candidates like a franchise QB.

I do not understand the appeal of Fields whatsoever and I was saying that way before the Northwestern debacle.

im certainly not calling him a lock but he a way better prospect than trubisky who was a one year nobody who apparently impressed in gym shorts!! Fields has played in the big games and had some success. How he fairs in this clemson game will say a lot!!

im certainly not calling him a lock but he a way better prospect than trubisky who was a one year nobody who apparently impressed in gym shorts!! Fields has played in the big games and had some success. How he fairs in this clemson game will say a lot!!
The Jets better not trade Darnold to draft Fields. I have no doubt whatsoever that Darnold will have the better career.

The Chargers job is another one that will be very appealing. Nothing attracts great coaching candidates like a franchise QB.

if I’m the top coaching candidate out there I think chargers would be my 1st choice. Not only has Herbert shown he a freaking stud they also have some real nice talent on that team! I look at that team and think I could make a run next season where as I think the jags and jets jobs both come with growing pains and lumps to take!!!

If the Jags are going to take Trevor they really need to fix their offensive line because their pass protection is abysmal.

You gonna stop being a jets fan cause they won a game? Am I reading that right? Lol. You actually upset that those kids went out there and played their little hearts out?

You could kinda see it coming, they gave bills everything they wanted in week 7, thought they had the pats in week 9, after the bye they played chargers close (that would have been my guess since chargers losers), had raiders beat, then finally caught a rams team who has gotten off to some slow starts vs bad teams and they actually hung on. You could tell despite all the tank talk these kids been trying, normally after one their close losses they get crushed the following week which just spoke even more to how bad they wanted to win a game!! I know I wouldn’t want to be part of a 0-16 team!! Good for them! Be a fan and be happy for those kids!! Now just root for bears to fall on their faces vs jags next week!! Could happen!!9

Now since they won a game can they please fire Gase??!!! Get that clown out the building since I assumed they only kept him on to avoid winning a game!!!

If jets do this right, and trade down for a haul, and get a new coach. They are a playoff team within the next 3 seasons, almost said 2

I agree. There will still be suiters willing to trade up to 2 for fields or whichever qb they fall in love with. Might actually be a blessing in disguise as I thought keeping Darnold and getting a haul might have been the best move from beginning but it would have been all but impossible to pass on chance to draft Lawrence!! Most important thing for jets is finding the right coach!

???? When was this?
After the Jets finished with a 1-15 record culminating the Kotite era of 4-28 over two glorious seasons they hired Parcells. That year Manning was a junior at Tennessee and was excited at the prospect of playing for Parcells. The Manning family and specifically Archie wanted a guarantee that the Jets would pick Peyton.

Now why you ask would Parcells not guarantee to draft Peyton with the first pick when he was considered can’t miss by everyone. Well Parcells had a set of criteria that he refused to deviate from in regards to drafting QBs. The QB had to be a senior and had to have won I believe 28 or more games in college. Since Peyton was a junior he didn’t pass the Parcells formula for QBs. So Peyton went back for his senior year and the Jets traded down for James Farrior.

So now here we are all these years later and the Jets have once again screwed themselves out of a sure thing at QB. As far as I’m concerned Gase and Parcells can both fuck off forever.

You gonna stop being a jets fan cause they won a game? Am I reading that right? Lol. You actually upset that those kids went out there and played their little hearts out?

You could kinda see it coming, they gave bills everything they wanted in week 7, thought they had the pats in week 9, after the bye they played chargers close (that would have been my guess since chargers losers), had raiders beat, then finally caught a rams team who has gotten off to some slow starts vs bad teams and they actually hung on. You could tell despite all the tank talk these kids been trying, normally after one their close losses they get crushed the following week which just spoke even more to how bad they wanted to win a game!! I know I wouldn’t want to be part of a 0-16 team!! Good for them! Be a fan and be happy for those kids!! Now just root for bears to fall on their faces vs jags next week!! Could happen!!9
Yes I am going to walk away from being a fan of the Jets. As I said I stuck with them after the Peyton debacle but this is the final straw especially if they dump Darnold for Fields. Only so much I can take from this disgrace of an organization and for me missing out on Lawrence by winning a meaningless game in December is it.

Fields and Head n Shoulders were 1A and 1B coming out of HS. It was neck n neck.

Fields improvement from beginning of last year to the end and then to this year as a passer has been tremendous.

Granted, OSU QBs usually are not prepped well for NFL... Like their TEs... But that's Urban recruits as well...
Like you said, “WAS neck and neck”

After the Jets finished with a 1-15 record culminating the Kotite era of 4-28 over two glorious seasons they hired Parcells. That year Manning was a junior at Tennessee and was excited at the prospect of playing for Parcells. The Manning family and specifically Archie wanted a guarantee that the Jets would pick Peyton.

Now why you ask would Parcells not guarantee to draft Peyton with the first pick when he was considered can’t miss by everyone. Well Parcells had a set of criteria that he refused to deviate from in regards to drafting QBs. The QB had to be a senior and had to have won I believe 28 or more games in college. Since Peyton was a junior he didn’t pass the Parcells formula for QBs. So Peyton went back for his senior year and the Jets traded down for James Farrior.

So now here we are all these years later and the Jets have once again screwed themselves out of a sure thing at QB. As far as I’m concerned Gase and Parcells can both fuck off forever.
Oh man I'd never heard that story. That's a kick in the nuts.

Why should anyone care where Fields was ranked as a recruit out of high school. The fact is the guy sucks and will be extremely unsuccessful in the NFL. If high school acclaim guaranteed success Ron Powlus would be in the Hall of Fame after first winning 3 Heisman trophies at Notre Dame as Beano Cook once predicted.

Yes I am going to walk away from being a fan of the Jets. As I said I stuck with them after the Peyton debacle but this is the final straw especially if they dump Darnold for Fields. Only so much I can take from this disgrace of an organization and for me missing out on Lawrence by winning a meaningless game in December is it.

we just different pal. I can see a million reasons why not to be a fan. The kids giving effort and winning a game just wouldnt be one of them!

forgive me if I asked this before but how you end up a Brewers and jets fan anyways?? Did Joe Namath in panty hose do it for you?!?! Lol

I never been much a fan. Outside the baseball cardinals im a total bandwagon jumper!!

This right here is to me the best take and I’d obviously expand it to GM as well.

Just over a decade ago the Jets went to 2 AFC title games. They were in the upper echelon. During those same years, KC had Herman Edwards and Todd Haley, culminating in a 2-14 season which included humiliation after humiliation and a murder-suicide to boot. During those years we started: Brodie Croyle, Damon Huard, Tyler Thigpen, Matt Cassel, Tyler Palko, Brady Quinn And Kyle Orton.

Enter 2013- Andy Reid, John Dorsey/Brett Veach and Alex Smith. The rest is history.

Some teams have made the same mistakes over and over. There are some really solid candidates this year and I’d like to see the Jets and Jags bounce back. Side note I do still believe in Sam Darnold. Never going to be top 10 but nor was Andy Dalton and he took that team to multiple playoffs,

This right here is to me the best take and I’d obviously expand it to GM as well.

Just over a decade ago the Jets went to 2 AFC title games. They were in the upper echelon. During those same years, KC had Herman Edwards and Todd Haley, culminating in a 2-14 season which included humiliation after humiliation and a murder-suicide to boot. During those years we started: Brodie Croyle, Damon Huard, Tyler Thigpen, Matt Cassel, Tyler Palko, Brady Quinn And Kyle Orton.

Enter 2013- Andy Reid, John Dorsey/Brett Veach and Alex Smith. The rest is history.

Some teams have made the same mistakes over and over. There are some really solid candidates this year and I’d like to see the Jets and Jags bounce back. Side note I do still believe in Sam Darnold. Never going to be top 10 but nor was Andy Dalton and he took that team to multiple playoffs,
First time I’ve ever seen someone be compared to Dalton as a positive. If Darnold isn’t going to be better than Dalton I would rather just move on.

And is a very good prospect now, no ones saying hes pantene pro v

But hes improved a ton

Saying hes terrible is crazy, like hunt said, he must have lost y'all a bet this weekend
I will never get the love for Fields. I think the best current comparison is probably Cam 2020.

I didn’t include gm just cause it my understanding jets have one that highly thought of, obviously I agree the right gm goes hand and hand with the coach. The best teams the coach/gm have great working relationship.

And is a very good prospect now, no ones saying hes pantene pro v

But hes improved a ton

Saying hes terrible is crazy, like hunt said, he must have lost y'all a bet this weekend
I’m not saying he’s terrible. I’m not saying he shouldn’t come out and get paid.

I think he is no where near ready for the NFL at this point and I think overrated as an NFL prospect.

I didn’t include gm just cause it my understanding jets have one that highly thought of, obviously I agree the right gm goes hand and hand with the coach. The best teams the coach/gm have great working relationship.
The Jets GM learned under Ozzie Newsome. It certainly guarantees nothing but Newsome was as good as anyone.

The thing that has disappointed me the most is that he could have forced Gase to start Morgan down the stretch who would have ensured 0-16.

I’m not saying he’s terrible. I’m not saying he shouldn’t come out and get paid.

I think he is no where near ready for the NFL at this point and I think overrated as an NFL prospect.

being “ready” for the nfl is way way easier than it used to be. the fact they all go to those camps and do 7 on 7 since they start throwing has certainly helped, how much the college game has made its way into the league, and the rules making it so much easier to play qb. These days if you have any understanding of defenses, where your wrs gonna be, and can move around you pretty much ready to sink or swim! Being ready for the nfl just doesn’t mean what it used to!

The Jets GM learned under Ozzie Newsome. It certainly guarantees nothing but Newsome was as good as anyone.

The thing that has disappointed me the most is that he could have forced Gase to start Morgan down the stretch who would have ensured 0-16.

lol. I don’t think you setting a good precedent by “forcing” your head coach to start anyone, even if he a dead man walking! Or sitting your qb for that matter, I don’t want anyone who is gonna remain on this team to think it ok to lose!!

I honestly think you overreacting a ton to this bud, this win won’t make or break the franchise going forward. The best 2-3 QBs in the league wernt can’t miss number 1 picks! Neither was the goat! For all we know Darnold could start looking like Josh Allen under the right leadership!! If I’m the gm I’m happy I got some youngsters out there who giving their all!!

Back