Jets fan meltdown and QB discussion thread

And I believe it's Lawrence and Lance a distant 2nd....won't be surprised if Lawrence is the only franchise guy and that's simply dependent on him having competent line and at least a couple weapons as well. If he does end up in Jax, who knows what happens when they blow up that front office.

it so hard to be a actual bust these days! I feel like the highly drafted qb success rate has to be much greater than it was even 10 years ago!! The more the nfl mimics the college game combined with how prepared most these kids are now and every stinking rule change geared to make offense easier has made it so much more rare to see actual bust. We see kids who shouldn’t be drafted where they were maybe, but more than not still find some success.

it so hard to be a actual bust these days! I feel like the highly drafted qb success rate has to be much greater than it was even 10 years ago!! The more the nfl mimics the college game combined with how prepared most these kids are now and every stinking rule change geared to make offense easier has made it so much more rare to see actual bust. We see kids who shouldn’t be drafted where they were maybe, but more than not still find some success.
You do realize you're talking to a fan of a team that traded up to draft Rosen and give up after one season, right?

You do realize you're talking to a fan of a team that traded up to draft Rosen and give up after one season, right?

not saying it doesn’t happen! Lol. Credit to them, the Rosen pick might have been horrible but very few teams have the guts to admit it and move on so fast!! Saved the franchise from 5 years of suck! Your squad now my favorite team despite the fact they left my fare city!! I think ya’ll will win a ring in next 3-4 years! Love watching Kyler, I had no clue he was gonna be so good!

Rosen must have fucked somebodies wife or something?!?? Not sure I’ve ever seen a top 10 pick seemingly never get a chance anywhere! Surely he had to have talent to go that high? I always heard he was unlikable but he wouldn’t be the 1st qb with that label.

If you think you've seen the meltdown just wait till the Jets pair Marvin Lewis and Fields and try selling that to the fan base.

As joker says in the movie “why so serious” ? Turn that frown upside down buddy, it’s Xmas!!

Always remember these franchises and their players don’t give 2 shits about you so treat your emotional investment accordingly! As I say “fuck’em, end of day who cares?” As long as I can find a angle to win money on them what do I care if it them losing or winning?

only reason I care bout our local teams doing well is cause the city more fun when they in the playoffs!

As joker says in the movie “why so serious” ? Turn that frown upside down buddy, it’s Xmas!!

Always remember these franchises and their players don’t give 2 shits about you so treat your emotional investment accordingly! As I say “fuck’em, end of day who cares?” As long as I can find a angle to win money on them what do I care if it them losing or winning?

only reason I care bout our local teams doing well is cause the city more fun when they in the playoffs!

Don‘t you grow attached to the players/team that you root for??? Reciprocity is not needed!

Don‘t you grow attached to the players/team that you root for??? Reciprocity is not needed!

honestly? No not really, lol. I’ve said many times I’m not a very good fan!! Maybe when I was a kid but I hardly remember a time it was different, Im often perplexed by fans emotional investment In teams! Maybe in the moment I can get some that feeling but it waning at best.

When blues won the cup I was like “yay” but mostly didn’t care bout anything but the party! Lol. It just doesn’t ever feel like it matters all that much to me like it seems to others. Guess I’m weird. Winning bets is far more important to me!

Fuck this franchise. Dumb fucking bitches. Win 2 games and blow a franchise QB. Yeah, that’ll make me forget an 0-13 start when they keep getting ass raped the next 10 years with no QB. Fuck off Johnson family, you suck ass.

Fuck this franchise. Dumb fucking bitches. Win 2 games and blow a franchise QB. Yeah, that’ll make me forget an 0-13 start when they keep getting ass raped the next 10 years with no QB. Fuck off Johnson family, you suck ass.
Today was meaningless since Jacksonville has rightfully checked out. It’s time to board the Wilson express.

One thing I will say is I’m completely done with Darnold. As bad a situation as he’s been handed he’s shown nothing that says he will ever be successful in a Jets uniform.

Trade down, get talent and give Sam the keys. Anything beyond that would be the incompetence we've all come to expect from the organization.

I've changed my mind on keeping sam and trading down, unless the haul is a monster, like multiple 1sts and 2nds, and keeping a top 10 pick this year

I think you hold the bengals hostage and threaten to take sewell, make them give you a pick

Then draft lance, wilson, or fields. Dealers choice. Different people have difference preferences

Then trade darnold

I've changed my mind on keeping sam and trading down, unless the haul is a monster, like multiple 1sts and 2nds, and keeping a top 10 pick this year

I think you hold the bengals hostage and threaten to take sewell, make them give you a pick

Then draft lance, wilson, or fields. Dealers choice. Different people have difference preferences

Then trade darnold
If that's their plan my guess is Washington would be thrilled. Maybe Dallas/Carolina too. Think Darnold is still better than the 3 prospects in the right place.

Then trade darnold
It’s Wilson all the way. No way am I wasting a pick on the other two.

Imagine being a texans fan tho

They are handing the dolphins a top 5 pick

So you're either giving tua jamarr chase, or you're giving an already loaded defense micah Parsons
Tua is going to suck regardless of who they surround him with but Houston definitely needs the pick.

If that's their plan my guess is Washington would be thrilled. Maybe Dallas/Carolina too. Think Darnold is still better than the 3 prospects in the right place.
Have you watched him play or are you still holding on to his USC tape. I’ve stuck with him his entire time but he just hasn’t shown anything.

Have you watched him play or are you still holding on to his USC tape. I’ve stuck with him his entire time but he just hasn’t shown anything.
I've watched the last couple years. He's fortunately mobile enough to not get whacked all the time, throws pretty well on the scramble. I don't play fantasy so can't name a skill player on the team outside of Gore. Gotta build in the trenches or rinse/repeat. I like Wilson quite a bit, just wouldn't put my future on him without talent, especially on the OL. I certainly don't see Rodgers in him though.

Then trade darnold
Question is.....is any team willing to trade for Darnold or will they wait and see if the Jets just ultimately jettison him as it has happened to several players this past year I think. Can the Jets have both a #1 QB salary and Darnold's Salary on the team or no? If they can absorb both they may choose to keep Darnold for half of next season until they feel the new QB is ready to take over.

Back