Is there a chance he'd take us back?

Yeah no shocker Tra was going, just a matter of when and for how much. Good signing with Jones, were gonna be a much younger team this year, and I have faith the front office isnt done yet in FA/trading period.

I have faith the front office isnt done yet in FA/trading period.

They better not be. Not that I can do anything about it, but, you know.

You have faith in the Eagles front office???

I wish i could say the same

these guys definitely need the (bill simmons patented) VP of Common Sense

its unreal

Speaking of which, did you see they fired that game-day employee for a comment on his Facebook page about B-Dawk? The extent to which this team is tone-deaf with its fans and the town at times is astounding.

Its unbelievable. I mean, let me start by putting it in the proper context. The guy was an usher or something on gamedays. He worked 8 days a year. Hes a fan. He was probably not doing the smartest thing in the world when he called his employer 'retarted' in a public forum. His firing can easily be justified. Buuuuut....

Reaaallly Eagles? Really?!?! Youre gonna take the PR hit from the Inquirer, WIP, ESPN and every blog on the internet because some nobody idiot who just happens to rip tickets at your home games (correctly) called out the front office for being the retards that everyone in this town thinks theyre being?? Really?!?! Youre gonna fight that fight??

They just dont have a fucking clue.

Fucking morons.

They just dont have a fucking clue.

Exactly. I just don't understand it. You know, there are cities and fan bases you can s**t on. Atlanta comes to mind, Miami. Places where they're really fickle and they'll always show up if you win. But why this organization insists on almost picking fights with the fans is beyond me.

I watched PTI today and Wilbon ripped 'em up and down for this, sort of like everybody else is rightly doing.

The guy was mad about B-Dawk--what f**king fan wasn't? He apologized, profusely apparently. All he wants to do is go back and do his job which he loves. I mean, how stupid of an organization can you be?

Theyre that stubborn. Theyre that sensitive. Theyre that aloof. Theyre the 'gold standard.' Their shit doesnt stink. And they get away with it because theyre fucking bulletproof.

They can do whatever the hell they want and that place is still gonna be sold out every damn game and theyre still gonna be in the top 5 in the NFL in merchandise sales and all that. Theres a season ticket waiting list of 75,000. They could double the ticket price of every ticket in the bulding and every one would be sold instantly.

This is the same guy who bought the team with the (rumored) intention of moving it to LA. He just has no idea about Philadelphia. Hes a (quasi/failed/former) Hollywood producer who inherited money from his wife's family and thinks hes this genius when all hes done is be in the right place at the right time.

He better hope to hell he wins a Super Bowl before this town seriously turns on him. Because when that happens, look out....

Heres whats left in Free Agency - do any of these guys do anything for you??

QUARTERBACK
--Byron Leftwich, Steelers
--Jeff Garcia, Bucs
--J.P. Losman, Bills
--Rex Grossman, Bears
--Kyle Boller, Ravens
RUNNING BACK
--Deuce McAllister, Saints
--Michael Pittman, Broncos
--Dominic Rhodes, Colts
--Warrick Dunn, Bucs
--DeShaun Foster, Niners
FULLBACK
--Leonard Weaver, Seahawks
--Terrelle Smith, Cardinals
--Lorenzo Neal, Ravens
--Mike Karney, Saints
--Justin Griffith, Raiders
WIDE RECEIVER
--Marvin Harrison, Colts
--Reggie Williams, Jags
--Miles Austin, Cowboys
--Ronald Curry, Raiders
--Drew Bennett, Rams
TIGHT END
--L.J. Smith, Eagles
--Ben Troupe, Raiders
--Tony Curtis, Cowboys
--Bubba Franks, Jets
--Mark Campbell, Saints
OFFENSIVE TACKLE
--Mark Tauscher, Packers
--Jon Runyan, Eagles
--Khalif Barnes, Jaguars
--John St. Clair, Bears
--George Foster, Lions
GUARD
--Mike Goff, Chargers
--Pete Kendall, Redskins
--Chris Naeole, Jaguars
--Elton Brown, Cardinals
--Floyd Womack, Seahawks
CENTER
--Eric Ghiaciuc, Bengals
--Jeremy Newberry, Chargers
--Cory Procter, Cowboys
--Melvin Fowler, Bills
--Nick Leckey, Rams
DEFENSIVE END
--Bertrand Berry, Cardinals
--Demetric Evans, Redskins
--Kalimba Edwards, Raiders
--Vonnie Holliday, Dolphins
--Anthony Weaver, Texans

DEFENSIVE TACKLE
--Tank Johnson, Cowboys
--Shaun Cody, Lions
--John Thornton, Bengals
--Dewayne Robertson, Broncos
--Ellis Wyms, Vikings
INSIDE LINEBACKER
--Kevin Burnett, Cowboys
--Nate Webster, Broncos
--Napoleon Harris, Vikings
--Paris Lenon, Lions
--Zach Thomas, Cowboys
OUTSIDE LINEBACKER
--Marcus Washington, Redskins
--Cato June, Bucs
--Derrick Brooks, Bucs
--Angelo Crowell, Bills
--Clark Haggans, Cardinals
CORNERBACK
--Leigh Bodden, Lions
--Chris McAlister, Ravens
--Jabari Greer, Bills
--Eric Green, Cardinals
--Deltha O’Neal, Patriots
FREE SAFETY
--Mike Brown, Bears
--Will Demps, Texans
--Josh Bullocks, Saints
--Marlon McCree, Broncos
--Pierson Prioleau, Jaguars
STRONG SAFETY
--Roy Williams, Cowboys
--Darren Sharper, Vikings
--Keith Davis, Cowboys
--Nick Ferguson, Texans
--Tank Williams, Patriots

I mean maybe Leonard Weaver (but really how many plays a game do we use a FB anyway?)

Maybe Reggie Williams (but whats the point of another average receiver?)

None of the RBs or TEs do anything for me...

Nothing on the defensive side of the ball does it for me either...

Gonna have to be a trade if they wanna improve the team...

By my count we still need (in order)

WR
RB
TE
DE
OT

Startin to think they definitely go RB first in the draft...

I think they think theyre set on the line with the Andrews bros playing tackles, Herramins and Cole at guard and Jackson at center....

I mean maybe Leonard Weaver (but really how many plays a game do we use a FB anyway?)

Maybe Reggie Williams (but whats the point of another average receiver?)

None of the RBs or TEs do anything for me...

Nothing on the defensive side of the ball does it for me either...

Gonna have to be a trade if they wanna improve the team...

By my count we still need (in order)

WR
RB
TE
DE
OT

Startin to think they definitely go RB first in the draft...

I think they think theyre set on the line with the Andrews bros playing tackles, Herramins and Cole at guard and Jackson at center....

agreed, i like their line. they do need to draft depth now for the future. bring on beanie

I can't assume they will keep all their picks. 12 of them, am I correct? I see them trying to move up in round 1. Maybe to get the TE from OSU. I think RB will be there in the 20s.

Greer signed with somebody, I forget who. It's probably in that other thread.

The list is really close to up to date but not completely. Still, it's good enough.

Bertrand Berry does things for me, but they're not really dying at that position.

I could argue the merits of a good FB all day long, and we should have one, but it's an argument people don't like to listen to and not really enough teams believe in.

Bottom line, we need us some Anquan Boldin.

I can't assume they will keep all their picks. 12 of them, am I correct? I see them trying to move up in round 1. Maybe to get the TE from OSU. I think RB will be there in the 20s.

The smart money says they trade at least a couple of them. However, in recent years the Eagles haven't been afraid to actually select double digit draft choices.

I think Smoke kind of had a good point, lose some of these later round picks, the success rate--at least for this front office--in those picks is really bad. Use them to trade up into the second round or to move back into two first round picks after you trade one of them TO ARIZONA FOR ANQUAN BOLDIN.

=)

DONALD BROWN, MAKING THE ROUNDS

Posted by Mike Florio on March 10, 2009, 10:12 p.m.
Connecticut running back Donald Brown, whom some believe will be a first-round draft choice, is drawing interest from several teams as the annual process of picking rookies approaches.
Appearing on Sirius NFL Radio’s Late Hits with Ross Tucker and Howard David, Brown said that he’ll engage in private workouts with the Bengals, Eagles, and Jets.
Brown also said that the Broncos will give the former Husky a private workout one day before his upcoming Pro Day session.

Im gonna have to start paying more attention to these running backs in the draft...

You guys think theyll draft a compliment to Westbrook or Westbrooks replacement?

The latter is more their M.O....

Especially considering Westbrooks comin up on 30

Well, if they were going to draft a Donald Brown I'd think they were planning the replacement. Remember, that's what they did with Moats, and Brown has a similar build. He's small but strong, I'm not sure I think he's as shifty, but he's got a lot of potential.

But if they were to look at someone like Beanie Wells they might be transitioning to both a younger RB, but a different style a bit.

That said, if they move to more of a bigger back, they need a FB all the more.

I like wells the most i think, but it seems like hes injury prone

i dont like that at all

also he never caught the ball out of the backfield, so Im guessing hes not a fit anyway

I think he caught the ball fine in the combines, but it's his injury thing that I worry about, too.

Sadly, honestly, I don't think they have any idea what they're doing at RB. But I also don't think that's their most pressing issue, even though their might be some decent options there in this draft.

But that's not how they draft. If that was how they drafted they might have looked to the secondary in years' past. Not so much because they need it right this very minute but because the draft is deep with a position you could groom to replace a strength before you 'need' to draft or shop for it.

On SportsCenter (or maybe ESPNews) tonight, John Clayton was asked about the Eagles, and more specifically Donovan McNabb. Clayton talked about the Eagles now having 12 picks in this year's draft and a lot of cap room. He speculated that they are in position to do something big, mentioning specifically Anquan Boldin and recently release Rams tackle Orlando Pace.

Peter King of Sports Illustrated seems to share Clayton's opinion.

In his reader mailbag today, King said he does not expect Boldin to be back with the Cardinals. And guess which two teams he mentioned as possible new homes for the talented wide receiver:

The Eagles and Giants, two receiver-needy teams, are in position to deal for Anquan Boldin, who I continue to say will not be a Cardinal by July. Philly has 21, 28 and 53, the Giants 29, 45 and 60. I find it hard to believe the Eagles won't trade for Boldin. Very hard. He's a perfect fit, and they've got the cap room to sign him.

I'm not saying it's going to happen. Just thought I'd pass along the links.

Yeah, I just saw that Peter King thing a couple of hours ago myself. It made me feel pretty good. This is on of those 'worst kept secrets' right now. At this point if it doesn't happen they'll look all the worse.

It really is them in the driver's seat, but only if they want to be.

On SportsCenter (or maybe ESPNews) tonight, John Clayton was asked about the Eagles, and more specifically Donovan McNabb. Clayton talked about the Eagles now having 12 picks in this year's draft and a lot of cap room. He speculated that they are in position to do something big, mentioning specifically Anquan Boldin and recently release Rams tackle Orlando Pace.

Peter King of Sports Illustrated seems to share Clayton's opinion.

In his reader mailbag today, King said he does not expect Boldin to be back with the Cardinals. And guess which two teams he mentioned as possible new homes for the talented wide receiver:

The Eagles and Giants, two receiver-needy teams, are in position to deal for Anquan Boldin, who I continue to say will not be a Cardinal by July. Philly has 21, 28 and 53, the Giants 29, 45 and 60. I find it hard to believe the Eagles won't trade for Boldin. Very hard. He's a perfect fit, and they've got the cap room to sign him.

I'm not saying it's going to happen. Just thought I'd pass along the links.

I don't understand the Pace thing. They just let Thomas go because he was too old. Now, why would they bring an a very unhealthy Pace who is almost as old?

Fullback deal could be in the works for Eagles
By LES BOWEN

One of the mysteries of free agency thus far is that the Eagles haven't done anything to address their fullback situation.

That mystery might be getting closer to being solved.

Harold Lewis, agent for ex-Seattle free-agent fullback Leonard Weaver, confirmed last night that he is talking to the Birds about a deal for his client.

"We're still in talks with the Eagles, and with a few other teams," Lewis said. "Hopefully, we're going to get something done [in Philadelphia], but it would be premature to tell you that."

Weaver, 26, might be too good to be true, from the perspective of fans who have long hungered for a power running option. He's a fullback who can actually carry the ball here and there - 30 times for 130 yards last season, while catching 20 passes for 222 yards. At 6-0, 242, he has played fullback and halfback in an offense very similar to what the Eagles run.

Before free agency started, many observers felt the Eagles might have interest in Weaver - probably the best fullback on the market - given his age and potential. It was a mild surprise nothing happened early, but the first days of free agency tend to be for big-money deals, and fullback is not a big-money position.

EAGLES SIGN RASHAD BAKER

Posted by Aaron Wilson on March 11, 2009, 2:54 p.m.
The Philadelphia Eagles announced that they have signed free agent safety Rashad Baker to a one-year contract, according to Adam Caplan of Scout.com.
Baker, 27, played for the Oakland Raiders for the last two seasons and registered 24 tackles and a career-high three interceptions last season. Baker has had prior stints with the New England Patriots, Buffalo Bills and Minnesota Vikings.
In 52 career games, the former University of Tennessee player has posted 78 tackles, five interceptions and six pass deflections.
Meanwhile, Caplan reports that the Eagles still are looking to add depth at cornerback.
The Eagles hosted free agent cornerback Shawn Springs for a visit. According to a league source, the Eagles displayed interest in cornerback Jabari Greer prior to him striking a deal with the New Orleans <nobr style="font-weight: normal; font-size: 100%;" id="itxt_nobr_10_0">Saints</nobr>.
Since free agency began, the Eagles have signed Baker and Sean Jones with Brian Dawkins and Sean Considine signing with the Denver Broncos and Jacksonville <nobr style="font-weight: normal; font-size: 100%;" id="itxt_nobr_11_0">Jaguars</nobr>, respectively.

And the organization says, 'f**k it, we're just going to keep signing safeties.'

As long as they don't spend $7 million or whatever, I guess it's OK, right?

By LES BOWEN

One of the mysteries of free agency thus far is that the Eagles haven't done anything to address their fullback situation.

Harold Lewis, agent for ex-Seattle free-agent fullback Leonard Weaver, confirmed last night that he is talking to the Birds about a deal for his client.

"We're still in talks with the Eagles, and with a few other teams," Lewis said. "Hopefully, we're going to get something done [in Philadelphia], but it would be premature to tell you that."

Weaver, 26, might be too good to be true, from the perspective of fans who have long hungered for a power running option. He's a fullback who can actually carry the ball here and there - 30 times for 130 yards last season, while catching 20 passes for 222 yards. At 6-0, 242, he has played fullback and halfback in an offense very similar to what the Eagles run.

Before free agency started, many observers felt the Eagles might have interest in Weaver - probably the best fullback on the market - given his age and potential. It was a mild surprise nothing happened early, but the first days of free agency tend to be for big-money deals, and fullback is not a big-money position.

This would be an huge signing for the Birds after watching them in short yardage last year

EAGLES SIGN RASHAD BAKER

Posted by Aaron Wilson on March 11, 2009, 2:54 p.m.
The Philadelphia Eagles announced that they have signed free agent safety Rashad Baker to a one-year contract, according to Adam Caplan of Scout.com.
Baker, 27, played for the Oakland Raiders for the last two seasons and registered 24 tackles and a career-high three interceptions last season. Baker has had prior stints with the New England Patriots, Buffalo Bills and Minnesota Vikings.
In 52 career games, the former University of Tennessee player has posted 78 tackles, five interceptions and six pass deflections.
Meanwhile, Caplan reports that the Eagles still are looking to add depth at cornerback.
The Eagles hosted free agent cornerback Shawn Springs for a visit. According to a league source, the Eagles displayed interest in cornerback Jabari Greer prior to him striking a deal with the New Orleans <NOBR id=itxt_nobr_10_0 style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 100%">Saints</NOBR>.
Since free agency began, the Eagles have signed Baker and Sean Jones with Brian Dawkins and Sean Considine signing with the Denver Broncos and Jacksonville <NOBR id=itxt_nobr_11_0 style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 100%">Jaguars</NOBR>, respectively.

Looks like this guy, Jones, and Demps will compete for the other starting safety spot--they could all split time.

By LES BOWEN

How frustrating would it be if they got outbid for a fucking fullback?

And the organization says, 'f**k it, we're just going to keep signing safeties.'

As long as they don't spend $7 million or whatever, I guess it's OK, right?

Well, they lost 2 and signed 2...

Id guess Mikkel and Jones are the starters

Baker is the new Considine

Demps reprises his role as Quinton Demps

12luriepie.jpg

Boldin anyone??

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2009/03/report_arizona_cardinals_shopp.html

Arizona Cardinals shopping wide receiver Anquan Boldin, according to report

by Jenny Vrentas/The Star-Ledger Thursday March 12, 2009, 4:31 PM

medium_anquan
Stephen Dunn/GettyAccording to a report, the Cardinals are looking into trading Anquan Boldin out of his Cardinals uniform.
According to a report on ProFootballTalk.com, the Cardinals are looking into trading receiver Anquan Boldin, who is discontent with the two years he has left on his current contract.

UPDATE 6:33 P.M.: An NFL executive with knowledge of the Giants' thinking "doesn't think" the Giants will be in the mix for Boldin, Needell has learned.

And, our Paul Needell is hearing that the Giants and Eagles are among the interested teams. Both teams could use Boldin's powerful style and 1,038 receiving yards from the 2008 season -- the Giants, as they await Plaxico Burress' future, and the Eagles, who always seem to be wideout-needy. Both teams also have three picks each in the first two rounds of the upcoming draft.
After the Super Bowl, it was reported Boldin wanted out of Arizona, but he later appeared open to a new deal with the team. He is expected to want a yearly salary closer to the $10 million per season teammate Larry Fitzgerald earns.

If the Giants were to pull in Boldin, after the offseason they've had--and the offseason the Birds have had--it would be time for pitchforks and torches.

If the Giants were to pull in Boldin, after the offseason they've had--and the offseason the Birds have had--it would be time for pitchforks and torches.

Man if Eagles get Boldin, this entire off season goes from a F to a A-/B+ pending on what they do at Left Tackle. If you think about it, the entire defense, minus Dawkins of course, does return.

Man if Eagles get Boldin, this entire off season goes from a F to a A-/B+ pending on what they do at Left Tackle. If you think about it, the entire defense, minus Dawkins of course, does return.

They already have their left tackle...

The two tackles will come from the Andrews/Andrews/Herramins group...Cole will play the other guard and Jacksons at center...

I think the line's set

As for the trade rumors...

Dont know what validity this has as I jumped in half way through the conversation, but...Mikey Miss was saying on 950 that reports have the Giants offering a 1st this year, a 3rd this year and a 1st next year...if thats true, its over...Boldin will be a Giant

But i cant see it anywhere so it might have just been idle speculation on his part...

heard that it was said on 950 as well...

that these were the offers..

Giants 1st and 3rd this year and a 1st next year
Eagles a 2nd and 3rd round this year

can't believe Reese to give up so much, but who knows.. he's surprised me enough already with what he's paid for Canty, Boley, and Bernard.

Mikey Miss was saying on 950 that reports have the Giants offering a 1st this year, a 3rd this year and a 1st next year...if thats true, its over...Boldin will be a Giant

Yeah, you're right. IF that's true, it is over.

Back