Hawaii News reporting Colt Brennan could be leaving early.....possible first rounder.

Hawaiiguy

Big Kahuna
LINK

If he really is a first rounder.....then i say he should go for it.....

Otherwise, stay......his family is very wealthy (they live beachfront in the OC (Orange County))......

Would be sad for Hawaii......BUT....Hawaii has Tyler Graunke who was the starter last year and is VERY GOOD......and this guy is a fucking punk who would bring some serious attitude to Hawaii's team.....

Aztec4Life said:
Who would you rather have as the starter, HG?...

:shake:

No doubt Brennan.....proven commodity......

I just dont think the drop off is tooo bad with Graunke........Graunke is actually a much better scrambler.....coming from an Option team in High School.....

He will battle Troy for the #2 qb, unless Brohm and Russel leave early as well. Isnt colt older than most juniors.. like 24 or so??

JumpOnBoard said:
This is the year if you're a QB to leave early...the class in unbelievably weak by scout's standards..

I agree, and I dont think Troy SMith (who i love) is even in the mix.....his stock is falling like a rock with his height issues.......a Drew Brees is very hard to come by at 5 ft 11 in........

Troy smith's stock is dropping because of his height? Where did you read that.. hes been the same height his whole career.. why would it all of a sudden drop? I actually heard hes going up, and i wouldnt be suprised to see cleveland take him

Hawaiiguy said:
I agree, and I dont think Troy SMith (who i love) is even in the mix.....his stock is falling like a rock with his height issues.......a Drew Brees is very hard to come by at 5 ft 11 in........

I don't think his stock is falling at all really..his height concerns have always been there...his stock has been rising actually..he's never been a guy high on a board to be able to drop.

Insiders have had him 3rd round, then 2nd round...now you're seeing some late first rounds pop up..

He has a high release, and that somewhat counteracts the 6'0 or 5'11 or whatever he'll measure out at..

Drew Brees comparisons are helping him now...

abcs said:
Troy smith's stock is dropping because of his height? Where did you read that.. hes been the same height his whole career.. why would it all of a sudden drop? I actually heard hes going up, and i wouldnt be suprised to see cleveland take him

I could be mistaken.....but i listen to ESPN radio every morning and i know Mel Kiper was saying he isnt close to 6ft 1in.....and he made comments that many NFL teams will be turned off by that.....

But, yeah, Troy Smith is no doubt a stud.......but you guys know the NFL....when was the last time a 5 ft 11 inch QB was on everyone's "want" list?

Hawaiiguy said:
I could be mistaken.....but i listen to ESPN radio every morning and i know Mel Kiper was saying he isnt close to 6ft 1in.....and he made comments that many NFL teams will be turned off by that.....

But, yeah, Troy Smith is no doubt a stud.......but you guys know the NFL....when was the last time a 5 ft 11 in QB wa on everyone's "want" list?

he's not 6'1....my buddy is field crew at tOSU and he's 6'2 and he said he's 5'11 1/2 he thinks..

You could see him beside Quinn during show Sat and he's short...but he's just debuted on Kiper's big board this week for the first time..

The point is his heighth was the knock on him coming into the year and all year as far as draft was considered..

They've been out there forever ...

The question will be how much teams measure height vs intangibles..

And w/ a weak QB class, intangibles will get a nice hard, strong look by many clubs...esp considering how many teams need a QB.

colt_jag.jpg

abcs said:

Cleveland wont take him. They will be looking for linemen, or to trade for a pro bowl veteran, or to trade down for more picks. They wont waste the first pick on Smith.

Smith couldnt do anything with the current line problems that would have killed Joe Montana this year. :shake:

Back