February Discussion Thread...

Far as fat boy Zion goes I assumed we might not ever see him in a Pels uni again, def not this year while he laying on the couch eating entire pizzas and washing them down with 2 liters of coke, or “rehabbing” as he calls it!!

I didht realize they had a good enough record to compete for the play in game? How does this play in bull shit even work? The 7-10 spots play in it? I suppose if that correct they in as the 10 seed with a 21-32 record as we speak! we can talk about what redic trash it is to give the 9-10 place teams a chance to get into playoffs later. So guess you are correct, this move was made to solidify the 10th spot!! Lol
Had to look up the format again for play in, thought it was just for the Covid seasons but guess not.

7 (home) v 8, winner of that game is in as 7 seed, loser moves to a home game next

9 (home) v 10, winner goes on the road to above loser for a game for 8 seed, loser is out

7/8 seeds need to win 1 game and will have at least one at home, 9/10 seeds need to win 2 games and at least one will be a road game

Memphis Clippers

Few others had potential but trades will reduce the rosters for a few days.
If there is any team that can withstand roster moves it's Memphis. Don't they have 16 guys that could have made the 12-man roster?

If there is any team that can withstand roster moves it's Memphis. Don't they have 16 guys that could have made the 12-man roster?
Memphis made a trade?

I was referencing Sac, IND and Nola.

Memphis made a trade?

I was referencing Sac, IND and Nola.
Not that I'm aware, figure there will be several teams with deficiencies the next few days. Had no clue you were being team specific Weeno

Far as fat boy Zion goes I assumed we might not ever see him in a Pels uni again, def not this year while he laying on the couch eating entire pizzas and washing them down with 2 liters of coke, or “rehabbing” as he calls it!!

I didht realize they had a good enough record to compete for the play in game? How does this play in bull shit even work? The 7-10 spots play in it? I suppose if that correct they in as the 10 seed with a 21-32 record as we speak! we can talk about what redic trash it is to give the 9-10 place teams a chance to get into playoffs later. So guess you are correct, this move was made to solidify the 10th spot!! Lol
Yea this helps. Small franchise, play in is big for Pels.

Young team, nice pieces. And yea. Zion, whatever. He can leave for all I care

Art Rooney says if the Steelers make the playoffs its considered a successful season, even if you get shit-stomped in the playoffs. Go figure. I guess having relevance draws eyeballs, which usually means $. So yeah the Pels are all-in on 2022. And really, what did they give up? NAW wasn't going to be the answer. Hart's a nice piece but replaceable, they can keep rolling out Hayes at 4, Herb Jones at 3, let Nance and Snell eat some minutes, and have a Portland-like lineup with JVal in the Nurkic spot, CJ takes the Dame role, and Ingram takes the CJ 2 spot. Not a bad lineup, should beat bottom half teams and occasionally scare a top half team.
If they can somehow get the 9 seed, one home game is a lot of revenue. Make it into the real bracket and there are two more home games...concession revenue for playoff games has to be sky high with likely sell out for a team like NO

Art Rooney says if the Steelers make the playoffs its considered a successful season, even if you get shit-stomped in the playoffs. Go figure. I guess having relevance draws eyeballs, which usually means $. So yeah the Pels are all-in on 2022. And really, what did they give up? NAW wasn't going to be the answer. Hart's a nice piece but replaceable, they can keep rolling out Hayes at 4, Herb Jones at 3, let Nance and Snell eat some minutes, and have a Portland-like lineup with JVal in the Nurkic spot, CJ takes the Dame role, and Ingram takes the CJ 2 spot. Not a bad lineup, should beat bottom half teams and occasionally scare a top half team.

I hadn’t even seen what they gave up. I just saw at bottom of screen CJ was going to Pels. I’m sure it a big deal to go to playoffs, especially with a team that has had all the problems they have 1st losing AD and now the Zion situation. I just didn’t realize they had any chance to make it in being 11 games below .500! Forgot bout basically the entire league getting in now!! Crazy, I’ve always said reg season was meaningless since pretty much the entire league gets into playoffs, that was before the play in!! lol.

The clip/Griz @B.A.R. Mentioned or maybe kings/twolves. I don’t play many totals so don’t take me too serious! lol
Like Reno said, Sac w/o Haliburton and Buddy is a big deal for points I believe, tough to count on replacing those points tonight

Quick #NBA trends:

BOS: 5-0 ATS in 1Q in last 5 games.

LAL: 0-3 ATS in 1H in last 3 games.

MEM: 7-3 ATS in 1H in last 10 games. MEM has won 1Q in each of its last 6 wins.

Like Reno said, Sac w/o Haliburton and Buddy is a big deal for points I believe, tough to count on replacing those points tonight

Did they get traded or just out? I havnt had time to look into stuff today. Def wouldn’t play that over without them,

Tough to pull the trigger early as trade deadline approaches

Glad I got Boston and nugs this morning but yea. Since I don’t even know what happened all day that gonna be it for me, I don’t have time to figure it all out and go back. Lol

Quick #NBA trends:

BOS: 5-0 ATS in 1Q in last 5 games.

LAL: 0-3 ATS in 1H in last 3 games.

MEM: 7-3 ATS in 1H in last 10 games. MEM has won 1Q in each of its last 6 wins.

I was looking at griz last night, they really havnt lost to hardly anyone but top teams the last 2 months! They have only lost 4 games each in December and January, they had a 2 game stretch in December where they lost b2b to blazers and okc where they didn’t have Ja, other than those 2 games they have lost 3 of them to mavs (that 5 their 8 losses), Then losses to GS, Philly, And milw. Few of those I believe they were really short handed like without Ja against the bad teams, missing guys in the others as well. They been really good, I wanted to play clippers tonight, still think it too many points with Powell and Covington infusing some energy, it just tough to pull trigger against griz!

The next few mins in Philly determine this game

A suns run and we get a late battle...

Sixers keep adding to lead I can see Suns resting and getting ready to go home for Milwaukee in the rematch.

28-2 start for Boston

Lol. Damn. I been watching Olympics tonight and didn’t even check scores til now. I see C’s rolled but didn’t notice that start. Now just need nugs to finish Knicks off for a 2-0 night plus 2 more tickets needing rams ml to close out!

Look at nets starters. 21 total points and the plus/minuses In the -30s and -40s lol. Patty mills was -47 on the night!

How strange is it twolves play kings again 2marro at same place? Don’t see that very often b2b days do we?

How strange is it twolves play kings again 2marro at same place? Don’t see that very often b2b days do we?
Last year they did but most of the time there was a day off between games even though at the same place I think

Dang. Think I was right bout the twolves game going over. Oh well, I’ll take 2-0, can’t be scared of favs in NBA, they been clowning lately!

Just a shitty team.

Dunno wtf bron was thinking giving up some solid players to add westbrick? Mfer never been much of a gm, his ability has mostly just been able to mask that! It one thing to just not fit together on offensive end as we all knew they didn’t min the trade was announced but how pathetic they are defensively is sickening, that mostly just effort or lack thereof.

Don’t often see twolves score that much with Edwards only scoring 5! Maybe that the way to attack the rematch 2marro, Edwards props?

Don’t often see twolves score that much with Edwards only scoring 5! Maybe that the way to attack the rematch 2marro, Edwards props?
Complete layoff on props for him until he puts 3-4 games consistently together

Back