February Discussion Thread...

Seems like betting these games straight is harder and harder.

No wonder everyone goes props and lives

For a straight bet, both the leading scorers for the Spurs are out tonight, and they are coming off a 2OT win against the Wiz, and are now on the road to Miami. I know Miami is on the back end of their own B2B against the Knicks, but hard to see the Spurs doing much here.

For a straight bet, both the leading scorers for the Spurs are out tonight, and they are coming off a 2OT win against the Wiz, and are now on the road to Miami. I know Miami is on the back end of their own B2B against the Knicks, but hard to see the Spurs doing much here.
How do you want to play it? Minimal effort and bunch of layups or just lacking in scoring?

Sounds like a terrible way to waste a Sat night as a fan in Miami though

I’m thinking Miami 1H KJ. The full game is too expensive, but I think the better team prevails over the course of the game. And there are always better ways to spend the night in Miami, so if this hits, a fan could leave at halftime lol.

Went ahead and took Philly tomorrow against the Knicks. The Knicks play hard, but ultimately faded against Miami, which was in a similar spot with a similar line.

Finally NBA season with the ABC double headers followed by ESPN double headers on Sunday.

Should have spring training going on, too. Shame.

Finally NBA season with the ABC double headers followed by ESPN double headers on Sunday.

Should have spring training going on, too. Shame.
Crazy it's virtually impossible to get hotel rooms last minute here in March and the room dumps because no Spring Training is a huge deal. Rooms all over. Usually you'd have to pay $300+ for a Motel 6 in a pinch but with teams canceling it's brutal on the industry (many house the players for the month)

Anything lighting the candle today?

Gotta run to the store before the Suns match, in an hour. Sundays are difficult in the NBA for me. Need a couple double double types

Anything lighting the candle today?

Gotta run to the store before the Suns match, in an hour. Sundays are difficult in the NBA for me. Need a couple double double types

This matchup tonight is made for Giannis to go HAM but they not playing with his totals tonight, freaking 50.5 for “par”, 44.5 points/boards, 32.5 points, 12.5 reb, even 6.5 on assist. Hard for me to play any those numbers but i think he smashes them! Biggest problem with them being so high is the 10 point spread, gotta have him logging 35+ min to feel good bout them. Feels like a game bucks lay a beat down. Maybe just bucks 1st qrtr? -3.5 a lot for quarter but if they gonna lay a beat down it usually starts early with them. Bucks dropped b2b games to char last month, between that And losing 4 of 5 should be a step on the gas game.

Reactions: KJ
This matchup is made for Giannis to go HAM but they not playing with his totals tonight, freaking 50.5 for “par”, 44.5 points/boards, 32.5 points, 12.5 reb, even 6.5 on assist. Hard for me to play any those numbers but i think he smashes them! Biggest problem with them being so high is the 10 point spread, gotta have him logging 35+ min to feel good bout them. Feels like a game bucks lay a beat down. Maybe just bucks 1st qrtr? -3.5 a lot for quarter but if they gonna lay a beat down it usually starts early with them.
Not a fan of playing two guys on same team but think Coby White points is light by a bucket at least and going to do DeMar p/a/r, think Lavine being back helps that number hover around 40

Not a fan of playing two guys on same team but think Coby White points is light by a bucket at least and going to do DeMar p/a/r, think Lavine being back helps that number hover around 40

They got DeRozen points juiced to -140 over 29.5, that weak, I rather they went up a point than pay that juice. Dude On 10 straight clearing that number, he pretty much been a auto play for me over points but don’t like the idea of the juice. I havnt did anything but points with him, he been right around 9-10 reb/assist during this stretch, last few w Lavine back, I don’t see lot of reason to go anything but points with him:

They got DeRozen points juiced to -140 over 29.5, that weak, I rather they went up a point than pay that juice. Dude On 10 straight clearing that number, he pretty much been a auto play for me over points but don’t like the idea of the juice. I havnt did anything but points with him, he been right around 9-10 reb/assist during this stretch, last few w Lavine back, I don’t see lot of reason to go anything but points with him:
Just nice to have the cushion in case Lavine goes off, several of those assists will likely go to him. Really haven't paid attention to how much Lavine's been shooting from the outside since the injury but long boards are in play with him too

Just nice to have the cushion in case Lavine goes off, several of those assists will likely go to him. Really haven't paid attention to how much Lavine's been shooting from the outside since the injury but long boards are in play with him too

I didn’t have any time to do much in way of looking at numbers today, actually went out and got a freaking job ready to poor some concrete 2marro. I assume heat a strong rebounding team but couldn’t think of off top my head. I mean if he keep scoring the way he been if he continues with 8-10 boards/dimes he outta smoke 40.5. I’ve just grown used to only playing his points. Why screw with a good thing till the steak stops way I’m looking at it.

Griz 1st qrtr or half maybe?

I def wanna play cavs as dogs or their team total over 107.5 against twolves weak d! Only problem cavs ain’t been clicking offensively, that is redic low for a team playing minny tho! They have given up way more than that in 9 of their 11 games this month!

Reactions: KJ
Cavs missing guys, what up with garland and Levert? Shit, neither playing, that explains why they ain’t been scoring. That changes my thoughts on tonight. They just don’t have the offensive firepower to overcome both those guys out. That sucks

No FVV Would normally mean Trent in some way or another but he hasn’t been in good form. Plus I dunno whether FVV playing or not?

Jesus, raptors managed all of 93 points out the break against Charlotte?!? Then back that up with 100 vs hawks following night? Im glad I decided to wait a few games after break! Lol

Their offense started skidding before the break, surely that not gonna continue, mentally checked out a bit?

Jesus, raptors managed all of 93 points out the break against Charlotte?!? Then back that up with 100 vs hawks following night? Im glad I decided to wait a few games after break! Lol

Their offense started skidding before the break, surely that not gonna continue, mentally checked out a bit?

4th and 7th they went 125 and 116 against those same 2 teams!

Dunno why Giddy didn’t play last game? So only 1 game sample since SGA returned but seems like it could impact his numbers? Not like scoring his bread and butter anyways but im assuming SGA back takes the ball out of Giddey’s hands some? SGA has been Uber aggressive since his return! If Giddey is out think I would want SGA over 40.5 par

Not shocking, they are the most pace/rhythm oriented team in the league so that week off probably hurt them the most

As I mentioned they were struggling going in so maybe a bit of mentally checked out early? Now the question is when do they pick it back up? You would think a game vs nets g-league squad outta do the trick but maybe not if FVV sits? Not like they were facing slow paced defensive teams the last 2! Lol. Maybe better to wait till we see it from them? I’d say fade but that mean backing nets at Home, no thanks, lol.

Sure doesn’t feel like nets won many home games since kd got hurt. Of course they havnt played many of late and they ain’t won many games anywhere lately! 3-13 going back into last month! Then again they have looked slightly better since the trade.

I don’t get the white number, almost scary isn’t it? Heat do hold pg’s to some the lowest fantasy production in league. He averages over 13 a game while averaging lot fewer minutes than he been playing of late! He has cleared 13 points in 8 of last 9, only exception was out the break where he only played 19 min while in foul trouble! 24-5 over this point total last 29 games! Something crazy bout that! How can ya not play I guess?

Back