Fantasy Football League #2 (2020-21)

League
- Tentative draft date is Thu Aug 27 9:00pm EDT Draft date is obviously flexible, but haven't seen any objections to what I put out there. I know it's 2 weeks before the season, but I'm sure we all have other leagues to schedule around.

- LeagueSafe will be setup soon. Link to come. Dues of $75 in by opening game on Thursday, 9/10.

Settings
- Added 2 bench positions and 1 IR position.

- Changed the 2 flex positions from RB/WR to RB/WR/TE

- Enabled the New Yahoo setting reNew brought up- Fractional Pts for FG Yards Per Point. So now total field goal yards are added up to assign points. When using this setting, the Fractional Points setting for your league is factored in to determine the total points awarded for field goals. When Fractional Points are enabled, yards per point are used to calculate the score. For example, when using 10 yards per 1 point, a 19-yard field goal would result in 1.9 points.)

1 Yard = 1 Point. You will still lose -1 point for all FGs missed under 49 yards.

COVID
I like what the_truth posted, my other league is doing something very similar. If there are any other suggestions/concerns/clarifications we need to hash out, please bring them up.
- If less than 7 games are played and the NFL season is cancelled, the ff season is void and all money is returned through LeagueSafe.

- If 7 or more games are played (NFL week 7 complete), but our fantasy playoffs are not completed, the top three seeds (who had not lost a playoff game) will be awarded 1st, 2nd and 3rd respectively.

anything else..... ?

Well... pending weather/power outages I’m in for that time. Probably would prefer Friday or weekend to play it safe.

If power goes out during Hurricane Marco and Hurricane Laura is close enough behind then likely crews won’t be able to get power back on until after Hurricane Laura

Latest update is that Laura will go further west, closer to the Louisiana Texas border

Last edited:
Well... pending weather/power outages I’m in for that time. Probably would prefer Friday or weekend to play it safe.

If power goes out during Hurricane Marco and Hurricane Laura is close enough behind then likely crews won’t be able to get power back on until after Hurricane Laura

Latest update is that Laura will go further west, closer to the Louisiana Texas border
Sounds good! Hopefully everything goes ok

can someone explain the FG fractional points thing to me like i'm 5?

31 yard fg miss = -1
31 yard fg make = 3.1 pts?

When using this setting, the Fractional Points setting for your league is factored in to determine the total points awarded for field goals.

When Fractional Points are enabled, yards per point are used to calculate the score. For example, when using 10 yards per 1 point, a 19-yard field goal would result in 1.9 points.

When Fractional Points are disabled, field goal total yards are rounded down, as with other scoring stats. For example, two 24-yard field goals would result in 4 points (48 yards, rounds down to 4 points), but three 24 yard-field goals would be 7 points (72 yards, rounds down to 7 points).

Capture.PNG

Did some digging on reddit.

Missed FGs aren’t included for fractional scoring which seems like an easy fix for yahoo... not sure why they don’t fix it

479E8D07-A5EE-48E3-9B17-04F92A5B1325.png

I think we’ve only ever established the draft order once in advance - tied to people sending their buy-ins or not right?

Also will league safe refund the buy-in if the season isn’t played out?

I think we’ve only ever established the draft order once in advance - tied to people sending their buy-ins or not right?

Also will league safe refund the buy-in if the season isn’t played out?

i think the owner has to do this, but i've got some money hanging in there from canceled contests

Is the League Safe setup yet? I don't see it on the site. Got my canceled baseball money ready to send in.

draft order:

Round 1
1.--empty--FL Fighting ...
2.--empty--T-Squared
3.--empty--GWarner27
4.--empty--the real deal
5.--empty--cubsker
6.--empty--Western Dist...
7.--empty--Shack's Dirt...
8.--empty--THE TRUTH
9.--empty--Black Mambas
10.--empty--gsro
11.--empty--Titties and ...
12.--empty--renew

Question on our waiver rules: Team X makes one of the last FA pickups last week (Sun. night), is in first place in the standings this week, yet picks up one of the top waiver targets, Mike Davis, last night. I'm not looking for a fight, I'm just am confused on how it works, since I put in for Davis, too, and am well down the list from Team X. I was not awarded anyone. What am I missing? Thanks.

Now I see that Mo Alie-Cox was picked up when waivers ran last night, was dropped six minutes later, and has been picked up again this morning. What happened to the waiting period when someone is dropped?

Waiver Time:​
2 days
Waiver Type:​
Continual rolling list
Weekly Waivers​
Game Time - Tuesday

so i went and looked and we are using the waiver option of Continual Rolling List

this is been the same waiver option every year since we started this league. here are the details of that option.

• Managers are ranked from high to low to determine who wins a waiver claim.
  • The initial priority rank is determined by the league's draft:
    • Live and Autopick Drafts - The last draft position gets 1st rank.
    • Offline Drafts - The last to register gets 1st rank.
  • Every time a manager's claim is successful, they drop to the bottom of the priority list.
  • The priority list is never reset.

Now I see that Mo Alie-Cox was picked up when waivers ran last night, was dropped six minutes later, and has been picked up again this morning. What happened to the waiting period when someone is dropped?

Waiver Time:​
2 days
Waiver Type:​
Continual rolling list
Weekly Waivers​
Game Time - Tuesday
not sure how this one worked... anybody have a thought? here are the details on the weekly waivers option

Game Time: All unowned players will be placed on waivers at the scheduled start time of their game. In Game Time Waivers, players on a bye week will be placed on waivers Monday night at 5:30pm pacific time.

So Team X picked up a player Sunday night, should he have not moved to the bottom of the list for the Tuesday night waiver process? Unless it's because the player he picked up was a free agent and didn't count against waiver priority?
  • Every time a manager's claim is successful, they drop to the bottom of the priority list.

yes, after the waiver period runs everyone is a free agent. picking up a free agent does not move you to the bottom of the waiver priority list.

So Team X was first in the waiver order based on draft position and preceding waiver moves, of which he must not have made any (does not count free agent players)?

I prefer the reverse order of standings each week, which is far more common, and maybe we can look at going to that next year after a league vote.

Back to this year, players who are dropped should be waiver players, should they not? But that doesn't explain why some are designated free agents the minute they're dropped and available to be picked up by anyone. That's the case with Mo Alie-Cox, it appears.

Looks like Mo Cox was a FA when he was picked up and then immediately released 6 minutes later. That player shouldn't go on waivers since he already cleared waivers this week. Otherwise, I could go through and claim every player and drop them immediately and then there would be no one you could pick up without going through the waiver process.

Back