Fantasy Football League #2 (2023-24)

Curious how other people feel about players who have been eliminated from earning any kind of prize working the waiver wire. Those who did not make the semifinals in our league have nothing to play for -- we pay the top three and there is no penalty for finishing last. I'm just not a fan of franchises with nothing at stake grabbing players who could potentially help those still alive. Granted, there's no rule against adding/dropping players at that point, but it's a pet peeve of mine. Is there a rationale for this I'm missing?

I've had leagues where guys in consolation brackets have made head-to-head bets on their matchup and so they made moves to help their team, so I try not to judge blindly on it. That said I tend to not make transactions if I'm eliminated from a chance to win a league prize.

So know ahead of time that when I lose this week I will still be active next week trying to nail down that third place prize ;)

It looks like our guy in this league didn't make the moves until this morning post waivers, so in that respect we all had an opportunity to act first. Understanding there are legitimate reasons for a contender to hold off on a move until end of week (like waiting for an injured player to be eligible for IR) that could've been impacted.

I've had leagues where guys in consolation brackets have made head-to-head bets on their matchup and so they made moves to help their team, so I try not to judge blindly on it. That said I tend to not make transactions if I'm eliminated from a chance to win a league prize.

So know ahead of time that when I lose this week I will still be active next week trying to nail down that third place prize ;)

It looks like our guy in this league didn't make the moves until this morning post waivers, so in that respect we all had an opportunity to act first. Understanding there are legitimate reasons for a contender to hold off on a move until end of week (like waiting for an injured player to be eligible for IR) that could've been impacted.
Yeah, that's the only thing I could think of after I posted, is that there could be side bets among others. I did check to see that he picked up free agents, not waiver players, but those players could still be important next week to those playing for something. When I'm out, I make it a point to step aside and let those still playing for something duke it out.

And I'm with you on still swinging next week. Got another tough one this week.

I have the setting to 'lock eliminated teams'.

However that doesn't lock out enough as we have consolation bracket and those teams technically aren't eliminated and can still add/drop.

I think we would have to change our playoff setting to not play consolation games for that setting to work.

Inspekdah was fully deserving, he was just too tough down the stretch.....won his last five of the regular season (and 9 out of 10) averaging 142 points/game to win the regular season. Caught a favorable matchup to win the semi on a subpar week and then bounced back in the championship riding the monster Lamb game to grab the early lead. I poked my head back in front after the 1:00 pm games thanks to old man James Conner, backup TE Likely and future QB castoff Fields, but Isaiah Pacheco's big afternoon put him over the top. I needed Ty Chandler in the capper to replicate his week 15 twenty-point game against the Packers but O'Connell abandoned all hope of being competitive by going with a rookie QB in the first half.

Congratulations! I do enjoy the irony that you won the 'ship largely on the back of a Cowboy and a Chief lol.

It was a great year overall, thanks Mogo for running the show! I'll second @aplous on the runback.

I think I’m back. Caveat draft probably needs to be at 9pm central or later for me.

Just had a newborn and our 3.5 year old can be a menace at 8:30 bedtime.

Back