Fantasy Football League #2 (2020-21)

mogo

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Fantasy Football League #2 coming back for another year (i hope).... another year, another season, however this one should be wild and unpredictable.... strap in!!!

League #2 Yahoo Login

$75.00 buy-in, 12-person league, settings from last year rolling over. league dues of $75.00 will need paid before the opening game in Week 1. anybody not paid by then will have their roster frozen until they pay.

you all should have received a league renewal email, so please login to the league and confirm everything looks correct. i will set up the LeagueSafe in a few weeks to allow everybody to respond.

please post in this thread if you will, or will not be returning. i would like confirmation from everybody. who's back for another year?

last year's standings:
1st renew
2nd cubsker
3rd Titties and Beer
4th GWarner27
5th gsro
6th THE TRUTH

Tentative draft date is Thu Aug 27 9:00pm EDT

payouts:
1-$500
2-$250
3-$150

1. the real deal = @mogo
  2. gsro = @gsro
  3. FL Fighting Amish = @madshooter
  4. THE TRUTH = @thetruth
  5. T-Squared = @T-Squared
  6. renew = @reNew Orleans
  7. Titties and Beer = @ISU74
  8. Western District Way = @aplous
  9. GWarner27 = @GWarner27
  10. cubsker = @cubsker
  11. Black Mambas = @Throwback420
  12. Shack's Dirty Birds = @AtlHawks

Last edited:
In

1) Are we going to address rosters construction for COVID? (Expanded roster or IR)
2) I can’t draft Friday August 21st. Have a draft then.

Thinking we would have to expand our bench for sure.

What others options do we have that can be considered?

Thinking we would have to expand our bench for sure.

What others options do we have that can be considered?
Don’t know if it’s possible, but maybe we expand the draft and keep a pool of players each like taxi squads and you can promote as the news goes. One problem might be that we could hoard players. Has Yahoo offered a solution?

I’m asking my other friends who are in keeper leagues what they are doing to accommodate. I’ll report back anything that is worth while.

Don’t know if it’s possible, but maybe we expand the draft and keep a pool of players each like taxi squads and you can promote as the news goes. One problem might be that we could hoard players. Has Yahoo offered a solution?

expanded rosters would be our own taxi squad. Draft might be long but i echo @aplous sentiments although he doesn't have teeth

I don’t think yahoo has offered much of a solution for Covid from what I could tell.

In my keeper league we just added 1 IR spot but most owners didn’t want to over complicate things.

Im good with whatever, but happens if a team pulls a marlins and they somehow lose a good chunk of their roster in a short period of time? Not that the probability is super high, but it could happen.

Im good with whatever, but happens if a team pulls a marlins and they somehow lose a good chunk of their roster in a short period of time? Not that the probability is super high, but it could happen.

Add a couple roster spots and and IR spot or 2 and we’re good

Add a couple roster spots and and IR spot or 2 and we’re good
Think that's going to be our route this year. We've traditionally had less bench spots to make things competitive, but it just doesn't make sense this year. We are all going to need a couple extra spots.

we are looking for 1-2 new users who want to join this year.... anybody interested?

Are we going to fractional FG pts for yardage?

Yahoo had enough time to come up with that change but not Covid

Ignore the idp stats - it’s my home league

2290DD8C-9F77-419D-B1C6-E00B20B026E2.png

Still looking for 1-2 new people to join...

will look into any changes this week when I'm home

ok i will start getting this together tomorrow and this weekend. we stillnneed at least more person....

Good with the IR spots.

we need a covid policy as well.

I instituted this in my other leagues:

COVID-19 Plan:
- if less than 7 (since that about half of a fantasy season) games are played, the season is void and all money is returned (minus the fee for the service).

- If 7 or more games are played, but our fantasy playoffs are not completed, the top three seeds (who had not lost a playoff game) will be awarded 1st, 2nd and 3rd respectively.

Good with the IR spots.

we need a covid policy as well.

I instituted this in my other leagues:

COVID-19 Plan:
- if less than 7 (since that about half of a fantasy season) games are played, the season is void and all money is returned (minus the fee for the service).

- If 7 or more games are played, but our fantasy playoffs are not completed, the top three seeds (who had not lost a playoff game) will be awarded 1st, 2nd and 3rd respectively.
Good notes.

ffenseLeague ValueYahoo Default Value
Passing Yards25 yards per point; 3 points at 300 yards
Passing Touchdowns4
Interceptions-1
Rushing Yards10 yards per point; 3 points at 100 yards; 3 points at 200 yards
Rushing Touchdowns6
Receptions0.5
Receiving Yards10 yards per point; 3 points at 100 yards; 3 points at 200 yards
Receiving Touchdowns6
Return Touchdowns6
2-Point Conversions2
Fumbles Lost
Yahoo Default
-1-2
Offensive Fumble Return TD6
KickersLeague ValueYahoo Default Value
Field Goals 0-19 Yards3
Field Goals 20-29 Yards3
Field Goals 30-39 Yards3
Field Goals 40-49 Yards4
Field Goals 50+ Yards5
Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards
Yahoo Default
Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards
Yahoo Default
Field Goals Missed 30-39 Yards
Yahoo Default
Field Goals Missed 40-49 Yards
Yahoo Default
Field Goals Missed 50+ Yards0
Point After Attempt Made1
Point After Attempt Missed
Yahoo Default
Defense/Special TeamsLeague ValueYahoo Default Value
Sack1
Interception
Yahoo Default
Fumble Recovery
Yahoo Default
Touchdown6
Safety2
Block Kick2
Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns6
Points Allowed 0 points
Yahoo Default
Points Allowed 1-6 points
Yahoo Default
Points Allowed 7-13 points
Yahoo Default
Points Allowed 14-20 points1
Extra Point Returned2

Sounds like there’s a lot of interest from a couple of people for the final spot so please let one of them have it.

Back