ESPN Handicapper Picks--Week 7

TahoeLegend

Pretty much a regular
Greg McElroy's picks are in and all the D-League picks are in. Stanford Steve picks three games each week for Daily Wager. They are usually three of his official picks from the podcast, but not always. I listed them and will correct them after I see his podcast picks

Stanford Steve— Week 7 (0-0) Season (17-14) Best Bet (3-2) 2020 Season (32-27)
Arkansas/Auburn u 54
Florida -11x
Army +14
UCLA +2
Arizona St pick

Greg McElroy Week 7 (0-0) Season (10-8)
Wisconsin -14
Cal +14x
Vandy +18

The Bear— Week 7 (0-0) Season (13-16) 2020 Season (25-21)
TCU +13
Nebraska -4
BC +3
Bank Picks— Week 7 (0-0) (9-9)
Indiana +4
BC +3
UCLA +2

Phil Steele-- Week 7 (0-0) Season (24-20) 2020 Season (27-40)
La Tech -6x
Colorado St -11x
UConn +3
BC +3
Miss St +17
Texas A&M -9
Texas -4
New Hampshire 0

Scott Van Pelt— Week 7 (0-0) Season (21-19) 2020 Season (42-39)
Purdue +11x
Indiana +4x
Northwestern +2
Auburn +5
LSU +11x
Missouri +10

Colin Cowherd Blazing Five— Week 6 (0-0) Season (13-18) 2020 Season (35-37)
Balt (-2')
Det (+3')
Clev (-3')
NE (+3')
Pitt (-5')

My Picks— Week 7 (0-0) Season (21-13) 2020 Season (48-31)
Michigan St -3
Syracuse +14
Oklahoma -12 (counting on Williams to start)
Tennessee +3
Michigan St ML
Kansas St +7
Oklahoma ML (-520) (just in case Riley decides to go with Rattler)
Strong lean Baylor, lean BC (waiting to hear what 2dBank has to say), Kansas St, Oklahoma St, Tennessee, UCLA, slight lean Kentucky, Arkansas, Army,

Gameday Super Dog Pick- Season Record
Desmond— Miami Fla+7.5 5-1
Lee—Kansas St +6x 4-1-1
Reece—Purdue +11x 4-2
Kirk—Miami Fla +7x 3-3
David—BYU +5 3-3

Last edited:
ML DOG PICKERS:
Pamela Maldonado
Week 7 (0-0) Season (10-10)

Bill Trocci— Week 7 (0-0) Season (8-10)

Syracuse
BYU
BC

Bill Bender-- Week 7 (0-0) Season (7-11)
BC
UCLA
V Tech

Last edited:
ESPN D-League Pickers:

Bill Connelly
—Season 16-12
Florida -10.5
South Carolina -18.5
Tennessee +3
Tenn/Ole Miss u 82
BC +3

Tyler Fulghum
—Season 8-6
Cincinnati -20.5
Texas A&M -8.5
Texas Tech -16.5

David M. Hale—Season 9-9
Clemson -14
BYU +6

Doug Kezirian—Season 14-15
Auburn +3.5
Pitt -4.5
Pitt team total o 30.5

Joe Fortenbaugh—Season 11-13
Syracuse at +14.5 or better
Ohio +9.5
Georgia/Kentucky U 44.5
Army/Wisconsin U 39.5

Joey and Jesse Virtual Locks
Joey Week 7 (0-0) Season (4-7)
2020 Season (14-12)

Matt Week 7 (0-0) Season (4-7) No 2020 Season

Added Stanford Steve and Bear picks

Added Michigan St ML and Tennessee +3

In LA and heading out to the Rolling Stones concert so my concentration is minimal. I'll try and concentrate tomorrow

Last edited:
Stones concert report?

I still can't believe Mick going out for a beer in a Charlotte dive a couple weeks back and no one noticed him.
QTM43A2NWFD5TJ7ZPDMPEWWZZE.jpg

Late start to week for me. Busy week plus I needed few days to lick my wounds after last weeks disaster! Thought I had started to get rolling then that happened! Makes me feel almost puke when I think about how many unders I had that looked so good after a quarter or even half (Michigan game!).

Still Dunno how byu got dominated at the LOS and Jesus Christ what a shit show by their coach! They could have easily been in position to tie game if this moron would have simply took all the fgs they could have had instead of continually going for it on 4th down!! Like wtf was he thinking down 13?!?!!?!! Not as if they wernt getting enough possessions to kick 2 Fgs and then score a game tying td! The rain obviously flipped that game on its head, once it started in 2nd qrtr forget the fact hall couldn’t throw, they couldn’t hold on to the damn ball just handing boise free points!! Even with that it doesn’t excuse how a boise team who hasn’t been able to run or stop the run against anyone all a sudden dominated the trenches! Or the terrible coaching decisions!! Just sick! Anyways i just had to get that off my chest! Onward and upward!!

is it just me or has Steve and bears podcast really went downhill? I used to love it, they had some weeks that wernt all that great but now it has flipped and it now rare we get a good show as crap the norm! You guys need to pick your game up! This just been lazy!!

I dunno if ya’ll listen to many podcast? If so I would suggest one called “Bet the Board”, shockingly very good! Crazy cause ya gotta get over it being the 3rd guy on that fox sports gambling show (Todd Furman I believe? Never liked that show or him on it but imo he fantastic on this pod!). Then ya gotta get over the other guys name being “pain insider”, how freaking goofy is that!?!? Lol. Anyways, they have the most awesome intro to the show (you will know what I mean after you hear it), and they do a fantastic job breaking down key things in the game! My only gripe is they don’t do enough games cause I could listen to them do a every game! Not necessarily a lot of plays but fantastic insight into key factors that should decide outcomes!! Best podcast of this nature I have heard, Steve and bear used to be the one I listened to 1st every week, not anymore.

can’t remember a Friday night with such crazy low totals!

I think Clemson defense gonna be a real culture shock to cuse who been playing a bunch of crappy defenses lately! How the hell is Cuse gonna score? They top 15-20 nationally in every rushing category. Tucker over/under is 90.5 rushing yards, he has flew over 100 yards in every game Cept against Rutgers, no coincidence that the only solid defense Cuse has played! Cuse has to get the run game going to have success but I just don’t see it happening here, very interested in Tucker under 90.5 yards. That and Cuse team total under 14.5 are the 2 bets im looking at in this game. Just can’t trust the tigers offense so prefer eliminating them from the equation. Matter a fact I actually think tigers offense sucking makes Cuse tt under more appealing as the defense can’t allow points if they want to win games!! Clemson has held BC, Gtech, and Uga under this number so if Cuse can score more than 14 ill tip my cap.

is it just me or has Steve and bears podcast really went downhill? I used to love it, they had some weeks that wernt all that great but now it has flipped and it now rare we get a good show as crap the norm! You guys need to pick your game up! This just been lazy!!

I dunno if ya’ll listen to many podcast? If so I would suggest one called “Bet the Board”, shockingly very good! Crazy cause ya gotta get over it being the 3rd guy on that fox sports gambling show (Todd Furman I believe? Never liked that show or him on it but imo he fantastic on this pod!). Then ya gotta get over the other guys name being “pain insider”, how freaking goofy is that!?!? Lol. Anyways, they have the most awesome intro to the show (you will know what I mean after you hear it), and they do a fantastic job breaking down key things in the game! My only gripe is they don’t do enough games cause I could listen to them do a every game! Not necessarily a lot of plays but fantastic insight into key factors that should decide outcomes!! Best podcast of this nature I have heard, Steve and bear used to be the one I listened to 1st every week, not anymore.
Been listening to Todd and Payne for like 6 years. By far my fav podcast

I was so high on San Jose st coming into the year, it be easy to say the season went to shit because of Starkel injury but the fact is these guys offense sucked before he got hurt! Really don’t know what happened here? I thought they had this program rolling in the right direction, they dealt with so much (even more than others last year) and overcame it so well, everything pointed to them competing with Nevada for the mountain west thrown this year and it just hasn’t been good, the offense has sputtered (well before starkel injury) and the d looks like they wearing down from carrying the offense. South Utah and New Mexico st the only 2 teams they have managed more than 17 points! That includes games vs Hawaii and western Michigan, not exactly top flight defenses (the travel spot was bad vs w mich but 3 points!???!).

Now they coming up against a Aztec defense that be the best defense they have seen allowing only 15.5 points a game and second in the nation allowing only 3.7 yards per play! Aztecs always do a a good job limiting possessions as they run the ball on almost 69% of their plays which 5th most in country. Obviously not the kind of team ya wanna lay dd with! Normally I would say San Jose st defense would be able to limit Aztecs running game but a mentioned I think they gettin worn down as the offense doesn’t stay on field to give them any breathers! Think this another game where the team total under 14.5 makes a lot of sense. Exciting Friday night looking at couple team totals under 14.5! Lol. Same as Clemson I don’t expect SDst offense to be able to run away which would lead to garbage point concern, don’t see that here.

I'm pretty comfy laying 10 with SDSU, plenty of offense to win by DD and likely a turnover or two for short fields

Of course they haven't been world beaters with that schedule but even beating Utah when the Utes were in desperation mode after BYU showed me enough

Been listening to Todd and Payne for like 6 years. By far my fav podcast

Well damn, why didn’t you clue me in! Lol. I started last year but I generally put them on at night to help me sleep, since I typically start with Steve and bear guess I didn’t pay much attention as id be passing out by time came on, lol. Now they the 1st one I play and I almost always stay awake to hear it all, or I turn back on and listen again if I do fall asleep. As much I disliked Furman on that fox gambling show I was shocked how good this is. They really come with great info! Like I said, only beef I have is I wish it was longer so they did more games!! Far and away best thing I’ve heard gambling related!! They do a great job with nfl also.

All that said I do blame them for me sticking with WVU last week!! All the guys I respect here had me nervous but then the play they give out at end was wvu pointing to lot of stuff I been saying so gave me my confidence I was right on that one back!! Turns out we was wrong!! Lol. Not that I’m really blaming them, just have come to respect their opinion enough when they lined up with me on that game I told myself “I knew I was right snd all the guys here were crazy!”, lmfao

Isn’t their intro to the pod awesome?!! Love the way they cut all those awesome movie lines together amd the song!!

Blazin' 5

Balt (-2') 32-27
Det (+3') 26-23
Clev (-3') 33-26
NE (+3') 24-26
Pitt (-5') 28-20

Damn, In one the pick contest I play I have a damn near identical card, cept I had Philly last night and not pats. Have all the other 4! I’ll most likely switch lions out with another team in my other one, dunno who yet but damn sure not using lions in both! Lol.

Really wish ravens would stop using these dusty old Rb’s and give tayson Williams more run! This the week for them to get their run game back on track against a chargers team who invited you to Gash them on ground! Ravens need to get heathy on the oline but really think the Bigger issue harbaugh insistence on going w these old fucks! I really don’t get it, Williams looked so good week 1!

Well damn, why didn’t you clue me in! Lol. I started last year but I generally put them on at night to help me sleep, since I typically start with Steve and bear guess I didn’t pay much attention as id be passing out by time came on, lol. Now they the 1st one I play and I almost always stay awake to hear it all, or I turn back on and listen again if I do fall asleep. As much I disliked Furman on that fox gambling show I was shocked how good this is. They really come with great info! Like I said, only beef I have is I wish it was longer so they did more games!! Far and away best thing I’ve heard gambling related!! They do a great job with nfl also.

All that said I do blame them for me sticking with WVU last week!! All the guys I respect here had me nervous but then the play they give out at end was wvu pointing to lot of stuff I been saying so gave me my confidence I was right on that one back!! Turns out we was wrong!! Lol. Not that I’m really blaming them, just have come to respect their opinion enough when they lined up with me on that game I told myself “I knew I was right snd all the guys here were crazy!”, lmfao

Isn’t their intro to the pod awesome?!! Love the way they cut all those awesome movie lines together amd the song!!
They’re much stronger in NFL imo. Payne admits he doesn’t spend as much time capping college. I can’t listen to “I got five on it” without immediately thinking of the intro lol...”what do you mean you don’t bet?”

I’m with Bear on BC, i like both these teams but think they practically even on a neutral so getting 3 points at home nice. Hoping Grosel continues to improve and worked on some things during the bye week. Havnt pulled trigger yet as I’m really just starting on card today, lean this way tho.

They’re much stronger in NFL imo. Payne admits he doesn’t spend as much time capping college. I can’t listen to “I got five on it” without immediately thinking of the intro lol...”what do you mean you don’t bet?”

Even if they stronger at nfl I think they do a good job digging into numbers and key factors of the games. They really only give out 1 Ncaa pick each week at end of show (they often hint to which way they leaning on some), i more enjoy the deep dives than actual plays, not as if I’m looking for anyone to give me plays! Lol. They have been really good with that one play tho, like I said they brought up most the things I was saying bout the wvu game so just gave me more false confidence! Lol. Obviously some money agreed with us cause I got +3 and ended up closing close to a pk, lot of good that did!

The nfl deep dives help me a lot in identifying props and dfs plays as they really give some good stuff that anyone with a brain should be able to use to figure out game script to a extent! Where teams should have success doing what.

My old lady always gets mad cause once I hear it I have to sing “I got 5 on it”!! While she trying to sleep!! Lol

Steve and bear used to be the one I listened to 1st every week, not anymore.
It's hard to believe Bear is a serious handicapper any more. He makes some calls that make no sense at all.

I still respect Steve. He has been in the black over a number of years now and is again this year. Not many public handicappers can make that claim. , but even Steve has made some strange calls this year.

I respect him enough I go back and take a long look in any game I see him going against one of my picks

But even Steve has made some strange calls this year. I doubt there is a serious handicapper in the country who laid 31 with Minnesota against Bowling Green a couple of weeks back like he did. It was so out of character for him I thought it must be a typo when I first saw it.

Last edited:
It's hard to believe Bear is a serious handicapper any more. He makes some calls that make no sense at all.

I still respect Steve. He has been in the black over a number of years now and is again this year. Not many public handicappers can make that claim. , but even Steve has made some strange calls this year.

I doubt there is a serious handicapper in the country who would have laid 31 with Minnesota against Bowling Green a couple of weeks back.

I respect him enough I go back and take a long look in any game I see him going against one of my picks

But even Steve has made some strange calls this year. I doubt there is a serious handicapper in the country who laid 31 with Minnesota against Bowling Green a couple of weeks back like he did. It was so out of character for him I thought it must be a typo when I first saw it.

Lol. Yea the gophers -31 has to go down as a all time bad bet! Ive certainly had my share of stinkers but a 31 point fav losing outright is insane!! Not saying I don’t have any respect for Steve, I like him. Just saying the podcast has really went downhill imo. Hardly worth listening to anymore as it just doesn’t have much in way of great info, bunch of fluff most weeks. Like I really want to hear 10 minutes of Bears travel schedule that week!! Lol

Last edited:

I doubt there is a serious handicapper in the country who would have laid 31 with Minnesota against Bowling Green a couple of weeks back.

I don't listen to the podcasts or the wager TV shows like some of you do, but from what I have heard, I can agree with some of Bear's picks. Now, I make picks worthy of criticism as well, but I don't pretend to be "giving out plays" or have some kind of audience or following. I remember Bear picking Troy to beat South Carolina, which is fine. South Carolina is weak, but Troy is weaker, maybe not the upset call I would go on national TV with, but not unreasonable. Then he comes back the next week and takes Georgia Southern against Troy, like, you just thought Troy was good enough to beat South Carolina, now they aren't going to cover as a short home fav and the only reasoning he gave was that Georgia Southern was playing better since the coaching change (which at that point it was just 1 game). Well, that one worked for him, Georgia Southern did cover vs Troy, but it was because of a 21 point comeback in the 2nd H as Troy led 24-3 in the 3rd.

I don't follow anything from Steve other than what you guys post here. Taking Minn-31 vs BG, to me, broke a rule. Never buy high. Min was just off of the dominating win vs Colorado, their perception could never be higher, and the value in taking them could never be lower. Plus it ignored the fact that BG had been playing improved ball and Min only beat another MAC team by 5 just a couple weeks earlier.

But then these guys hit plays that they deserve credit for as well.

I had Oklahoma State circled for this game against Texas several weeks ago, but I expected it to open at +7 or at least +6x. I could still have gotten it at +6 yesterday, but decided to just pass on the game

I really like the Ok State D this year, but they have the strangest second half stats of any team in the country.

They're 5-0 SU, 3-1 ATS, rank 12th in rush D, 18th in total D, 20th in scoring D and are one of the toughest, hardest hitting teams in the county.
But all their success is in the first half.

Two thirds of their scoring and yardage occur in the first half. They've scored a total of 10 points in the second half the last three games combined against real competition, all against Baylor last week when they got late turnovers. And even though they are 8th in the country in time of possession in the second half, they are 121st in second half scoring.

Hard to make any sense out of that, especially since Gundy has long been regarded as an offensive genius. I finally decided to pass, but it still looks to me like they have a real shot at an upset

Tahoe how was the Stones concert
Fantastic. Still the best rock and roll band in the world. Still the greatest showmen in the world.

So good I'm going to stick around LA and see if I can score good tickets for the Sunday show. I started a thread about going to the concert over on the general board and when I have time I'll fill in the details

Last edited:
I had Oklahoma State circled for this game against Texas several weeks ago, but I expected it to open at +7 or at least +6x. I could still have gotten it at +6 yesterday, but decided to just pass on the game

I really like the Ok State D this year, but they have the strangest second half stats of any team in the country.

They're 5-0 SU, 3-1 ATS, rank 12th in rush D, 18th in total D, 20th in scoring D and are one of the toughest, hardest hitting teams in the county.
But all their success is in the first half.

Two thirds of their scoring and yardage occur in the first half. They've scored a total of 10 points in the second half the last three games combined against real competition, all against Baylor last week when they got late turnovers. And even though they are 8th in the country in time of possession in the second half, they are 121st in second half scoring.

Hard to make any sense out of that, especially since Gundy has long been regarded as an offensive genius. I finally decided to pass, but it still looks to me like they have a real shot at an upset

Im not sure how good the d really is just cause they have faced so many crappy offenses. Think I saw pff graded them pretty bad at tackling so kinda surprised to hear you say that. (Not that pff always has it right.). Honestly I Havnt seen them much outside the boise game which was awful from both sides, they seriously had no business winning that game and wouldn’t have if not for a inadvertent whistle. Im def curious to see the defense vs what I think is a really good sark offense w a great rb, we will def find out how good of tacklers they are this week cause Bijan is a mfin load to bring down, this kid should be in nfl already he don’t belong in college!! (And still has another year he has to be here!). I’d prob be on texas if wasn’t for the spot, no idea how they respond to what had to be a devastating loss? Pass for me also.

I’d prob be on texas if wasn’t for the spot,

After what Texas showed in the RR Shootout I don't see how Okla St stays with them. Ok State has been beating offensively challenged teams that have solid defenses, and Texas is an offensive machine.

A couple of good ACC games this week. How do you see BC/N C State and Pitt/NC State. Any insights like you had with Pitt a couple of weeks ago?

After what Texas showed in the RR Shootout I don't see how Okla St stays with them. Ok State has been beating offensively challenged teams that have solid defenses, and Texas is an offensive machine.

A couple of good ACC games this week. How do you see BC/N C State and Pitt/NC State. Any insights like you had with Pitt a couple of weeks ago?

Not that strongly but I do like pitt-5, don’t think Hokies will be able to run on pitt and not sure their passing attack can take advantage of pitt secondary? I guess Burmeister is gonna play? Don’t see anything to suggest he out after leaving last week but college injury reports are stupid! Even if he plays he sucks and he gonna be under a lot of pressure!! Hokies really don’t have the dudes on the outside to scare me.

Hokies pass d been pretty good but outside Unc week 1 what good passing attacks they seen? They dominated that game cause they were able to harass Howell all night, pitt been great in pass protection. I think Pickett emerging as one the better qbs in the country, don’t think Burmiester can keep pace with him. Really not sure why Pitt isn’t ranked? I get they went and shit the bed in typical pitt fashion against western Michigan but I think this the best team in the acc this year, even tho their secondary worries me, as always the front 7 great and Pickett so tough to stop! Hokies can’t feel good losing that game last week and they got really beat up while pitt was chilling on a bye, the fact they not ranked was probably good for them! Tough place to play but pitt went to Tennessee which no picnic snd got the W, Hokies passing attack not nearly as scary. I just don’t see a avenue for tech to keep up here. Feel like pitt gonna be in the 30s and just don’t see Hokies scoring more than 24-27 and that being generous just cause of pitt secondary, but again do Hokies really have the guys on the outside to take advantage? Or the arm talent at qb? I dunno, prob not.

Not that strongly but I do like pitt-5,
I'm down on Pitt since I took them against Tennessee. I won the bet, but didn't give myself any points because Tennessee was as good as Pitt and it was just luck Pitt won. I'm surprised their D is not better than it is with Narduzzi as HC. Their QB is the real deal but VT has a better D and I can't stand to give points to the better D. And the fact Pitt plays Clemson next doesn't help.

A friend of my is playing Pitt big because he says every team that plays N Dame has a bye the week before, spends two weeks putting everything they have into playing the Irish, then loses the week after they play them because their tank is empty.

What about BC/NC State. I like to bet both those teams and also don't like betting against either of them. Both are my kind of teams.

All the reasons I like to bet them--tough teams, hard hitters, never quit, strong D--are cancelled out when they play each other. I have a slight lean to BC, but only because they are getting points at home.

I'm down on Pitt since I took them against Tennessee. I won the bet, but didn't give myself any points because Tennessee was as good as Pitt and it was just luck Pitt won. I'm surprised their D is not better than it is with Narduzzi as HC. Their QB is the real deal but VT has a better D and I can't stand to give points to the better D. And the fact Pitt plays Clemson next doesn't help.

A friend of my is playing Pitt big because he says every team that plays N Dame has a bye the week before, spends two weeks putting everything they have into playing the Irish, then loses the week after they play them because their tank is empty.

What about BC/NC State. I like to bet both those teams and also don't like betting against either of them. Both are my kind of teams.

All the reasons I like to bet them--tough teams, hard hitters, never quit, strong D--are cancelled out when they play each other. I have a slight lean to BC, but only because they are getting points at home.

Im kinda in same boat I like both teams. I lean bc with the points just cause feels like a bit of value getting + at home when I feel they pretty even.

I’m not sure I agree that Hokies have a better d, they have played mostly weak offenses outside unc who ain’t what we thought with that terrible Oline. They have a better secondary but think I’d take pitt front 7. Luckily tech can’t really challenge secondaries like Pickett can throwing the ball. I don’t think the Tennessee win at vols anything to sneeze at and I disagree they were lucky, majority of that game when other guys were freaking out in game I was pretty confident. Hooker coming in did give me a little worry cause I really like him, overall I didn’t ever feel like pitt wasnt cashing that game tho, and I think that was a better win than this will be. I don’t think vatech is very good. Hokies only solid win was week 1 and again unc not close to what we thought they were,

Pitt is right with tech or ahead of them in most defensive categories I value and the offenses are worlds apart!

what I see with NCst/BC is ncst had mostly been living at home compiling their record and stats while BC been on the road several times (granted against some cup cakes), ncst only road game to this point was a very uninspired effort at starksville. Little worried BC crowd be less than normal cause Red Sox in playoffs? I’d say they both played Clemson very similar, BC just couldn’t finish the deal, but they were on the road opposed to home where ncst got them. Think the bye should benefit Grosel. I’d honestly say this be close to a pk on a neutral for me so def some value with BC, not saying I love them to win but don’t see how ya lay points on road here?

Added SVP picks. The only one I would put money on is Florida, but I usually don't like his and he's been doing a good job this year

Purdue +11x
Indiana +4x
Northwestern +2
Auburn +5
Florida +11x
Missouri +10

Added SVP picks. The only one I would put money on is Florida, but I usually don't like his and he's been doing a good job this year

Purdue +11x
Indiana +4x
Northwestern +2
Auburn +5
Florida +11x
Missouri +10

I told kj earlier I was positive he would be on Hoosiers when he asked me who in the world taking Indy! Lol.

That Rutgers/nw line stinks to high heaven which of course why he on nw!

That obviously -11 with gators? Just asking cause I could see that being lsu he on, lol.

I tried to talk myself into Purdue, I like the idea of getting a lot of points vs iowa, just dunno if I trust Purdue to protect the ball, if they avoid turning it over they prob cover. Nobody has been able to do that tho. I thought the pen st kid was really good and they woulda beat iowa if he didn’t get hurt imo, and he still threw 2 picks in 1st half!!

I tried to talk myself into Purdue,

This the classic spot where Iowa wins but doesn't cover. Year after year they struggle and barely cover--or lose--in this type game, then get a good number the next game

I'm interested in Florida though. LSU has lost so many players to injuries (including some who decided there was nothing to play for even though they probably could have come back) and are the worst at running the ball in LSU history. I think they are tied for last in the FBS in rushing. I might pull the trigger on Florida tomorrow.

I decided pass on Baylor so the only possibles left I might bet are Florida, BC, Kansas St, and Nevada. I lean to all four

You have any thoughts on any of them

Last edited:
This the classic spot where Iowa wins but doesn't cover. Year after year they struggle and barely cover--or lose--in this type game, then get a good number the next game

I'm interested in Florida though. LSU has lost so many players to injuries (including some who decided there was nothing to play for even though they probably could have come back) and are the worst at running the ball in LSU history. I think they are tied for last in the FBS in rushing. I might pull the trigger on Florida tomorrow.

I decided pass on Baylor so the only possibles left I might bet are Florida, BC, Kansas St, and Nevada. I lean to all three.

You have any thoughts on any of them

I would think Nevada rolls Hawaii but I’m always freaking wrong with Hawaii games so I don’t even look at very much.

I was just looking at k-st also. They look live to me! They a completely different team with Skylar Thompson at qb, getting 6.5 or 7 here feels like a ton. I’ll be on them for sure. I’d be really shocked if this wasn’t a one possession game.

I dunno if I want to lay it but agree lsu is total fade material. I really don’t think lsu wins another sec game the rest the year.

Pretty sure I’m passing on BC even tho I feel there some value on them. End of day value or not getting 3 most likely not gonna get us a win if they lose and I do think the game pretty much a coin flip. Grosel did some good things vs Clemson but was gross when it mattered most! I do think the bye be good for him, amd I’ll prob kick myself for passing here cause I do think number off, just worry maybe I’m missing something? Maybe my day goes well and i end up playing, lol. That happened with BC against Clemson too. If I do I’ll come back amd say so.

That Rutgers/nw line stinks to high heaven which of course why he on nw!

I don't think so, it reminds me of the Rutgers-Syracuse game. How many can you favor Rutgers by on the road? They've lost big the last 2 (granted vs good teams). NW off bye with reoccurring nightmares of their last game for 2 weeks, Rutgers maybe beat up after games vs Mich/OSU/Mich St? A short road fav for Rutgers is right line in my opinion.

They a completely different team with Skylar Thompson at qb, getting 6.5 or 7 here feels like a ton.
I just started seeing some +7s the last half hour and with 7 I'll definitely be on K State.

Florida is the early game so even though I lean to them I doubt I lay points on the road. K State, Nevada, and BC are all late games so gives me more time to ponder them. I'll probably pass on BC. I see good things there, but agree with you it's a coin flip.

I'm strong lean to K State and Nevada though and will likely be on both

I don't think so, it reminds me of the Rutgers-Syracuse game. How many can you favor Rutgers by on the road? They've lost big the last 2 (granted vs good teams). NW off bye with reoccurring nightmares of their last game for 2 weeks, Rutgers maybe beat up after games vs Mich/OSU/Mich St? A short road fav for Rutgers is right line in my opinion.

Maybe but I still think the overwhelming perception is Rutgers a much better team so laying less than 3 I think is inviting a bunch of Rutgers backers. Dunno who wants to take nw pretty much needing them to win? I know my 1st reaction which generally somewhat square was I liked Rutgers. Not like their losses been bad by any means, nowhere close to Nw losses. Maybe I’m wrong but sure seems to me if they wanted Nw action they woulda gave us a fg!!

And the number has been getting bet down. I think NW is dangerous in this game. Dangerous and able aren't the same though.

And the number has been getting bet down. I think NW is dangerous in this game. Dangerous and able aren't the same though.

Maybe my logic dead wrong but line screams to me the same thing you saying, dangerous! Even when nw plays like ass the 1st month or 2 they always laying in the weeds ready to crush ppl in a game nobody sees coming. I thought Nebraska was too early plus on road, at some point it coming, watch out IOWA!! not even joking! They be the 1st team who doesn’t turn the ball over vs them and that end up being a 3 point game somehow! Lol. Could happen this week I’m just not getting the incentive to bother with them with this line, that kinda what I meant by saying it stunk to me.

Back