• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

ESPN Handicapper Picks--Week 1

ODU is right there with the dregs anchoring the bottom of the FBS list for me. No way I can bet them. VT or nothing for me, likely nothing.

It sounds Ike they lost a ton In the portal, im sure there be a prop 10 I like better than this game but dregs or not vtech falls into a even worse group imo, a crappy team who’s name still carries enough weight they are several td favs to a team I doubt they all that much better than! Pretty safe bet I’ll be passing as well tho.

Wow. Never expect to see a post like this in any the great threads I enjoy here. Is that like a inside joke between you 2?

If not I certainly don’t want to get involved or take up space posting bout it (none my business if ya’ll got history). This thread has been one I’ve always posted in quite a bit and talked plays with Tahoe and others. I really don’t pay attention to anyones records, I’d certainly take whatever most the guys I chop it up with on a regular basis at ctg word for it at face value.

Every now and again I notice his posted record and it always strong, never had any reason to question it cause it doesnt matter to me and week to week I’d say it appears he wins more than loses. All I care bout is discussing this stuff with ppl opinion I respect so there def no reason for any fudging. I hope that isn’t the case for no other reason than I respect honesty more than a persons record. Anyways I’ve spent way to much time on this. We don’t talk much but Im pretty sure you used to post a weekly thread that was a must read! Didn’t pay attention to your record either (if that was you) but I’m sure I took it at face value also :)
1. His weekly thread is fun and often a great read.
2. His opinions (on college football) seem to be pretty good.
3. His record keeping is an atrocity and it approaches but does not reach 100% with respect to being wrong in one particular direction (which tends to make one think it is intentional).
4. It is well known for almost anyone who reads the weekly thread he posts.
5. CTG management has been well aware of it for years now.
6. I have avoided posting about this in the past to my shame.
7. I will try to avoid posting about it again. I just wanted newbies to be aware that if they are following his picks, that his record is hilariously inaccurate and not indicative of future results, regardless of what those results are. I hope he wins and does well, and hope anyone following his selections does so as well. Just know the record is a complete fraud

1. His weekly thread is fun and often a great read.
2. His opinions (on college football) seem to be pretty good.
3. His record keeping is an atrocity and it approaches but does not reach 100% with respect to being wrong in one particular direction (which tends to make one think it is intentional).
4. It is well known for almost anyone who reads the weekly thread he posts.
5. CTG management has been well aware of it for years now.
6. I have avoided posting about this in the past to my shame.
7. I will try to avoid posting about it again. I just wanted newbies to be aware that if they are following his picks, that his record is hilariously inaccurate and not indicative of future results, regardless of what those results are. I hope he wins and does well, and hope anyone following his selections does so as well. Just know the record is a complete fraud

Fair enough. That’s a bummer. Anyways as I said I rarely even look at anyones record other than to congratulate them on a good week or whatever.

Im not really in the business of tailing but I do understand ppl do and they often do so based off records so I respect the fact you feel the need to make it known.

Back in the day I posted on another site and I often would attempt to fight the good fight as I felt the same way bout this not wanting the uninitiated to fall into one of the many pitfalls of this thing we do and lose more money than they probably could afford. At some point I realized it really wasn’t worth it to give a shit as it not only thankless, often makes you out to be the asshole cause stupidity runs rampant, and ultimately anyone blindly tailing ppl they don’t know cause they have a good looking record is gonna find a way to lose their money anyways and half of them will blame everyone but themselves! Lol.

I like Tahoe and enjoy talking bout the games with him, hate if this true but I gusss nobody perfect. I do plenty of things I’m sure ppl frown on so not gonna judge. Respect your stance tho.

Saturday, Sunday, Monday

I'll start adding posts as I bet, instead of my original Post#29 and then we can see my selections are timely. Just did not want to add posts, but that seems to be unavoidable. Here's what I have for now, all for 1 Unit unless otherwise indicated:

Purdue -3.5 -110
BallSt vs KY OVER 49 -110
Washington -14 -105
Baylor -25 -110 (made wager on 8-1, last I looked it was -27.5)
Wazzu/ColSt Under 54 -110
FlaSt +2 -110
Clemson/Duke Under 55.5 -110
Duke +14 -110

Saturday, Sunday, Monday

I'll start adding posts as I bet, instead of my original Post#29 and then we can see my selections are timely. Just did not want to add posts, but that seems to be unavoidable. Here's what I have for now, all for 1 Unit unless otherwise indicated:

Purdue -3.5 -110
BallSt vs KY OVER 49 -110
Washington -14 -105
Baylor -25 -110 (made wager on 8-1, last I looked it was -27.5)
Wazzu/ColSt Under 54 -110
FlaSt +2 -110
Clemson/Duke Under 55.5 -110
Duke +14 -110
Like the last 4 wagers quite a bit. GL dood

The Stanford Steve/Bear podcast is no more. Don’t know if The Bear is making public picks this year. I see promos saying Steve is making his ATS picks on a podcast called Race For The Ribeye, matching his picks against Reece Davis and Pete Thamel. It’s late Friday night so I don’t know if I will even have his picks in time to post them

Three seasons is a large enough base to judge a handicapper. Of the guys I’ve been tracking I rate Stanford Steve #1. Adam Kramer was excellent last year, but that’s only for one year. SVP was very good the last two years, poor the previous two, so the jury is still out on him

Dropping the Gameday Super Dog pickers this year. They are all respectable. Corso has the best record over the last three. Phil Steele is a little better than his record. He can’t resist picking FCS games and can’t resist picking teams with the worst records and he wins about 20% of those picks. Does okay on the others

Greg McElroy is the only Daily Wager guy I see as a good handicapper. I’ll track him. The other guys provide great info, but struggle to stay in the black. Not sure Kezerian understands the concept of handicapping. My record looks better than it is. I finished in the black last year, but only because I got lucky breaks over and over.

Hope you guys will post picks from good handicappers like you have in the past

Stanford Steve—Three Year Record (103-79)
Duke +13 Best Bet

The Bear—Three Year Record (98-89)

Scott Van Pelt—Three Year Record (164-125)

Gameday Super Dog Picks, Season Record

David——(8-5) 2021 Season 8-6
Kirk——(6-7) 2021 Season 9-4-1
Desmond—(6-7) 2021 Season 9-5
Reece——(6-7) 2021 Season 9-5
Lee— 2021 Season 10-3-1

Other Pickers:
Adam Kramer—(6-3) (69-49)

Fresno St +4
UTSA -1
LSU -2x
Washington/Boise St o 58x
N Carolina -2x
N Texas +6x
UConn/N Caro St u 46x Win
SMU -20x
Texas A&M -38

Colin Cowherd Blazing Five— Three Year Record (94-100)

Phil Steele— Three Year Record (120-119)

Pamela Maldonado— Three Year Record (50-53)

My Picks— Three Year Record (150-97)
Week Zero:

N Dame -21 4x Rare opportunity in this one
Week One:
LSU ML 5x May still go max bet on this one
LSU -2x 1x
Don’t see anything else for now. Tempted by TCU, Utah, S Carolina. I know Sonny Dykes will put up 50 or so. Liked Utah all week, but just found out the QB is out. As for South Carolina, it doesn’t seem like a sound strategy to bet on the same QB I’ve been winning money against for two years

ESPN D-League Pickers:
Tyler Fulghum—Two Year Record (38-31)

Greg McElroy—(1-2) (23-16)

Joe Fortenbaugh— Two Year Record (45-41)
Utah/Florida u 45x
TCU -20x
LSU -2x
Season Win Picks
Notre Dame u 9 wins
Ariz State u 4x
Bama u 10x
Texas o 9x

Doug Kezirian— Two Year Record (39-52)

MLDog Pickers:
Bill Bender—(0-3) (15-24) 2021 (9-30)

Mike DeCourcy—(1-2) (14-25) 2021 (15-24)

Zac Al-Khateeb—(0-3) (7-32) 2021 (17-23)

Bill Trocci—(1-2) (10-29) 2021 (16-23)

Did McElroy ever post his picks?

Another coach doesn't like Sanders? Shock.
When everyone hates ya it just means you doing something very right. Mfers can’t stand to see others shine, especially when that person found a better way to the top that didn’t include years of kissing Ass and paying dues! Keep hating Prime cause your old ass had to be somebody bitch for 20 years before getting a chance!!

I am late to the game, but just watched this Joel Klatt interview with Deion. I am not totally on board, but enjoyed the interview. Particularly liked the story about the boom boxes and cell phones in the position rooms and his reaction: "You do that again and we will never see each other again in life." * around 21 minutes in

Did McElroy ever post his picks?
No, Daily Wager wasn't even on this week. I haven't found any of the pickers from last year except Adam Kramer. Stanford Steve will make his on Gameday tomorrow, but that's to late to do me any good

I'm just sticking with the two picks I have. I can't see anything else that looks good.

Added Joe Fortenbaugh picks. Never heard of these two guys, but they are listed as Daily Wager regulars so I'll list their picks
Dalen Cuff
Utah -6x
N Carolina/S Carolina o 64x
Florida St ML

Matt Miller
N Carolina -2x
Florida St +2x

Count me in as another who no longer watches Gameday. I've enjoyed it for years and like everyone on it and like they information they give, but I can't stand Pat McAfee. I can't even stand to look at the guy. As long as he's there I won't watch
Felt the same about McAfee but he’s become more tolerable for me.

Caught a few picks at the end of Gameday.

They said they were picking ATS. All took Washington, all took TCU, all took Purdue, except Lee who said he was an Indiana coach and will never take Purdue.

Desmond had FSU, Houston. Kirk had UTSA, no pick on LSU/FSU because he's calling the game. Lee took FSU, Houston. That's all I heard. Reece didn't make picks

That's it for me today. I'm spending the morning on dog rescue. Last weekend of the tourists up here. We've gotten every do in the local shelter adopted except three and we're going to get those three adopted today

Good luck all

Here is Clay Travis week #1. I'll do tonight's and fill in later, or you can read.

Nebrasks +7.5 @ Minny WIN
This is a Matt Rhule bet. Plain and simple. Neither of these teams are very good and I’m convinced Matt Rhule is going to win at Nebraska. Sure, I was even more convinced Scott Frost would win at Nebraska too and probably lost early bets on this same logic too, but damn it, this time I’m right. The Cornhuskers lose by three.
But they cover and that’s all we care about.

Florida @ Utah UNDER 45.5 (line not available to me, I have 44 available) WIN
We don’t know about Cam Rising’s health which is why I’m not taking Utah by a full touchdown here. We do, however, know that the Florida Gators stink this year. Especially on offense. Which is why the under is my blood bank guarantee this week, hop on board and get rich, kids. (And I barely even made you read anything before you got to a guaranteed money maker. See, who loves you more than me? No one.)

ARKSt @ OU OVER 58.5 WIN
I’m in love with overs this week. I know, I know, we’ve got new clock rules on first downs and in theory the games should be a few plays shorter, but here’s a general life lesson: Oklahoma always sucks at defense. Yes, even with a defensive head coach. They just do. And Butch Jones is coaching Arkansas State so you know he’s going to give away at least two touchdowns just by basic game management failures. Boom(er) the over hits.

Ball State @ KY OVER 48.5 WIN
Kentucky’s got a hot new offensive coordinator and a hot new quarterback and even Mark Stoops, who would drive 45 miles an hour in a Maserati on the Bluegrass Parkway, isn’t going to keep this offensive engine in neutral. The Wildcats come out gunning and put up 45 by themselves. I can’t believe I’m doing it, but I am, it’s a double blood bank guarantee, boys and girls!Yes, two surefire winners that are absolutely, positively, guaranteed to win. (Unless they lose, in which case I will disavow the entirety of this pick faster than every school that could bailed on the Pac-12.) The over cashes with ease.

COLO @ TCO OVER 59.5 WIN
Deion Sanders has Big Noon eyes upon him for Week 1 and TCU is trying to prove last year wasn’t a fluke. So what happens? Points rain down upon all of us. And the over hits in this game too.

UVA @ Tenny OVER 57.5 WIN
I’ll be at this game here in Nashville to see Joe Milton begin his Heisman Trophy season in person. Milton goes for four touchdowns passing and one rushing and Tennessee hangs 50+ on the Hoos. (But the Vols give up 24, so I’m not messing with the 28-point line here.) The over cashes on the banks of the Cumberland.

UtahState + 25.5 @ IOWA WIN
I hear the doubters, “But Clay,” they say, “you don’t even know a single player on Utah State’s team, how can you be so confident they cover the 25.5 at Iowa?”The answer, my friends, is simple. I know Iowa. And Iowa shouldn’t be favored by 25.5 on air. Give me the Utah State Aggies.

New Mexico @ TX A&M -38
Speaking of the Aggies. Bobby Petrino isn’t running on to the field for the first game, he’s riding out on a motorcyle. And then his offense is going to roll all over New Mexico. At the end of the game, Jimbo Fisher is going to shake hands and say, “Welcome to Old Mexico, bitches.”And he’s going to cover.

UMASS @ Auburn OVER 52.5
Because I have no life, I watched UMASS-New Mexico State this past weekend and let me tell you, UMASS made some plays, none worthy of all caps, but close. Meanwhile Hugh Freeze is back in the SEC and that means only one thing. Points. And potential scandals, but, let’s be honest, it’s Auburn, no school embraces scandal more than Auburn, it’s their natural scent. The over cashes with ease with Freeze back at the helm.

Buckeyes @ Hoosiers +28
We all know how this game goes right? Indiana’s down six driving with the ball late in the third quarter attempting to take the lead when the Hoosiers throw a pick six on a first and ten play featuring a QB check from a draw to a quick hitch. 86 yards later the Buckeyes are up 13. Then Indiana fumbles the ensuing kickoff and Ohio State goes play action and scores on the first play after the fumble. Then the Buckeyes go for two, get it, are up 21 and suddenly all of you are cursing me for getting all this right and telling you to take the Hoosiers plus the points. But, trust me, a late IU touchdown gets us the cover. Just don’t get your hopes up when this game is close late in the third quarter. IU is to football what Lucy was to Charlie Brown. (And I apologize for having to explain how this entire game goes, but I apologize even more to the sad Indiana fans who read this entire game plan and have a single solitary tear rolling down their cheeks right now because they know I’m right about it all.)

Rice +35.5 @ Texas
Is Texas back? No. Not yet. Again. Even worse, the Owls lose by 31 and cover.

Nevada @ USC OVER 65.5
I’m betting the over in every game when USC outclasses the opponent this year. Which means I’m betting the over in at least ten USC games this fall. Last week USC gave up 28 to San Jose State. Everyone is scoring at least 20 on them all season long. But they’re scoring 50 on just about everyone too. Voila, the over hits.

MTSU +39.5 @ BAMA
This is a monster number considering Alabama may play three quarterbacks and is still trying to hide who is starting. I just don’t see the Tide offense clicking this early in the season and I think the Blue Raiders, who won last year on the road at Miami, can post ten points on Bama. So give me the big underdogs here to cover.

WVA +21 @ PSU
The Nittany Lions have their best quarterback since Kerry Collins. Seriously. I think Drew Allar is going to be insanely good. But it’s going to take a little while and in the meantime, West Virginia comes to town and keeps it a single digit game until early in the fourth quarter. Country Roads take us to a cover in Happy Valley.

UNC @ SoCarolina OVER 64.5
This is my sneaky pick for the best game on Saturday. Really.You’ve got two quarterbacks who have proven they are capable of being top ten in all of college football, returning talent on offense, in particular, and a neutral site game in Charlotte that should be evenly split between fan bases. Toss in the brutal early schedule for South Carolina — at Georgia and at Tennessee both before September — and the early Heisman hopes for Drake Maye and you’ve got a slingshot game for both teams, win and you’re giddy, lose and you’re super scared about what’s to come. One team wins 38-35, I’m just not sure which it is. So I’ll ride the over instead.

Old Dominian +15.5 @ VaTech
The teams have played four times since 2017 and split the series evenly.Virginia Tech has been an absolute disaster for several years now. And while they’re climbing out of the hole, I don’t think they are there yet. Give me ODU on the cover

NW +7 @ Rutgers
Northwestern is angry at the world right now. Anger isn’t always the best recipe for victory, but it can work in short spurts, the challenge is in knowing which way it’s going to be channeled. I think the Wildcats channel it well in Week 1 and cover for Fitz.

LSU @ FlaState UNDER 57.5
I made sure to put that this game was going to played on Sunday night because lots of you are going to get drunk early on Saturday and given the heat, you’re going to be even drunker than normal and I guarantee that every group of guys going to games will have at least one friend that says, “Dude, we’ve got to get to (insert location here where there is more beer and potentially good looking girls) to watch LSU and FSU!” And at least one of your buddy’s is going to keep saying this all afternoon and you’re all going to have to keep reminding him that the game isn’t until Sunday night. But you can comfort him by saying, “Don’t worry though, Clay Travis says it’s a blood bank guarantee that the under is hitting,” so you can go ahead and place your bets on Saturday and know that come Sunday night you’ll have more money coming your way.
Nice start for Clay Travis. If you like perfect

Here is Clay Travis week #1. I'll do tonight's and fill in later, or you can read.

This is a Matt Rhule bet. Plain and simple. Neither of these teams are very good and I’m convinced Matt Rhule is going to win at Nebraska. Sure, I was even more convinced Scott Frost would win at Nebraska too and probably lost early bets on this same logic too, but damn it, this time I’m right. The Cornhuskers lose by three.

We don’t know about Cam Rising’s health which is why I’m not taking Utah by a full touchdown here. We do, however, know that the Florida Gators stink this year. Especially on offense. Which is why the under is my blood bank guarantee this week, hop on board and get rich, kids. (And I barely even made you read anything before you got to a guaranteed money maker. See, who loves you more than me? No one.)

ARKSt @ OU OVER 58.5 WIN
I’m in love with overs this week. I know, I know, we’ve got new clock rules on first downs and in theory the games should be a few plays shorter, but here’s a general life lesson: Oklahoma always sucks at defense. Yes, even with a defensive head coach. They just do. And Butch Jones is coaching Arkansas State so you know he’s going to give away at least two touchdowns just by basic game management failures. Boom(er) the over hits.

Kentucky’s got a hot new offensive coordinator and a hot new quarterback and even Mark Stoops, who would drive 45 miles an hour in a Maserati on the Bluegrass Parkway, isn’t going to keep this offensive engine in neutral. The Wildcats come out gunning and put up 45 by themselves. I can’t believe I’m doing it, but I am, it’s a double blood bank guarantee, boys and girls!Yes, two surefire winners that are absolutely, positively, guaranteed to win. (Unless they lose, in which case I will disavow the entirety of this pick faster than every school that could bailed on the Pac-12.) The over cashes with ease.

COLO @ TCO OVER 59.5 WIN
Deion Sanders has Big Noon eyes upon him for Week 1 and TCU is trying to prove last year wasn’t a fluke. So what happens? Points rain down upon all of us. And the over hits in this game too.

I’ll be at this game here in Nashville to see Joe Milton begin his Heisman Trophy season in person. Milton goes for four touchdowns passing and one rushing and Tennessee hangs 50+ on the Hoos. (But the Vols give up 24, so I’m not messing with the 28-point line here.) The over cashes on the banks of the Cumberland.

I hear the doubters, “But Clay,” they say, “you don’t even know a single player on Utah State’s team, how can you be so confident they cover the 25.5 at Iowa?”The answer, my friends, is simple. I know Iowa. And Iowa shouldn’t be favored by 25.5 on air. Give me the Utah State Aggies.

New Mexico @ TX A&M -38
Speaking of the Aggies. Bobby Petrino isn’t running on to the field for the first game, he’s riding out on a motorcyle. And then his offense is going to roll all over New Mexico. At the end of the game, Jimbo Fisher is going to shake hands and say, “Welcome to Old Mexico, bitches.”And he’s going to cover.

UMASS @ Auburn OVER 52.5 WIN
Because I have no life, I watched UMASS-New Mexico State this past weekend and let me tell you, UMASS made some plays, none worthy of all caps, but close. Meanwhile Hugh Freeze is back in the SEC and that means only one thing. Points. And potential scandals, but, let’s be honest, it’s Auburn, no school embraces scandal more than Auburn, it’s their natural scent. The over cashes with ease with Freeze back at the helm.

Buckeyes @ Hoosiers +28 WIN
We all know how this game goes right? Indiana’s down six driving with the ball late in the third quarter attempting to take the lead when the Hoosiers throw a pick six on a first and ten play featuring a QB check from a draw to a quick hitch. 86 yards later the Buckeyes are up 13. Then Indiana fumbles the ensuing kickoff and Ohio State goes play action and scores on the first play after the fumble. Then the Buckeyes go for two, get it, are up 21 and suddenly all of you are cursing me for getting all this right and telling you to take the Hoosiers plus the points. But, trust me, a late IU touchdown gets us the cover. Just don’t get your hopes up when this game is close late in the third quarter. IU is to football what Lucy was to Charlie Brown. (And I apologize for having to explain how this entire game goes, but I apologize even more to the sad Indiana fans who read this entire game plan and have a single solitary tear rolling down their cheeks right now because they know I’m right about it all.)

Rice +35.5 @ Texas WIN

Nevada @ USC OVER 65.5
I’m betting the over in every game when USC outclasses the opponent this year. Which means I’m betting the over in at least ten USC games this fall. Last week USC gave up 28 to San Jose State. Everyone is scoring at least 20 on them all season long. But they’re scoring 50 on just about everyone too. Voila, the over hits.

MTSU +39.5 @ BAMA
This is a monster number considering Alabama may play three quarterbacks and is still trying to hide who is starting. I just don’t see the Tide offense clicking this early in the season and I think the Blue Raiders, who won last year on the road at Miami, can post ten points on Bama. So give me the big underdogs here to cover.

WVA +21 @ PSU
The Nittany Lions have their best quarterback since Kerry Collins. Seriously. I think Drew Allar is going to be insanely good. But it’s going to take a little while and in the meantime, West Virginia comes to town and keeps it a single digit game until early in the fourth quarter. Country Roads take us to a cover in Happy Valley.

UNC @ SoCarolina OVER 64.5
This is my sneaky pick for the best game on Saturday. Really.You’ve got two quarterbacks who have proven they are capable of being top ten in all of college football, returning talent on offense, in particular, and a neutral site game in Charlotte that should be evenly split between fan bases. Toss in the brutal early schedule for South Carolina — at Georgia and at Tennessee both before September — and the early Heisman hopes for Drake Maye and you’ve got a slingshot game for both teams, win and you’re giddy, lose and you’re super scared about what’s to come. One team wins 38-35, I’m just not sure which it is. So I’ll ride the over instead.

Old Dominian +15.5 @ VaTech
The teams have played four times since 2017 and split the series evenly.Virginia Tech has been an absolute disaster for several years now. And while they’re climbing out of the hole, I don’t think they are there yet. Give me ODU on the cover

NW +7 @ Rutgers
Northwestern is angry at the world right now. Anger isn’t always the best recipe for victory, but it can work in short spurts, the challenge is in knowing which way it’s going to be channeled. I think the Wildcats channel it well in Week 1 and cover for Fitz.

I made sure to put that this game was going to played on Sunday night because lots of you are going to get drunk early on Saturday and given the heat, you’re going to be even drunker than normal and I guarantee that every group of guys going to games will have at least one friend that says, “Dude, we’ve got to get to (insert location here where there is more beer and potentially good looking girls) to watch LSU and FSU!” And at least one of your buddy’s is going to keep saying this all afternoon and you’re all going to have to keep reminding him that the game isn’t until Sunday night. But you can comfort him by saying, “Don’t worry though, Clay Travis says it’s a blood bank guarantee that the under is hitting,” so you can go ahead and place your bets on Saturday and know that come Sunday night you’ll have more money coming your way.
Travis is remarkably perfect thus far

ARKSt @ OU OVER 58.5 WIN

COLO @ TCO OVER 59.5 WIN

New Mexico @ TX A&M -38 WIN

Rice +35.5 @ Texas WIN

Nevada @ USC OVER 65.5 WIN

MTSU +39.5 @ BAMA LOSE

WVA +21 @ PSU LOSE

UNC @ SoCarolina OVER 64.5 LOSE

Old Dominian +15.5 @ VaTech LOSE

NW +7 @ Rutgers

Travis 12-4 with Northwestern +7 and Under in Lsu/FSU game pending

"Bear Bets" Pod. It is out now - this morning.

So far he has said he bet these games and this season all his selections will be games he has bet:
Washington -14 (Boise) WIN
SoBama +6.5 (Tulane) LOSE
MTSU+39 (Bama) LOSE
Purdue -3.5 (Fresno) LOSE
"Best Bet" is TCU Team Total Over 41.5 WIN

His co-host, Geoff Schwartz, is giving a "best bet" on PAC 12 each week. This week is: Wazzu@ColSt UNDER 54.5 LOSE

Bear's Leans:
Florida State vs LSU and said to take the 2.5 points if he had to play it
He believes TXTech could be a 'rock flight' and would not be surprised to see the score TxTech 17-13 in the 4th Qtr.

On Futures he likes LSU Under 9.5;

He and the guys he's with on the show had a lot of negatives against Colorado for season and re 1st game against TCU

I'll be listening to Bet the Board later today. Thanks @TahoeLegend for the thread
Bear went 2-3. He did win his best bet and he had a good lean toward Wyoming.

The side kick, Schwartz, was 0-1 on his planned weekly Pac 10 selection

ARKSt @ OU OVER 58.5 WIN

COLO @ TCO OVER 59.5 WIN

New Mexico @ TX A&M -38 WIN

Rice +35.5 @ Texas WIN

Nevada @ USC OVER 65.5 WIN

MTSU +39.5 @ BAMA LOSE

WVA +21 @ PSU LOSE

UNC @ SoCarolina OVER 64.5 LOSE

Old Dominian +15.5 @ VaTech LOSE

NW +7 @ Rutgers LOSE

LSU @ FlaState UNDER 57.5 LOSE
Travis went 12-6 and finished cold.
He was 2-1 in his "blood bank guarantee"

Added in scores for all pickers I could find. Adam Kramer kept rolling with a 6-3. SVP was one behind him at 5-3. Both guys are on a long hot streak

Never did hear who Stanford Steve picked and neither did anyone I know.

I think anytime I see I can get more than 2tds against Hokies my natural instinct is to want the points, you know a ton more about their players than me, some these programs the changes in names doesn’t really concern me I just expect basically the same level of quality from some programs, mediocrity in Hokies and others cases! I hadn’t did much more than browse lot of 2marro games and I did kinda just assume odu was similar to last year. I’ll def seek out @Dollaz or do some my own work before actually making any decisions. My 1st thought was just “2+ tds vs a team who struggles to score 20 and has a qb who will give some points away” obviously only 1 way I would play it, lol. It be cool if @Dollaz came around w some odu knowledge but I think most years he doesn’t pop up till 3-4 weeks into the year, dunno why I remember that but sounds right. Lol
My fault guys, I checked on Thursday or early Friday and didn't see these mentions.

I probably couldn't add a ton because there are so many question marks on this team. I think 58 new players? Lost QB, RB, WR, TE, and LT off an already bad offense.

Having said that, I have heard some good things from the individual position coaches and saw some good things vs. VT so I will give a somewhat educated take on the team this year.

They brought in high scoring OC from Fordham to run the Heupel (Tenn) offense. Along with him they brought in the backup QB, who started week 1. There is also a promising true freshman that will take over if the starter falters. Coaches believe the true freshman will be a star.

Wilson is more of a runner than we've seen around here. He does have a decent arm and played well in the spring, but missed on a few throws in week 1. The offense should be better this year with the changes, even losing the talent they did. They are deep and strong at WR. They have a fairly experienced OL. The running back room looks really good. It will come down to the QB and whether he can make plays through the air. Last years group had an inexperienced OC with a poor QB (isnt even starting for Western Michigan). It will be more run oriented and they will take shots deep. They were down 6 late in the 3rd before turning the ball over 3 times.

The defense is shaky. They did not have a strong pass rush at all vs. VT and the secondary is expected to be the weakest group. Our best pass rusher was ejected for targeting a couple plays in. They have a good DC that is able to mask some of that with pressure and deceiving the QB with blitz packages vs. dropping 8 into coverage when the QB thinks a blitz is coming. Having said that, the defense completely shut down the running game and were very physical and fast on defense.

I expect a better record this year because I do think the QB play will be improved with better coaching (OC got fired like 2 weeks before the season last year). The defensive backfield is a concern but I think the DL will get pressure against non P5 OLs.

I will say 5-6 wins, but that will look silly if the QB play is poor. That turns into 1-2 wins really quick. But, I do think if the current starter falters, the backup will perform well.

Here is Bet the Board Podcast for Week #2. They are 1-0.

If you go back and read their analysis for Week #1 on the other games, they were pretty spot on in NC Vs SoCar, ECU vs Michingan and Duke Vs Clemson and others.

Illinois @ Kansas: First time these 2 teams have played in 55 years. Payne focused on Jayhawk QB J Daniels who did not play week #1. Is he playing this week? If so, “will he be able to push ball down the field against a new Illini secondary?” He seemed skeptical, but hopeful. He then made the point that Illini lost all 4 starters from last year in the D secondary and 3 of those were taken in top 66 of NFL draft. Payne said: “I have not bet this game, it is an information game to me.” Brad Powers said Illini O and D lines both played poorly week #1. He also mentioned that Kansas will be @ home and have an extra day to prepare over the Illini. Payne mentioned this too. No selection but sounds like a Jayhawk lean but no enthusiasm.

N.D. @ NC State: ND has +92 point differential in 1st 2 games. Game kicks off at Noon EST. What will happen if ND faces any adversity? – none in either game so far. Powers says ND O “has exceeded expectations.” Hartman “is an NFL QB.” Clock management is exceptional. Powers (as a ND fan) says: “I am not concerned when Hartman is under center.” Powers thinks ND’s has “two of the better O tackles in the country.” Also, ND can run the ball, but their defense is still a concern. Payne also thinks ND O has exceeded expectations. Payne thinks that NCState’s defense will have difficulty and noted their performance against UConn against the rush. Payne thinks the ND O line is “arguably best unit on the team.” Payne says “somewhere btw 7.5 and 9 is the proper line.” Payne: “NCState D down a touch, ND offense substantially up, ND defensive line has yet to be tested.” In discussing O/U they seemed skeptical and Powers added “hard to take the Over when I have seen no explosives with NCState.

Wisky @ WAZZU: Second straight week where we have seen line move against WAZZU. Line opened Wisky -3 and now -6? Wazzu won last year 17-14. Payne metioned Mordeci QB for Wisky struggles again in first game and Wisky does not have the pieces to be able to go pass heavy – saw that in the 1st game agst Buffalo. Wisky has to run and has the backs to do so. Wazzu has an interior D line that Wisky can run against. “To me run right at Wazzu right up the middle.” Wazzu has severe question marks on D line and linebacker.

TX A&M vs Miami: Last year’s meeting was horrible 17-9 A&M victory but Miami won in stat dept. A&M has lost 6 straight road games. A&M QB Wegner threw 5 TD passes 1st week. Payne says Petrino has clearly had influence at quicker pace of play. “The biggest factor is up front with their O line”- can they give Wegner time? Payne seems to think Miami D line will be “interesting” and A&M O line “struggled” agst New Mexico. Payne concerned re Miami secondary. Both teams played inferior competition week #1. Powers is “optimistic on Miami’s ability to have success in this game….and Miami QB Van Dyke looks better with receiver Restrepo in the line up.” Powers was complimentary of all Miami offense position players. He thinks that A&M defense is not as good as you’d hope. The loss of Mike Elko as defensive coordinator has hurt A&M. Payne thinks that the line move down to A&M -5 is a good move. “This year’s Miami is better than last year’s Miami.” Sounds as if they had a plan to bet OVER 46.5 , but plans were ruined at 51. Also kinda seems they like Miami, certainly not A&M

Oregon vs TX Tech: PAC 12 was undefeated week #1. Oregon scored 81 agst Portland State. Oregon has not beat a BIG12 team in almost a decade (2013 Alamo Bowl) and only their second road game agst BIG12 opponent dating back to 2004 agst OU.Payne: “This is one of the most interesting handicap games of the week. How much you downgrade Tech and/or up Oregon? How much bump Tech for night home game? Then Tech QB Shough was told he was not good enuf to play at Oregon. Tech D coordinator let go by Oregon.” Payne thinks Tech may have problems on early downs. Payne thinks there is going to be a pro better battle in this game. Powers was not impressed with Tech defense at all…he thinks that if Week #1 was their standard, they will not look good this week. Bo Nix on the road a concern for Oregon

NMexState @ Liberty: Powers thinks there is value with NMexState +10.5.

Longhorns @ Bama: Saban 28-2 agst ex assistants. First time these 2 teams played in Tuscaloosa since 1902. Bama intel is that there is concern re Milroe at QB for Bama. Payne is “high on Texas D coordinator.” Evidently, there may have been some bulletin board material by a Texas D back re Milroe “Make him throw the ball.” Payne says Bama “O line struggled agst MTSU…different game here.” He says “there are underlying metrics of concern and he’s not surprised the total has slipped below the key # of 55.” Powers and Payne like Texas’ Defense. Injury concerns for Bama Defensive secondary!! Powers concerned re Ewers. He says last year “he went from very good to bad.” Texas has the receivers, but worried re Ewers.Powers also thinks Texas run game has suffered more than even he thought it would with loss of Bijon. He also thinks Texas O Line did not look good agst Rice. Powers also “not overwhelmed with Bama D…exception Jalon Key looked great but he’s day to day along with defensive back named Moore.” Powers made “a pizza bet" on Bama -7.”

PICK OF WEEK: Ole Miss -7 or less.
I only see a -7.5. Payne likes Ole Miss D coordinator and Kiffin’s offense against Tulane. It sounded as if they had planned on taking A&M Miami OVER 46.5 as pick of the week, but the line ran away from them.

Clay Travis NCAA Week #2

Season: 12-6

Vandy @ Wake OVER 57.5:

These nerds can score points. But they can also give up a bunch of points because like nerds throughout history — the Maginot Line ring a bell? — they don’t play great defense. Which means this is a perfect over. Vandy gave up 28 to Hawaii and 13 points to Alabama A&M. Meanwhile Wake Forest gave up 17 to Elon last week. What happens Saturday in Winston-Salem? Both teams score 30. Even if you’re not a nerd, you can do basic math — that’s 60 points. And you don’t need to solve for the hypotenuse to know that’s a winning ticket.

Neb +3.5 @ Colorado
Last Thursday night Nebraska had a heartbreaking collapse to lose at Minnesota. Meanwhile Deion Sanders is still trash talking over the Buffs win at TCU. So why, pray tell, am I taking the devastated team to cover against the surging team? Because college football isn’t all momentums, it’s matchups too. Sometimes a loss makes you focus better than a win. And while I’m tempted to take Nebraska outright, I’ve seen them snatch defeat from the jaws of victory too many times over the past yeawr to do that.
But take Nebraska plus more than the inevitable heartbreaking field goal that Colorado will kick to win on the final play of the game? Sure.

A&M -4.5 @ Miami
Prediction: The Aggies will have more fans than Miami on Saturday in Miami. I’m not even joking. Miami may have to use a silent count on offense. The Aggies with Bobby Petrino on the offensive controls are the more talented and better team than the Hurricanes by a substantial margin. I think they roll into South Florida and win by double digits. Howdy, take the Aggies.

Iowa @ IowaSt OVER 36.5
I know. I know. Trust me, I know. I’m taking the over in an Iowa game — against another Iowa team no less — and if this game ends 10-7 like last year’s game then I’m going to feel like an absolute idiot. But the CyHawk Bowl is going to feature an offensive explosion this year. 21-20 will be the final score. And you’ll be dancing in the cornstalks like Shoeless Joe Jackson because you’ll have hit the over no matter who wins.

UNLV +36.5 @ Mich
The Wolverines weren’t that impressive in week one. And I don’t think they’ll be that impressive in week two either. I like Barry Odom, a former defensive coordinator, with a couple of weeks to take on a relatively pedestrian offensive attack from Michigan. I’m not saying it’s close, but I’m saying the Running Rebels cover by double digits.
Call it 38-14 Michigan, which gives you an easy cover.

Ole Miss @ Tulane OVER 64.5
This game is going to end with a bunch of Ole Miss fans still passed out in the French Quarter. “Riley, wake up, the Rebs are already playing.” “Stop punching me, Taylor, I promise daddy already booked us at Commander’s Palace tonight.” “Have y’all seen, Kelly?”(Fun fact, every Ole Miss fan has names that could be used by either men or women. And it won’t matter here, both sexes will still be drunk.) But as long as they took the over, they can go right back to the hurricanes on Bourbon Street.
Because this one is hitting 80+.

Kent St @ Ark -37.5
Everyone has forgotten that Arkansas returns KJ Jefferson. Seriously, even you’re reading this right now and you’re like, “Wait, he’s still there? He’s pretty good.”
Yep, KJ just does what KJ does, puts up four touchdowns a game and goes right back into northern Arkansas oblivion every week. This week Kent State gives up another fifty. Last week it was UCF, this week it’s Arkansas. The Razorbacks win by 45, KJ posts five touchdowns, and then vanishes into the Ozarks for another week.

Oregon @TxTech OVER 66.5
I feel like Texas Tech is the king of teams that play great games and no one pays attention to them. And this game has all the hallmarks of a 45-42 shootout that everyone forgets is actually being played. Also, to be fair, can we talk about the fact that Texas Tech was so bad on defense that PATRICK FREAKING MAHOMES had a losing record there. Do you know how hard this is to pull off? You’ve got the greatest quarterback of his generation and he had a losing record in college?!
We really need a deep dive on all of this. Anyway, Texas Tech hasn’t played defense in the 21st century. Which is convenient because Oregon hasn’t either. The result?
The over cashes.

Appy State +18.5 @ UNC OVER 58.5
Did someone at Appalachian State catch someone at North Carolina committing a murder and agree not to turn them in so long as UNC played App State every year in football? That’s the only reason I can explain why UNC keeps playing App State. Because UNC has won by two and lost by three in the past four years and here they are playing another game. And now you’re telling me that UNC, fresh off a huge win over South Carolina to start the season, is going to be ready to roll against App State? I just don’t buy it. Also, if I’m wrong about this, App State just gave up 24 points to Garder Webb. Admittedly, I’m not an expert on Gardner Webb football, but if you gave up 63 to UNC last year and 24 to Gardner Webb this year, it feels like the over is a good play too. So, boom, App State and the over.*
(*Both of these bets cash with ease or both of them get crushed. There’s no middle ground here. This is gambling science, everyone knows I’m right. This always happen when you take two sides of a non-major game.)

Texas +7 @ BAMA
At some point in time, Steve Sarkisian has to win a truly big game at Texas. Last year he should have beaten Alabama and he almost did it even with Quinn Ewers knocked out of the game. In fact, but for the electric play of Bryce Young late, Alabama would have lost in Austin. I know Jalen Milroe had a good game against MTSU, but at some point the absence of Bryce Young is going to show up. I think that happens on Saturday in Tuscaloosa and Texas covers and has a chance to win late.
Hook’em +7

SMU @ OU OVER 69.5
Last week Oklahoma scored over 70 against Butch Jones and Arkansas State. This week SMU, one of the newest members of the ACC, rolls into Norman and we have ourselves an old fashioned shoot out. The over’s the play.

AZ @ Messy -9
Truth: I still can’t believe Mike Leach is gone. I loved Leach. He would have been crushed to hear Jimmy Buffett died and I know Key West in particular is still mourning both guys. I’m sorry to interject some seriousness in the picks, but I really do miss the Pirate. But in much less serious news the team he left behind in Starkvegas is pretty talented and Will Rogers is still there too. And I think they come out and roll Arizona on Saturday. Hail State for the cover.

Auburn @ CAL OVER 54.5
The right reverend Hugh Freeze put up 50+ for Auburn on Saturday and I think he dictates pace on the road against Cal as well. Plus, Cal scored 58 in week one.
This line is way too low which means, yep, it’s time, tap the vein boys and girls, for the blood bank guarantee. The over cashes faster than a prime sidewalk spot gets defecated on in the Bay Area.

Back