ESPN Handicapper Picks--Week 7

is it just me or has Steve and bears podcast really went downhill? I used to love it, they had some weeks that wernt all that great but now it has flipped and it now rare we get a good show as crap the norm! You guys need to pick your game up! This just been lazy!!

I dunno if ya’ll listen to many podcast? If so I would suggest one called “Bet the Board”, shockingly very good! Crazy cause ya gotta get over it being the 3rd guy on that fox sports gambling show (Todd Furman I believe? Never liked that show or him on it but imo he fantastic on this pod!). Then ya gotta get over the other guys name being “pain insider”, how freaking goofy is that!?!? Lol. Anyways, they have the most awesome intro to the show (you will know what I mean after you hear it), and they do a fantastic job breaking down key things in the game! My only gripe is they don’t do enough games cause I could listen to them do a every game! Not necessarily a lot of plays but fantastic insight into key factors that should decide outcomes!! Best podcast of this nature I have heard, Steve and bear used to be the one I listened to 1st every week, not anymore.
Found these guys last year, when my commute got longer, and now listen every week. Not the best in terms of production, but their breakdown and stats are outstanding. Recommend it to anyone who listens to podcasts

Added Phil Steele picks. Not sure what he means with the New Hampshire pick. I didn't find a line listed anywhere for that game

La Tech -6x
Colorado St -11x
UConn +3
BC +3
Miss St +17
Texas A&M -9
Texas -4
New Hampshire 0

Thought I posted my card last night before i went to sleep but just realized I must not have hit submit! Mu bad, I really need my new contacts to come! Mf’ers told me 2 weeks to get them, that s week longer than normal and now we going on 3 fucking weeks! Of course they say “Rona”, that everyone answer for everything!

Pitt ended up being -6.5, I had played at -5 the other day when I was up there betting thu night props. I still like anything less than -7 but last week this happened with Gtech and got burnt by hook!!

Fresno-3 -120. Think the bye will help them a great deal, almost beating ducks then beating ucla took a lot out of them imo. I think wyo impressive defensive numbers are somewhat fugazi, they have played one the crappiest schedules in the country. I took them vs AF and to be totally honest the refs were absolutely in AF pocket! They might as well been wearing AF jerseys! It was seriously that blatantly bad!! Wyo absolutely covers it the game even remotely fair!! That said wyo offense and Chambers the qb were fucking awful for most the game outside a 6 min stretch before the half! Defense wasn’t much better, AF dominated them with their typical 20 play 60 yard drives! After 1.5 quarters wyo had 0 1st downs while AF lived in wyo territory. Then all a sudden wyo started getting stops and moving the ball. So in the second half AF comes out and straight up drop back passes if over and over, no tricks, AF qb shredded them in the air!! Obviously wyo was loading up the box to stop the run but doesn’t change the fact that pass d did not look close to the numbers suggest!! Fresno carves them up imo and I don’t see chambers keeping up!

Added Phil Steele picks. Not sure what he means with the New Hampshire pick. I didn't find a line listed anywhere for that game

La Tech -6x
Colorado St -11x
UConn +3
BC +3
Miss St +17
Texas A&M -9
Texas -4
New Hampshire 0

I can’t imagine ever playing ucon!! Of course I played Akron but I’m getting 20 points against another Mac team! lol

Gameday Super Dog picks

Desmond— Miami Fla+7.5 5-1
Lee—Kansas St +6x 4-1-1
Reece—Purdue +11x 4-2
Kirk—Miami Fla +7x 3-3
David—BYU +5 3-3

So I got both those team total unders last night by skin of my teeth! Now I’ve cashed the 1st half unders at Arkansas and Indy (sorry again didn’t post those 2, thought I did! Lol). Far cry from last week where all my unders started out looking great then turned into track meets somehow! Lol

I think NW is dangerous in this game.

Even when nw plays like ass the 1st month or 2 they always laying in the weeds ready to crush ppl in a game nobody sees coming.
You guys had that NW game cold. I'm the same when it comes to NW. I just stay away, no matter who they play, no matter what the line is. I can never evaluate that team properly so there's no point in risking my money.

Added Kansas St +7
Added Oklahoma ML (-520) just in case Riley decides to go with Rattler

Passing on UCLA. Logic says they are one of the best bets of the week, but logic ignores the fact they are one of the most unpredictable programs in football

Holding fire on Nevada. I like them, even at -14, but Todd Graham has Hawaii playing good football. Not to mention Nevada had Fresno next. I may still pull the trigger since I'll probably be toking by then, but I'm in no hurry

You guys had that NW game cold. I'm the same when it comes to NW. I just stay away, no matter who they play, no matter what the line is. I can never evaluate that team properly so there's no point in risking my money.

Added Kansas St +7
Added Oklahoma ML (-520) just in case Riley decides to go with Rattler

Passing on UCLA. Logic says they are one of the best bets of the week, but logic ignores the fact they are one of the most unpredictable programs in football

Holding fire on Nevada. I like them, even at -14, but Todd Graham has Hawaii playing good football. Not to mention Nevada had Fresno next. I may still pull the trigger since I'll probably be toking by then, but I'm in no hurry

You passing on Nevada? When I went to cash all my early tickets :) I thought of you and did couple 2 team parlays that end with Wolfpack! Hawaii that team like you saying NW is for you, I never know wtf we gonna get from them. I do love me some Nevada this year, since sjst fell apart now Nevada carrying the torch for me to win the MW!!

I think NW tough for you cause ya can’t really cap them, I mean ya can try but it would point to being against them every time, just one them teams that makes no sense and gets their upsets by mucking the game up and dragging other team into the filth with them! Sucks iowa lost (well not that much cause I played Purdue! Not ml tho) cause I was def looking at NW to pull the stunner when iowa goes there next month!

You passing on Nevada?
I went ahead and bet them, but so close to kickoff I didn't have time to get on here and post it before it started

Then took them in some small two team parlays with UCLA, and Ariz State. I didn't want to play UCLA or Ariz St straight up, but wanted to have something to make the late games interesting. I like Nevada a lot and have bet them all year. The only game I went against them was at K State. Neither team has let me down all year until K State did tonight. We'll see with Nevada. They started off slow

I went ahead and bet them, but so close to kickoff I didn't have time to get on here and post it before it started

Then took them in some small two team parlays with UCLA, and Ariz State. I didn't want to play UCLA or Ariz St straight up, but wanted to have something to make the late games interesting. I like Nevada a lot and have bet them all year. The only game I went against them was at K State. Neither team has let me down all year until K State did tonight. We'll see with Nevada. They started off slow

I can’t believe Nevada covered! It was close as shit still when I fell asleep, pretty sweet waking up to see a winner!

I can’t believe Nevada covered! It was close as shit still when I fell asleep, pretty sweet waking up to see a winner!
That ending was like something out of The Twilight Zone.

No one scored in the last half of the last quarter, but Hawaii had possession after possession close enough to score at least a FG. Nevada kept their starters in all the way and threw on almost every down. Even the announcers were wondering what was going on and speculating there must be some animosity between the coaches or something.

By about the 10-minutes left mark the winds were blowing hard out of the mountains and pieces of paper were flying all over the field. It was hard to see which flying object was the football on some plays Nevada would get the ball, throw four passes, almost all of them long passes into the end zone, all of them incomplete, burn about 15 seconds off clock and turn the ball over at midfield.

Hawaii would get down almost close enough to kick a FG and either fumble or throw an interception--I think they had four in the last quarter--or get sacked for a long loss on fourth down. Nevada would get it and throw four passes and turn it over. The margin stayed safe, but almost every time Hawaii got the ball it looked like they were sure to at least kick a FG this time.

Hawaii had their backup QB in and he took a beating. He had no protection at all and the Nevada line was killing him. Strong was getting hit almost every time too and the announcers kept wondering why they didn't just hand it off and quit exposing him. They never did and there was no explanation for why.

Nevada was clearly the better team, but the bet could have gone either way the whole time

Last edited:
That ending was like something out of The Twilight Zone.

No one scored in the last half of the last quarter, but Hawaii had possession after possession close enough to score at least a FG. Nevada kept their starters in all the way and threw on almost every down. Even the announcers were wondering what was going on and speculating there must be some animosity between the coaches or something.

By about the 10-minutes left mark the winds was blowing hard out of the mountains and pieces of paper were flying all over the field. It was hard to see which flying object was the football on some plays Nevada would get the ball, throw four passes, almost all of them long passes into the end zone, all of them incomplete, burn about 15 seconds off clock and turn the ball over at midfield.

Hawaii would get down almost close enough to kick a FG and either fumble or throw an interception--I think they had four in the last quarter--or get sacked for a long loss on fourth down. Nevada would get it and throw four passes and turn it over. The margin stayed safe, but almost every time Hawaii got the ball it looked like they were sure to at least kick a FG this time.

Hawaii had their backup QB in and he took a beating. He had no protection at all and the Nevada line was killing him. Strong was getting hit almost every time too and the announcers kept wondering why they didn't just hand it off and quit exposing him. They never did and there was no explanation for why.

Nevada was clearly the better team, but the bet could have gone either way the whole time

Lmfao, wow. Glad I turned on podcast and fell asleep! Didn’t need that in my life! I’ll take the winner tho! Good call, I suppose? Loll.

So my last 3 weeks been monster week 3 weeks back, worst week of season (actually worst week in 2-3 seasons for real!) last week, now another huge week this week! Had a slower start to season than my last few have been but after week 4 I said I thought I was starting to see things pretty well. I’ll take the slow start and strong finish, last 2 years my finishes were not anywhere close to as well I did in beginning the years. Just gotta make sure I don’t slide next week and we really be cooking with grease!!

Back