ESPN Handicapper Picks--Week 10

TahoeLegend

Pretty much a regular
ESPN Pickers:
Stanford Steve— (0-0) (20-18) 2020-21 Total (71-56) Best Bet (5-4)

Florida State -7x Best Bet
UTSA pick
Baylor +3x

Scott Van Pelt—(0-0) (40-33) 2020-21 Total (99-77)

Missouri +1
Virginia +7
Old Dominion +3
Ga State +2
Indiana +14
Georgia -8
Vanderbilt +7
Rutgers +26
Notre Dame +3x
Arizona St +11

The Bear—(0-0) (26-17) 2020-21 Total (61-65) Bank Picks—(0-3) (11-13)
Texas -2x
Kansas +2
Pitt -3x

Gameday Super Dog Picks, Season Record
David—— (8-1) 2021 Season 8-6
Kirk—— (5-4) 2021 Season 9-4-1
Desmond— (6-3) 2021 Season 9-5
Reece—— (5-4) 2021 Season 9-5
Lee— (3-6) 2021 Season 10-3-1

Other Pickers:
Adam Kramer—(0-0) (51-34)

Iowa State -7
Texas -2x
Bama/LSU o 58
Wisconsin -5
Pitt -3x
N Dame +3x
UCLA/Arizona St o 66x
Tulsa +7x
Memphis +3x

Colin Cowherd Blazing Five— (0-0) (22-16) 2020-21 Total (66-77)
Colts 4.5
Falcons 3
Redskins 3
Seahawks 2
Saints 2.5

Phil Steele—(0-0) (28-22) 2020-21 Total (78-87)
N Dame +4
UAB +1
A Force/Army u 40
Tulsa +7x
Boise St -8
Louisville -7

Pamela Maldonado—(0-0) (24-20) 2021 (17-23)
LSU +13x
Tenn +8x
Kansas St +2x
Texas/Kansas St u 54x
Air Force/Army u 40

My Picks—(0-0) (32-21) 2020-21 Total (108-65)
(Parlays—(10-3) (
four wins were teasers)
Lot of games look good to me this week. Made four early bets:
Baylor +3x
Miss State -10x
Kansas St +2x (based on my guess Martinez plays)
Tennessee +9
Tennessee first half tt o 13x
Teaser-Baylor +9x/Clemson +2x
Strong lean Memphis, Kansas (based on the fact I hear their QB is back and maybe their RB as well). Lean LSU, Washington, Tulane, Clemson, but I'm not likely to lay that extra 1/2 on the road
Added Kansas +8 to my open teaser with Ohio State from last week: Kansas +8/Ohio State
Teaser-Air Force -1/ Boise -1x

ESPN D-League Pickers:
Tyler Fulghum—(0-0) (15-10) 2021 (17-15)

TCU/Texas Tech o 69
Fla State -7x
San Jose State -24

Greg McElroy—(0-0) (17-10)
Virginia +7x
Iowa/Purdue u 39x
Minn/Nebraska u 45x

Joe Fortenbaugh—(0-0) (13-13) 2021 (25-33)
Memphis +3x
JMU +7x
Tennessee +9

Doug Kezirian—(0-0) (12-18) 2021 (22-28)
Georgia/Tenn o 66x
TCU -9x
Clemson -3x

MLDog Pickers:
Bill Bender—(0-0) (11-16) 2021 (9-30)

Kansas St
Syracuse
Auburn

Mike DeCourcy—(0-0) (10-17) 2021 (15-24)
Stanford
LSU
Kansas St

Zac Al-Khateeb—(0-0) (4-22) 2021 (17-23)

Nebraska
Tennessee
Liberty

Bill Trocci—(0-0) (6-21) 2021 (16-23)
BC
Texas Tech
Vandy

Last edited:
Baylor +3x
Miss State -10x
Tennessee +9
Strong lean Memphis, Kansas (based on the fact I hear their QB is back and maybe their RB as well). Lean LSU, Washington, Tulane, Clemson, but I'm not likely to lay that extra 1/2 on the road with Clemson.

Interested in what 2daBank has to say about Clemson/N Dame and Wake/NC State. He nailed the ACC last week

91% of tickets, 88% of the money on Tennessee this week according to Daily Wager (numbers are from Caesars which also owns MGM, William Hill, The Tropicana, et al)

It will be the biggest handle on any college game so far this season and may end up the biggest of any game, college or pro, all season. Every sports book in town has their biggest exposure so far this year

Baylor +3x
Miss State -10x
Tennessee +9
Strong lean Memphis, Kansas (based on the fact I hear their QB is back and maybe their RB as well). Lean LSU, Washington, Tulane, Clemson, but I'm not likely to lay that extra 1/2 on the road with Clemson.

Interested in what 2daBank has to say about Clemson/N Dame and Wake/NC State. He nailed the ACC last week
I played some clemson -3.5. Don’t really see a path to too many points for ND

My initial wagers below.

I went 0-3 on my initial wagers last week, but finished with a marginal winning % and + money. I posted wins/losses in that thread.

Ky -1.5
UTSA -1
UH ML
UCLA -11

I'll be posting the usual Bet the Board today and Clay Travis (who I think did ok last week)

Wake @ NCST: 2nd longest rivalry in the country (did not know this). Homecoming for NCST. Wake has won 4 of last 5. Last 2 meetings - points galore. NCST 1-6 ATS against FBS this year. NCST has a 15 game home winning streak going back to 2020, 1 shy of their 16 straight home victories '72-'75 (Lou Holtz). Wake turned ball over 8 times last week vs Ville. Powers says this time of year he looks for "outliers" and "overreactions" and chalks up Wake's 8 turnovers last week as outlier and he's "looking to play Wake." Insider indicates "there's a reason this line opened -3 and we are now -4.5." History in series suggest NCST has hard time defending this mesh offense. Insider skeptical of NCST QB play. "Not a ton of talent on Wake defense...out of top 80 agst rush and pass." Powers bet the "Under on the open 57.5...even considering the freshman, Morris at QB for NCST looks like a significant upgrade over Chambers....but have some conflict here b/c I also laid the points with Wake and thinks with Total trending lower that may indicate that the style of play may be such NCST can compete in this game. Now Powers thinks he may buy back on the Over. Powers suggested NCST may be fortunate to have 6 wins thus far (Insider indicated his agreement): "Post game win expectancy for NCST was 3.8", another reason he took Wake.

Summary - NCST home win and Over the total has some recency expectations, but metrics suggest Wake covers. Over might be a play if it is around 53. I am seeing 54 currently. Powers bet Under 57.5 at the open.

FlaSt @ Miami: This is Insider's alma mater. Second time this year Miami is an underdog (?). Miami has underachieved. Last year's win for FlaSt ended a 4 game cover streak for Canes. Cristobal has told his team that this game is one of the reasons you signed to play with Miami and Miami Herald has actually put out an article asking fans to show up for the game. Insider says the rivalry is the tricky part of handicapping this game - this is Miami's Super Bowl, but match-up is "not great for Miami on paper." FlaSt Oline is questionable, but they lead the country in drives of 80+ yards or more. "FlaSt is wildly explosive" on offense. "Miami defense has been good 'down to down' and the Dline is the best part of entire team, but you can absolutely gash them thru the air...outside top 100 in explosive defense and yards allowed via pass." "If FSU can keep Travis upright there will yards thru the air...FSU receivers are deep/good....4th best in country." Insider thinks Norvell has some offense that they have yet to show", including Travis running. "The 2 teams are polar opposites on SOS, FSU has faced borderline top 10 schedule, Miami out of top 75 [per respected bettors]." Miami has not really beat anybody. Insider thinks Van Dyke playing for Miami is questionable, but thinks that he could help. Miami O coordinator is not liked by Insider, but he has "moved to the sidelines" and this move was mocked by Insider. Furhman says Miami PPG 101st in country, against Power 5 scored 17 pts per game and has not scored a rushing TD this year, 36% 3rd down conversion rate and allowed most pass plays of 30,40,50,60 and 80 yds in ACC. Powers ranks FSU #16 in his power ratings. Miami has been significantly downgraded. Miami has not covered a game all season agst FBS. "I am part of the FSU money at 7....and I'd lay 7.5."

Summary: They do not give Miami much of a chance except for fact this is rivalry.

Baylor @ OU: Baylor in control of their conference destiny. Powers has Baylor at #18 in his power ratings and OU downgraded. He notes OU missed Gabriel on O and Billy Bowman on D in some games. Powers seems to attribute Baylor's loss to WVa to Shapen going out in the game. Powers thinks Baylor may still "be flying under the radar." Furman - OU run gives up close to 190 a game and one of major weakness - goes over Kansas, Texas, TCU and KSt games as examples of major run defense problems. Insider "this game is one of the toughest to assess." Insider skeptical of Baylor "easy to gravitate to Baylor but they have played 2 ranked teams at time of game and lost both games." They beat TxTech by the margin they did largely due to turnovers and exploiting a freshman QB. He agrees that OU has major problems agst run and Baylor in top 15 in metrics agst the run. Powers' this game is one he has least feel" but his skepticism towards Baylor has kept him away from the 3.5.

Summary: Powers likes Baylor, Insider skeptical. All seem to agree that Baylor best chance is run success.

UH @ SMU: Powers says "Lay the 3 with SMU." Starts out with SOS favors SMU. He says "SMU screams some value...and line will climb higher." Powers thinks Holgerson is a negative and mocks him says "anytime you can find value agst Holgerson, I feel pretty good." Insider says "It does not take much for me to want to fade Dana Holgerson." Insider has not bet it, he also expects line to close higher than 3. Indicates "Brad may have sold me and may bet SMU."

Summary - Left no doubt where they stand. They expect sharp money to come in on SMU and number to rise. I bet U.H. initially and feeling bad now.

Vols @ GA: 2002 last time they met in Top 10 match-up. Contrast in styles. Vols 5-3 to the Over Ga 6-2 to the Under. Insider: "From a pure powers #, I show some value to GA, but my instincts are that GA defense might be a tick overrated, made me a little bit nervous. Hard not to love Vol O...But, Vols could have lost to Pitt and trailing Bama by 7 late in game and phantom interference call allowed them to win." Insider thinks pro bettors are going to take a stand on GA and sharps are wanting to fade Vols, public cannot get enuf of the Vols. Would not surprise me to see this decision become the biggest for the books to date." Powers sounds very skeptical about the offenses GA has faced - Insider totally agrees. Insider thinks "style and speed of play for Vols is very impt. Kirby is not going to be able to sub in D players like he likes to." Powers is impressed with Vols pass defense, thinks GA will utilize the run and ultimately the game will be won/lost based on Stetson Bennett's performance and turnovers. GA has to put points on the board to win and Powers has his doubts. Powers power numbers say "bet Ga, but I have not gone to the window yet." Insider: "If Vols pass D plays like they did last week, we can all pack it in b/c they are going to run the table." But, Powers and Insider think Will Levis is not as good as believed and his draft status will fall...his ints last week came with clean pockets. Insider thinks Stetson this year "has been mostly very good." Concerns about GA wide out receiving corp - best tight ends in country. Insider, like Powers, thinks GA will probably have success on the ground.

Summary - They seem to want to bet GA but cannot force themselves to do it -8. For me, sounds like they know "GA is the 'sharp play' but cannot pull the trigger." They have not bet Vols either.

Bama @ LSU: Bama has beaten LSU in 10 of last 11. Saban 12-4 agst LSU and 2-0 vs Kelly. Kelly has said this game "Is not pressure its a privilege" to play this game.
Powers "you can make a case LSU has improved on O better than any team in country." Daniels getting respect from these guys, hard to ignore this. Daniels playing like a top 10 QB in country. Last time LSU scored 2 consecutive games was with Joe Burrows. LSU off the bye, a positive factor. But, Saban has been good agst pro-style offenses. Powers concerned re pre-snap penalties for Bama and particularly for O line and may be continuing problem this weekend in Baton Rouge. Insider has questions on LSU O line. He thinks Bama D will get pressure on Daniels. On the other side, he thinks Young may "shred" LSU secondary and Bama can run agst LSU which will open up the pass game for Bama. Conversely, if LSU can stop the run then they have a chance. BAMA receiving group not stellar but on the rise as year progresses. Powers thinks line going to -14, he bet Bama -12 on Sunday b/c of the line value and said he'd figure out later. Insider " I initially leaned LSU but when he dug into the match-up he did not love it." He thinks line will remain below -14.

Summary: May be Insider's last quote above: "I initially leaned LSU but when I dug into the match-up I did not love it."

Clemson @ ND: ND 3-0 ATS agst AP ranked opponents. Powers (kinda considered a ND expert) has no confidence ND can throw the ball and keep Clemson off balance. He thinks Pine is not good (my words) and Clemson front 7 is clearly superior to all prior opponents. Sounds very definite on inability of ND to move ball on Clemson. Insider says there is evidently 1 pro bettor taking ND and keeping line at 4 or lower. He thinks only chance ND has is to run and sounds doubtful they can do it...bases that on Clemson's games agst FSU and Cuse. Insider thinks "ND defense has been living a lie, you can bully them in the trenches." (Marshall and UNLV did it). Trenches favor Clemson on both sides and particularly in inclement weather. Powers took Clemson.

Summary: They don't give ND a chance in Hell. Powers' only positive is to wish for a better recruiting class and a portal QB.

Bet of the Week: Last week's Mizzu was ez win. This week it is Texas Longhorns -2.5. Insider really like this. FWIW I just bet it too.

Last edited:
I have been listening to Bet the Board for 3 years now. They normally just break the games down and leave questions on both sides re what will happen that week.

I may have forgotten, but I do not remember a week where they seemed so certain on 3 games as they did against Miami, UH and ND.

Last week we went 7-4, reversing the picks jinx and, frankly, nearly doing even better as we lost two of these four bets by a half point and another on a last second score by TCU to cover the number.

KY @ Mizzu +2.5 and Under 41.5
I absolutely love the under in this game.

MD +5 @ Wisky
Maryland might be the least respected team in the Big Ten. Did you know the Terps are 6-2?

Minny @ Neb +16
We all know how this game ends, with Nebraska losing in brutal heartrending fashion after an inexcusable late collapse.
But they cover.

Tenny +8.5 @ GA
If this game were in Neyland, I’d be 100% confident the Vols win. But going on the road against the defending national champs and winning in their stadium doesn’t happen very often.

OKSt-2.5 @ KU
Okay, we got a woodshed gambling beating last week, but I think the Cowboys show up with a great deal of pride this week at Kansas.

Liberty @ Ark Over 63
This is the second game I absolutely love on the ticket this week.

Bama @ LSU +13.5
Alabama has been pretty wobbly on the road so far this year. Barely winning at Texas, losing at Tennessee, in fact, other than the Arkansas game, Bama has been pretty rough on the road for much of the past two years

Auburn @ Messy -12.5
I think this is going to be a complete and total bloodbatch in StarkVegas.

Clemson -3.5 @ ND
Until Notre Dame pulls off a win like this under Marcus Freeman, I’m not going to believe they can do it.

SoCar @ Vandy +7
I know Vanderbilt isn’t good, but the Commodores were competitive on the road at Mizzou and then hit their bye week with two weeks to prepare for a South Carolina team that just lost a tough one at home to Mizzou and isn’t very good offensively.

So I’ve got two SEC infused parlays for y’all this weekend:

• UK-Mizzou under 41.5
  • Liberty at Arkansas over 63
  • LSU +13.5

• UK-Mizzou under 41.5
  • LSU +13.5
  • Tennessee +8.5
  • Mississippi State -13
  • Vandy +7

Last week we went 7-4, reversing the picks jinx and, frankly, nearly doing even better as we lost two of these four bets by a half point and another on a last second score by TCU to cover the number.

KY @ Mizzu +2.5 and Under 41.5
I absolutely love the under in this game.

MD +5 @ Wisky
Maryland might be the least respected team in the Big Ten. Did you know the Terps are 6-2?

Minny @ Neb +16
We all know how this game ends, with Nebraska losing in brutal heartrending fashion after an inexcusable late collapse.
But they cover.

Tenny +8.5 @ GA
If this game were in Neyland, I’d be 100% confident the Vols win. But going on the road against the defending national champs and winning in their stadium doesn’t happen very often.

OKSt-2.5 @ KU
Okay, we got a woodshed gambling beating last week, but I think the Cowboys show up with a great deal of pride this week at Kansas.

Liberty @ Ark Over 63
This is the second game I absolutely love on the ticket this week.

Bama @ LSU +13.5
Alabama has been pretty wobbly on the road so far this year. Barely winning at Texas, losing at Tennessee, in fact, other than the Arkansas game, Bama has been pretty rough on the road for much of the past two years

Auburn @ Messy -12.5
I think this is going to be a complete and total bloodbatch in StarkVegas.

Clemson -3.5 @ ND
Until Notre Dame pulls off a win like this under Marcus Freeman, I’m not going to believe they can do it.

SoCar @ Vandy +7
I know Vanderbilt isn’t good, but the Commodores were competitive on the road at Mizzou and then hit their bye week with two weeks to prepare for a South Carolina team that just lost a tough one at home to Mizzou and isn’t very good offensively.

So I’ve got two SEC infused parlays for y’all this weekend:

• UK-Mizzou under 41.5
  • LSU +13.5

• UK-Mizzou under 41.5
  • LSU +13.5
  • Tennessee +8.5
  • Mississippi State -13
  • Vandy +7

Noticed KY/Mizzu Total i see is now 40 and I am sure there are other changes

I haven't checked the weather yet, but a lot of handicappers are talking about how bad the weather is going to be at some games. Maryland/Wisconsin is one of them and they said the total has been plunging. Joe on Daily Wager said he bet the over in that game, then bought it back when he saw the updated weather forecast.

I had a site last year that was very good for weather at game sites. I'll see if I can find it

I played some clemson -3.5. Don’t really see a path to too many points for ND
True. But I don’t like the situation for Clemson. No momentum coming into this one, and quarterback issues. I did watch all of last week’s Notre Dame game (except the first three minutes featuring Shrader’s pick 6), and I don’t think Notre Dame can do what they did to Syracuse’s small DL with that big tailback. If I’m going to force a play — and, let’s face it, I probably will — I will look at the under. Clemson’s D is the healthiest it’s been all year.

will be joining you with baylor.
didn't know that about kansas.
I'm not pulling the trigger on Kansas till I know for sure if the Kansas QB is playing and whether the RB, who has been out even longer, is back. And there's no way to know if Spencer Sanders is playing because Gundy won't even discuss it till the Okla State offense takes the field.

Too many unanswered questions, so I'll probably end up passing on that game

Here's the site that keeps good records on weather for college games

Bad weather and high winds for all Big 10 games, but Wisconsin has the worst. 42 degrees, rain, wind 30mph. That makes the wind chill about 30 degrees

Wind for most of the Big 12 games as well, but only in the high teens

Pam Maldonado on twitter says Appy St tonight -3
Strong play
Wish I had a strong reason to go either way on that game. I'd like to have something riding on it, but I can't see anything that convinces me either way. App St has the best D and that's usually the way I go, but also lost to a couple of teams they shouldn't have.

Anyone have any convictions on this one?

If you want to see a great high school team watch Bixby take on Jenks on ESPN2 tonight.

Jenks has long been the best program in Oklahoma 6-A (biggest schools in the state) and is defending state champ, but Bixby has the current longest winning streak in the country at 56 games and has won 5 straight state titles (8 of the last 9) in 6-A II. Bixby moved up to 6-A this year and steamrolled every team they've played. They've scored 49, 59, 67, 63, 80, 77, 77, 73, and 64 in their games so far, even though the starters are usually out before halftime. And this against the biggest schools in Oklahoma

And they are even more dominating than the scores indicate. They have scored on their first play in four games and on the second play in three others. If anyone can slow them down it's Jenks, but I doubt even Jenks can do it.

Who is Pam Maldonado?
Wish I had a strong reason to go either way on that game. I'd like to have something riding on it, but I can't see anything that convinces me either way. App St has the best D and that's usually the way I go, but also lost to a couple of teams they shouldn't have.

Anyone have any convictions on this one?

True. But I don’t like the situation for Clemson. No momentum coming into this one, and quarterback issues. I did watch all of last week’s Notre Dame game (except the first three minutes featuring Shrader’s pick 6), and I don’t think Notre Dame can do what they did to Syracuse’s small DL with that big tailback. If I’m going to force a play — and, let’s face it, I probably will — I will look at the under. Clemson’s D is the healthiest it’s been all year.

I really don’t think ya’ll in a bad place w the qb’s, let’s face it, the kid gave them a spark vs cuse but he didn’t do anything with his arm other than not throw picks which was a big issue for DJ. I kinda capped that Clem/cuse game wrong, I thought cuse would have to bring all kinds of run blitzes to avoid getting mauled on ground, didn’t realize they would just allow that to happen and stick to using that 3-3-5 to confuse DJ which they def did. Ducked up taking his pass yards over, but I think everything copasetic, Dabo loves DJ and trust him, I think he doing the right thing. I expect he be plenty good with help from the run game, I’m not sure tigers should be 4 but I’m positive they beating the Irish! Lol. Don’t wanna start ranking fight, don’t even care, I been huge tcu backer this year but the ppl
Who act like it crazy they behind clemson seen to forget all Them
ranked teams tcu was beating were playing 2nd-3rd-4th string qbs! It will all work itself out but I’d prob make Clem slight faves over tcu on neutral, very close but it not some travesty tcu behind them! Lol

since I got stupid and totaled my car Saturday night I havnt had much chance to really get into this card real far yet. Damn shame I can’t remember even being back at casino of totaling ride cause I crushed it last week! Had all those small spread games pegged as easy winners in the earlier games, ND, ville, arky, amd think another can’t remeber all came home easy! hardly freaking remember what I cashed out and bet for the night games but ended up with a pocket full winning tickets on later games didn’t even remember liking all that much! Hardly makes up for destroying our 4 month old car and busting my ribs all to hell but Aharon least silver lining!! Lol

1st glance I feel like this a super cheap spot to back texas, hard to trust them but there a lot of numbers that support Horns as way better than their record, surely they start leaning to close games out at some point right? If Howard qb for k-st I think horns roll them. What I have read sounds he lije the healthiest qb they got, his little show non withstanding he ain’t ever been all that good for any amount of time. Horns run d ranks strong, slow down Vaughn and don’t blow late lead! Lol

I forget who baylor playing, I know I leaned the other team, I see everyone I respect who better on baylor than me likes bears so they prob the play for sure! Lol, I gotta get dinner going but plan on doing bunch of work tonight, hope ya’ll be around to chit chat!!

I haven't checked the weather yet, but a lot of handicappers are talking about how bad the weather is going to be at some games. Maryland/Wisconsin is one of them and they said the total has been plunging. Joe on Daily Wager said he bet the over in that game, then bought it back when he saw the updated weather forecast.

I had a site last year that was very good for weather at game sites. I'll see if I can find it
Probably more games with weather than not this weekend

since I got stupid and totaled my car Saturday night I havnt had much chance to really get into this card real far yet. Damn shame I can’t remember even being back at casino of totaling ride cause I crushed it last week! Had all those small spread games pegged as easy winners in the earlier games, ND, ville, arky, amd think another can’t remeber all came home easy! hardly freaking remember what I cashed out and bet for the night games but ended up with a pocket full winning tickets on later games didn’t even remember liking all that much! Hardly makes up for destroying our 4 month old car and busting my ribs all to hell but Aharon least silver lining!! Lol
Damn man. What happened?

1st glance I feel like this a super cheap spot to back texas, hard to trust them but there a lot of numbers that support Horns as way better than their record, surely they start leaning to close games out at some point right? If Howard qb for k-st I think horns roll them. What I have read sounds he lije the healthiest qb they got, his little show non withstanding he ain’t ever been all that good for any amount of time. Horns run d ranks strong, slow down Vaughn and don’t blow late lead! Lol

I forget who baylor playing, I know I leaned the other team, I see everyone I respect who better on baylor than me likes bears so they prob the play for sure! Lol, I gotta get dinner going but plan on doing bunch of work tonight, hope ya’ll be around to chit chat!!
Waiting on your ACC expertise. You killed it last week. I'm close to laying the points with Clemson, but need your thinking on the game

Baylor playing Oklahoma at Norman. I'm taking the points. I don't trust Oklahoma defense--114th against the run, 86th in scoring defense, 113th total D--at all and Baylor has developed a nice run game. They're tougher too. Best D, getting points, and toughest team. Sounds good to me

Waiting on your ACC expertise. You killed it last week. I'm close to laying the points with Clemson, but need your thinking on the game

Baylor playing Oklahoma at Norman. I'm taking the points. I don't trust Oklahoma defense--114th against the run, 86th in scoring defense, 113th total D--at all and Baylor has developed a nice run game. They're tougher too. Best D, getting points, and toughest team. Sounds good to me

Oh yea. I def leaned Sooners, but seeing all yoh guys on baylor makes me think I should prob just stay away.

I dunno what weather be like in the Clem/nd game, better then weather I think better for tigers, but I think they can just win up front running ball and stopping Run. Nd has nobody who can threaten tigers corners. I thik I’ve come to like DJ mental makeup believe it or not, I suspect he bounces back nicely. I just don’t get how they come up with this number cause I think they different classes by a mile.

Man I hate betting against bama but if they fuvk around and give me +14 w lsu at night? Oh yea, I’ll be on them!

What everyone doing with round 2 of the “public” vs “sharps” with vols getting another huge number? There no way I’d lay that, I dunno if I’ll take it either tho.

Im not good with unc, havnt been for 2 years but I dunno why in the hell they wouldn’t roll uva? More weather maybe?

Man, the uk/mizzou under has had all the value sucked out of it. I loved it at 44 but 40? I dunno, points gonna be tough to come by.

I dunno if I can lay -4 wit Slovis. Is Shrader playing? Pitt running back is gonna go for 200 on that cuse 3-3-5!! Might be best just to play the prop. Over yards and a td.

Man I hate betting against bama but if they fuvk around and give me +14 w lsu at night? Oh yea, I’ll be on them!

What everyone doing with round 2 of the “public” vs “sharps” with vols getting another huge number? There no way I’d lay that, I dunno if I’ll take it either tho.

I took it with the Vols. I didn't see any point in waiting around. As you say, it's round 2. No reason to even go through the arguments. The Vols are on the road this time and Georgia is a monster at home, but it's still the same thing everyone reasoned out two weeks ago when the Vols played Bama. Any good handicapper can see a hundred reasons to go either way

I took the Vols then so I'll stick with them this week as well.

I lean the same way you do with LSU/Bama. It would mean I've bet against Bama twice in three weeks, both in big games for Bama, and I know it a long shot to expect to win both, but if I bet this one it will be LSU.

Last edited:
Oh yea. I def leaned Sooners, but seeing all yoh guys on baylor makes me think I should prob just stay away.

I dunno what weather be like in the Clem/nd game, better then weather I think better for tigers, but I think they can just win up front running ball and stopping Run. Nd has nobody who can threaten tigers corners. I thik I’ve come to like DJ mental makeup believe it or not, I suspect he bounces back nicely. I just don’t get how they come up with this number cause I think they different classes by a mile.
I'm going to keep an eye on the weather, but I'm leaning Clemson.

SVP Winners

Missouri +1
Virginia +7
Old Dominion +3
Ga State +2
Indiana +14
Georgia -8
Vanderbilt +7
Rutgers +26
Notre Dame +3x
Arizona St +11

Posted Greg McElroy's picks. He's obviously counting on bad weather to pull him through on those unders
Virginia +7x
Iowa/Purdue u 39x
Minn/Nebraska u 45x

The only team I've ever bet on half tt is Alabama and all of those were last year, but I just bet Tennessee first half tt over 13x.

That makes two bets this week against mighty Georgia at home. Probably not the wisest long term strategy

I took it with the Vols. I didn't see any point in waiting around. As you say, it's round 2. No reason to even go through the arguments. The Vols are on the road this time and Georgia is a monster at home, but it's still the same thing everyone reasoned out two weeks ago when the Vols played Bama. Any good handicapper can see a hundred reasons to go either way

I took the Vols then so I'll stick with them this week as well.

I lean the same way you do with LSU/Bama. It would mean I've bet against Bama twice in three weeks, both in big games for Bama, and I know it a long shot to expect to win both, but if I bet this one it will be LSU.

Makes sense, I stayed away from vols/bama so feel like I prob should again, had I bet vols (or even if I believed bama was right side) I would prob stay committed to it here, If ya took vols ats and/or ml the 1st one gotta feel like you basically free rolling these fucks getting another big number on vols. Same as bama if I had to play it I would be on Vols, I just hate being teamed up with all the money against the books and few respected guys power numbers, I mean I’ll do it if I’m truly confident I’m right but I’m just not sure bout Uga offense.

I think uga gonna have to score and quite a lot to actually cover. I don’t think they are stopping vols offense, I remember last year the minute they went to Hooker this team was gonna be a monster offensively, loved him ever since I saw him play half a season or so at Vatech, combine his talents with this coaches proven offense and the weapons they got and just don’t think you can keep them out the 20s, imo it would be a Herculean type effort to hold vols to 20 and it would take the Uga offense helping the d by limiting possessions. That makes it even tougher for me to put a number I feel good bout on Uga point total( on one hand holding the ball and limiting possessions would go a long way to Uga d being able to slow vols down, on the other hand they gotta put points on the board so they better be aggressive and not punting much!

One thing that I think might be a advantage for Uga is Kirby Smart being so much like Saban he pretty much got to watch a blueprint of how not to play/call his d against these guys! Lol. Not sure it as big as when a team gives a blueprint for what worked to slow vols down I def think there value in seeing a similar run d get taken apart, a guy w his defensive chops shoulda learned a lot from that game! If you told me they make it tough and hold vols to 20-23ish it wouldn’t shock me, The problem is I dunno it that equates to them covering? I think I’d feel confident in saying Uga prob wins if they keep vols in that score range, but cover? We trust Uga to score 31+? S asu thought but as im talking starting to lean under a bit, 66.5 a pretty big number for the kinda scores Im feeling reasonable with. I think if a td too high for real but not sure I have the stomach for a vols under: Not like it be a total shock if we get into end the 3rd qrtr and both teams in the 30s either! Im gonna go thru all the numbers one more time but as of now I lean pass on side and slightly to under., gun to head vols getting more rhan a td only way i could play it,,

Far as bama/lsu I certainly don’t think it a good idea to make a habit of fading bama, I think it fair to say they could have actually won amd covered against vols outside a few plays/calls. Bama has been so sloppy in a odd way it almost impressive they only have the 1 loss and coulda easily won it. My thing here is this the reason Kelly came to LSU, this will be the 1st time he gets to take the field against Saban and his team isn’t physically overmatched! Think bout that for a min! And you would think the lsu talent level get even higher next couple years, I’d bet my left nut Kelly winning a natty within 3 years, the guy can flat out coach, say what ya want as a person but as a football coach I don’t think there more than 2-3 out there who unquestionably better. Daniels has gotten better and better, saban track record against duel threats with the talent of Daniels ain’t great! This was a 1 score game at bama last year, one team not as good and the other way better and it LSU at night! I honestly think lsu could win this game, I’m not going that far but getting 13/14 with lsu is about as confident I’ll be betting against bama and I feel like a have a decent feel after nailing the fact they wouldn’t let messy st score shit! The offense not explosive tho and they not keeping Daniels and company out the mid-high 20s imo. So that means we talking bama has to score at least 38 for even a chance to cover? That total tad lower than I expected, possibly weather related? I dunno if Daniels has any history of throwing in rain, that be nice to know, im telling ya right now In good conditions I think lsu scores 30+. If it has to be more a run oriented game I think it favors bama a bit just cause I don’t think they have the explosiveness in pass game lsu does do anything that makes throwing tougher not favorable for tigers. That said if this game played in a phone booth I don’t see any chance a Brian Kelly team gets out physical enough to lose by 2 tds,,especially with the wheels and playmaking ability of Daniels, not often I love betting against bama but I love this bet. Can anyone like @KJ or the other guys who pay attention to the bet percentages and where the money going let me know what it looks like in this one? Am I on the total square popular dog here? Kinda feels like have to be but long as it not crazy overwhelming on tigers I don’t mind!

Don't really trust them til much closer to game time but LSU is showing 83%, moved from 14 to 13 so would put zero into that. Better to check in with Caesars/MGM on twitter, Dave Mason at BOL usually posts within a couple hours of bigger games on there too.

Tennessee showing 64% which seems about like what I'd expect with opinions out there, same time it's also ticked down some. Old days movement between 7.5 and 9.5 meant nothing to me but w/so many missed XPs and going for 2 these days those moves are more significant.

Who is Pam Maldonado?
Not sure who she is, but she appears on different shows as an expert picker. She did pretty well a couple of years ago when she was picking strictly ML dogs and is in the black this year picking against the spread. She lost that one last night though

Back