Early lean

GL to Dallas but This is Boston away on Monday and major revenge. And the Clippers at home on major playoff revenge and off a home loss. Added a 5 point teaser on Pelicans and Orlando. Do not think I needed it with Orlando but Pelicans operating on real revenge too

FYI I started today with a Clipper-Knicks ML parlay but expect to add a straight bet as well

@tuck: could you track U/O results for HF/AD teams in prime time games already this season (ABC,TNT and ESPN)??

when it was thursdays 2 games on card prime time games were 58% U/O when home team was favored

Wrong man. Just do not have access to advanced methods currently. Will be studying for next year.
Off topic but I think Milk has hit the dirt. What has happened is serious pressure from advertisers has forced the NBA in a new warp speed style that has just altered the fundamentals.
Clear error not to have something on Philadelphia today and maybe on Utah. No time produces mistakes

Played over 206.5 in Houston.
All refs like the over
Houston as a fav is 19-8 over
Last 5 games 4-1 over and all 4 overs went past this number
Houston in Jan 7-2 over
Detroit hates this team and against the Southwest division is 17-7 over last 3 years. Played Washington last night at 3.
Regarding GS shooting. 54% shooting is not a fade. Cleveland allowed 19 3's and made 7. Turned the ball over more and generally was completely unready to play or defend

One unit play on Lakers
Refs seem favorable
Lakers 3-0 ATS this year on 2 days rest
Kings 1-3 ATS this year on 3 days rest
Kings 2-6 ATS this season after a upset win
Kings playing Atlanta the next day who has beaten them 14 in a row
This play sounds crazy but I may upgrade it.

I am not sure about this but Cleveland is laying 12.5 to the Nets when tomorrow they are on TNT playing the Clippers after having made total fools of themselves in the last game?

Got up.Found a rather fortunate machine play that went quickly and started to look at the games. Started with the Suns. Bet the game under 200.5 in cooperation with the wishes of the Spurs and history. Regarding the sides?
Suns offense is rather weak currently and they may be off
Suns blog
It's possible the Suns will face the Spurs on national television tonight without five of their top six scorers on the season.
Eric Bledsoe (season), T.J. Warren (bruised knee/spirit), Markieff Morris (bruised shoulder/ego), Mirza Teletovic (bruised push-off-for-the-shot ankle) and Jon Leuer (sore show-boating back) all missed practice yesterday.
Any or all of the last four players listed could play tonight, or all four might not. Maybe Hornacek will pull a Pop and rest half the team just to mess with the national TV guys and see if his remaining charges can pick up the slack.
What we DO get to see is whether Brandon Knight can play any more efficiently than a rec league guard, and whether Cory Jefferson has some NBA game. Oh yeah, and that fun rookie Devin Booker gets to face the league's very best defense.
Possible plays Spurs first half which looks good
Spurs game which looks fair
Teasing Spurs down and some other team up or down which I do all the time
Still thinking I suppose it is possible to think of teasing the Suns up but that screams danger

Last edited:
Running into a under view so far in the day. Somewhat disturbing as unders this season are out of fashion

Adding Cleveland under 202. That will end under bets although there is a real chance for more tonight. Only game today that I may bet over is Denver.

FYI concerning Cleveland. No real interest in a side. Clippers away last 20 12-8. In the 8 games there were no covers

May be getting loose. Kings minus 1.5 for 1 unit.
Just a read. Last b-b they won their first b-b this season. They are now playing with major revenge in a b-b where they had 3 days rest before this game against a team they totally detest. Lets see.

Early lean Knicks. Clippers played another silly game. 24 of 36 on free throws. Poor defense. Knicks 8-2 last 10 at home with wins vs Boston, Atlanta and Chicago. Clippers 5-5 SU b-b
When I looked at their game logs I saw them losing the b-b games every time after a loss

Joined the rape Miami league at minus 9.5
Reality here is simple. Toronto is 3-17 last 20 vs Miami
This season at Miami Toronto lost by 20
Next game beat them at Miami by 12
This game is a labor of love for Toronto

Will probably have Utah in some ML parlay. Toronto, Spurs and GS would be fine. Utah is still trying and with a game B-B at Washington the next day. NJ is operating with 11 wins and has not shown any resolve to win.

Will be playing Knicks and Bucks on separate 6 point teasers. Second team probably Toronto.
Did the ML parlay with Utah

You as well.
Suns under 205.5
Moderate edge in refs but that is almost minor. The reality here is the Suns are playing with no point guards. They got 89 last game and it went over because the Spurs ran it up in the fourth. Team relationships are different here and Atlanta is looking at a high scoring game coming up.
We really do not know what the Suns will look like later as far as scoring but early low looks like the right play.

Over in Minn 192.5. Minn has no injuries. Over refs
21-11
14-12
17-11
Memphis over last 6
These Memphis totals are very strange

Probably going to be on Knicks. Already played Kings ML parlayed with Cleveland ML
Indiana in addition to being 2-6 b-b is 1-8 revenging a home loss.
Hornets 2-6 on Saturday and 1-6 B-b are missing Batum and played a overtime game. Knicks just a healthier team and the refs do not give home teams much of anything. Knicks more recent rest
ref results for home teams
11-11
16-13
17-18

Put in a 2 team teaser 6 points earlier using Bucks plus 6.5 and South Florida. Something of a mistake since South Florida won 71-62 getting 16 but the Bucks should have a shot with 12.5

About to bet over in Toronto.
2 under refs
1 over ref
Clippers Much deeper than in the past
Why the over?
Look long and carefully at Toronto at home vs Boston
224 scored on a 202.5 total
Toronto this year is 14-5 over vs winning teams and the Clippers are 12-8 over on the road and totally pissed off by this team

Somewhat reluctant over bet in Philadelphia. Figure this for 2/3rds a unit.
Poor ref play.
Why?
Boston d has stink on the road recently
Toss out Dallas where there was OT
At Toronto 115
At Washington 117
Philadelphia at home scored 114 vs Portland
At home vs Chicago in regulation 104 points
Based on days rest
on 3 Philadelphia is 2-0 over
Boston on 1 15-9 over.
Philadelphia 3 point shooting is definitely picking up
They have lost 6 in a row to Boston. No easy rides anymore.

<dl class="userinfo_extra"><dt>Join Date</dt><dd>Mar 2008</dd><dt>Posts</dt><dd>419</dd></dl>
[h=2]
icon1.png
[/h]
despite caroll injury, TOR-2 seems more than decent

like the 4 unders
I tend to bet about 2 overs for every under in keeping with the current direction. Only game here where I am temped by the under is on OKC at Nets.
Its a problem. OKC is playing on terrible rest. 20 games no 2 days off and an under ump

Looks like I passed on an easy over with Houston. Stayed off the game because of all the issues on who was playing and it is Roaring over.

Made a terrible mistake this morning. a friend wanted me to met her at a buffet this morning. I agreed.
Never eat at buffets in Arizona or Nevada.
Locked in over in GS this morning after checking injury reports to make sure Curry was not out. No brainer.
2 days rest. Playing Spurs who beat them by 15 in Spurs. Kind of a joke total at 210.5.
I see its gone up since I bet it. Do not be concerned. The Spurs can not really control the GS tempo. I can hardly imagine a number I would bet under here

Interested to see why you're on the Spurs other than the 15-point win they issued GS back in April last season.

GS was on a B2B, playing a 3rd in 4 amongst other bad scheduling that night.

They had also beaten the Spurs in the prior meeting.

I am on the Spurs. The last time I checked I was not insane. I like GS.
Spurs last 10 as a dog

<tbody>
[TD="width: 10%"]DATE[/TD]
[TD="width: 10%"]HOME[/TD]
[TD="width: 10%"]PTS[/TD]
[TD="width: 10%"]AWAY[/TD]
[TD="width: 10%"]PTS[/TD]
[TD="width: 10%"]SU RESULT[/TD]
[TD="width: 10%"]H LINE[/TD]
[TD="width: 10%"]ATS RESULT[/TD]
[TD="width: 10%"]O/U[/TD]
[TD="width: 10%"]O/U RESULT[/TD]

[TD="class: AlternatingData1, width: 10%"]10/28/2015[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData1, width: 10%"]OKC[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData1, width: 10%"]112[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData1, width: 10%"]SAN[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData1, width: 10%"]106[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData1, width: 10%"]L[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData1, width: 10%"]-4[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData1, width: 10%"]207½[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData1, width: 10%"]O[/TD]

[TD="class: AlternatingData2, width: 10%"]05/02/2015[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData2, width: 10%"]LAC[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData2, width: 10%"]111[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData2, width: 10%"]SAN[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData2, width: 10%"]109[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData2, width: 10%"]L[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData2, width: 10%"]-2½[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData2, width: 10%"]W[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData2, width: 10%"]204[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData2, width: 10%"]O[/TD]

[TD="class: AlternatingData1, width: 10%"]04/28/2015[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData1, width: 10%"]LAC[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData1, width: 10%"]107[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData1, width: 10%"]111[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData1, width: 10%"]W[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData1, width: 10%"]-2½[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData1, width: 10%"]W[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData1, width: 10%"]203[/TD]

[TD="class: AlternatingData2, width: 10%"]04/22/2015[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData2, width: 10%"]LAC[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData2, width: 10%"]107[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData2, width: 10%"]111[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData2, width: 10%"]-2[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData2, width: 10%"]208[/TD]

[TD="class: AlternatingData1, width: 10%"]04/19/2015[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData1, width: 10%"]LAC[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData1, width: 10%"]107[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData1, width: 10%"]92[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData1, width: 10%"]-1½[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData1, width: 10%"]207½[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData1, width: 10%"]U[/TD]

[TD="class: AlternatingData2, width: 10%"]03/22/2015[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData2, width: 10%"]ATL[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData2, width: 10%"]95[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData2, width: 10%"]114[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData2, width: 10%"]200½[/TD]

[TD="class: AlternatingData1, width: 10%"]03/12/2015[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData1, width: 10%"]125[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData1, width: 10%"]CLE[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData1, width: 10%"]128[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData1, width: 10%"]1½[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData1, width: 10%"]206½[/TD]

[TD="class: AlternatingData2, width: 10%"]02/28/2015[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData2, width: 10%"]PHO[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData2, width: 10%"]74[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData2, width: 10%"]101[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData2, width: 10%"]207[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData2, width: 10%"]U[/TD]

[TD="class: AlternatingData1, width: 10%"]02/25/2015[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData1, width: 10%"]POR[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData1, width: 10%"]111[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData1, width: 10%"]95[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData1, width: 10%"]-2½[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData1, width: 10%"]195½[/TD]

[TD="class: AlternatingData2, width: 10%"]02/20/2015[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData2, width: 10%"]GS[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData2, width: 10%"]110[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData2, width: 10%"]99[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData2, width: 10%"]-7½[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData2, width: 10%"]212½[/TD]
[TD="class: AlternatingData2, width: 10%"]U[/TD]

</tbody>
The only time this came up this year they lost 112-106 to OKC
GS is 19-1 last 20 at home on Monday
As a 6 point or less favorite they are 7-2-1 all on the road.
This is supposed to be a slaughter

The 4 games vs the Clippers were obviously playoff games. I prefer to exclude those.

Different mindsets in playoff games as opposed to regular season games.

Either way, thanks for the confusion.

You're on the Spurs but like Golden State.

Let me put this another way
on the road this year the Spurs have lost at
OKC by 6
At Washington as a road favorite by 3
At the Hornets by 5 as a road favorite
At Toronto by 3 as a favorite
At Houston by 4 as a favorite
And lost by 3 at Chicago as a road favorite
GS is dealing with issues of being champion but they are young and by far the best shooting team in the NBA and they are not rabbit killers. They enjoy smashing strong teams. Anyone that wants the Spurs is welcome to them this screams high scoring ass kicking. Spurs will try to slow it down and FAIL and then will go for a million or get serious scoring themselves.

<header> [h=2]The Nuggets' culture change ...[/h] By Andrew Feinstein
</header><header> @afeinst21 on Jan 25, 2016, 7:03a 141 141
</header>
<source type="image/webp">
usa-today-9043980.0.jpg
Justin Ford-USA TODAY Sports

Give head coach Michael Malone credit; the Nuggets rarely go down without a fight.

Tweet Share (14) Pin

Immediately after his Denver Nuggets squeaked out a thrilling home victory against the improved Detroit Pistons at Pepsi Center on Saturday night, the Nuggets young coach Michael Malone shared a brief embrace at half court with his father Brendan, an assistant for the Pistons and the very definition of an NBA lifer (Brendan Malone has been coaching as an assistant or head coach in the NBA since 1986). Even though the elder Malone was no doubt disappointed at his team's inability to best a Nuggets squad sans Kenneth Faried and Jusuf Nurkic, one has to believe that he was beaming with pride for what his son accomplished that evening ... and what his son has accomplished thus far in his first go-around as the Nuggets head coach.
44 games into his debut season as the Nuggets bench master, Michael Malone has completely changed the culture of the Denver Nuggets. Inheriting a team that had no problem laying down and dying in the face of adversity the prior two seasons - something that cost Malone's predecessor his job after 59 games last season - Malone's Nuggets compete nightly. Despite their 17-27 record and the inability to play a consistent rotation thanks to ongoing injuries to the aforementioned Faried and Nurkic in addition to Emmanuel Mudiay, Jameer Nelson and Wilson Chandler, Malone's Nuggets have become a tough out for NBA opponents.

Since shaking off a season-long eight game losing streak by winning at Toronto (the Eastern Conference's second-best team) in early December, the Nuggets have only lost by double digits three times: home against Orlando by 11 and back-to-back at San Antonio (by 15) and at Oklahoma City (by 10). And with the exception of that home loss to the Magic, the Nuggets didn't embarrass themselves against the mighty Spurs and Thunder. Perhaps most impressive was the Nuggets' 111-108 road loss at Golden State to the NBA Champion Warriors, followed up less than two weeks later by an exciting and gut-wrenching two-point victory over the Warriors at Pepsi Center. It might be fair to say that the Warriors would rather play LeBron James in Cleveland than have to face our Nuggets again this season.
While I don't know exactly how Malone has been able to change the culture of the Nuggets so quickly, I have a few theories. First, departed point guard Ty Lawson might just have been more toxic than any of us fans ever realized and for whatever reason, Malone's predecessor Brian Shaw was unable to connect with the troubled Lawson like his predecessor - George Karl - once did. Fortunately for Malone he never had to coach Lawson as Lawson was traded last summer in a classic addition-by-subtraction move for the Nuggets.
Second, the personalities and player substitutions on this Nuggets squad pale in comparison to what Malone had to deal with in Sacramento during his season-plus tenure as head coach of the Kings. Not only did Malone have to mesh big personality and score-first guys like DeMarcus Cousins, Rudy Yag, Derrick Williams and Isaiah Thomas, but Malone's 2013-14 Kings saw 23 players come and go on his roster. Not exactly a recipe for success. Malone's Nuggets, conversely, have essentially had the same roster participants all season long with the exception of the 15th slot being rotated between Erick Green, Kostas Papanikolaou and Sean Kilpatrick.
Third, the Nuggets bevy of injuries - to Chandler and Nurkic and at times to Mudiay, Nelson, Faried and even Danilo Gallinari - combined with their youth has given Malone rule over his team not typical in the NBA. If a player doesn't produce or buy into Malone's system, there's a seat on the bench ready for him and a backup player eagerly ready to play in his spot. So while the Nuggets may not stack up experience or talent-wise with the NBA's best, the team's collective effort meets and often exceeds the competition. Back to that Toronto game, as someone who witnessed it in person it was evident that our Nuggets simply out-competed the formidable Raptors that night to deliver the win.
And finally, perhaps the apple doesn't fall that far from the tree in the Malone family. Malone's father Brendan has long been one of the most respected coaches in the NBA family, having served as an assistant for Patrick Ewing's New York Knicks, Isiah Thomas's Detroit Pistons, James's Cavaliers and Dwight Howard's Magic among others. Point being, the elder Malone certainly understands how to deal with the NBA's biggest egos and challenges and one has to believe that the younger Malone has picked up a thing or two from dad over the years.

Which is why that half court embrace between the two Malones on Saturday night was so special to see. One generation's wisdom has been passed on to the next, and today our Nuggets are the beneficiaries of it.

The total in tonight[s game is a little strange. Atlanta's scoring makes it hard to bet over. Still thinking

Over 193 in Utah.
No ref angles in the game.
Utah 5-4 over on 2
Detroit 15-10 over on 1
Utah scoring zipping up
[TABLE="class: last-games"]
<thead>[TR]
[TH="class: alt"][/TH]
[TH="class: alt"]Score[/TH]
[TH="class: alt"]BG[/TH]
[TH="class: alt"]Line[/TH]
[TH="class: alt"]ATS Mar[/TH]
[TH="class: alt"]O/U[/TH]
[TH="class: alt"]UTA FG[/TH]
[TH="class: alt"]Opp FG[/TH]
[TH="class: alt"]Reb[/TH]
[/TR]
</thead><tbody>[TR]
[TD]01/22/16[/TD]
[TD]@BK [/TD]
[TD]W 108 - 86[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]W -6 [/TD]
[TD]16.0[/TD]
[TD]O 188.5[/TD]
[TD]43/75[/TD]
[TD]33/75[/TD]
[TD]40-24[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]01/20/16[/TD]
[TD]@NY [/TD]
[TD]L 111 - 118 (OT)[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]L 2.5 [/TD]
[TD]-4.5[/TD]
[TD]O 188.5[/TD]
[TD]37/86[/TD]
[TD]47/90[/TD]
[TD]40-38[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]01/18/16[/TD]
[TD]@CHA [/TD]
[TD]L 119 - 124 (OT)[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]L 3.5 [/TD]
[TD]-1.5[/TD]
[TD]O 186[/TD]
[TD]44/104[/TD]
[TD]41/88[/TD]
[TD]49-50[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]01/16/16[/TD]
[TD]LAL [/TD]
[TD]W 109 - 82[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]W -8.5 [/TD]
[TD]18.5[/TD]
[TD]P 191[/TD]
[TD]41/83[/TD]
[TD]31/90[/TD]
[TD]51-44[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]01/14/16[/TD]
[TD]SAC [/TD]
[TD]L 101 - 103[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]L -2.5 [/TD]
[TD]-4.5[/TD]
[TD]O 200.5[/TD]
[TD]35/83[/TD]
[TD]34/74[/TD]
[TD]

[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
Detroit playing last road game after 2 losses
Detroit 6-4 over last 10
Detroit last 10 away 6-4 over.
Utah is not playing nice anymore with that 22 point win at the Nets

Half unit bet on Cleveland over 204.5. 2 over refs. Minn healthy and has been slaughtered last 3 games by Cleveland. Cleveland 3-0 over at home on Monday this year and off a stupendous dump. Got here late and on a bad line so going small. Killersports has 2 trends favoring under in Washington which I can see but am just watching. Kings game is weird spot but what else is new.

Auto bet. Knicks plus 6.5
Reasons vary.
OKC has now failed to cover in their last 6 road games.
OKC has lost the last road game SU thus producing the 1-8 ATS after losing as a favorite trend plus the obvious fact that they have gone I think 21 games without 2 days off

Will be posting totals later. Bucks looks obvious but I am in no hurry. Toronto over? Washington is 7-2 over on no rest. Toronto is 10-17 under on 1 days rest and is playing a team under 500?

Back