****Draft lottery, trade rumors, Kevin Love- Draft In game******

FA questions

If you were a GM would you really try and sign dwade?
If I am pat Riley I do not sign him. He seems washed up.
How about Stephenson?
He is a hot head. Nut job. Stay away.
I like Bledsoe a ton the FA from pho. I hope they resign him as the suns are fun to watch.

And I hope Pau goes to San Antonio. Seems like a great fit there.

moved the thread here dudley..

I heard one person say that Wade is probably worth 3years/30 mill on the market. I think he is done, but if you are the heat and he gets you Bron I think he is probably worth it.

I like Stephenson. Think he has tremendous upside, young, and is already a very good two way player. Vogel seems to have trouble managing egos, so a stronger coach could get him in line I feel. He seems like the guy that will go to whomever pays him the most.

I think Pau would fit in great to a lot of these contenders, but he will have to most likely take a massive pay cut. I just don't see him doing it. He is also probably worth 3 years/30 mill, but none of those "contender" teams are able to pay it.

No problem.
Really hope Pau does not go back to the Lakers and rot in the basement.

He hated Dantonio, and he likes living in La and likes playing with Kobe.

Unlike these other guys he has won titles, so I don't think taking big pay cut to try and chase another one is huge priority for him.

We will see, but kinda feel like the lakers resign him

Bledsoe is the best free agent not named lebron or melo. Clippers turning him into Jared fucking Dudley doesn't get enough attention.

Wish the lakers had a chance. I hate restricted free agency.

Good deal from both sides on the Lowry deal.

I think the Cavs are set up nicely if Bron ever decided to return to the Cavs. Hayward as the back up plan is pretty good, not so much about the dollar amount, but res. FA's getting massivley overpaid anyways.

As a Lakers fan, i'm intrigued as to what could have inticed him besides the money. Sure, they can bring in Gasol back, (which hardly makes them a contender) but what about next year?

As a Lakers fan, i'm intrigued as to what could have inticed him besides the money. Sure, they can bring in Gasol back, (which hardly makes them a contender) but what about next year?

The answer is probably 'nothing.' As Egg said, and has been mentioned a few other times in the thread, Melo cares only about one thing....money. Well, two things I guess, himself and money. On the court, off the court, same thing.

The answer is probably 'nothing.' As Egg said, and has been mentioned a few other times in the thread, Melo cares only about one thing....money. Well, two things I guess, himself and money. On the court, off the court, same thing.

If that is the case, then the Lakers have no chance, NY can give him a lot more.

If that is the case, then the Lakers have no chance, NY can give him a lot more.

They can give him a lot more simply because of the 5th year they can offer him. I read the Lakers can offer him $97M over 4 yrs, as opposed to the $129M over 5 yrs the Knicks can offer him. While it's $32M more, it's really only $25.8M/yr vs. $24.25M/yr.

I wonder if the Lakers could simply give Melo an assurance they will extend him after this season if that's possible through the CBA (it may not be), to make up for the extra year and the money that comes with it.

Channing Frye has agreed to a four-year, $32 million deal with the Magic, source tells Yahoo Sports.

big loss for the Suns

The Cleveland Cavaliers will trade Jarrett Jack to the Brooklyn Nets on Thursday as part of a three-team deal with Boston to create more salary-cap space for the pursuit of LeBron James, according to sources close to the process.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Nets have agreed to take on the contracts of Jack and youngster Sergey Karasev from the Cavaliers in a swap that also will see the Celtics acquire Brooklyn's Marcus Thornton, Cleveland's Tyler Zeller and a future first-round pick from the Cavaliers.

Cleveland will have to acquire at least one future second-rounder from either Brooklyn or Boston to complete the transaction, but the moves will give the Cavaliers significant financial flexibility, shedding Jack, Zeller and Karasev from their roster.

Celtics keep acquiring assets and also get a decent 7 footer in Zeller

Working on details. C's would only send out a protected second rounder in the deal, per source. First rounder coming from Cleveland.

Boston gets: Marcus Thornton-Tyler Zeller, Cavs 2016 protected pick. Top 10 in '16, '17 or '18. Unprotected in '19.

With Rondo, Bass, Anthony and now Thornton's expiring contract, that's nearly $33 million coming off the books next summer #celtics

on a side note, Pierce asking for 10/11 million per year from nets- he is forcing his way out there.

Last edited:
Marc Stein ‏<s>@</s>ESPNSteinLine <small class="time"> 11m </small> Jeremy Lin, I'm told, is heading back to the States soon from a Chinese tour on behalf of adidas to join his new team: Kobe's Lakers

Kobe is going to have a fit. But i guess you can't expect money AND help to win another ring.

ESPN sources also say that Alonzo Gee potentially could wind up being plugged into New Orleans' looming acquisition of Rockets' Omer Asik

ESPN sources say Cavs have other means to acquire Brendan Haywood from Charlotte as planned and thus also send Alonzo Gee to New Orleans

Chicago, Charlotte pursuing deals with free agent guard Kirk Hinrich, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

and just from an F.U. perspective. Danny ainge making the trade last week with Cleveland to stick it to Pat Riley... lots of history there....

The Chicago Bulls are gauging interest with free agent Dwyane Wade, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

I dont understand why Melo doesnt want to win a championship.

I don't get that either, I understand the money part of it, and if that is all he wants that is fine, that is his right. I just look at a guy who has been in the league and has made a lot of money already and looking at the bulls team - he is the missing link - I also think his wife might have something to do with it. Read something about her career and being in NY..

Lots of guys will say he doesnt or wont play defense. Ray allen and Paul pierce didnt play a lick of defense until garnet came here and tibs put his team defensive plan together..

and just from an F.U. perspective. Danny ainge making the trade last week with Cleveland to stick it to Pat Riley... lots of history there....

Very true. The Celtics also had a trade exception that had to be used this off season if I'm not mistaken, so it probably wasn't done just to stick it to Riley, but that probably did come into play when they made the deal.

He's selfish and likes money and personal stats more.

I don't think selfish is the correct word...I get what you are saying, i just think there is more to it...at this stage of his career.... the previous- yes..

Very true. The Celtics also had a trade exception that had to be used this off season if I'm not mistaken, so it probably wasn't done just to stick it to Riley, but that probably did come into play when they made the deal.

absolutely agree.. 2 birds 1 stone..

ESPN sources say Mike Miller is indeed exploring every option to try to reunite with LeBron James in Cleveland after halting talks w/ Denver

I don't think selfish is the correct word...I get what you are saying, i just think there is more to it...

What word would you use? IMO he's selfish on many levels....selfish about the money, selfish with the ball on the court, selfish in that he needs to score, score, score, selfish in that he doesn't play defense, etc. I get your point about Pierce and Allen, and maybe Melo simply needs a coach to light a fire under his ass and make him play defense. If he can mature and become more of a team player, it would seem fans would like him even more.

What word would you use? IMO he's selfish on many levels....selfish about the money, selfish with the ball on the court, selfish in that he needs to score, score, score, selfish in that he doesn't play defense, etc. I get your point about Pierce and Allen, and maybe Melo simply needs a coach to light a fire under his ass and make him play defense. If he can mature and become more of a team player, it would seem fans would like him even more.

sorry just added to my post- saying at "this stage of his career", i dont know what the word is, maybe thinks he owes NY because he forced the trade there, he went to school at syracuse.

Look at what systems he played in -- Denver, run run, and with the Knicks it was Dantony who runs,, when they finaly got a coach who wants some defense,, the team stunk... maybe mature is the word..... or "the right situation"

and then i i look at how the bulls are built right now,, Rose, Taj, Noah, Butler - thats a lot of good defense to hide deficiencies...
then Mcdermot and snell and augustine off the bench...

thought this was funny -

Eric Dittelman ‏@EDittelman 8m
Aw, LeBron just had to sleep with another team before he'd come back and marry Cleveland. It's the best Rom Com this summer!

sorry just added to my post- saying at "this stage of his career", i dont know what the word is, maybe thinks he owes NY because he forced the trade there, he went to school at syracuse.

Look at what systems he played in -- Denver, run run, and with the Knicks it was Dantony who runs,, when they finaly got a coach who wants some defense,, the team stunk... maybe mature is the word..... or "the right situation"

Good points, and I agree to a certain extent. My only thing would be that if he felt he "owed it to the Knicks" he should be willing to take less money in order to make the team around him better. It's tough for me to get behind him thinking he owes it to the Knicks and then taking nothing less than a max contract.

Good points, and I agree to a certain extent. My only thing would be that if he felt he "owed it to the Knicks" he should be willing to take less money in order to make the team around him better. It's tough for me to get behind him thinking he owes it to the Knicks and then taking nothing less than a max contract.

completely understood..

saw nick young resigned with the lakers as well...

Nick Young agrees to 4-year, $21.5 million deal with Lakers

With Lin at pg,, this team will score 105 a game and give up 125...

Has the potential to be the worse defense ever...

Sacramento restricted free agent Isaiah Thomas has reached agreement on an offer sheet with Phoenix, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

If kings dont match-- think some other chips fall in phoenix....

Back