Donald Sterling: Dont bring people to my games!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In March :rofl:

But on the good side of the ledger for Sterling, he was about to be awarded the NAACP of LA's Lifetime Achievement award on May 15. So there's that

Complete transcript of LeBron's response on Donald Sterling

What are your thoughts on Donald Sterling’s comments?

“If the reports are true, it’s unacceptable. It’s unacceptable in our league. It doesn’t matter if you’re white, black, Hispanic, whatever, all across the races. It’s unacceptable and as a commissioner in our league, they have to make a stand, and they have to be very aggressive with it. I don’t know what it’s going to be, but you just can’t have that in our league. We’re the model citizens of all sports around the world and because we’re the most recognizable, I mean, it figures. You see us all the time, you see our logos, you see our players, and for an owner to come out and say the things that he said, it’s very disrespectful, it’s very appalling and one of my best friends and dear friends plays on his team in Chris Paul and I haven’t had an opportunity to talk to him but I can only imagine what’s going through his head.”

How difficult would it be to play with that hanging over…
“I don’t know. I kind of waivered back and forth whether I would actually sit out. If our owner would come out and say the things that he said, I would really have to sit down with my teammates, talk to my family because at the end of the day, our family, and our teammates are way more important than that. Basketball is huge, obviously the playoffs have been unbelievable, and I hate the fact that something like this has to come out when the playoffs have been unbelievable and the game of basketball continues to grow, but there is no room for Donald Sterling in our league. There is no room for him.”

Does it make you angry?
“I’m not angry. Just disappointed more than anything. There is only 30 owners and 400-plus of us. For a player, I just think…I put my…I can only imagine if a player came out and said something of that stature what would happen to us as players. So, I believe in Adam [Silver], I believe in the NBA and they have to do something and do something very fast and quickly before this really gets out of hand. Like I said, there is no room for Donald Sterling in our league, man. There it is.”

Yeah the fact that it was released is a completely different issue, wonder the story behind that

Sterling played with fire long enough it appears.

I haven't given it a lot of thought, but I don't have a big problem with secret recordings being released. If it's going to ruin your life, then don't say it.

Complete transcript of LeBron's response on Donald Sterling

What are your thoughts on Donald Sterling’s comments?

“If the reports are true, it’s unacceptable. It’s unacceptable in our league. It doesn’t matter if you’re white, black, Hispanic, whatever, all across the races. It’s unacceptable and as a commissioner in our league, they have to make a stand, and they have to be very aggressive with it. I don’t know what it’s going to be, but you just can’t have that in our league. We’re the model citizens of all sports around the world and because we’re the most recognizable, I mean, it figures. You see us all the time, you see our logos, you see our players, and for an owner to come out and say the things that he said, it’s very disrespectful, it’s very appalling and one of my best friends and dear friends plays on his team in Chris Paul and I haven’t had an opportunity to talk to him but I can only imagine what’s going through his head.”

How difficult would it be to play with that hanging over…
“I don’t know. I kind of waivered back and forth whether I would actually sit out. If our owner would come out and say the things that he said, I would really have to sit down with my teammates, talk to my family because at the end of the day, our family, and our teammates are way more important than that. Basketball is huge, obviously the playoffs have been unbelievable, and I hate the fact that something like this has to come out when the playoffs have been unbelievable and the game of basketball continues to grow, but there is no room for Donald Sterling in our league. There is no room for him.”

Does it make you angry?
“I’m not angry. Just disappointed more than anything. There is only 30 owners and 400-plus of us. For a player, I just think…I put my…I can only imagine if a player came out and said something of that stature what would happen to us as players. So, I believe in Adam [Silver], I believe in the NBA and they have to do something and do something very fast and quickly before this really gets out of hand. Like I said, there is no room for Donald Sterling in our league, man. There it is.”

Color me impressed if Lebron said that stuff. Kid makes all the right moves. Who misspelled "waivered" though, Lebron, teed or the transcriber?

<iframe width="600" height="338" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jF7o8BMgm1c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sterling acquired the Clippers in 1981 for $12.5 million, and as of 2014, the team is valued at $575 million by Forbes magazine

Im thinking it easily sells for that. Prob closer to 700. The Bucks sold for 550..

Anyway, thats a nice ROI if they force him to sell.

So what do y'all think realistically happens? Suspended for a year?
This is what I don't get....So they suspend him? What does that mean? He cannot go to his own games? So what?

I am sure they fine him....the real punishment will be him getting future black players to play their again and staff....

Them old Onthespot sure don't like brothers huh lol

his bitch is hot too.....so she baited him and recorded the phone call? cant trust these ho's Sterling

they ought to still give it to him, would love to see/hear him in that environment

The girlfriend is getting sued by mrs sterling. So the side piece released the tape. Who gives a fuck if she recorded him? That's what he gets for trusting his fucking Mistress and being a goddamn racist. And yes, it's news. And yes, it's something we should talk about. This is like when people ask why Yag people have to come out of the closet, like they shouldn't "male a big deal about it". I hope y'all take a look around and realize there is a large part of this country that thinks we're post-racial. Including the Supreme Court. These kind of examples need to be brought out into the open and figured out.

donald sterling is wack...if i was the players and coach and basically anybody in the organization, i would hope he gets forced to sell the team (though i don't know if the nba can actually do that lol)

donald sterling is wack...if i was the players and coach and basically anybody in the organization, i would hope he gets forced to sell the team (though i don't know if the nba can actually do that lol)

You know what would be crazy? If Magic Johnson heads an ownership group (maybe his crew with the Dodgers) and buys the Clippers. Now THAT would be the icing on the cake with this story.

Sterling's Dream Team

white_basketball_players.jpeg

Pretty sure i got it right but it should be

K Heinrich, M Miller, M Dunleavy, D Lee, C Kaman, B Miller
K Korver, S Blake, K Love, Wally, T Murphy, N Collison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back