Donald Sterling: Dont bring people to my games!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very well done Silver, you have just earned more of my respect in 5 mins than Stern had in decades.

I guess this means you can't threaten to kill your coach or bring guns into the locker room anymore...

Million dollar question. Do the owners have the balls to vote the 75% needed to force a sale?

Perfect timing for new commish to just say he couldn't control the past but can bring the heat now

Million dollar question. Do the owners have the balls to vote the 75% needed to force a sale?

I would say no

Cuban said what a slippery slope it would be, none of those guys really want to set themselves up for something similar

He basically handed out the max that his position would allow and also promised to spearhead the process to remove him from ownership.

I would say no

Cuban said what a slippery slope it would be, none of those guys really want to set themselves up for something similar

Thats what I'm wondering about once that can is opened it can't be closed. This however would be as good of a chance as any to remove someone. They would certainly have public backing.

Couldn't he just hand the ownership to a family member?

Give nba credit for taking hard line stance. Not sure how courts will look at this

I would say no

Right. And they all know that Sterling would just end up filing an anti-trust lawsuit if he's "forced" to sell. If he can't get the true market value for his team, since anyone knowing that he HAS to sell will just low-ball all offers, he would most likely win an anti-trust lawsuit. Cuban's comments were all spot-on, and his line of thinking is probably more in line with the other owners (as opposed to the "outraged" public/players/etc).

Already done...

They haven't voted as to the forced sale of the team yet. (at least I haven't seen anything saying they did) Did you read something that no one else has seen? The owners have been "urged" to force a sale by Silver....that's the only thing they've said about it.

He would have gotten in a lot less trouble if he would have beaten his girlfriend's ass. Kinda interesting

Right. And they all know that Sterling would just end up filing an anti-trust lawsuit if he's "forced" to sell. If he can't get the true market value for his team, since anyone knowing that he HAS to sell will just low-ball all offers, he would most likely win an anti-trust lawsuit. Cuban's comments were all spot-on, and his line of thinking is probably more in line with the other owners (as opposed to the "outraged" public/players/etc).

he'll get full market value, there will be more than one buyer, they will create a bidding war against each other, resulting in fair market value.

Retweeted by Yahoo Sports
Adrian Wojnarowski@WojYahooNBA <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187);"> 12m</small>
Several groups with desire to purchase Clippers are already stepping forward, with a bidding war expected to exceed $1 billion for Clippers.

he'll get full market value, there will be more than one buyer, they will create a bidding war against each other, resulting in fair market value.

He could, but his lawyers can still argue that he would have gotten more from a sale if this incident never took place. I'm not saying he's right, but that's definitely what his lawyers will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back