Donald Sterling: Dont bring people to my games!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I'm not. He's not the main money guy, or even close to it. His ownership stake in the Dodgers is 3-4%. You really think he's close to a billionaire or something?

Look at what you wrote.... You said he doesn't have much money?????

Yes he only owns a part of the doyers

But magic Johnson enterprises as a whole is worth like 1b

The theatre's the restaurants

He owns like 250 Starbucks

Look at what you wrote.... You said he doesn't have much money?????

In the grand scheme of sports ownerships, he doesn't. And that was also in reply to you (or someone) asking how he has enough money to be "buying sports teams." He's not buying the teams himself, or anywhere near that, as evidence by his 2.5% ownership in the Dodgers. He was a face more than anything.

I also said he doesn't have "that much money," and in this case "that" was the word I was using to say he doesn't have as much money as someone who can go around buying pro sports franchises on his own. I didn't say he doesn't have "much money."

What does a lifetime ban actually mean? He can't attend NBA games? He can't own a team?

Right now he is banned from all clippers facilities. Games practices, etc. He's basically banned from the nba. If he wants to go a kings game I don't think anyone will stop him.

He put down 50 Mill for dodgers, that's 2.5%... He is a face more than anything

All I was saying. I wasn't saying Magic isn't wealthy or doesn't have money. I was talking more on the grand scale of everything involved with owning a sports franchise on your own, as opposed to within a group.

Is being called a racist the worst thing that one can be accused of today in America? I honestly don't know if the reaction would have been the same had he murdered someone

So if this old kook completely fights it and attempts to attend a game, what happens? Security personnel allowed to physically prevent him?

The NBA is a joke as a whole. If it folded tomorrow doubt many would care. Certainly nobody I associate with.

Blacks and whites are equally racist in general, the guy is a dirtbag like 99% of the owners and players. Only difference is they weren't set up by a whore and had their private convo recorded.

Love how he was all set to receive the NAACP award after worse comments years prior? How, why? Must have given them some chedda...

Now hopefully they get this crap off my tv, watching every media blowhard act like they are mr right for ratings and a popularity contest has made me queasy.

Dirtbags on Dirtbags on Dirtbags.

No NBA. I don't think what this guy did was that big of a deal. His bitch illegally taped him saying racist shit. And everyone who watches the NBA apparently knew he was racist before this.

As I said, I think he's a loser. But what he said he my eyes is just stupid bigotry. Not sure there deserves to be any sort of ban for this.

He could, but his lawyers can still argue that he would have gotten more from a sale if this incident never took place. I'm not saying he's right, but that's definitely what his lawyers will do.

That's not the NBA's fault. That's the problem Sterling created for himself. He personally devalued the team with his comments. Sponsors have left, thus the lower valuation along with public perception...

No NBA. I don't think what this guy did was that big of a deal. His bitch illegally taped him saying racist shit. And everyone who watches the NBA apparently knew he was racist before this.

As I said, I think he's a loser. But what he said he my eyes is just stupid bigotry. Not sure there deserves to be any sort of ban for this.

fallout has been huge from sponsors, fans and players, whether it's just a delayed reaction is irrelevant. Social media the way it is this had to be done or the brand is completely tarnished whether it was illegally recorded or not.

Yes he only owns a part of the doyers

But magic Johnson enterprises as a whole is worth like 1b

The theatre's the restaurants

He owns like 250 Starbucks

He's worth a lot, but he's not LIQUID. That's what matters - what you can outlay in cash or through debt service to buy out the current ownership group. Magic doesn't have the liquidity to be a majority owner, but he does have the wealth....

I have followed it, and heard the tapes. Although I wouldn't condone them myself nor do I think they are wise, they simply aren't that bad. I think his requests not to bring them to the game arises more out of jealousy versus racism. HE is an older male who doesn't appreciate his hot younger COLORED gf to not flaunt these men around at games. His statements about paying them and giving them clothes, cars, and houses is all fact and has nothing to do with race.

This is a man who turned around the Clippers organization and spent millions on these players regardless of color or his personal opinion. Doc should remember there are plenty of great coaches out there who aren't black he could have opted to overpay. I just find this disturbing in todays society this can be so blown up. I mean for christ sake Obama is making comments about slavery at a internation convention. Sorry for blasting off, but earth to RETARD, you are black and you were voted our president. Lets not set ourselves back, but holy shit does the president need to comment on this while in China?

If he is banned for his comments using descriptive language (while being clearly set up) then RIley Cooper should be hung by the Black Panthers.

I should note I think he needs to be smarter and shouldn't have said it, but this is crazy the publicity.

If he didn't have such a messed up relationship with his wife I'm sure he would transfer ownership to her

I get what you're saying. But it came out in the public and he acknowledged that it was his voice. The mans words were just downright disgusting. It came out and being in a position of his stature, Silver HAD to do what he did. There's way too much money involved and too many players/fans affected.

He's worth a lot, but he's not LIQUID. That's what matters - what you can outlay in cash or through debt service to buy out the current ownership group. Magic doesn't have the liquidity to be a majority owner, but he does have the wealth....

No one said he could

Was just disputing 'magic doesn't have that much money'

The NBA is a joke as a whole. If it folded tomorrow doubt many would care. Certainly nobody I associate with.

Blacks and whites are equally racist in general, the guy is a dirtbag like 99% of the owners and players. Only difference is they weren't set up by a whore and had their private convo recorded.

Love how he was all set to receive the NAACP award after worse comments years prior? How, why? Must have given them some chedda...

Now hopefully they get this crap off my tv, watching every media blowhard act like they are mr right for ratings and a popularity contest has made me queasy.

Dirtbags on Dirtbags on Dirtbags.

He received the award because he donated money. Nothing else.

Your comments about the league itself are foolish. Any other league would do the same thing.

I have been lurking more than posting the last few months. But I have to say, I'm a huge fan of Guaranteed. Dude is as sharp as they come.

@WojYahooNBA: Bottom line: There isn't a franchise that could withstand public backlash of failing to vote w/ Adam Silver on Donald Sterling's ouster.

That's not the NBA's fault. That's the problem Sterling created for himself. He personally devalued the team with his comments. Sponsors have left, thus the lower valuation along with public perception...

Agreed, but none of that comes into play unless he is forced to sell the team. Again, I don't necessarily agree with it, but it's damn sure what the lawyers will be arguing.

No one said he could

Was just disputing 'magic doesn't have that much money'

Again, he doesn't have THAT much money, when we are comparing to those who can afford to buy a pro sports franchise on their own (which was my point, not that he wasn't rich). It was implied that he could buy up sports franchises, which is why I made the comment to begin with. We agree, the way the posts were written may have caused some confusion.

:shake:

cuban won't let it sell than less than a billion...

And that would definitely be fair market value (at the very least). Cuban will probably be the voice of reason in the upcoming owner's meeting on this topic. He knows they don't want to get an anti-trust lawsuit, so if he can somehow ensure that enough money is paid for the franchise, he (and the owners) can most likely avoid any potential lawsuits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back