Coaching/GM Carousel 2013

Not a coach carousel post, but really? ...

[h=1]Sources: Browns looking into bringing back Derek Anderson[/h]

DEREK_ANDERSON_20100309232555_320_240.JPEG

Read more: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/sports/...to-bringing-back-derek-anderson#ixzz2HymSMNU7

The eagles coaching search is embarrassingly terrible. that is all i have to add to this.

If you interview 10 people for 8 hours at a pop you are doing something wrong.....

Eagles interviewing Jay Gruden right now....hopefully about what Jon is doing and when would be good for him to come in

The eagles coaching search is embarrassingly terrible. that is all i have to add to this.

If you interview 10 people for 8 hours at a pop you are doing something wrong.....

Im ok with it...as long as they hire the right guy

Would rather have them interview everyone whos ever coached in the NFL than panic and hire Rob Chudzinski

I mean if you look at it, what have they missed out on by not hiring anyone yet?

Chudzinki? Marrone? Didnt want either of them anyway...

The only thing thats really stung so far is Chip Kelly saying no but that was a long shot going in with Phil Knight around and he seems a little flaky about whether or not he wants to be in the NFL anyway...

(OBrien was always a pipe dream due to the buyout and the fact that he woulda burned PSU to the ground had he left and I dont think that was something he was comfortable doing)

Eagles interviewing Jay Gruden right now....hopefully about what Jon is doing and when would be good for him to come in
maybe they just wanted to ask him about his gameplan that produced six offensive points after watching a coach that was fired put up 41 on the same team a week later yesterday.

What are they bringing him back to do?

Play QB?

Hahahahahaha

Back-up, I assume, he's kind of followed Chud around the league at times. He's no older than Weeden, I think that's problematic for a new coach and for Weeden, because the town isn't nearly 100% behind Weeden. There are actually still Colt McCoy factions. Plus, Weeden and DA are almost the same guy, Weeden just provides more promise by virtue of a shorter bad track record.

Also Vick rumors floating around, but that would beyond amaze me.

I can't see Vick in Cleveland. It doesn't fit for half a dozen reasons.

As for DA, I think he's lobbying for a job essentially because he knows he's out in Carolina. Also, that he's only like four months older than Weeden is just weird. If he ends up in Cleveland it's with an invite to camp where he has to beat out McCoy to be the backup. Which he can honestly probably do because he's good in practice. He just sucks in games now that teams have tape on him.

With the Birds, I don't care that the search has gone on this long. As Smoke said, who's really been hired? The guy we fired and two guys we don't want? Fine.

What concerns me are those LaCanfora quotes on Roseman. Those are serious shots not just run of the mill talk. That worries me a lot.

Actually, if those quotes are true and Roseman thinks he runs the building and the team it makes me think we need someone like Wiz or even Lovie (much as I hate to say it). That would blunt that guy's influence some, whereas a first time coach may not be given all the room he needs to really run the team.

I dont mind not having a coach right now at all....the issue is they are interviewing every tom dick and harry in the biz which means they never really had a a plan after kelly....or they had a plan and the ALL of the coaches they wanted didnt want them....all of that is not good. You cant convince me of the "we got our man" speech we are going to get when whomever is hired. it just looks really really terrible from the outside looking in.

What do you Philly guys think about the rumblings that coaching is a small fraternity and Reid's blackballing the Eagles job as best he can? I've heard that a few times. Money's thicker than coach fraternity blood though.

I hope he is blackballing the Eagles job to anyone associated with Reid

that would be a positive in my mind

(but its not even close to true since Billick is one of his best friends)

Probably just bloggers being bloggers. I can't imagine Andy Reid calling up candidates with impassioned pleas to reject the job.

I dont mind not having a coach right now at all....the issue is they are interviewing every tom dick and harry in the biz which means they never really had a a plan after kelly....or they had a plan and the ALL of the coaches they wanted didnt want them....all of that is not good. You cant convince me of the "we got our man" speech we are going to get when whomever is hired. it just looks really really terrible from the outside looking in.

Who knows? Maybe they really really really like Greg Roman and theyre just killing time laying ground work for potential coordinators and getting as many different 'how Id fix the Eagles' opinions as possible till SF is knocked out?

Also, as shown time and time again, I really dont think they could possibly care less about how they look from the outside looking in

Smoke, no pressure and I won't bust your balls, just fun to follow ... who's your #1 right now, Jon (not Jay) Gruden? (I wanted Saban or Kelly, but was OK with my obvious third choice if you've read my work over the years, Chud.)

Right now? Yeah, Im back to where I was 3 years ago - Jon Gruden

Of the people theyve interviewed? Probably Gus Bradley, though I wouldnt hire him without interviewing Roman first

Chip Kelly and OBrien were at the top of my list fwiw

Jay Gruden has fallen completely off of it

And Ive cooled on McCoy

I think Jon Gruden would be an awesome fit in Philly for the next five-year window, but as I said before, really seems like he's waiting for an an ideal situation. Like an offseason Harbaugh boating accident.

Harbaugh family boat accident that is. One unfound, other crisped beyond recognition, a young Dick Dreyfus saying, "This is no boat accident!" Mixing up my Jaws a bit, but humor me.

Hunt, not a better line in the history of film. You gotta like the movie and Roy Scheider's character first, but I will take that movie line above all others.

You guys will probably never believe this and it might do irreparable damage to my reputation, but....

Ive never seen Jaws

By the way on Gruden...if it was Dungys team he won with then WHY THE FUCK COULDNT DUNGY WIN THE SUPER BOWL WITH HIS OWN GODDAMN TEAM!?!?!

two of his teams played against each other in the superbowl, he turned Rich Gannon in to an MVP

all you need to know

I am still holding out hope he waits another year or two for the Raider job to open, he's going to win another Superbowl in the next 6-7 years

lol

Draft Joeckel, slide Herremans back to guard, Peters and Kelcee come back and you have a top 5 OLine in the league

garbage...get the fuck outta here

Back