Coaching/GM Carousel 2013

It goes back to the same point as always. Unless you draft the one Andrew Luck that comes out every few years, you have to develop & coach QBs. If you can do that as a franchise, you'll win games. If you can't you're the Buffalo Bills and the Cleveland Browns.

Foles has all the tools. Kolb has all the tools. If the coaches who come into these situations can coach up QBs, the teams will turn around surprisingly fast. If not, they'll tank almost immediately.

Same as it ever was.

I don't see what more you can ask for from Foles. I watched every snap he took, he has poise and arm strength and his footwork was always his biggest issue but hes worked his ass off to get better at that.

His throws just look like NFL throws if that makes sense. I dont know who you see rip the guy, but I highly doubt that its anyone whos really watched him. The guy looks the part, has a good arm, and doesnt get rattled. Ppl just remember he was ehh in college and drafted in the 3rd round so they assume he sucks.

Obviously hes not a finished product, but I would bet serious money of him being a decent to good NFL qb

heard this before

how is Tyler Thigpen doing these days?

I don't see what more you can ask for from Foles. I watched every snap he took, he has poise and arm strength and his footwork was always his biggest issue but hes worked his ass off to get better at that.

His throws just look like NFL throws if that makes sense. I dont know who you see rip the guy, but I highly doubt that its anyone whos really watched him. The guy looks the part, has a good arm, and doesnt get rattled. Ppl just remember he was ehh in college and drafted in the 3rd round so they assume he sucks.

Obviously hes not a finished product, but I would bet serious money of him being a decent to good NFL qb
u mean Reid coached him up? ...that can't be right...

A6cET.gif

Also, what is the ceiling for a decent QB?

Matt Schaub and the 2nd weekend of the playoffs? Andy Dalton and the 1st?

what's the point?

Something about Trestman tells me he'd be a one-year failed experiment.

Yeah, I have trouble seeing how Chicago sells Tressman as an improvement on Lovie. Winning cures everything, but in the short term, um ...

mccoy seems like a chawger, bradley an eagle, a little surprised arians didnt go to sd

the bears coaching search has now reached its 100th candidate, feel free to apply

Only correct thing that teeed has said regarding the Iggles is that Foles sucks. I said it when they drafted him. He's not the answer, but unfortunately we are going to have to sit through at least part of a season with him back there.

Igs do not need a complete rebuild. They have 3 areas of concern (granted they are all pretty significant holes); QB, interior OL, and safety. They are at or near the bottom of the league in these three areas. If they're smart and draft Joeckel and move Herremans back to guard where he belongs and Kelce gets back to form, we have that sorted out for the most part. At safety they need to get busy in free agency and the second and third rounds of the draft. Kurt Coleman would not start on my flag football team and Nate Allen can't stay healthy (and isn't that great even when he is). QB is what will keep this team from being back in the playoff hunt next year. Foles showed all he needed to show in college, and that is that he is not smart or poised enough to be a starting QB in the NFL. He reminds me a lot of a more mobile Kevin Kolb, he just looks shocked out there with the pass rush coming at him 2 steps faster than it did in the PAC12. I don't know what the answer is here, to be honest, it's definitely not in the draft this year and won't be next year either (don't start with that midget Manziel....).

Galt we must have watched completely different Eagles games this year if you think Foles lacks poise.

Igs do not need a complete rebuild. They have 3 areas of concern (granted they are all pretty significant holes); QB, interior OL, and safety. They are at or near the bottom of the league in these three areas. If they're smart and draft Joeckel and move Herremans back to guard where he belongs and Kelce gets back to form, we have that sorted out for the most part. At safety they need to get busy in free agency and the second and third rounds of the draft. Kurt Coleman would not start on my flag football team and Nate Allen can't stay healthy (and isn't that great even when he is).

aside from the qb part, I agree with the rest of this paragraph whole heartedly.

A few guys were saying that Coleman would be a good guy to keep for special teams, and I am not 100% opposed to it. I mean, look, the guy sucked huge huge balls lastyear, but he was a 7th rounder who shouldnt be starting. A 7th rounder should be a crazy mfer who just likes to hit, and thats what KC is. As bad as he was as a safety, Im not sure hed be terrible on special teams, which is also a huge area of need.

Andy Reid and the Eagles got into a terrible habit of expecting 5th-7th rounders to contribute as everyday players, whereas the realistic attitude that good teams have is that these guys are fill ins at best but should contribute on special teams. guys like Coleman and Matthews are awful on the field on D, but i wouldnt mind them sticking to special teams.

I wouldn't mind that, actually, but do you do that to Foles if you are going to give him a shot at the job?

The thing about matt flynn is that after his beastly game against the shitty Lions D, he was a hot commodity, but he worked out for 4 or 5 teams and they all passed on him until Seattle grabbed him. Teams with awful qbs looked at him and still decided they didnt want him. there's a reason for that. I think Flynn is a good backup, and I'd take Foles over him 100 times over 100

and yeah you guys can go ahead and rip me for guys ive hyped like Thigpen and even Webb. I still think in the right system with a chance, those guys could have made it. I'll have that conversation anytime because I love it. Ill argue that Tom Brady could very well be a backup who never got a chance to start if Bledsoe never got hurt. Ill argue that David Carr never had a chance once he was drafted by Houston.

So much goes into a qb having success, its not just coaching or talent, its when the right skill set meets the right system. Plenty of busts could have been solid in the right environment, and plenty of guys who have made pro bowls could have been absolute jokes in the wrong environment.

I think Foles has the body, the arm, and the talent to be a starter, he just needs a coach to believe in him and a coordinator willing to build an offense around his strengths.

DWoww what game impressed you of Foles'? Tampa? They gave that game away and I thought Fles was good, not great. Where did you see that ability to take a step, avoid the rush, and then deliver a ball on target to a receiver? I didn't see it much if at all, I saw a guy who, in fairness was under a lot of pressure behind that patchwork OL, took a lot of sacks and threw some bad balls when he had to get rid of it quick.

DWoww what game impressed you of Foles'? Tampa? They gave that game away and I thought Fles was good, not great. Where did you see that ability to take a step, avoid the rush, and then deliver a ball on target to a receiver? I didn't see it much if at all, I saw a guy who, in fairness was under a lot of pressure behind that patchwork OL, took a lot of sacks and threw some bad balls when he had to get rid of it quick.

His first game against Washington was pretty rough (of course it didnt help that Andy had him throwing 51 times in his first ever start)

After that, I think he got better by the game. He looked good in the Dallas game, the second Washington game, and even in the cincy game in the 1st half. And he did so much more than Vick did with that o-line which is kind of odd considering vick has the speed to escape and Foles doesnt.

And some ppl were saying that the o-line had gotten better and thats why Foles looked better, but vick comes in for one last game and looks like absolute dogshit again. Not a coincidence in my opinion.

The second Washington game really impressed me, and if Evan Moore could hold on to a perfect slant pass that was in his hands, Washington may have never made the playoffs, and RG3 would be perfectly healthy right now.

So yeah, Evan Moore is the reason that RG3 is hurting now haha.

I dunno man. He threw some pretty terrible passes. Remember the Carolina game where he shoulda had about five picks?

he threw some other balls that McNabb even thought were at the receivers feet.

And for this guy with this supposed huge arm he sure does throw a shitty deep ball

If I were howie, I'd call Reid, rob him blind for Foles, sign Alex smith and draft the kid from NC State in the second round

perhaps he's already told Sea staff...sorta how McCoy went down even though he was still dotting the i's and crossing the t's...

@RapSheet: On Eagles/Bradley from some1 who spoke with #Eagles: No decision been made. Bradley's 1st interview was 90 mins. They need a real interview

So that leaves what? Jacksonville and Arizona?

roman to Jax, jay Gruden to az, wisenhunt here as OC, lovie here as DC

done, done, done and done!

By the way...no pressure to get this done, Birds....its only Bradley or Wisenhunt from all accounts...no drop off there

Id take him as an OC

Definitely not as head coach

that would be a complete failure

Supposedly he's in play for Denvers OC spot if he doesnt get a head coaching gig though

so you want him developing Foles? If thats the plan? We know how that worked out in AZ.....pass on Wiz.

If Bradley doesnt happen you have 3 choices:

1. Make Jon Gruden happen
2. Greg Roman
3. Hire one of Wisenhunt/Lovie/Billick

Problem is theyve expressed zero interest in 1 or 2 and 3 would be a complete failure

Back