• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

CFL Syndicate 2024

ML.........1-1
Spread.6-0
O/U.......6-3
Parley...2-3
Total......15-7 +$337

Just to keep my interest I played 2/4 rotation overs, Cheers BOL everyone.

Edm/Ott o52.5 + Wpg/Sask o49.5 20/69
Edm/Ott o52.5 + Tor/Ham o53.5 20/66
Edm/Ott o52.5 + BC/Cal o52.5 20/65
Wpg/Sask o49.5 + BC/Cal o52.5 20/66
Wpg/Sask o49.5 + Tor/Ham o53.5 20/68
Tor/Ham o53.5 + BC/Cal o52.5 20/64

Agree 100% on Ottawa. Big play for me. Expect them to close favs.

Sniffed around Edmonton but again I just can't bet them as favs. Finding every way possible to lose.

If Fajardo is healthy and a go I think MTL drubs the Riders. Evans tho...ehhhh

Agree 100% on Ottawa. Big play for me. Expect them to close favs.

Sniffed around Edmonton but again I just can't bet them as favs. Finding every way possible to lose.

If Fajardo is healthy and a go I think MTL drubs the Riders. Evans tho...ehhhh
No confirmation yet on Fajardo but he hasn't practised this week and some beat reporters were speculating he could be out for a few weeks. But with these 2 defences and 2 backup QBs, the under will be in play

No confirmation yet on Fajardo but he hasn't practised this week and some beat reporters were speculating he could be out for a few weeks. But with these 2 defences and 2 backup QBs, the under will be in play
The Montreal Alouettes have listed quarterback Cody Fajardo as doubtful and the Saskatchewan Roughriders listed running back AJ Ouellette as out for their matchup on Thursday.

Montreal opens as -3.5 favs. I seriously doubt Fajardo plays. They have no serious challengers in the east so they can afford to rest him and start Evans and rely on their defence to get a win vs a Sask team that doesn't have a lot of offence either.

Seriously considering betting Sask here but they are on a short week with travel which makes it hard.

Edmonton has moved across the 3 to -3.5 which makes me like Hamilton. Neither of these teams are good and the Elks have little to no HFA so it could be a close one.

Montreal opens as -3.5 favs. I seriously doubt Fajardo plays. They have no serious challengers in the east so they can afford to rest him and start Evans and rely on their defence to get a win vs a Sask team that doesn't have a lot of offence either.

Seriously considering betting Sask here but they are on a short week with travel which makes it hard.
Fajardo put on 6 game injury list this morning. Caleb Evans will get the start at quarterback on Thursday, when the Als host the Saskatchewan Roughriders at Molson Stadium. Both teams lead their respective divisions with 5-1 records.

Makes sense to stay away tonight.

Don't know if anyone saw the post-game interview with Alexander. He dedicated the game to his father who is battling cancer and got really choked up. It was very touching.

So Dukes & Arbuckle split reps with 1st team this week, Dukes will be on a short leash today.
If they think Arbuckle will do any better I think that is misguided. He has come in late in a couple of games and looked good but that is pretty common in a game where a team is down multiple scores and the defence starts playing off. In a close game against a committed defence, I don't think Arbuckle is much better than Dukes. The only real difference is he is willing to push the ball downfield and Dukes is more focused on not making any mistakes.

If they think Arbuckle will do any better I think that is misguided. He has come in late in a couple of games and looked good but that is pretty common in a game where a team is down multiple scores and the defence starts playing off. In a close game against a committed defence, I don't think Arbuckle is much better than Dukes. The only real difference is he is willing to push the ball downfield and Dukes is more focused on not making any mistakes.
“I’m probably gonna play both of them and we’ll go from there. We all believe in Cam, I still do, but Nick, I have a comfort level with him. I’ve won some games with him, been around him a long time. Nick went in there and did a good job getting the ball out of his hands. He’s been in the system a little bit more, seen a lot more football than Cam has but Cam’s still a good player.” Dinwiddie said.

I'm thinking we see both today for sure, Dinwiddie has never been a play it safe guy if Dukes can't get things going early it will be a quick hook. They still have 3 more games minimum without Kelly so they need to get the offense going so they keep the pressure of Kelly when he comes back, and he will be scrutinized big time when he comes back for sure. They certainly don't wanna be 3-6 or 4-5 and add tons of pressure to Kelly to be the savior when he's back. I think Careys usage gets upped today to protect Dukes slow release and if it doesn't help we see Arbuckle sooner than later. I am prolly gonna go with the o50.5 as I feel even though the Bombers D has made strides the last few weeks and the O has been sporadic to say the least I think Collaros can take advantage of a weak Argo DB & Safety core. BOL Cheers

Finally came down below 50 thought total was too high all week so just grabbed this.

Winnipeg/Toronto o48.5 50/94

I don't get why Toronto is favored here. Scuffling team rotating two bad QBs is not a good situation for a fav at all.

Winnipeg is down no doubt but they are still better than their record. Looked good the two games before just a stinker last week. I'll take the vet team and better QB as a dog here all day.

Time to pull Dukes offense is stagnant, you got the CFLs leading rusher Ka'deem Carey 1stQ 1 touch for 6yds, get Arbuckle in there shake things up.

The New York Giants are releasing Canadian quarterback Nathan Rourke.
Giants head coach Brian Daboll announced the move Sunday.
Interesting will he b picked up or back to the CFL we shall see.

Week 9 early leans...

Hamilton +3.5 - I made this line +2 assuming Davis Alexander gets the start for Montreal. If its Caleb Evans, I like it even more. I think Alexander will come back down to earth a little bit now that he isn't catching a team unprepared as Sask was last week. Even though the cats defence is neat the bottom of the league, with a week to gameplan against him, I think they should be able to do better.

Calgary -1.5 - The Stamps have been much better at home and coming off an ugly loss on a short week they should look better. Toronto is coming off that absolute luckbox win vs the Bombers but in reality they look like a reeling team. They have no reliable QB. The league has figured Dukes out and Arbuckle isn't the solution. It wouldn't even surprise me to see Bryan Scott get the start.

1* Hamilton +4 -113

Looks like Alexander is getting the start for Montreal this week. As good as he looked in relief last week, he also caught Sask off guard and getting tired on a short week with travel. Going on the road against a team that has time to prepare for him will be a different matter.

Hamilton's defence, while still not good, has improved somewhat as they got Leonard and Hendrix back. There's also a good chance they get Katsantonis back this week although the rookie Panabaker has been decent back there. On the offensive side, it looks like the cats will finally have their full OL back in action this week.

1* Calgary ML -144

I hesitated and missed the good number but I still think theres value here. Calgary has been the classic home/away team this year and the line is a bit low because of the drubbing they took at Ottawa last week. But that was a very bad spot for them and now they have a 9 day week to rest up and prepare.

The Argos are in some trouble right now. Who do they start? All options look equally bad. They are just waiting until their saviour Chad Kelly comes back. Against any team with a decent run defence, which Calgary has, Toronto's offence sputters.

1* Calgary ML -144

I hesitated and missed the good number but I still think theres value here. Calgary has been the classic home/away team this year and the line is a bit low because of the drubbing they took at Ottawa last week. But that was a very bad spot for them and now they have a 9 day week to rest up and prepare.

The Argos are in some trouble right now. Who do they start? All options look equally bad. They are just waiting until their saviour Chad Kelly comes back. Against any team with a decent run defence, which Calgary has, Toronto's offence sputters.
Agreed. Imma jump on this as well.

Read today that Fajardo was at practice but Alexander still got the 1st team reps so I'm not sure who will start on Friday.

According to a report from TSN’s Farhan Lalji, quarterback Tre Ford is expected to start for the Elks in Week 9 against the Roughriders.

According to a report from TSN’s Farhan Lalji, quarterback Tre Ford is expected to start for the Elks in Week 9 against the Roughriders.

I'm very interested to see how he does vs Sask. They have the league's best run defence by a long stretch but a weaker pass defence. The problem with Ford is as exciting as he looks at times, his style of play right now is not translatable to winning a full game. He's got a long way to go before hes a bonafide starting QB.

He reminds me of a young VAj.

I'm very interested to see how he does vs Sask. They have the league's best run defence by a long stretch but a weaker pass defence. The problem with Ford is as exciting as he looks at times, his style of play right now is not translatable to winning a full game. He's got a long way to go before hes a bonafide starting QB.

He reminds me of a young VAj.
The Edmonton Elks will be making a quarterback change in Week 9.

Elks interim head coach Jarious Jackson confirmed on to Dave Campbell on 630 CHED’s Inside Sports on Tuesday evening that Ford will lead the team into its battle with the Saskatchewan Roughriders on Saturday at Mosaic Stadium.

1* BC Lions -4 -110

Have to do it. Everything lining up for the lions here. Off a bye, getting hatcher back on offense. Getting healthier on the OL too. Meanwhile the Bombers have lost Wolitarsky at receiver and will insert a recently signed Lucky Whitehead. They also lost Neufeld from their godawful OL. They’re on a short week to boot. About the only thing they have going for them is they’re at home but I don’t think it will be enough to overcome the Leos.

Fajardo didn't practice again today.

Montreal Gazette reporting that Jason Maas won't name his starter until depth charts are released tomorrow. But they are also saying that Alexander is the likley starter while Fajardo will be in uniform but may not play.

Congrats Canada Womens Soccer Team, FIFA, UEFA IOC used you as a scapegoat and it failed, all tried their best to have you tossed out we didn't and won't pay you off like all the other cheating countries do, well done ladies !!!

Took Hamilton +3.5 at a bad number but that should come back if Fajardo ruled out.

Edmonton +5.5 - Hold your nose special. Think Ford gives them a spark and at least can do things with his legs. SSK beat up pretty good on the DL too. EDM stinks but they have lost by less than this spread in 4 of their 7 games. And honestly who is the SSK offense to be laying 5.5? With Patterson they have only scored 6 offensive TD in 4 games!

Calgary blowing from -1.5 to -4 is a hell of a move. I don't think I can do it after last week but Toronto +4 is mighty tempting. Calgary's defense is atrocious. The Argos might be able to score here.

Took Hamilton +3.5 at a bad number but that should come back if Fajardo ruled out.

Edmonton +5.5 - Hold your nose special. Think Ford gives them a spark and at least can do things with his legs. SSK beat up pretty good on the DL too. EDM stinks but they have lost by less than this spread in 4 of their 7 games. And honestly who is the SSK offense to be laying 5.5? With Patterson they have only scored 6 offensive TD in 4 games!

Calgary blowing from -1.5 to -4 is a hell of a move. I don't think I can do it after last week but Toronto +4 is mighty tempting. Calgary's defense is atrocious. The Argos might be able to score here.
I am also thinking hard about Edmonton. The whole team seems to get a spark from Ford and they are making some changes on defence too which hopefully will lead to some improvement.

Agree on Toronto too. I am sticking with my Calgary ML but at +4 Toronto has some value. This has all the makings of a low scoring affair which means it'll probably be fairly close.

ML.........1-1
Spread.6-0
O/U.......7-5
Parley...2-9
Total......16-15 +$163

Time to turn things around this 1-8 run last 2 weeks has eaten most of my profits. 2 plays so far to start week 9.

BC + Montreal 50/106
BC/Winnipeg o48.5 50/96

Last edited:
Back