CFL Syndicate 2024

Hulu do your Ti-Cats have weather problems tonight, I'm seeing 60% chance of rain, risk of T-storms, 25-35mph winds. Starting to like the u52.5.

I'm a truly sick man and took Hamilton +1.5
Honestly I really wanted to as well but I just can't do it. So you'll probably win tonight! Just spare a thought for ol' Hulu sitting there in the pouring rain watching his team like he has for 30 years

Hulu do your Ti-Cats have weather problems tonight, I'm seeing 60% chance of rain, risk of T-storms, 25-35mph winds. Starting to like the u52.5.

I'd say so...

10:58 AM EDT Saturday 17 August 2024

Conditions are favourable for the development of severe thunderstorms that may be capable of producing strong wind gusts, large hail and heavy rain.

Hazards:90 km/h wind gusts. Toonie size hail. Heavy downpours. There is a risk of tornadoes. Timing:Today through this evening.

Discussion: Thunderstorms have developed that may be capable of producing 90 km/h wind gusts and toonie size hail. Rainfall rates of 40 mm are possible with these thunderstorms. Refer to the Special Weather Statement in effect for details on rainfall totals. Should conditions for the development of tornadoes improve this watch will be upgraded to a Tornado Watch. These storms will dissipate this evening as daytime heating comes to an end.

From the hourly forecast it looks like much of the wind will be gone by game time but 80% chance of rain throughout

I'm no meteorologist but I'm sitting just west of Hamilton and with 4 hours til kickoff its sunny and clear. The radar isn't showing much of anything either. Showers to the east and west but in the below pic everything is heading to the NE so I don't see any of it heading toward Hamilton. If the total continued to drop, I might just consider the over.

1723920836905.png

I'm no meteorologist but I'm sitting just west of Hamilton and with 4 hours til kickoff its sunny and clear. The radar isn't showing much of anything either. Showers to the east and west but in the below pic everything is heading to the NE so I don't see any of it heading toward Hamilton. If the total continued to drop, I might just consider the over.

View attachment 87155
I am in agreement with you, I think the weather is gonna miss you, I'm in Midland weather channel says 100% rain here, I'm sitting on my deck not a cloud in the sky 30C , lol, they have no clue.

2 of my books are 50.5 and my 3rd is 51 guess I'll wait another hour or so before makin a move. Which way u leanin Hulu ?

The forecast completely killed the crowd too. Parking lot was 1/4 full. Usually I’m getting one of the last spots.

1* Live HAM / EDM u52.5 -119

Take. During major injury. It has to put a damper on the game after such a long delay. Add in the wind and the qb matchup and I’m getting a good number here.

Edit…increased to full unit

Last edited:
I think I’m gonna pass on the total.

I’m at the stadium now and it doesn’t look like rain but it’s really blustery with a swirling wind.
Yep I ended up passing too, its Ribfest & Tugboat races here this weekend, heading down at 8pm to grab some ribs and then Hells Bells are playing on the beach at 9 pretty well guarantees this guy gonna have a big head in the morning, haha !! Enjoy the game stay dry. Cheers !!

Toronto Argonauts quarterback Chad Kelly has the green light to return to work.

The CFL announced Sunday that the league’s reigning most outstanding player has been reinstated after serving a nine-game suspension for violating the league’s gender-based violence policy.

I'm glad Naylor had the balls to say this as its an important point. So many people on the cesspool formerly known as twitter are referring to Kelly as a rapist or abuser today. Lets be clear about what actually happened. He attempted to get with someone who rejected his advances and when he didn't like it, had a couple of verbal run-ins with her and eventually started a rumor that she was sleeping with another player.

None of that is good but lets not act like he's a serial rapist or sexual predator. What he did was wrong and deserved to be punished. But let's call it what it is...workplace sexual harassment. He was punished with the most severe suspension the league has ever handed down combined with a requirement to obtain counselling and is only being allowed to return under the condition that he keeps his nose clean. The victim never made a criminal complaint and the harassment suit she launched was settled out of court and the details are not public.

Also, this narrative that has developed that she was "fired" for it is more nonsense. First off, she was not fired at all. She was on a contract position that was only for the duration of the season. When the contract ended she was told that the team was changing the role and that she was welcome to re-apply for next season's contract if she upped her skills in the meantime. While its possible there was a connection between Kelly's actions and this action by the team, this connection has NEVER been established and in fact is undermined by evidence from the team that she had been told previously of the change in the role for the following season.

As far as I am concerned, it was a series of ugly and immature actions by Kelly and not handled well by the Argos. But now that the lawsuit has been settled to the satisfaction of all parties and the league punishment has been served, its time to move on.

Last edited:
Saskatchewan +3

Maybe it's recency bias but Chad Kelly coming back to the team with 2.5 practices under his belt against a tough defense is something I don't think goes well. Sure it's the same offense but 3 of his Top 5 receivers are gone. At least with Rourke, he was getting reps in NFL camps. What has Kelly been doing since last November? SSK is a much better team with Harris back at QB and I expect them to win this game outright.

Good. He stinks out loud this year. Hickson is the far better back and I don't understand why he doesn't play more.
Its blocking. Hickson is def the better rusher but Oulette is like having a 6th OL out there and thats just as important as rushing in the 3 down game.

Changed my mind now that this number has come down...

1* Toronto ML -130

Sask on a short week with travel and TO off a bye and at home where they rarely lose. I think Kelly comes back just fine. When we look at last week we had 2 QBs coming off a long absence. Rourke, who had a whirlwind tour of the NFL having to learn multiple offences over the past 2 years and then there's Masoli who also missed about 2 years but was with his team the whole time. I think Kelly's situation is closer to Masoli than Rourke. He's been out 9 games but has been meeting with the team remotely and engaged with the QB room and the offence. He knows these receivers for the most part and I think he should be able to pick up where he left off.

I can't find anything I like this week. I think I'll probably sit it out.
ML.........2-2
Spread.6-1
O/U.......13-8
Parley...2-15
Total......23-26 +$149

I couldn't find anything I like either, like you I had to have my fix, lol, gonna play all overs this weekends. BOL Cheers.

Sask/Tor o50.5 50/108

I’m on it too but now it’s tempting to bet Winnipeg. Lol -1.5 is fishy. I think it’s a signal to stay away from Winnipeg all together. Winnipeg only Beat BC and as it sits currently that’s no big deal

Stuck inside tonight, rain out of nowhere so to keep me interested.
BC + BC/Ottawa o48.5 10/39 yea a big $10 lol. ❌

Last edited:
He looked in mid-season form tonight, I liked what I saw except for his 2 fumbles. I like the Leo's and the over in next weeks rematch.
He looked night and day compared to the first game but I still think he gets better yet. Their defence though is horrible. The Lions are only going to win by outscoring teams

He looked night and day compared to the first game but I still think he gets better yet. Their defence though is horrible. The Lions are only going to win by outscoring teams
Exactly he will be better next game for sure, the D is pretty sad, poor D + 2 good offenses = over for me, lol.

Back