CFL In-game

Hulu i think edmonton is going to lay the boots to montreal--

without those receivers-- coming off a big win-- coming off the kavas reed scandal--

i could see edmonotn winning 31-13

And after that, I'm leaving the BC/SSK game alone and may try to bet it live. After reassesing that game I really cant make a case for the Riders being favoured by any more than -2.5. I think they win but can't take them at -5 or whatever theyre now. Wait til BC gets an early lead and then pound sask

So it was weird enough when the Bombers made their highest paid receiver Chris Matthews a healthy scratch last night after him saying he was healthy all week but now reports are saying he wasn’t even on the sideline with the team.

Don’t want to read too much into this, but is there a problem brewing here?

So it was weird enough when the Bombers made their highest paid receiver Chris Matthews a healthy scratch last night after him saying he was healthy all week but now reports are saying he wasn’t even on the sideline with the team.

Don’t want to read too much into this, but is there a problem brewing here?

Probably some kind of issue....

The emergence of Lucky Whitehead along with Robbie Lawler receiver and Darvin Adams means there is 3 established international receivers.. Perhaps winnipeg would rather go with 3 internationals at receiver with DEMSKI and WOLITARKSI as canadians?

Embarrassment of riches-- Perhaps they don't feel Matthews fits in-- especially with scheme--

Marvin Adams essentially plays the same position as Matthews would have-- Tall international wideout--

I can't see Matthews playing the SLOT position, so unless they put him out WIDE in WOLITARSKI'S position..

So it could be a situation that Matthews does not fit in with Winnipeg's scheme

Attention Syndicate Members:

Agenda: Saturday Bookie RENT COLLECTION

Mission: 2 CFL games- 4pm 7pm- Rent Collection

Artillery: Pre game plays, In play betting, half time betting

My Syndicate Members, it is SUPER SATURDAY SYNDICATE RENT COLLECTION DAY.

It's time to collect some RENT from the Books!

Get up, Get moving, Get exercising, Get focussed, Get pumped up, Get Ready-- IT's Time to Collect our RENT

Probably some kind of issue....

The emergence of Lucky Whitehead along with Robbie Lawler receiver and Darvin Adams means there is 3 established international receivers.. Perhaps winnipeg would rather go with 3 internationals at receiver with DEMSKI and WOLITARKSI as canadians?

Embarrassment of riches-- Perhaps they don't feel Matthews fits in-- especially with scheme--

Marvin Adams essentially plays the same position as Matthews would have-- Tall international wideout--

I can't see Matthews playing the SLOT position, so unless they put him out WIDE in WOLITARSKI'S position..

So it could be a situation that Matthews does not fit in with Winnipeg's scheme

You could be right. Maybe a trade in the works? Ottawa and BC could both use a good number 1 or 2 receiver.

BC out of cap space though. And Ottawa has bigger problems that a receiver won’t solve.

I wonder what the Bombers would ask for in return? They don’t have any glaring weaknesses. Maybe an OL and draft picks.

Attention Syndicate Members:

Agenda: Saturday Bookie RENT COLLECTION

Mission: 2 CFL games- 4pm 7pm- Rent Collection

Artillery: Pre game plays, In play betting, half time betting

My Syndicate Members, it is SUPER SATURDAY SYNDICATE RENT COLLECTION DAY.

It's time to collect some RENT from the Books!

Get up, Get moving, Get exercising, Get focussed, Get pumped up, Get Ready-- IT's Time to Collect our RENT

Let’s make em pay Sammy.

Heat and humidity warning in effect in Montreal and at the bookie’s bank too. We’re turning up the heat on those fuckers today.

Let’s make em pay Sammy.

Heat and humidity warning in effect in Montreal and at the bookie’s bank too. We’re turning up the heat on those fuckers today.

I’ve segregated myself from human contact today. I’m in attack mode buddy!

Going first half under here, boys. Can see the heat being a big problem and afraid of exhaustion creating a few more big plays late. half unit play, nothing crazy.

GL gentlemen!

Didn't need a live mic to see what Maas was saying on the sideline. "Are you fucking kidding me?"

So far weather looks like it hurts the offence more than defense. Same when Winnipeg played Ottawa 29-4

Could be because the defense is already set and the offence has to run and run back to the huddle. Defense is mostly standing in zone.

No offence to speak of right now. Montreal winning the field position battle. The Esks need to string a few first downs together

Any 2H thoughts anyone?

I played Als 2H ML +170

They’ve been the better team so far and only stopped themselves from getting their 2nd major with that horrid play call.

Beside that playcall though, Mtl has figured out in a decent way how to use the Eskies aggression against them with quick wide out screens, slants and delay draws/screen passes.

And that D...they have been outstanding. Value play more than anything as I don’t see this being Edmonton’s day and don’t know how they adjust, they’re just a step slower all over the field right now IMO

Edmonton looked a lot sharper on that drive but they continue to foul up short yardage situations

Harris lacklustre performance today is benefiting marcel deskatddons. The Ottawa gm.

I feel he would be fired for allowing Harris to walk

Some initial thoughts to start the discussion for week 7...

CAL -5.5 @ OTT +5.5 Total 50.5
At first glance this line seems a bit short after how bad Ottawa looked last week but I am in no hurry to bet against the RBs coming home off that loss. Winnipeg has the best defence in the league, having given up only 4 offensive TDs all year so it was a pretty tough way to get your first start for Jennings. This week Jennings will start again but this time at home, with a full week of practice and against a somewhat lesser defence. Calgary can be run on so their strategy to limit Jennigns attempts will have more success here. Additionally, Ottawa will likely have RJ Harris back which will help out as their receivers look like a pretty averege group. They will also likely get Kevin Brown back at linebacker. S McClain was hurt LW and NAT Justin Howell has been getting reps there this week.
Calgary gets Ucambre Williams back at centre which should bolster the line a little while SAM Jamar Wall is questionable this week which could lead to some juggling in the back 8 if he is out. When you look at Calgary's season in totality, it isn't terribly impressive...They lose an all-star team in the offseason and it shows as they lose their first home game to Ottawa. Then after a week 2 bye, they almost lose to BC before Arbuckle comes in just in time for BC to collapse and give them the game. They travel to sask and play a very solid game against a struggling Cody Fajardo then its off to Hamilton where the offense sputters in a loss. Finally, they return home and it takes 7 Toronto turnovers to beat the Argos by 10. I see only 1 decent game in there.
I see a lot of people getting on the Calgary train here but its not a good spot. In Fact, if this were to rise to 7, I would be tempted to take the points with Ottawa.

eta...was looking to play this game under but the number is pretty good at 50.5 so not a good spot to go back to the well again.

Last edited:
TOR +11.5 @ EDM -11.5 Total 53
Wouldn't touch Edmonton here at this number. They are on a 5 day week travelling home while the Argos have stayed out west for their 3 game trip. Numbers-wise Toronto have improved steadily and they are close to putting it together I feel. They won't be a great team but they're not going 0-18 this season. MBT had a horrid game vs Calgary but after 7 turnovers they only lost by 10 points. Toronto's defence is looking decent of late and if the offense can generate a little more possession, they should be good.
Edmonton may be without WR Daniels and DHB Hightower this week and there are rumors that Harris may have a knee problem, possibly a torn meniscus. It won't stop him from playing but I wonder if the large brace limits his mobility any and he might be 1 hit away from exiting.
Lean to Toronto plus the points and also lean under 53 here. Between Toronto's lack of offensive capability and Edmonton's time-consuming short passing game and tendency to settle for field goals, this game looks like a 27-17 type of contest.

WPG -1.5 @ HAM +1.5 Total 54
Winnipeg opened as a 2.5 point dog but I was asleep at the switch and they went to a favourite pretty quick. I made this line -1.5 so I think its about right.
Its looking like Bighill will be back for Winnipeg and Demski is practicing after being hurt LW. The Chris Matthews saga gets more interesting after being "stabbed" in some sort of altercation on the weekend. Methinks that is a bit of media sensationalism considering there were no arrests and he was at practice the next day. Best guess is he fall on a fork after some sort of scuffle. At any rate, he may sit again this week and there are rumors that he is still recovering from a punctured lung. Kenny Lawler has done very well in relief.
For Hamilton, Simoni Lawrence finally begins his 2 game suspension which will alter the cats linebacking arrangement. Curiel Brooks looks to be ok after exiting last game and Chris Van Zeyl is back practicing at tackle after missing last game. G Darius Ciraco has been absent this week but the cats have the horses to replace him seemlessly so I'm not worried about that. Sean Thomas Erlington was a big part of the cats success early on and without him their offense wasn't the same vs Calgary. Maleek Irons looks like a capable running back but he is not the blocker Erlington was.
No lean on the side here although gun-to-my-head I think Winnipeg wins it. I do have a unit on the under 54.5 as both these teams have good defences and this game sets up like a heavyweight fight. Hamilton leads the league in points/game but that is skewed with 2 blowouts vs Toronto and Montreal and they haven't played a defence like this yet. Winnipeg has allowed 4 offensive TDs this season in 5 games (albeit 2 vs Ottawa, 1 vs BC and 1vs Toronto) and will keep Masoli and co in check.

SSK -3 @ BC+3 Total 52
Its tough to beat the same team back to back, especially travelling to their den so spot-wise its BC or bust. But that offensive line...geez louise. The Lions did bring in Avery Jordan who tha cats let go earlier this season and while he could probably come in and start on this line, he certainly isn't going to be its savior. Its really hard to back a team with this bad a line and an OC who doesn't get how to negate it. I don't know if 3 points is enough even if the spot does favour the Lions. As one pundit put it, watching Mike Reilly this year is like watching the worlds longest murder.
Sask is starting to coalesce around Cody Fajardo and while hes been a bit inconsistent, he is getting better game by game. G Phil Blake broke his arm last week but will be replaced by a returning Darius Bladek so no real drop-off there.
Lean BC +3 but will watch this line to see where it goes.

CJ Gable also out for the Eskies this week. Shaq Cooper will start.

Travis Bond returns and will replace rookie Kyle Saxelid on the OL

Tevaun Smith will step in at field receiver in Daniels absence while Kenny Stafford will move to the boundary side where he was very productive to start the season.

Not quite sure yet how the secondary will shake out in Hightower’s absence

This is very interesting. A comment from an anonymous CFL insider courtesy of Kirk Penton’s column...

That scheme June Jones ran over there was good for (Jeremiah) Masoli. He put up big numbers, but if you look at the game the way we do, you would have seen Masoli’s mechanics were getting worse as the season went on. This year they’ve gone to crap. Look at how his left shoulder opens. Look at him throwing off of his back foot. (Tommy) Condell may be a play caller, but he’s not a quarterback coach. Masoli’s mechanics were good under (Kent) Austin. Under the next guy (Jones), you could see his mechanics getting worse. Now they’re terrible. We’re surprised they aren’t self scouting better in Hamilton. It’s the first thing our defensive staff talked about. Masoli’s accuracy has been affected by his mechanics.

Masoli has looked disjointed at times this year and had seemed to regress from the positive steps he made last year. I thought in 2018 he had really cleaned up his reckless throws but he’s back at it this season. 6 picks over the past 4 games.

Without Erlington the cats look one dimensional.

Also Hamilton has 4 return TDs in the first 5 games. That pace can’t continue. O’Shea mentioned it in the media conference call so he’s aware of it and I think they will be prepared. There’s not a staff I trust more than them to adjust to opponents.

And Simoni Lawrence is one of the tabbies best run stoppers...how do they get a handle on Andrew Harris without him? Justin Tuggle is a weak spot at MLB and if Nick Shortill comes in to replace Simoni, that’s a huge drop off.

OTOH Winnipeg has to falter at some point this season and a road game vs a top tier opponent looks like a decent spot for it to happen.

I am starting to really like Winnipeg ML or maybe -1.5 here.

@Sammy Meatballs @guaranteeed @scarf31 @spottie2935 i need some opinions here.

James Wilder Jr out for Toronto. Brandon Burks is likely an upgrade at this point.

Armanti Edwards also out. That’s not gonna help the Argos offence.

I missed all this weeks games, but had a few on the DVR of the cats and I can definitely see what hes talking about, hes not just playing loose, his mechanics look super lazy and non repeatable

I was leaning just under there originally, was thinking in the same vein as you that the bombers are kinda due for a let down, and if its coming its gonna be the offense, but after seeing that, great spot by you hulu, wonder if I may just fade the cats the next few weeks until the bookscatch up, cause like he says in the article, DCs have to be noticing that, and if they arent, they will now

My initial looks were in line with you, except on the sasky bc game, I think the riders offense can put up mid 20s at least, and I'm almost assuming were gonna find out Mike reilly fucked every member of the OLs girlfriend at some point, cause they are just letting him get crushed

Already on the unders in hamilton, got 53.5, love your number and would add if it somehow went up

Under in edmonton at 53, sasky -3

Hard lean on Ottawa, but want 7, I'd settle for 6, and based on what you brought up, bombers ml

Interesting tidbit from Dave Dickenson... He said in an interview that missing Ucambre Williams at centre last week hampered their offensive line because they had to play a rookie and simplify their snap counts for him which allowed the Toronto DL to get the jump too often. He fet they shouldn't have been able to get that kind of pressure. Williams is back this week.

That's an interesting take because it did look like Toronto's pass rush looked better than it had all season. Maybe they regress to previous form vs Edmonton.

Wind in Edmonton is forecast to be 50km/h gusting to 80km/h through the afternoon and evening. It will die down as the game wears on but it will be wild to start.

Back