CFL In-game

Maybe another way to play that game is to wait and if BC gets an early score, pound Sask live knowing that BCs line won’t last.

Tough to get a good read on SASK this season...

But the SASK defense sure looks like it is missing its undisputed leader CHRIS JONES this season.

I agree that BC if they score early, their line will get penetrated eventually..

I mentioned that Jarious Jackson will always go back to his regular ways which is every pass deep.. When he tries to adjust he makes it so obvious by throwing like 35 short passes or screens in a row.. Then the opposition focusses on the short passes and stops those.. Bc has never had a balanced offense since ANDREW HARRIS left.

They are too easy to defend-- They don't even have a PRO COACH coaching the O LINE-- Although this season they have BRIAN CHIU on their staff.. I think its due to the 1995 playbook that the BC LIONS are running-- That playbook will not work with any offensive line in the CFL..

There is just no passes between 7-12 yards in this offense.. They are really trying to throw the ball deep in BC-- Like a lot of passes over 20 yards and their shorter passes are between 13-20 yards..

Fair Analysis-- The media is always anointing and becoming the AUTHORITY on who is a star and who is not...

Fair Question? is MIKE REILLY overrated? I feel he is overrated for sure.. Reilly is a big strong QB that lives for the deep ball. He did well in Edmonton because he had 2 of the best deep threats in the league in DERREL WALKER and DUKE WILLIAMS. Add in the fact he also had BRANDON ZYLSTRA, and you will see a pattern..

REILLY's tendency to hold on the ball for ever waiting to try and throw a deep ball results in him running a lot with Edmonton, I now see a guy who maybe does not have the foot speed to run anymore out of the pocket. With Edmonton REILLY was a very dangerous runner, as he would just run up the pocket and he would be very hard to tackle...

Reilly is now 34 years old, and I feel in football years he is OLD.. He looks slow, and I feel a player of his stature will have a very fast decline athletically.. Basically REILLY is not HENRY BURRIS who was in amazing physical shape.. He looks beaten up and looks slower- I suspect Reilly is like an old school athlete who peaks at 30-32 and then rapidly declines...

Reilly does not throw the ball well on short passes. His game is downfield passing, His arm is very strong, and he can throw it anywhere on the field... But that comes at a cost-- Brutual hits that the QB takes and a QB that has to hold on to the ball too long.. Just saying but it was Edmonton who didn't make the playoffs last season, and now BC does not look very good on offense either..

Fair Analysis-- The media is always anointing and becoming the AUTHORITY on who is a star and who is not...

Fair Question? is MIKE REILLY overrated? I feel he is overrated for sure.. Reilly is a big strong QB that lives for the deep ball. He did well in Edmonton because he had 2 of the best deep threats in the league in DERREL WALKER and DUKE WILLIAMS. Add in the fact he also had BRANDON ZYLSTRA, and you will see a pattern..

REILLY's tendency to hold on the ball for ever waiting to try and throw a deep ball results in him running a lot with Edmonton, I now see a guy who maybe does not have the foot speed to run anymore out of the pocket. With Edmonton REILLY was a very dangerous runner, as he would just run up the pocket and he would be very hard to tackle...

Reilly is now 34 years old, and I feel in football years he is OLD.. He looks slow, and I feel a player of his stature will have a very fast decline athletically.. Basically REILLY is not HENRY BURRIS who was in amazing physical shape.. He looks beaten up and looks slower- I suspect Reilly is like an old school athlete who peaks at 30-32 and then rapidly declines...

Reilly does not throw the ball well on short passes. His game is downfield passing, His arm is very strong, and he can throw it anywhere on the field... But that comes at a cost-- Brutual hits that the QB takes and a QB that has to hold on to the ball too long.. Just saying but it was Edmonton who didn't make the playoffs last season, and now BC does not look very good on offense either..

I don't know. Coming into this season I wouldve disagreed but seeing him this year he does look different.

But show me a QB who could have success behind that awful line. I'm not joking when I say this is the worst O-Line a CFL team has started in years. Between that and the horrid playcalling, no QB could find success. So I'm not ready to throw in the towel on Reilly just yet. I think with a decent line and OC he still has several years left in him. Whether he finds that or not, I don't know.

I'm really surprised at how well Ottawa's offensive line has held up this year. I thought it would be a weakness but it actually looks improved.

That is the lazy-throwing Jon Jennings I remember...some things never change. The game just goes too fast for him

That’s one thing about capping this league, Hulu. There is such limited talent at QB as it is, when your starter gets hurt you’re in a word of hurt. Arbuckle is going to get a chance to be a starter somewhere just from what he’s shown so far, I believe

That’s one thing about capping this league, Hulu. There is such limited talent at QB as it is, when your starter gets hurt you’re in a word of hurt. Arbuckle is going to get a chance to be a starter somewhere just from what he’s shown so far, I believe

He and Dane Evans in Hamilton might be the only legit backups in the league

Didn't happen the way I expected but somehow the Bombers always find a way to get it done in the 1Q

Didn't happen the way I expected but somehow the Bombers always find a way to get it done in the 1Q
Their D and ST are hands down best in the league ranking those 2 facets of the game from top to bottom of the league...that is a huge reason why they’re great in the 1st Q / 1H

Their D and ST are hands down best in the league ranking those 2 facets of the game from top to bottom of the league...that is a huge reason why they’re great in the 1st Q / 1H

Yeah totally. And even though Nichols was off target, the passes he was throwing were downfield. Mike O'Shea talks a lot about "pinning your opponent to the mat early". Its like they come out firing away and then turn to a ball control offense for the remaining 3 quarters.

Yeah totally. And even though Nichols was off target, the passes he was throwing were downfield. Mike O'Shea talks a lot about "pinning your opponent to the mat early". Its like they come out firing away and then turn to a ball control offense for the remaining 3 quarters.
Exactly. They’re also very creative with Schrever’s usage and their misdirections, solid playcalling and very smart getting Harris involved as a receiver more and more. Smart and well coached football team. Have to give O’Shea credit.

I legit tried to spell the Peg’s backup QB 5 times in my last post, but autocorrect told me to F off and kept changing it..so I’m just going to call him Shrev from now on...

Exactly. They’re also very creative with Schrever’s usage and their misdirections, solid playcalling and very smart getting Harris involved as a receiver more and more. Smart and well coached football team. Have to give O’Shea credit.

Yeah I hate O'Shea as I was programmed to do after he left the Ticats for Toronto but I have to give it to him as a coach. He's even better than he was as a linebacker. Paul Lapolice is easily the best OC in the league. Ritchie Hall has had mixed success but he has this defence humming this year. I actually met Ritchie Hall in Jamaica a couple years ago.

Also, this new DT they found, Richardson, could be the best DT in the league. He's not getting a lot of notice yet but he just blows up running plays regularly. I've seem him bull rush guards right into the QB regularly.

Yeah I hate O'Shea as I was programmed to do after he left the Ticats for Toronto but I have to give it to him as a coach. He's even better than he was as a linebacker. Paul Lapolice is easily the best OC in the league. Ritchie Hall has had mixed success but he has this defence humming this year. I actually met Ritchie Hall in Jamaica a couple years ago.

Also, this new DT they found, Richardson, could be the best DT in the league. He's not getting a lot of notice yet but he just blows up running plays regularly. I've seem him bull rush guards right into the QB regularly.

richardson is 5'11 300lbs enough said a tank

Remind me again why I didn't take Winnipeg -9.5?

Actually if this first half goes over and the bumblers are still up 3 scores, 2H under might be a good play

Yeah. Linesmakers after tonight are going to REALLY overadjust on Peg. 1st half Line was -6.5 and I grabbed them at 10 earlier today because I remember the special level of mediocre that Jon Jennings brings to the table.

How do they call that a catch??

And the refs have gotten BETTER the last year or so...do you remember how bad some of the spots were going back a few years? I distinctly remember wondering if some of those officials from 4-5 years ago needed eyeglasses they were so off in where they spotted the football.

And the refs have gotten BETTER the last year or so...do you remember how bad some of the spots were going back a few years? I distinctly remember wondering if some of those officials from 4-5 years ago needed eyeglasses they were so off in where they spotted the football.

Wow yeah. And it seemed like they always err'd on the side of offense which made me wonder if it was at the direction of the league

watching jennings tonight-- any reason to think mike reilly will not do the same?

since when does a kick returned like winston october become an offensive coordinator? for ottawa?

winnipeg clearly the class of the league

No doubt, Sammy. But after tonight they’re going to be ridiculously overvalued. Let’s not also forget they’re going to have 2 wins over Ottawa, 1 vs Toronto and 1 vs BC. Going to look to play Hamilton next week for sure as the number should be too high on open.

watching jennings tonight-- any reason to think mike reilly will not do the same?

since when does a kick returned like winston october become an offensive coordinator? for ottawa?

He's not even really the OC, he just calls plays in game. They have no OC and are just running Elizondo's playbook by committee. Really dumb not bringing in someone to fill that gap

Also starting to think Edmonton may be more for real than I thought. Harris has played well and they’re a top 3 D w Peg and Sasky

HULU in play lines were offered as low as -17.5 now its -28.5

I cannot see ottawa doing much here--

although will winnipeg just sit and run the ball?

I think 2H under might be the play here. Winnipeg offence will switch to auto pilot ball control

Yes ottawa won't score much--

i think i remember watching winnipeg with a big lead-- i believe they try to control clock and go on auto pilot

Back