Bloodhound Bowl Games and some other stuff

before i drink anymore and yall accuse me of making a play while im drunk, let me talk about the last game today
some think UCLA may be a bit flat here as the Huskers will play with a purpose. Nebraska is in some embarrassing company as they are one of the three teams that enter this bowl season with a losing 5-7 record. To their credit most of these losses were in the final minutes or seconds so they are worthy to compete in this bowl.UCLA has the better QB with Rosen @3350 YP, 20-9 TD-int. ratio and has played with much more efficiency than Nebraska counterpart Tommy Armstrong (2856,21-16). While Rosen threw just 2 ints. in the second half of the season (both in a 10-minute meltdown vs. the Trojans), Armstrong tossed 9 in his his last 3 games, the main reason the huskers were tied for 119th in turnover margin. The Cornhuskers were ranked 121st in passing yards allowed, not a good stat against Rosen and WR J Payton, 75 catches for 1068 yds.The Bruin defense suffered a number of injuries which hurt its run stopping ability (4.3 ypc), but it was 18th in pass efficiency defense and since Nebraska didn’t have its customary success in the running game,Armstrong is more likely to self-destruct than to out produce Rosen. And the Bruins have the better running back in Perkins @1275 YR, 14 TDs, 5.7 ypc. IMO UCLA has the edge on offense and defense & also played a much tuffer sked so my coin goes with the better tm
236 UCLA* -4 -128 vs Nebraska x2
235 Nebraska/UCLA* Over 61 -115 x1

:beer::Cheers2::Beer5::passedout:

I hope all are having a good bowl season with out any big losers like the ole hound. I hate more than most to lose. It eats at me, going back and re-analyzing until I finally have to let it go and move on.

:cheers:
I know how you feel there Blood, and I probably couldn't have put that any better. Anyway, if it's any solace you've had such a wonderfully impressive year that you need to move on from BG. Lots of opportunities out there, and redemption is right around the corner for a fine handicapper like yourself.

233 Tulsa* +14½ -120 vs Virginia Tech x1
233 Tulsa/Virginia Tech* Over 61 -115 x2
VT has the motivation but I cant giveup 14 damn pts against a Tulsa tm that has no quit in them. I made the total 66-69 so to me the 61 kinda looks like a gimme
Always, nice to have the over covered in the first half. Tulsa couldn't stop a team from the women's lingerie league.

it doesnt appear that either tm is interested in defence so let try these

233 Tulsa/Virginia Tech* Over 34 -115 for 2nd Half x1
233 Tulsa* Over 13½ -135 vs Virginia Tech for 2nd Half x1
234 Virginia Tech* Over 20½ -145 vs Tulsa for 2nd Half x1

I know how you feel there Blood, and I probably couldn't have put that any better. Anyway, if it's any solace you've had such a wonderfully impressive year that you need to move on from BG. Lots of opportunities out there, and redemption is right around the corner for a fine handicapper like yourself.

I know U take ur capping seriously also Tim, Thanks for the kind words.
I hope college baskets are treating U well. I will be over their soon with conference games...I am playing but not enough time to post with reasoning
Appreciate all ur work Tim

I know U take ur capping seriously also Tim, Thanks for the kind words.
I hope college baskets are treating U well. I will be over their soon with conference games...I am playing but not enough time to post with reasoning
Appreciate all ur work Tim

Blood help me out and root for my Skins tonight lol...btw one other thing about that BG game that I wanted to mention is that with the interim staff with Babers leaving to Syracuse etc.., I did not understand for the life of me why they continued to show zone read with Matt Johnson so much in that game especially with the bad weather etc. wetness and slippery ball. That took away from their strength imo...and it may not have mattered overall as they clearly had other probs in the second half as well but I think it hurt Johnson and the timing in their passing game and was ill advised to try and fuck with an offense that had worked so well all year.

Blood help me out and root for my Skins tonight lol...btw one other thing about that BG game that I wanted to mention is that with the interim staff with Babers leaving to Syracuse etc.., I did not understand for the life of me why they continued to show zone read with Matt Johnson so much in that game especially with the bad weather etc. wetness and slippery ball. That took away from their strength imo...and it may not have mattered overall as they clearly had other probs in the second half as well but I think it hurt Johnson and the timing in their passing game and was ill advised to try and fuck with an offense that had worked so well all year.

Agree on BG!!

I played Skins +4 bought one and the Over 48 both for a half.... as Cousins looked awfully damn good last wk....my biggest concern is that the Skins have a helluva time winning on the rd, hopefully better tonite
I have been playing the pro all yr for entertainment value only at mostly half U

Sat went 18-6-0 +11.52

updated Bowl Season
Bowls + FCS Champ games record
Fri/Sat Dec18 & 19 25-8-1 +16.46U
Mon Dec 21 11-1-0 +14.26
Tues Dec 22 5-6-0 -6.38
Wed Dec 23 17-22-1 -21.27
Thur Dec 24 12-1-0 +17.70
Sat Dec 26 18-6-0 +11.52
Total thru Dec 26 +32.29

Anything in the Pro's today? I'm lost in that sport. Thankfully ive gone beer money the entire season
it has been a tuff pro season Wise, we got both plays last nite but like u say, only beer $$
I have looked at all the games and made some plays but U know I buy to key #s and there are very few here that are willing to do that so most of my thoughts/plays are kinda useless...but U ask for it so here are my plays GL

here is what i did, maybe u will find something U like, all for half unless noted
Minni -6
Over 41

Buc's -3
Over 41

Car -6 Wilson strs and he is good
Tot is right on my #

Buf -6 x1 ....kinda like Buffs, Dal hopes of winning the NFC East fell in LW's loss to the Jets. DAL now
starts Kellen Moore at QB in his 1st career start following the benching of Cassel .Moore's most substantial playing time of his career against the Jets saw him struggle throughout with 3 int's for the game.
Tot in right on my #

KC -10 x2 biggest play of the day for me
no total, i made it 41

Det -7 x1, they woke up last wk against SF which is weak on the rd
tot np, damn these tot are tight

Indy +3 x1 must win sit against a weak Mia tm
Over 41 x half

Pats lean only, they are in but they hate Jets and will try and play spoiler
Over 44 x half

Hous -3 x1, they win by 7 or more
no tot

Cards -3 x half...GB is my tm and they are finding ways to win but not today imo
Under 51 x half

SeaHawks x2 they win by 20 imo
no tot...damn these tots are tight

Steelers -9 x1
once again, 48 is right on my damn #

moderate weather is factored is factored into these play but some of the weather could be extreme and then its a tossup

Mon 28
2:30pm Pittsburgh U vs Navy - Military Bowl - Navy-Marine Corps Stadium - Anapolis, MD
238 Navy* -3 -115 vs Pittsburgh U x4...this line has moved against me since I played this on the open..I still like it
Trying to read between the lines about this bowl game and I have wonder how much motivation will the Pittsburgh Panthers have in this matchup. Pittsburgh comes into this bowl game losing 3 out of their last 5 games while Navy won 6 out of their last 7 games. I dont see Pittsburgh stopping Navy's option and I don't see the Panthers stopping Keenan Reynolds and the rest of the running attack of the Midshipmen. Pitt won at Georgia Tech 31-28 Oct 17, but gave up 369 YR against the option attack that Navy uses. I think Navy O will be polished today after the last two 'bad' games, losing to Houston and getting outplayed with Army. But it’s worth noting and I think what most peps are forgetting, is that Navys troubles on 'D' this season came against scrambling QBs such as ND's Kizer & Houston’s Ward, each able to break from the pocket and keep drives alive. Pitt’s Tennessee transfer QB Peterman does not have that sort of mobility. With the added edge of playing this game on its home field, and with Reynolds and players perhaps primed for a special effort in his last game.
The best weather I can find says intermittent light rain, temp 43 and wind from NE @ 10-13 steady.
Im waiting till gametime for a total but I see a score of 31-21

GLTA

I love the squids too, blood. Best of luck today. Did you get a chance to see those mountain lion pix I sent you?

Slight lean over for me with the dome and the passing game for both teams but I made the line lower on the sides so not sure if I like anything there

BOL blood!

Haven't followed either team this year, but from a general betting perspective I think it's telling that one of the 5 win teams is a favorite in their bowl game.

Slight lean over for me with the dome and the passing game for both teams but I made the line lower on the sides so not sure if I like anything there

BOL blood!

Haven't followed either team this year, but from a general betting perspective I think it's telling that one of the 5 win teams is a favorite in their bowl game.

Thanks guys, I will look @ this game some more and find the winner....i hope :)

2nd half
238 Navy* +½ -115 vs Pittsburgh U for 2nd Half x1

237 Pittsburgh U/Navy* Over 27 -110 for 2nd Half x half

Pitt's best chance was to try and use its size up front to play ball control right along with Navy. But those 2 picks have put Pitt behind the chains now, and that plays right into Navy's hands - which is good and disciplined defensively as long as the QB can't run. And J. Peterman can't.

We'll see if Pitt has indeed thrown in the towel w/ the first possession of the 2H, with Navy getting the ball.

Pitt's best chance was to try and use its size up front to play ball control right along with Navy. But those 2 picks have put Pitt behind the chains now, and that plays right into Navy's hands - which is good and disciplined defensively as long as the QB can't run. And J. Peterman can't.

We'll see if Pitt has indeed thrown in the towel w/ the first possession of the 2H, with Navy getting the ball.

Panthers have packed it in, saw it in their eyes as 1st 1/2 came to a close

Nice call Blood!!!

5pm Central Michigan vs Minnesota U - Quick Lane Bowl - Ford Field - Detroit, MI

240 Minnesota U* -6 -105 vs Central Michigan x1 ... Claeys has been named the permanent HC so there will be no unnecessary distractions. CM comes in this game having won 5 of last 6, but it appears to me that Minn has the better offense, defense , & ST’s. The Chipp’s played the weaker #104 toughest sked, while the Gophers played #13th toughest slate so I dont put as much concern with the record. While the head man in charge has changed for Minn and settled, the staff as a whole is a lot of experience in bowl games. I'll try Minn here but certainly not in love with them.

239 Central Michigan/Minnesota U* Over 49 x half .....pulled this one out of ma ass, just like this over closer to 51

Thanks for all of the input fellas. Hope U played all of the winners

Tues we start getting into the meat of the schedule.

GLTA

2nd half
240 Minnesota U* -3 -105 vs Central Michigan for 2nd Half x1
239 Central Michigan/Minnesota U* Over 24 -110 for 2nd Half x half

Tuesday
2pm Air Force vs California - Armed Forces Bowl - Amon G Carter Stadium - Fort Worth, TX

242 California -5½ -140* <small>vs</small> Air Force x2.....I played this on the open and the line has moved against me, which is becoming a trend.And looking at some of the posts here, I may be the only capper on Cal....but I still like my play and things have workout for me pretty well being opposite on some plays but certainly not paying that angle, I just capp and play. Cal struggled down the stretch, going 2-5 SU and ATS with 3 double digit losses. The offense sputtered and the defense, which showed promise early, faded late due to injuries and a lack of depth. But dont forget that the Bears were the fifth most prolific passing team in the nation behind junior QB Goff who could be playing his last game for the Bears as he is a highly regarded NFL prospect and will be trying to put on a show for the scouts. Air Force presents a great contrast in offensive philosophy with the second most productive rushing attack in the nation with nearly 322 yards per game on the ground. The Bears saw four games against top 30 yards per carry rushing teams this season and they went 1-3 S/U and 0-4 ATS in those contests. The defense could struggle in this matchup but with what I think will be a hi scoring game, I like Cals passing game to stay in this game all the way and make the last td to cover.

241 Air Force/California* Over 63 -110
x2....Played on the open and this has moved to 68ish and I dont like the value @ that #. While it could easily be a 77 pt game, with the ball control of AF it could also struggle to hit the 63 if Cal is able to find any D
The wind will be light out of the east, the temps will be in the middle 40ties...those temps may be to harsh for the Cal boys :)

244 North Carolina* -3 -120 vs Baylor x4
243 Baylor/North Carolina* Under 69 -110 x2
we dicuss tomorrow if U wish

Back