Bloodhound Bowl Games and some other stuff

par

1. 12/29/2015 2:00 PM College Football 241 Air Force/California* Over 61 -275
  2. 12/29/2015 2:00 PM College Football 242 California* -275 vs Air Force
Risking 200 To Win 172

par

1. 12/29/2015 5:30 PM College Football 244 North Carolina* -185 vs Baylor
  2. 12/29/2015 5:30 PM College Football 243 Baylor/North Carolina* Under 79 -450
Risking 400 To Win 354

par

1. 12/29/2015 7:30 PM College Football 245 Nevada* +7½ -210 vs Colorado State
  2. 12/29/2015 7:30 PM College Football 245 Nevada/Colorado State* Over 47 -350
Risking 200 To Win 180

par

1. 12/29/2015 9:00 PM College Football 247 Texas Tech/LSU* Over 67 -250
  2. 12/29/2015 9:00 PM College Football 248 LSU* -275 vs Texas Tech
Risking 400 To Win 364

BOl today blood would love the Nevada/ColoSt thoughts

Thanks and I tried to break this game down and saw some things that changed my mind as I had original leans on ColSt. The Rams have the edge on offense, while NV has a the edge on defense, but a much larger edge on spec tms. CSU enters this game having won 5 of 6 incl 4 straight as they relied heavily on their rushing attack, finishing with 220+ yds the last 4 gms. NV enters having lost B2B gms, but both were against bowl teams including the eventual MW champ. Breaking the individual matchups down, I think Nev has a slight overall adv except maybe ColSt has the better RB's vrs Nev LB's and CU has the better QB/WR combo over Nev DB's....every other matchup I think goes to Nev.
There may be a little more pressure on Nevada to avoid a losing season. The key matchup is both teams avg 4.8 y/c and allow 4.8 & 4.9 ypc. If two teams are each gaining roughly 5 yds per rush both offense will have success so that leaves us with Nev having the better D IMO and getting better pts Maybe the greatest difference in this game is found in turnover differential in which Nevada is +9 and CSU-11.
I dont think this is a blowout either way and if I have capped this correctly, taking the pts is the way to go for a small to smallish medium play

BOL KSimp

Hey Blood, I'm wondering about that Baylor total and why you like the under. Best of luck today pardner.

:cheers3:

Hey Blood, I'm wondering about that Baylor total and why you like the under. Best of luck today pardner.

:cheers3:

Thanks Zane....how much snow do U have??
reading between the lines I think the Bears have more probs than just the significant injuries They will not see the return of QB Stidham here (out last 2.5 games) and will also be playing without RB Linwood (1,329 rush yards) and All-American WR Coleman (1,363 receiving yards and 20 TD’s). While the extra bowl practice will help 4string qb Johnson I dont think it will be enough to win this game against a very good NC tm that will be ready to play.
Baylor’s offensive stats for the season are phenomenal but can its backup players perform to a similar level against a UNC defense that has enjoyed a big resurgence under DC Gene Chizik? I dont think so ....even though most are against me on both of my plays I call for a 35-28 type of game.

GL Zane

reading between the lines I think the Bears have more probs than just the significant injuries They will not see the return of QB Stidham here (out last 2.5 games) and will also be playing without RB Linwood (1,329 rush yards) and All-American WR Coleman (1,363 receiving yards and 20 TD’s). While the extra bowl practice will help 4string qb Johnson I dont think it will be enough to win this game against a very good NC tm that will be ready to play.
Baylor’s offensive stats for the season are phenomenal but can its backup players perform to a similar level against a UNC defense that has enjoyed a big resurgence under DC Gene Chizik? I dont think so ....even though most are against me on both of my plays I call for a 35-28 type of game.

GL Zane

In a nutshell, it's hard to trust Chris Johnson in this game, especially when missing 2 of his 3 biggest weapons on offense. Johnson was moved to WR for a reason at the beginning of the season. Maybe in the last 2 weeks he's transformed into an accurate QB who makes good decisions. I'm thinking that hasn't occurred. We'll see.

Thanks and I tried to break this game down and saw some things that changed my mind as I had original leans on ColSt. The Rams have the edge on offense, while NV has a the edge on defense, but a much larger edge on spec tms. CSU enters this game having won 5 of 6 incl 4 straight as they relied heavily on their rushing attack, finishing with 220+ yds the last 4 gms. NV enters having lost B2B gms, but both were against bowl teams including the eventual MW champ. Breaking the individual matchups down, I think Nev has a slight overall adv except maybe ColSt has the better RB's vrs Nev LB's and CU has the better QB/WR combo over Nev DB's....every other matchup I think goes to Nev.
There may be a little more pressure on Nevada to avoid a losing season. The key matchup is both teams avg 4.8 y/c and allow 4.8 & 4.9 ypc. If two teams are each gaining roughly 5 yds per rush both offense will have success so that leaves us with Nev having the better D IMO and getting better pts Maybe the greatest difference in this game is found in turnover differential in which Nevada is +9 and CSU-11.
I dont think this is a blowout either way and if I have capped this correctly, taking the pts is the way to go for a small to smallish medium play

BOL KSimp
Great write up thanks Blood

Hey blood, you like any team totals today? GL!

in and out , still trying to fix up this old house i bought in Fl, it would have been nice to throw a half mil into one that didnt need any fixing but the ole hound doesnt have that kind of coin for a third house that is only used 4 months out of the yr

Wise
I dont see any value in the 1st game TT's so no play

Willing to take a chance here
243 Baylor* Under 33½ -110 vs North Carolina x1
244 North Carolina* Over 35 -115 vs Baylor x1
hopefully winning if not both....but remember I like this game under, diff from most peps

245 Nevada* Over 26½ -110 vs Colorado State x half
246 Colorado State* Over 29½ -110 vs Nevada x half

247 Texas Tech* Over 33½ -110 vs LSU x1
248 LSU* Over 40 -110 vs Texas Tech x1

i dont give a shit what the fucking pansie so called football fans say, targeting is the worse damn rule in football
it has ruined football in they way it should be played

i dont give a shit what the fucking pansie so called football fans say, targeting is the worse damn rule in football
it has ruined football in they way it should be played
worst call I've seen in 2015...it was a form tackle. Even under the rule, it was not targeting...it was side to side helmet contact, not leading with the crown. horrible

We've got about a foot on open ground, more in the trees. It's been a pretty chilly stretch, we got down to -13 the other night, and hasn't been above 25 in a about a week.
It cuts down on the flies and mosquitoes.
How come all the love for Baylor for all of a sudden? The line's dropped 2.5 pts since this morning.

We've got about a foot on open ground, more in the trees. It's been a pretty chilly stretch, we got down to -13 the other night, and hasn't been above 25 in a about a week.
It cuts down on the flies and mosquitoes.
How come all the love for Baylor for all of a sudden? The line's dropped 2.5 pts since this morning.

no idea on line move towards Bears, if it drops to pk I will add more to NC...i have never been able to get in the head of some of these betters to understand 'why'

Stay warm and safe my friend

added an additional par

1. 12/29/2015 5:30 PM College Football 244 North Carolina* -117 vs Baylor
  2. 12/29/2015 5:30 PM College Football 243 Baylor/North Carolina* Under 77 -180
Risking 100 To Win 190

par

1. 12/29/2015 5:30 PM College Football 244 North Carolina* +7½ -490 vs Baylor
  2. 12/29/2015 9:00 PM College Football 248 LSU* -270 vs Texas Tech
Risking 400 To Win 270

my poor old dog thinks im hollering at him so he went to bed and pulled his blanket up over his head

TarHeels have really disappointed me:hang:

Wed early
250 Auburn* -3 -122 vs Memphis x half
249 Memphis/Auburn* Over 63 -110 x half
i dont have a lot to say about this game. if Mem didnt have an interim coach I would be on them. Auburn needs to
win to avoid a losing season, which would be costly in the competitive SEC recruiting wars. Auburn has played the much tougher sked, and Aub QB Johnson will benefit from the extra bowl practices and Aub have the better players in 'most' positions but dont know if either tm is excited to be in BHam.I played some hi school and college games @ Legion field and BHam just dont have anything to get excited about so it hard for me to make any kind of play in this game

par

1. 12/29/2015 9:00 PM College Football 248 LSU* -290 vs Texas Tech
  2. 12/30/2015 3:30 PM College Football 252 Mississippi State* -250 vs NC State
Risking 200 To Win 177

and YES, I was Completely wrong on everything I said about the NC/Baylor game...thats my 2nd really bad capp in these bowls Please except my apologies

You're having an incredible Bowl Season. Let me know if anyone is complaining. I'll throw my shoe at him because I certainly won't catch him.

Last edited:
252 Mississippi State -6 -115* <small>vs</small> NC State x5 ...i played this on the open and it can still be had @ 6. I lke MissSt by 10 to 12. MSU QB Prescott is the real deal. He’s thrown for 300+ yds six times & is the Bulldogs leading rusher! They are #21 in the nation avg 75 ypg more then their foes allow. NCSt does have the edge on defense, as they have the #35 ranked pass efficiency D. MSU has large edges across the board pos wise and they shouldnt have in probs here.
251 NC State/Mississippi State* Over 60 -120 x1 i make this 65ish

256 USC -3 -122* <small>vs</small> Wisconsin x1...played on the open.
and added another U @
256 USC* -3 -125 vs Wisconsin x1
After looking deeper into this one, I like the Trojans by 7 to 10. The Badgers strength is on D,with a #2 ranked rush D & #6 ranked pass eff D. USC has offensive firepower, especially at the RB position and if their passing game is on to complement the run, they win this by 7 imo
255 Wisconsin/USC* Under 51 -118 x2... I know the Badgers will play some D, Just depends if USC shows up to play O as far as this total

not sure what I am going to do with Louisville and A&M
on 1st look its a tossup and maybe a 53 pt game
will look again later

UNC just seemed overwhelmed and maybe a little uncertain on defense. Not prepared for Baylors with all the changes. Maybe not conditioned either for this pace. They knew they were in trouble early and had the look as if they quit.

UNC just seemed overwhelmed and maybe a little uncertain on defense. Not prepared for Baylors with all the changes. Maybe not conditioned either for this pace. They knew they were in trouble early and had the look as if they quit.

Baylor's pace wasn't overly fast, they just destroyed, no, annihilated, NC at the point of attack.

I'm looking at how NC played with Clemson until the last possession of that game, and knowing that OU is just as physical as Baylor wonder how that translates on Friday.

[QUOTEI'm looking at how NC played with Clemson until the last possession of that game, and knowing that OU is just as physical as Baylor wonder how that translates on Friday. ][/QUOTE]

good thought Frank

Hi Bloodhound, I rarely comment in your thread but always look for your thoughts and analysis as well as others who comment on your thread. I just wanted to say "thank you" for all the work that you do in helping others. It's so rare these days to be so helpful, honest, and open about what you do. And....you're so humble as well.

If you don't mind, will start to ask questions as you pick and I hope you don't mind if I ask too many.

Again, I know you hear it from others, but from an individual who reads and follows quitely, thank you for "all" that you do and unselfishly share.

Back