Bloodhound Bowl Games and some other stuff

2nd half
220 Bowling Green* -2 -110 vs Georgia Southern for 2nd Half x2
219 Georgia Southern/Bowling Green* Over 33 -115 for 2nd Half x1

Hound, as you know I rarely post but damn I have been around for a while. Please let me wish you a very Merry Christmas to you and the brilliant Pittsburgh fan that is your wifey. God bless

Thanks for the feedback and completely agree on the turnover margin piece. Because a lot of those happened toward the end of the year, I'm hoping it was a "fatigue" thing.. Especially with guys like Gallman and artavis Scott fumbling who are usually our most reliable.

Worry on CU end has to be special teams.. As I have no faith in the walk on kicker if the game comes down to it. Also worried about kick offs and some sort of CFB play happening early to shift momentum.

I'll be back with my last minute thoughts next week.. Either way it should be a great one.

It will take some time to figure the extensive damage from last nite

Thur 12pm

222 Western Michigan* -3 -110 vs Middle Tennessee x1
221 Middle Tennessee/Western Michigan* Over 65 -110 x2
I showed last nite I cant capp emotion and mistakes, so take what U will and enjoy the game. WesternMich is #19 in the nation, avg 82 ypg more then their competition allow, but they struggle on D & they are #68 ranked pass eff D. MT enters this gm on a 4 gm winning streak. QB Stockstill won the job in the fall & has had a tremendous 1st season , finishing with 7 gms of 300+ pass yds. Like WM, the MidTenn also struggle on the defensive side of the ball & enter the #69 ranked pass eff D. WM has played the #69 toughest sched, while MT has played the #109 toughest sch.Western Michigan offense is averaging 35.4 points per game with 283.4 passing yards per game and 197.2 rushing yards per game. Terrell is the quarterback for Western Michigan who is completing 66.8% of his passes for 3225 yards, 27 touchdowns, and 8 interceptions.The Western Michigan defense is giving up 28.1 points per game with 224.8 passing yards per game and 186.6 rushing yards per game.
Middle Tennessee offense is averaging 33.8 points per game with 310.4 passing yards per game and 148.3 rushing yards per game. Stockstill is the Middle Tennessee quarterback who is completing 66.7% of his passes for 3678 yards, 27 touchdowns, and 8 interceptions.Their defense is giving up 25.1 points per game with 247 passing yards per game and 141.3 rushing yards per game.
Western Michigan has played in a lot of high scoring games, so I would expect another high scoring affair in this one. Western Michigan’s only two losses this season came to the two teams in the MAC championship game. This game looks pretty even, but I am going to take Western Michigan because they have beat better teams than Middle Tennessee has.
I'm playing the more battle tested team by a td and actually like the Over a bit better. I think its a 7 pt game so lets make the score something like 38-31

GL

lots going on here today with kin coming in for the Holidays...back later

par
[TABLE="class: WagerDesc"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]
  1. 12/24/2015 12:00 PM College Football 221 Middle Tennessee/Western Michigan* Over 57 -300
  2. 12/24/2015 12:00 PM College Football 222 Western Michigan* -145 vs Middle Tennessee
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Risking 100 To Win 125
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

playing both TT small...both have a decent chance....I think
221 Middle Tennessee* Over 31½ -110 vs Western Michigan x half
222 Western Michigan* Over 33½ -110 vs Middle Tennessee x half

added another U to
222 Western Michigan* -2½ -115 vs Middle Tennessee x1...total of two Line dropped and MidTenn has had trouble hanging on to the ball this yr,,,maybe today they will have slippery hands :)

2nd half
I'm not sure these are worth a play but there may be a little value here so we'll give it a try
222 Western Michigan* -2 -110 vs Middle Tennessee for 2nd Half x1
221 Middle Tennessee/Western Michigan* Over 33 -110 for 2nd Half x1

8pm Cincinnati U vs San Diego State - Hawaii Bowl - Aloha Stadium - Honolulu, HI
224 San Diego State* -2 -110 vs Cincinnati U x4
223 Cincinnati U/San Diego State* Under 57 -115 x1
After looking at this game way to long, I think I like SDST more than most.
SDSt QB Smith is out for the yr but he was more of a gm manager in the reg season & his backup, Chapman started the MW Champ game and led the Aztecs to a win. The offense revolves around RB Pumphrey, who is just 417 yds away from topping Marshal Faulk for #1 on the schls all-time rushing list. UC could be w/o QB Kiel(I cant see anything def), who is dealing with family issues, but either way I still like this play. Backup QB Moore started a pair of gms during the season so he does have exp, but that could be a huge blow as Kiel is an NFL prospect.The Bearcats also struggle defending the run and have the #102 ranked rush D. This game has one of the largest Turnover Margin disparities you’ll ever witness in one match-up: +19 for SD St, -16 for Cinci. SDs defense which plays the old 3-3-5 that keep QBs off rhythm guessing where the pressure will come from or how their timing will be disrupted against the extra DB and they have intercepted 20 passes this season. And they’ve played teams that hardly pass, like Air Force and New Mexico! Cinci’s offense @ 54% of snap. A run-heavy team that plays reasonably sound defense, South Florida, beat Cincinnati 65-27. Nobody except the triple-option teams are run-heavier than San DiegoSt’s 71.6% rushes. Now if one buts all of this together, why is the line @ -2?? I dont know and that makes me want to loadup a bit on a tm that I think wins easily by at least one TD
I'll side with the Aztecs to win by and expect both D's to help keep this Under.
But keep in mind I had my ass whipped last nite by GaSouthern :)

Hound, as you know I rarely post but damn I have been around for a while. Please let me wish you a very Merry Christmas to you and the brilliant Pittsburgh fan that is your wifey. God bless

Lady BloodHound says Thanks and We wish U the sane my friend. I see yall are going to have a 'summer like Christmas' so enjoy.
Dont be a stranger ...and give our Pens all the support that U can...I am having trouble watching an entire game with them this yr
U and Urs have a Blessed Christmas Kid

added par

1. 12/24/2015 8:00 PM College Football 224 San Diego State* -135 vs Cincinnati U
  2. 12/24/2015 8:00 PM College Football 223 Cincinnati U/San Diego State* Under 65 -325
Risking 200 To Win 255

Thank you for the answers to the WMU-MTSU game I was on a bad roll but thanks to you I hit both the total and the side. Merry Christmas to you and all the hounds. I'll find out tomorrow how we did in Hawa11.
Best of luck to you.

Thanks for the well wishes, I hope had a Safe and Merry Christmas

For those that follow this thread, U saw that I' fell in love' with BG Wed nite and it cost me big losing six 4 U plays for a big down day.

Record update looks like this thru Christmas

regular season total 551-382-17 +220.63U

Bowls + FCS Champ games record
Fri/Sat Dec18 & 19 25-8-1 +16.46U
Mon Dec 21 11-1-0 +14.26
Tues Dec 22 5-6-0 -6.38
Wed Dec 23 17-22-1 -21.27
Thur Dec 24 12-1-0 +17.70

I hope all are having a good bowl season with out any big losers like the ole hound. I hate more than most to lose. It eats at me, going back and re-analyzing until I finally have to let it go and move on.

:cheers:

Sat
early 11am game
Connecticut vs Marshall - St. Petersburg Bowl - Tropicana Field - St. Petersburg, FL
226 Marshall* -2½ -140 vs Connecticut x1
225 Connecticut/Marshall* Under 45 -122 x2
I think the side is a tossup but actually like the under a bit.UConn has played a tougher schedule, but Marshall has the better offense (32.6 PPG to 17.7 PPG) and has allowed fewer points (18.4 PPG to 19.7 PPG) and I think the better all around tm.Both teams have some injuries to contend with, but UConn should have the services of both probable offensive players QB Shirreffs (head) and WR Lemelle (lower body), but LB Walsh (knee) is questionable. For the Herd, three players are facing a possible suspension in WR Beal and LBs Houston and Huskey.
UCons offense has been bad all season with 17.7 PPG and 318 total YPG, but it has been even worse recently with 10.0 PPG and 227 total YPG (3.9 yards per play) over the past three games. The Huskies choose the run the football 58% of the time, and are able to eat up 31:17 of clock per game.But they have averaged only 125 rushing YPG on 3.4 YPC this season, including 100 YPG on 3.0 YPC away from home. The passing game has posted a respectable 194 YPG on 7.2 YPA, but those numbers drop to 154 YPG on 5.8 YPA in non-home games.The Huskies are playing in a bowl because of their top-notch defense that limits opponents to 19.7 PPG and 352 total YPG. In the past three games, these numbers have improved to 15.7 PPG and 260 total YPG (4.0 yards per play).The pass defense is especially strong in holding teams to 187 YPG and 6.1 YPA, but the run defense has been too generous this season in giving up 165 YPG on 4.5 YPC. UConn is a team that thrives off turnovers, tallying 16 takeaways during its six wins and only eight takeaways in its six defeats. With the Herd committing multiple turnovers on seven different occasions this year, ball protection will be of utmost importance on Saturday.
Marshall produces big offensive numbers (32.6 PPG on 400 total YPG) with a nearly perfect balance of 38 rushes per game and 36 passes per contest. This leads to 168 YPG on 4.5 YPC on the ground and 231 YPG on 6.4 YPA through the air. The Herd are also balanced on their roster, as no player has reached 700 yards from scrimmage this season, but eight players have gained more than 300 yards. Marshall has a very sound defense that allows only 18.4 PPG and 371 total YPG. The secondary has given up 200 passing YPG, but on a mere 49.7% completion rate and 5.5 YPA. Although the run-stop unit allows 172 rushing YPG on 4.0 YPC, those numbers have fallen to 144 YPG on 3.6 YPC in the past two games.
The Herd have also produced at least one turnover in all 12 games, including multiple takeaways on seven different occasions. However, UConn has two turnovers or less in all 12 of its contests.
I think this is a low scoring 7 pt win for the Herd something like 21-17

I have my own twin investments,here, but I didn't buy through the key numbers. Also have one 1/2 pt less to work with on the under. One of my least enthusiastic plays among the bowls. GL, mr hound.

2pm Miami Florida vs Washington State - Sun Bowl - Sun Bowl Stadium - El Paso, TX

227 Miami Florida* +3 -130 vs Washington State x half
227 Miami Florida/Washington State* Under 63 -117 x half
If this wasnt a bowl game and I'm trying to find a play on the all, I would not bother with these two.
Miami's talented QB Kaaya completed 61.7 percent of his passes for 3,019 yards, 15 touchdowns and four interceptions. He isn't a threat to run, but he did find the end zone twice with his legs. But Falk is back and ready to showcase his skills. Falk threw for 4,266 yards while completing 70.7 percent of his passes this season, tossing 36 touchdowns while being picked off just eight times. The State rushing game isn't much to worry about, but RB Gerard Wicks can be a threat with 599 yards and three scores on the ground.
Mia has the 27th ranked passing D and thats why I played the side and Under but U can see by the amount I dont have much faith in this game. If I am missing something, please let me know so I can adjust :) but I just cant get into this matchup

I have my own twin investments,here, but I didn't buy through the key numbers. Also have one 1/2 pt less to work with on the under. One of my least enthusiastic plays among the bowls. GL, mr hound.

:) I knew that U would be on the UConn and I understand. BOL MrBull

2:20 Southern Mississippi vs Washington U - Heart of Dallas Bowl - Cotton Bowl - Dallas, TX

229 Southern Mississippi +10½ -130* x2 .....played this on the open(see post 1) and still like it for one down to +7
But before one plays this game U should know that if you look at the stats you immediately take SMiss +8 which has out gained their foes by 156 ypg. UW is just +38 ypg. Sometimes stats lie.... and that may be the case here. SMiss faced the #125 schedule and UW #32. SMiss has not faced a defense all year that ranked above #51 (avg #97) and now take on our 6th rated D. UW faced 10 bowl teams and SM just 5 and they were 1-4 vs them losing by an average of 16 ppg. I like SoMiss because of their well balanced O and they never give up no matter how far behind...they just believe they can Win and while they may not win today, I do think they cover
229 Southern Mississippi/Washington U* Over 51 -122 x2.....i make this total closer to 57ish even with WU #6 D

When I think of S. Miss I think of their soft oline play vs Western Kentucky. They were getting beat on every play. GL

Watched Wazu in person vs Cal albeit early October, I saw big time uptempo and little D from them. Can't find anything outside of a play on perhaps Miami team total over.

adding par

1. 12/26/2015 3:30 PM College Football 231 Indiana/Duke* Over 65 -275
  2. 12/26/2015 3:30 PM College Football 232 Duke* +7½ -220 vs Indiana
Risking 100 To Win 98

233 Tulsa* +14½ -120 vs Virginia Tech x1
233 Tulsa/Virginia Tech* Over 61 -115 x2
VT has the motivation but I cant giveup 14 damn pts against a Tulsa tm that has no quit in them. I made the total 66-69 so to me the 61 kinda looks like a gimme

par

1. 12/26/2015 5:45 PM College Football 233 Tulsa* +21½ -300 vs Virginia Tech
  2. 12/26/2015 5:45 PM College Football 233 Tulsa/Virginia Tech* Over 55 -240
Risking 200 To Win 178

Back