All 35 Bowl Games

Bloody, I haven't locked it in yet but leaning strong Oregon team total under 42. Will confirm tomorrow. Looking forward to your thoughts tomorrow.

after last nites asswhippin, I am open to all comments on the Oregon game. I have my thoughts but they sure weren't worth a crap last nite. Congrats to the Ville fans and backers. This bowl season has been a heartbreak for the ole hound .
As I grade this Oregon game I am trying to think where I am going wrong!! Maybe I am just to old to capp this young mans sport. I certainly have missed capping the team emotion or lack of this season.
Looking at each of the categories I give KSt a very slight edge in QB and another slight edge in the WR....and another slight edge with their DL. IMO, Oregon gets a decent advantage with the OL and small advantage with DB. I like both coaches ability but Snyder can do more with less. Kst probably played the harder schedule and they are a good dog team.

:thinking:

Oregon plays at a pace that would make some basketball teams blush, and their 50.8 points per game (2nd in FBS) proves it just about every week. Kansas State is only a few scores behind the Ducks, averaging 40.7 per game for the 10th best mark in the land.The key to slowing down these offenses is getting them into 3rd-and-long situations and making both Klein and Oregon QB Mariota throw the ball, something both are accomplished at (Klein 66%, 2,490 yards and 15 TD; Mariota 70%, 2,511 yards and 30 TD) but not nearly as skilled at as running the rock.All of this translates into which team is better equipped at stopping the other one from imposing their own pace and will with better defense. Statistically the edge would appear to go to Kansas State (allow 375 ypg - 42nd; Ore. 382 ypg - 48th), but after watching Baylor run up 342 yards on the ground (7.0 ypc) scares me when you imagine what Oregon with Barner, Thomas and Mariota will do with over three weeks to prepare. Oregon hasn't done very well covering in either non-conference games (2-5 ATS in L7) or neutral site games (1-5 ATS), but considering they've been forced to chase some ridiculous numbers (favored by an average of 41 points in three non-conf. games this year) you have to take those trends for what they're worth.KSt hasn't played in a BCS bowl since 2008, and their history in bowls is pretty sketchy since they've gone 0-4 ATS in their last four bowl games (10-21 ATS in L31 non-conf. games too).

:thinking:

weighing the pluses and minuses it looks like the Ducks get the nod
Klein is good, but Ducks have to many weapons. The Ducks have way too much offense for the Wildcats. Oregon is averaging 50.8 points a game. The scary thing is this total could be a lot higher if Ducks coach Chip Kelly ran up scores. Kelly is the NFL's hottest head coaching prospect. This could be his last game with Oregon so the Ducks won't be letting up. Only once did the Ducks fail to score at least 40 points in a game and that was against Stanford, which just held Wisconsin to 14 points in the Rose Bowl. Kansas State is going to need to keep up. I don't see that happening. The Wildcats were held under 30 points four times, including three times in their last seven games. Klein is a better runner than passer. He had only three touchdown passes during his final four games. He was held to under 200 yards passing six times on the season. This limits the Wildcats from coming back if they fall several touchdowns behind.The Ducks have a history of putting up scores early scoring 61 percent of their points during the first half before Kelly eases up on the gas pedal.
Oregon qb is both a good runner and passer with a 30-to-6 touchdown-to-interception ratio. In the quarterback-rich Pac-12, Mariota was the first-team all conference quarterback. He's backed by a number of talented skill position players, including one of the best running backs in the country. Only once in his last six games did Mariota throw an interception. The Ducks, on the other hand, forced an FBS-high 39 turnovers.
Oregon is used to playing in pressure-packed bowl games. Kansas State has played in only four bowl games since 2002, losing all four of them, including 29-16 last season to Arkansas in the Cotton Bowl. Klein gained just 42 yards on 24 attempts in that loss.

Oregon* -7 -128 vs Kansas State
Risking 640 To Win 500

now that the side is out of the way, What to do with the total???
lean under but it scares me. opened @ 75, down to 73.5 in places

Thanks for stopping by CG...I have liked this game since the teams were announced. Although I graded this game with all departments going to Oklaoma except OL, I dont think Stoops wil have this team up for this game....just my opinion. I do have a warm fuzzzy feeling that A&M will win this one by 10-14 pts but but not as sure about the total as I dont think Oki will score as much on A&M as most think. I am on the road most of today headed back to WDW for a couple of weeks to make the wife happy.
GL CG

love the Aggies tonight since this matchup came out big time, OU is so freakin overrated, would lean under on total but no opinion

GL tonight my friend. I am trying to get time to look at this game more in depth, but gut says TA&M is the right side.

cant wait to see hopeful future Lions Luke Joeckel or Demonster Moore

Joeckel is expect to be a top-5 selection and could go as high as No. 1 overall

Hope ur correct on tonite game....I would love to put another nickle on A&M.....but

GL Detroit

GL tonight my friend. I am trying to get time to look at this game more in depth, but gut says TA&M is the right side.
Hope we on the winning side tonite
GL Tim

Silky, next yr we'll get together early and make a list of the ones we agree on and then I will know whick to go heavy on....I have lost a few biggies this bowl season, Like Fresno and Gators
GL tonite Sharky

Like the A&M play not sure on the total yet...if it drops I may be on it. BOL.

the total was tuff for me to capp also

GL DaRaiders

Sharky....we deserve a few easy ones
GL

Jimmymo....damn man....i hate to hear that!! I do wish U the BOL my friend

Mississippi* -3 -120 vs Pittsburgh U 330/300
Pittsburgh U/Mississippi* Under 54 -110 110/100... it was hard for me to get interested enough in this one to even take time to grade it. Pitt's fan base will be limited to friends and family of the players as the Panthers are now making their 3rd consecutive trip to wonderful Birmingham. This is SEC country and Ole Miss will have a big the crowd edge. I dont see Pitt motivated in the least little bit. Pitt qqb Sunseri is one of the least inspiring senior QBs in the nation. Sure, Sunseri’s 19-2 TD-INT ratio was a vast improvement over 10-11 last year, when he was also sacked 61 times. But the Panthers’ offense is not in the 400 Yards Per Game Club, despite Sunseri being a senior who has upperclassmen talent at the offensive skill positions Saddler(rec), by the way, missed the last two games of the regular season and his status for the bowl game is up in the air. Ole Miss QB Bo Wallace also threw for 19 touchdowns. With #1 tight end JMosley out and backup F Allen limited with injury, Ole Miss has been working with many 4-wide sets during bowl practices. Having a former QB in the receiving corps – Mackey – gives them an opportunity to pull some funny stuff that can catch Pitt by surprise. Mackey caught 24 passes this season and they also look for ways to get him the ball on the edge in running plays: 71 rushes, 4 rushing TDs this season. On third down with 1 to 3 yards to go this season, Pitt averaged 1.16 yards per rush attempt. That’s pretty lame. Also lame is Pitt’s defensive numbers against the run in 3rd-and-shorts: 22 first downs allowed in 29 3rd-and-1 to 3s, and 8 first downs allowed in 14 3rd-and-4 to 6s!. Yes, I realize Panthers finished strong, defeating Rutgers 27-6 and South Florida 27-3, holding those fteams to a combined 324 yards (58 rushing). I lost both of those. Once again I am going the other way from how I graded these two as on paper, Pitts gets the nod...but I will take a more balanced OleMiss squad who is happy to be at this game OleMiss wins 31 to 20

let me throw this one in here if u dont mind

Sam Houston State* +105 vs North Dakota State 100/105 with a slight lean on the Over 49. While both teams have a good ground game, SamHouston has an air game to compliment their rushing.

Nice work on Texas A&M Blood and good points on Ole Miss today. Pitt has played a lot better at the end of the year, but should have minimal fan interest and participation today while motivation would certainly be on the side of Ole Miss who are doing a nice job rebuilding their program. I tend to lean under in the FCS Championship today and think it it going to be a very close game. GL Blood.

I like Pitt today Blood, far to much love For Miss St in a game I graded as even. SEC is not leaps & bounds better than everyone else this yr, not sure if the SEC has taken a step backward or other conferences getting better. Whatever the scenario the gap has closed a bit in my opinion. GL on your action.....at least one of us gets the $$$ today.

Both stocks holding strong...will keep you posted.....we are nearing are goals. If ya have some loose change take a shot with NAVB...currently just under 3.....goal on this one is 5. I am in at 2.5

Mississippi* -3 -120 vs Pittsburgh U 330/300
Pittsburgh U/Mississippi* Under 54 -110 110/100... it was hard for me to get interested enough in this one to even take time to grade it. Pitt's fan base will be limited to friends and family of the players as the Panthers are now making their 3rd consecutive trip to wonderful Birmingham. This is SEC country and Ole Miss will have a big the crowd edge. I dont see Pitt motivated in the least little bit. Pitt qqb Sunseri is one of the least inspiring senior QBs in the nation. Sure, Sunseri’s 19-2 TD-INT ratio was a vast improvement over 10-11 last year, when he was also sacked 61 times. But the Panthers’ offense is not in the 400 Yards Per Game Club, despite Sunseri being a senior who has upperclassmen talent at the offensive skill positions Saddler(rec), by the way, missed the last two games of the regular season and his status for the bowl game is up in the air. Ole Miss QB Bo Wallace also threw for 19 touchdowns. With #1 tight end JMosley out and backup F Allen limited with injury, Ole Miss has been working with many 4-wide sets during bowl practices. Having a former QB in the receiving corps – Mackey – gives them an opportunity to pull some funny stuff that can catch Pitt by surprise. Mackey caught 24 passes this season and they also look for ways to get him the ball on the edge in running plays: 71 rushes, 4 rushing TDs this season. On third down with 1 to 3 yards to go this season, Pitt averaged 1.16 yards per rush attempt. That’s pretty lame. Also lame is Pitt’s defensive numbers against the run in 3rd-and-shorts: 22 first downs allowed in 29 3rd-and-1 to 3s, and 8 first downs allowed in 14 3rd-and-4 to 6s!. Yes, I realize Panthers finished strong, defeating Rutgers 27-6 and South Florida 27-3, holding those fteams to a combined 324 yards (58 rushing). I lost both of those. Once again I am going the other way from how I graded these two as on paper, Pitts gets the nod...but I will take a more balanced OleMiss squad who is happy to be at this game OleMiss wins 31 to 20

great write-up blood. I'm here with ya and the rebs. get em

I like Pitt today Blood, far to much love For Miss St in a game I graded as even. SEC is not leaps & bounds better than everyone else this yr, not sure if the SEC has taken a step backward or other conferences getting better. Whatever the scenario the gap has closed a bit in my opinion. GL on your action.....at least one of us gets the $$$ today.
I cant disagree with what U say. I had to go with some intangibles on this play....I may even put another couple on it after watching pregame

BOL Cash

Nice work on Texas A&M Blood and good points on Ole Miss today. Pitt has played a lot better at the end of the year, but should have minimal fan interest and participation today while motivation would certainly be on the side of Ole Miss who are doing a nice job rebuilding their program. I tend to lean under in the FCS Championship today and think it it going to be a very close game. GL Blood.

Thanks Tim, Appreciate ur thoughts

I hope the info I have put out this yr has been beneficial to cappers in making the correct decissions....and not a detriment!!

GL my friends

and now we are down to two bowls and what a bowl season it has been, definitely the toughest I can remember!!
Arkansas State* -3 -127 vs Kent State 254/200

lets capp a football game.

looking at the stats I give Arki St the better qb x2 and WR x1. I also think Arki St has the DL x1 and LB x1. ASU has played the superior sked yet still finished +30 ypg vs bowl tms while KSU was -76. So what does that leave Kent? Kent RB x1.5 and DB x1 and special team x2

Emotion: The head coaches for both teams have bolted for other jobs but KentSt figures to be sky-high for the school’s first bowl assignment in 40 years.This is the final game at Kent State for Darrell Hazell who elected to stay with the team before settling in at Purdue. Arki's Gus Malzahn, took the more common path, rushing off to his new post (Auburn) with scarcely time for a proper goodbye. However, he left both coordinators behind, including DC John Thompson, who has been retained by incoming coach Bryan Harsin. The classy Hazell is popular with his players, an edge to Kent State, which boasts one of the nation’s most dynamic players in RB/KR Dri Archer.

Players: At the quarterback position, there would seem to be a clear edge with Arkansas State’s Ryan Aplin over Kent State’s Spencer Keith. Aplin is statistically the best QB in school history and has a 68% completion rate with only four interceptions in 376 throws. He will be throwing into a KSU defense that’s adept at takeaways, but yet has a suspect secondary, vulnerable to the deep ball Aplin is a dual threat, Conference Player of the Year type. He has been a 60% or better completion rates in all four collegiate seasons, and is coming off a regular season in which he posted his best Yards Per Attempt 8.3 and best TD-INT ratio 23-4. Kent's Keith is 50-50 to complete a pass, and is basically the guy in charge of handing off to the running backs that have fueled Kent State’s offense, Durham (Thunder) and Archer (Lightning). Kent State is a good example of how a team’s fortunes can change when they stop turning the ball over, just moving forward without doing anything stupid, while the defense goes and gets many more turnovers than the offense makes. The Golden Flashes are +21 in Turnover Margin this season, second-best in the nation. Their defense has acquired 38 turnovers, tied with Oregon for the most in the nation. But here’s the problem with that ...it places them at a threshold where they need to get more turnovers than opponents in order for their full value to be realized. Arkansas State’s offense has not been a turnover team this season. It hit its best stride in November, averaging 531 yards per game in the final month. In 2012 overall, the unit averaged 74 plays per game in very balanced 217-264 Rushing-Passing output. By comparison, Kent State’s glaring deficiency is its 160 passing yards per game. Archer can score from anywhere on the field, was nevertheless held in check by Northern Illinois in the MAC Championship Game. That tape is out there for ASU to study and emulate. For a team that scored 34 points per game, Kent’s 18.8 first downs per game is pretty low.
Defenses: The Golden Flashes allowed averages of 420 yards and 25.1 points per outing. However, Kent State forced 35 turnovers to finish second in the nation in turnover ratio (+ 1.62). The defensive unit was better against the run, as it ranked 40th in the FBS and third in the MAC with 143.4 rushing yards allowed per game. The Red Wolves are ranked second in the SBC in total defense (386.5 ypg) and first in scoring defense 25.4 ppg.
Overall:Arkansas State owns the better defense (ranked 51st while Kent is 78th), despite facing Oregon and Nebraska in its two “payday” non-conference games. The only “majors” the Golden Flashes faced were Kentucky (2-10; alarmingly for the MAC rep, the Cats won 47-14) and offensively-limited Rutgers (104th in total offense). Kent’s pass defense ranked 106th and yielded more than 310 YP seven times in 2012. Kent’s success this season was due to a 2nd-best +21 turnover margin, fueled by the defense intercepting 23 passes (2nd-most). Unless Aplin duplicates last year’s 3-int. meltdown against Northern Illinois (a much better and more established MAC rep than the Golden Flashes), he should pick apart the pliable Kent 2ndary, while Oku will keep the chains moving on the ground. Look for ASU d.c. and temporary HC Thompson to load the box and force Keith to try to carry the offense.
Note:The Kent came very close to displacing Northern Illinois in the Orange Bowl. However, it’s worth noting that the double-OT affair with NIU wasn’t as close as the final score and Kent was out gained524-260.

I like ArkiSt and their O

Arkansas State/Kent State* Over 62 -120 240/200

i am with you on the total on this one. not knowing these teams to too well though i must admit, i assume the ark state offense shouldnt hit much of a snag with Gus gone seeing their OC is still there? Also, would have to give motivational edge to Kent as their coach stuck with them, which i think in a perfect world is the way to go in a bowl game before bolting.

and now we are down to two bowls and what a bowl season it has been, definitely the toughest I can remember!!

lets capp a football game.

looking at the stats I give Arki St the better qb x2 and WR x1. I also think Arki St has the DL x1 and LB x1. ASU has played the superior sked yet still finished +30 ypg vs bowl tms while KSU was -76. So what does that leave Kent? Kent RB x1.5 and DB x1 and special team x2

Emotion: The head coaches for both teams have bolted for other jobs but KentSt figures to be sky-high for the school’s first bowl assignment in 40 years.This is the final game at Kent State for Darrell Hazell who elected to stay with the team before settling in at Purdue. Arki's Gus Malzahn, took the more common path, rushing off to his new post (Auburn) with scarcely time for a proper goodbye. However, he left both coordinators behind, including DC John Thompson, who has been retained by incoming coach Bryan Harsin. The classy Hazell is popular with his players, an edge to Kent State, which boasts one of the nation’s most dynamic players in RB/KR Dri Archer.

Players: At the quarterback position, there would seem to be a clear edge with Arkansas State’s Ryan Aplin over Kent State’s Spencer Keith. Aplin is statistically the best QB in school history and has a 68% completion rate with only four interceptions in 376 throws. He will be throwing into a KSU defense that’s adept at takeaways, but yet has a suspect secondary, vulnerable to the deep ball Aplin is a dual threat, Conference Player of the Year type. He has been a 60% or better completion rates in all four collegiate seasons, and is coming off a regular season in which he posted his best Yards Per Attempt 8.3 and best TD-INT ratio 23-4. Kent's Keith is 50-50 to complete a pass, and is basically the guy in charge of handing off to the running backs that have fueled Kent State’s offense, Durham (Thunder) and Archer (Lightning). Kent State is a good example of how a team’s fortunes can change when they stop turning the ball over, just moving forward without doing anything stupid, while the defense goes and gets many more turnovers than the offense makes. The Golden Flashes are +21 in Turnover Margin this season, second-best in the nation. Their defense has acquired 38 turnovers, tied with Oregon for the most in the nation. But here’s the problem with that ...it places them at a threshold where they need to get more turnovers than opponents in order for their full value to be realized. Arkansas State’s offense has not been a turnover team this season. It hit its best stride in November, averaging 531 yards per game in the final month. In 2012 overall, the unit averaged 74 plays per game in very balanced 217-264 Rushing-Passing output. By comparison, Kent State’s glaring deficiency is its 160 passing yards per game. Archer can score from anywhere on the field, was nevertheless held in check by Northern Illinois in the MAC Championship Game. That tape is out there for ASU to study and emulate. For a team that scored 34 points per game, Kent’s 18.8 first downs per game is pretty low.
Defenses: The Golden Flashes allowed averages of 420 yards and 25.1 points per outing. However, Kent State forced 35 turnovers to finish second in the nation in turnover ratio (+ 1.62). The defensive unit was better against the run, as it ranked 40th in the FBS and third in the MAC with 143.4 rushing yards allowed per game. The Red Wolves are ranked second in the SBC in total defense (386.5 ypg) and first in scoring defense 25.4 ppg.
Overall:Arkansas State owns the better defense (ranked 51st while Kent is 78th), despite facing Oregon and Nebraska in its two “payday” non-conference games. The only “majors” the Golden Flashes faced were Kentucky (2-10; alarmingly for the MAC rep, the Cats won 47-14) and offensively-limited Rutgers (104th in total offense). Kent’s pass defense ranked 106th and yielded more than 310 YP seven times in 2012. Kent’s success this season was due to a 2nd-best +21 turnover margin, fueled by the defense intercepting 23 passes (2nd-most). Unless Aplin duplicates last year’s 3-int. meltdown against Northern Illinois (a much better and more established MAC rep than the Golden Flashes), he should pick apart the pliable Kent 2ndary, while Oku will keep the chains moving on the ground. Look for ASU d.c. and temporary HC Thompson to load the box and force Keith to try to carry the offense.
Note:The Kent came very close to displacing Northern Illinois in the Orange Bowl. However, it’s worth noting that the double-OT affair with NIU wasn’t as close as the final score and Kent was out gained524-260.

I like ArkiSt and their O

Arkansas State/Kent State* Over 62 -120 240/200

Health my friend. I like to see my friends win. I get the SU win. Wait till you see this Kent rb. Congrats on yesterday's win.

Back