All 35 Bowl Games

HuntDog....GL and be safe tonite while partying

Detroit....i could not agree more on USC being a piece of shit .....and their piece of shit coach....but i did think they would play better LOL

Please let me know if u figure out a way to relate 'smart plays' to 'winners' as I am still searching

Happy New Year fellas

Clemson* ML +173 vs LSU 100/173
Clemson/LSU* Over 58-115 115/100

Here is a good matchup between a good offense Clemson and a good defense LSU. Clemson brings the nation’s 13th-ranked passing offense to Atlanta. The Clems are led by junior quarterback Tajh Boyd, who has thrown for 3,550 yards and 34 touchdowns and rushed for another 492 yards and nine scores. He’ll face a tough test against LSU, which ranks 20th in the nation in pass defense. You can probably figure on this: Offensive plays that weren’t there to be made by LSU against the defenses of Florida, South Carolina, Texas A&M and Alabama will probably be there against Clemson, who ranks only mid-pack in run defense, and bottom third in pass defense. LSU doesn’t have the kind of offense that can zip to 70 points like West Virginia did against Clemson in last year’s Orange Bowl, but they have enough muscle to wear down that defense on long marches, finish drives in the red zone, while staying on the field to keep the ball out of the hands of Clemson’s dangerous playmakers. Clemson’s offense saw the field for only 28:09 per game this season, but averaged 18.4 yards per minute of possession, a very impressive figure. Oregon’s offense averaged 19.5 yards per minute, so Clemson is in that upper level of scoring. LSU? They have moved the ball only 12.4 yards per minute. But Clemson’s defense has allowed 5.7 yards per play, unlike the significantly smaller 4.1, 4.3, 4.7 and 5.2 yards per play allowed by Alabama, Florida, South Carolina and Texas A&M. When Clemson played against the stoutest defense in the ACC – Florida State’s 3.9 yards per play unit, fewest yards per play allowed in the nation – they nevertheless gained 426 yards and scored 37 points. But allowed 667 yards and lost, 49-37. Les Miles is 5-2 SU & 5-2 ATS in bowl games and the Tigers average margin of victory is 26 points.? That's pretty good. If LSU can slow down this game and keep the offense of Clemson off the field LSU will win this game and I see them winning this game by 2-field goals. LSU is 12-5 ATS when playing a team with a winning record and Clemson is 1-6 ATS in their last 7 bowl games. An interesting note,every team in the SEC had a running back who totaled more yards this season than LSU’s leading rusher, but the Tigers still managed to finish fifth in the conference in team rushing. Jeremy Hill led the way with 631 yards and 10 touchdowns, with Ware, Ford and Hilliard combining for 1,207 rushing yards and 10 scores.
So now one must decide whether U want to bet Defense of Offense?? I am an ole defensive player so this should be easy for me to go with LSU to the tune of 35 to 31. But Clemson has been a big money maker for me all yr and I want turn my back on them now. Clemson has to much Offense for LSU so I will stay with the team that brought me to the dance.
Clemson 35-31

happy new year, mr hound
with clemson win, you've turned it around
wishing you success today
in every game you make a play

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by bull

happy new year, mr hound
with Clemson win, you've turned it around
wishing you success today
in every game you make a play

Thank U MrBull

12pm plays
Oklahoma State -16 -130 330/300
Over68 -110 220/200....discussion if wanted

Mississippi St +1 -105 105/100... one of my books has this @ +...waiting till kickoff before getting down on this one hopefully for a better #...May have to buy it to 3 I see a very close game
Over 54 -115 115/100 discussion if wanted

1pm

South Carolina -3 -130 260/200
Under 49 -140 140/100
parlay South Carolina +3.5/Under 55 -130 260/200....discussion if wanted

1pm

Georgia -7 -130 650/500
Under 64 -130 260/200

I like Georgia big @ 10 or under and the under smaller down to 61...further discussion if wanted

5pm

Stanford* -3 -120 vs Wisconsin 240/200
Wisconsin/Stanford* Under 49 -140 140/100
Wisconsin/Stanford* Under 47 -110 110/100

Wise...I have the FlSt game figured 2 diff ways
I FlSt shows up to play the win 51-28

If FlSt doesnt show up, they win 31-17

I will have a writeup with some research included shortly

Florida State* -13 -130 vs Northern Illinois 130/100
Florida State* -14 -110 vs Northern Illinois 110/100
Northern Illinois/Florida State* Over59 -110 110/100
It’s not every weekend that Northern Illinois’ receivers are being covered by guys who will be on NFL draft radars. Those NIU wideouts are 6 feet tall and under. Seven of the eight receivers on Florida State’s depth chart are 6’0” and taller. Looks like Florida State can win some jump ball contests, and that Northern Illinois had better hope it can make yards after the catch, because FSU’s coverage people should be able to match strides and not allow much separation. Northern Illinois has another problem: Florida State QB E.J. Manuel,at 6’5”, 235, is bigger than any linebacker on the NIU depth chart. Florida State has running backs in the 220 range who are the same size as some of the NIU linebackers, and bigger than the NIU defensive backs. Given that these running backs run behind a Seminoles offensive line that outweighs the Huskies’ defensive line by 20-40 pounds per man, Florida State should be able to move the ball pretty easily on the ground, setting up successful play-action passing, then finishing drives. Northern Illinois’ defense played against some of the most sorryasse offenses out of conference this season, including Iowa (6 TD passes all season!), Kansas (Dayne Crist, ugh!) and Army (no passing!). Yet their defense was on the field for 32:42 per game, 9th-longest in the nation. The NIU offense has scored quickly and averaged a very impressive 17.8 yards per minute of possession. Florida State handled that kind of zippy opposing offensive production, from slightly bigger and faster players, when the Seminoles outscored Clemson in a shootout. Northern Illinois quarterback J Lynch runs a lot. His 271 carries were two-and-a-half times more than anybody else on the team. In the two most important games of the season, Lynch called his own number 30 and 36 times against Toledo and Kent State. Lynch is 6’0”, 218. The biggest opportunity for injury to a quarterback who runs a lot is when he is facing the biggest and fastest defense of the season. For instance, remember what happened to Colt McCoy when he ran early in the BCS Championship Game against Alabama? Crunch. Ouch. Out. Grading this game, FlSt has the the much larger edge in all departments. So now the question is , 'Does FlaSt show up for this game"? I think so.....but not enough to lay anything heavy on it. But if the Seminoles do show, I am leaving a lot on the table...ohwell
I dont see much hope for NoIll but I am glad to see them in a big bowl

I dont see much hope for NoIll but I am glad to see them in a big bowl

my sentiments exactly.
nice work on the sides, mr hound.

Florida* -13 -130 vs Louisville 390/300
Louisville/Florida* Under 49 -130 260/200... late posting this as the present line is 14.5 and 48. I do Not like Fla over -14 and I do not like the Under less than 47. The Ville brings the 100th-ranked rushing offense to the field against the Gators D, which has a good front four and good depth. Since Louisville ran for only 127 yards per game this season, the Cardinals aren’t likely to get much more than that, and could get a loss less. So, will Louisville quarterback QB Bridgewater be able to offset the lack of rushing production with a big passing game?? Maybe, but wouldn’t bet on it. Bridgewater’s 69% completion rate, 8.9 yards per attempt, 25-7 TD-INT ratio and 298 passing yards per game are very attractive numbers. But the Florida defense has allowed only 186 passing yards per game and only 5 TD passes this season, while intercepting 19 passes. The Gators held Johnny Football and the Texas A&M offense to 17 points on the road and they intercepted four-year starting QB Murray of Georgia (31-8 TD-INT) three times They intercepted senior QB Manuel of Florida State four times. Bridgewater is a sophomore. He still has mistakes to make, and the Florida defense should bring it out in him. Remember something: Bridgewater threw 3 INTs in Louisville’s bowl loss to NC State last season. Meanwhile, Louisville, besides being 100th-ranked in rushing offense, allowed 174 rushing yards per game in Big East play. The only team in the Big East that average as many rushing yards per game as Louisville allowed was Temple (201), and those were yards because Temple couldn’t pass. Florida rushed for 194 yards per game, and capped the regular season by rushing for 244 yards (5.2 per carry) against Florida State’s then-#2 ranked run defense. Florida has a 9-yard net edge in punt returns vs. Louisville, and Louisville’s 17.5 yards per kickoff return was sixth-lowest in the nation. Good field position will be hard to come by for Louisville. Florida has been an especially strong team after the first quarter this season, outscoring opponents 89-37 in the second quarter, 77-49 in the third, and putting the hammer down by a 115-29 count in the fourth so if ur a Ville fan, look @ the 1st qtr as a play. Grading this game, Fla easily comes out on top in all departments, except a slight edge to Villes QB.
There are some things that concern me about this play. And it is a Big motivational factor.Not many teams have been disrespected throughout this college football season than Louisville. It seems whatever the Cardinals did it wasn't good enough for those who followed college football. Now a win here in this game and Louisville can walk away with the final word here on their season and quiet all the doubters as well. Louisville has wins over North Carolina, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati and Rutgers this season and keep in mind that they were still undefeated all the way up until November 10th. 3rd year head coach Charlie Strong has done a phenomenal job with this program and despite all of they have accomplished so far, his team comes into this game nearly two touchdown underdogs for this game.Louisville wants a strong showing here in this game. The Cardinals know that they still have something to prove as most folks just don't believe in them. Of all the bowl games out there this may be the one where a team is getting the least amount of respect when you look at what they have done so far this season.Again, I don't think Louisville wins this game outright, but the final score will be much close to a touchdown than some peps are predicting. The Cards pass defense is one of the better units in the country and they will force Florida into a one-dimensional offense. This is alright with the Gators as they do boast a solid rushing attack, but they won't be able to blow this game wide open by just running the ball. This is a much "bigger" game for Louisville than it is for Florida. The Gators had a chance to play in the National Championship game and now they are playing in a smaller BCS Bowl Game that they are a huge favorite in.
Florida became the team to bet on among CFB followers late in the season as the Gators pulled off a big upset over Florida St. If not for their forcing of five turnovers in that game, the Gators would have struggled to pull off that upset. The thing most seem to forget was just how poorly this team played in their games against Bowling Green, Missouri and ULL this year. They avoided having to play Alabama, caught A&M early in their new coaches 1st season, lost to Georgia and missed out on the two SEC up and coming teams with Mississippi and MississippiSt this year. Lastly keep in that for a team that went 11-1 on the season, only 4 of those 11 wins came by more than 14 points.
Bottom line thoughts. Louisville will have less than two TD's. Florida will score 4 TDs and maybe a couple of FG's. Just some thoughts and I may very well be wrong. I this line drops I will add more to Fla but for now, 3 U's is as much as I want to lay down

GLTA

Bloody, went large my friend. I didn't like seeing you on the other side of course. Never in doubt until N. Illini defense started to play flag football for a few minutes. I had Stanford under 48 and team total under 25.5 large as well. That was way more of a sweat the way Stanford came out. Hard to believe Stanford only score 6pts more after the first 2 drives being easy TD drives.

I don't have anything yet for tonight, although I'm leaning 1st half over 23.5. I haven't locked anything in yet.

Stanford made two amazing catches on long throws up for grabs to score the first two TD's. I don't think it was easy for them at all. The lesser team won.

Good luck tonight Hound

parlay
Florida* -630
Oregon* -320

Texas A&M* +7 -660

Alabama* -355
400/500

added another two units to this par for a total of 6 to win 7.5 U

Last edited:
Stanford made two amazing catches on long throws up for grabs to score the first two TD's. I don't think it was easy for them at all. The lesser team won.

Good luck tonight Hound

VK, i guess we disagree. Stanford had 14pts in their first 2 possessions. I recall both drives having more than just 2 plays. They ran a reverse 16 yards untouched for a TD after the 1st big catch. 2nd drive for TD was 5 plays. Not exactly difficult IMO. GL

Flea Flicker followed by reverse .....guess we will agree to disagree. Don't really want to debate it and definitely not in Hound's thread.

I like it also Dwow...I added another two U to it

GL

Thanks Silky...hoping to end this thing with a Bang!!!

GL

Now the Question....with everyone on the Ville tonite, Why isnt the line moving down. I would like some more of the Gators @ -13

Back