All 35 Bowl Games

mr hound- I see where you nailed that BYU-SDSU game:shake:

I wound up passing on it, which is better than playing my pick SDS would have been.
I have to say I hope you go undefeated, because I'm with you on 3 of the next 4 games and may switch my side on the bOise game.
GL :thumbsup2:

Thanks mr bull....dont let the ole hound talk u off of Washington....thats a live dog and a good ML play ......if u like those kind of plays...and i know u do my friend. Im going to stick with my original capp od Boise though :)

Need some help on this one fellas

Western Kentucky vs. Central Michigan ??????
I have sat here looking at the stats and intangibles for the last hour and still no closer to seeing the winning side.
I played this Under 60 for one on the open(presently 57) and like it to 55 but the side......I dont have any feel for!!
notes on this game.... my 1st thought is that CM is just happy to be bowling, especially in their own backyard of Detroit. They probably dont deserve this game and maybe chosen just to put peps in the stadium. And then WestK playing without their HC. CMU was out-yarded by all but two opponents and their four wins in league play came against teams that were a combined 9-41. Western Kentucky was actually more deserving of a bowl bid LY when they finished 7-5 and covered the spot in their last nine opportunities.I grade this game towards WK @ 75-80%. Really the only advantages I give CM is their OL and 'home field' crowd @ Ford field. The Hilltoppers also have a star back in Andrews who has carried the ball 264 times in his past 10 games, racking up 238 and 230 yards in his past two games. He is a big reason why WKU is 6-0 ATS (4-2 SU) in non-home games this season. Most of all I like WKU's D to keep CM in check .....somewhat.
Thoughts needed please

A couple thoughts. Central travels decent but have been to the pizza bowl so many times it seems like. They usually play a bigger name oppponent as well. I doubt the crowd will be a factor. These bottom feeder MAC teams. I dunno about them, struggling so far, the defenses get overwhelmmed.

Having said that I have seen maybe a half of play from wku. So probably just as clueless as you ha.

Mr Hound - I didn't "bet" the Boise-Washington game but wound up taking $5 from a good friend.

FWIW _ I like WKU v CMU . I think the bowl snub last year works in their favor. And with the coach gone but a new coach in waiting, I think they will want to impress Mr Petrino. I think CMU coach is not very good either. Those factors are enough to sway me.
Merry Christmas and good luck.

Merry X-mas my friend, hope the weather is nice in Fla for you. We are getting a wintery wet mix today and I am finally going to have to put the shorts away for a couple of months probably until I go to Aruba in Feb. Longest two months of the year coming up......My best to Tracey.

HuntDog...Thanks for the reply. Still havent made a play

MrBull...Thanks for the thoughts...Leaning towards WK but hard to pull the trigger on this one

P2W... Thanks U my friend And the same to U and the family

DrTim... Still have the shorts and t-shirt on but certainly not suntan weather low 70ties daytime, low fifties nite good cycling and kayaking weather along with big campfires and KnobCreek at nite

GL fellas

Mr Hound - I didn't "bet" the Boise-Washington game but wound up taking $5 from a good friend.

FWIW _ I like WKU v CMU . I think the bowl snub last year works in their favor. And with the coach gone but a new coach in waiting, I think they will want to impress Mr Petrino. I think CMU coach is not very good either. Those factors are enough to sway me.
Merry Christmas and good luck.

Enos is terrible

Thanks guys GL to y'all

I added 2 U's to FresnoSt -11 -115 this morn along with another two U to the Over 60 along with a parlay of the two for 1 and teased the two @5.5 and Ov 54 so I have a lot riding on this game tonite

Lets have a Great game Fresno

well hell....what can i say except I stink. I have lost BallSt, BoiseSt and FresnoSt....Glad to get those ''states'' behind me as they really put a dent in my bowl roll.....I sure wish I could capp emotion

For Wednesday nite I played Western Kentucky -6 and Under 60 both to win one. I believe that CentralMich is the weekest team in the bowls this yr and that WK D can hold the score down.

Three games on Thrusday...back in a few with some thoughts

Hope All had a Great Christmas

Your combo will largely be based on wku ability/inability to stop tipton. With Andrews running over and over again you get a running clock no matter who has it until it becomes a two score or more game 2h. best of luck. btw interim wku coach has done the interim thing before. Cmich with two option opponents this year makes gross stats near meaningless so suggest to anyone who hasn't to check how each game went to get a better idea of cmu.

best of luck .. and no way to know fsu would not care one bit so just have to let that one go as one of those wtf bowl games..

Good luck with Wku.

Emotion is probably the biggest single factor when betting on bowl games IMO.

Your combo will largely be based on wku ability/inability to stop tipton. With Andrews running over and over again you get a running clock no matter who has it until it becomes a two score or more game 2h. best of luck. btw interim wku coach has done the interim thing before. Cmich with two option opponents this year makes gross stats near meaningless so suggest to anyone who hasn't to check how each game went to get a better idea of cmu.

best of luck .. and no way to know fsu would not care one bit so just have to let that one go as one of those wtf bowl games..

Thanks for the reply VK...halfway thru this WK game and not liking what I seeing from either team. Sure would like to pull these two plays through GL on whatever u played

Good luck with Wku.

Emotion is probably the biggest single factor when betting on bowl games IMO.

Ur so right NBA
Ohhhhh, if we could just capture this thing we call emotion, bottle it and make a couple of fortunes selling it!!

Thanks P2W...I think WK comes back in 2nd half to cover

GL guys

capping the 'emotion' thoughts....San Jose St has to travel all the way across the country for their first bowl game in six years and have to try and win with an interim coach after MacIntyre left for Colorado . rain, wind expected, temps in mid-40's. Spartans won last two bowls, are 6-2 as favorites this year- they beat BYU, La Tech, lost by only 3 at Stanford. Bowling Green is just happy to be in a bowl game in first bowl since '09, a 43-42 loss to Idaho. they allowed ave of 40ppg in last five bowls, but won six of last seven games overall after 1-3 start (lost at Florida and Va Tech). but i read where interim coach Kent Baer is popular with the players and is on the short list of candidates to replace MacIntyre, making this game an audition. They are 2-2 as underdogs this year, just 7-15 on FGs. San Jose's PK is 15-15 on FGs. WAC non-conference favorites are 6-7 vs spread; MAC underdogs are 18-16. Favorites covered three of previous four in this bowl, with average total in bowl history, 63. Capping just the stats, I give BG a slight edge in all but the D line and its about even. BG may have played the easier schedule by a little bit. Although I dont see a big edge here, I am going with my feelings on this game. This total is pretty close to my # but like the Under more than over

San Jose State -7 -115 115/100
Under 44 -110 110/100

more 'emotions'...The Cinci will be playing without their head coach here while the Blue Devils are ecstatic to be back in a bowl after an 18 yr layoff. Which is bigger?? Hard to make a play on Cinci with an unproven QB but hard to make a play on a 'virgin' bowl team with Duke. I do like this total Over though!!. Now to find a winner. I have gone thru the stats a couple of times and everything comes up favoring Cinci slightly but I dont get a warm fuzzy feeling with the BearCats. Lets give Cinci the win but Duke cover the 9 to 10 pts....maybe something like 35 to 28...may some more to this one
Duke +10 -110 55/50
Over 59 -115 115/100

I played UCLA on the open @ -1 and like it to -3. I initially capped it a 6 pt Bruins win and I will stay with that #. I give UCLA a nice advantage at all critical stats except O line where the Bears hold a small edge. Can the Bruins regroup after coming ever-so-close to hosting the Rose Bowl? I like their chances at this in-state right down the road venue. I think so!!

UCLA -1 -115 115/110
Over 81 -110 110/100

WKU let us down, they never could garner any kind of sustainable pass rush all night long and played really soft in pass coverage. Thought they adjusted well at HT offensively and put together the nice long drive where they controlled the clock and LOS. It was a shame the gm was so poorly refereed. I thought the refs really missed a pass interference on the last drive that would have put WKU in business at the 10 yd line or so and that turned out to be big from a teaser standpoint anyway, realizing they still wouldn't have covered SU ATS. These bowls are tricky and I am stuggling right now. GL Blood.

WKU let us down, they never could garner any kind of sustainable pass rush all night long and played really soft in pass coverage. Thought they adjusted well at HT offensively and put together the nice long drive where they controlled the clock and LOS. It was a shame the gm was so poorly refereed. I thought the refs really missed a pass interference on the last drive that would have put WKU in business at the 10 yd line or so and that turned out to be big from a teaser standpoint anyway, realizing they still wouldn't have covered SU ATS. These bowls are tricky and I am stuggling right now. GL Blood.

Obviously wku missed the injured DL but I didn't understand what wku was doing with their linebackers. They stood frozen near the LOS over and over again neither playing coverage nor rushing the passer on pass plays. It was ponderous. The dropped pick six hurt. Whatever was lost on that PI late just made up for the horrible pass complete call on the review. These bowls are tricky.

Agree with all of ur thoughts Tim. We all knew going into this game that WKU was somewhat Offensively 'challanged' and CM had a porous D so therefore I really hoped that them team we sided with could make enough happen to win us a cover.....but I was wrong again. As for the Coaches decision to go for the 1st down, that was a team decision to go for the win and not just the coaches. I dont believe that I would have gone that way but I dont fault WKU coach for loosing the game/cover as we would have not made the cover even with a TD. I would like to have had the win for this little contest we have going and for a little confidence.(and a little coin :) OH Well...I am playing catchup now and need to pt together a string of wins as I continue to ''try'' and win the rest of the bowl games
GL to U DrTimBut

Obviously wku missed the injured DL but I didn't understand what wku was doing with their linebackers. They stood frozen near the LOS over and over again neither playing coverage nor rushing the passer on pass plays. It was ponderous. The dropped pick six hurt. Whatever was lost on that PI late just made up for the horrible pass complete call on the review. These bowls are tricky.

:angry2:
and costly
Hope ur winning VK

PlayBall....GL to U my friend. Hopefully we can win sides and totals today.

I look forward to reading everone thoughts on todays games. While I have made todays plays, there is nothing that says I cant be talked out of a play as u can see, my pick of late are not going my way!!

GLTA

added some parlays and teasers
Bowling Green/San Jose State under 50½ for Game Football - 218 San Jose State -1 for Game 110/100

Football - 218 San Jose State -1 for Game

Football - 222 UCLA +3 for Game
Football - 219 Cincinnati/Duke over 56 for Game 100/150

Football - 222 UCLA -150 for Game

Football - 218 San Jose State -290 for Game parlay 100/125

and 'just one more ''I cant help myself" teaser...the #s are just to appealing :)

20/120[TABLE="class: betslip"]
<tbody>[TR="class: itemlist cplxchld"]
[TD="class: col_event, colspan: 3"]Cincinnati VS Duke
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: itemlist cplxchld"]
[TD="class: col_error bdb"][/TD]
[TD="class: col_selection bdb"] Duke[/TD]
[TD="class: col_selection bdb, width: 38.6%"]+15 [/TD]
[TD="class: col_odds bdb"]-115 [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: col_no"][/TD]
[TD="class: col_event, colspan: 3"]Bowling Green VS San Jose State
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: col_selection bdb"] State[/TD]
[TD="class: col_selection bdb, width: 38.6%"]-1 [/TD]
[TD="class: col_odds bdb"]-115 [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: col_event, colspan: 3"]Baylor VS UCLA
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: col_selection bdb"] UCLA[/TD]
[TD="class: col_selection bdb, width: 38.6%"]+3 [/TD]
[TD="class: col_odds bdb"]-105 [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: col_event, colspan: 3"]Cincinnati VS Duke
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: col_selection bdb"] Over[/TD]
[TD="class: col_selection bdb, width: 38.6%"]56 [/TD]
[TD="class: col_odds bdb"]-110 [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: col_event, colspan: 3"]Bowling Green VS San Jose State
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: col_selection bdb"] Under[/TD]
[TD="class: col_selection bdb, width: 38.6%"]50½ [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: col_event, colspan: 3"]Baylor VS UCLA
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: col_selection bdb"] Over[/TD]
[TD="class: col_selection bdb, width: 38.6%"]76½ [/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

These are the worst Bowl teams I can remember or it just might be the overall quality of football now. The roll out by the WKU QB and touchdown throw in the 2nd quarter had to be one of the stupidest decisions made by a DB I've ever seen. He leaves the TE to be the 3rd guy in line to make a tackle on the QB who is still behind the line of scrimmage? Sloppy played football and along with stupid is what I've been seeing so far. This stuff is hard to watch. I prefer watching the academy schools over this crap.

With you on San Jose State. However, your comment re interim coach auditioning is a moot one as they have hired Ron Caragher as new head coach. Good luck to us today. Has been a rough Bowl season thus far in this camp as well.

Ya would have been a nice motivational angle if they had delayed the hiring but can't blame them for getting new coach as quickly as they could.

That was a killer too. I agree the LB's looked paralyzed the entire night.

GL on the action Blood, I have a gut feeling these MAC teams are going to be competitive. I really like that Duke & Over play.

at 1-5 in the bowls, I am feeling totally in need of help.
Thanks, mr hound, for picking the teams that I would have played if I were all on my lonesome.
GL :thinking:

at 1-5 in the bowls, I am feeling totally in need of help.
Thanks, mr hound, for picking the teams that I would have played if I were all on my lonesome.
GL :thinking:

hang in there MrBull...some good games on the way my friend

dexter...Thanks for the update on coaching change
GL buddy

Wise....I just Love College Football. I will capp&watch whoever plays

VK....who are U on this evening

Thanks Cash....I added a bit to SJSt for 2nd half

Dwight....hope all is well GL

UL Monroe* -6 -125 500/400
Ohio/UL Monroe* Over60 -110 220/200.....as u can see, I like this side and total. This is the dreaded tail of two teams headed in different directions here as Ohio lost its final 3 contests while ULM came out winners in its last two. Both O and D lines are better for UL-Monroe. Db's and LB's bout even of very slight edge to BobCats but home crowd edge more than makeup for that. Monroe team will be sky-high for school’s first-ever bowl game. And with a month to heal late season ankle injury, Monroe's QB Browning with 27 TDP and also leading rusher back near 100% to perform in HC Berry’s high-tech spread

Parlay
[TABLE="class: betslip"]
[TD="class: col_event, colspan: 3"]Louisiana Monroe -7/Over 60 - 100/269
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[TABLE="class: betslip"]
[TD="class: col_event, colspan: 3"]Tease Louisiana Monroe -1/Ohio/Louisiana Monroe over 60 110/100[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: col_odds bdb"][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TR]
[TD="class: col_selection bdb"][/TD]
[TD="class: col_odds bdb"][/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Last edited:
Virginia Tech*-2 vs Rutgers -105 210/200
Rutgers/Virginia Tech* Under 42 220/200....not much confidence in either these plays and not much to say about the game either. I will predict a score of 21-17 VT on top

added to this one @ kickoff

Last edited:
Texas Tech* -12.5 -110 vs Minnesota U 330/300
Minnesota U/Texas Tech* Over 55 -110 110/100
Texas Tech* TT Over 34 -110
vs Minnesota U 220/200....Minni lost four of their last five games and defeated only two teams with winning records (New Hampshire and Syracuse). In the season finale against Michigan State, the offense generated only 96 yards (4 rushing), the lowest total by a Gopher team in 38 years. HC Jerry Kill concedes that 2013 will be another rebuilding year and was thankful for the chance to get a leg up on spring practice. Minnesota won’t bring many fans. Texas Tech also struggled to the finish line 0-5 ATS, but the Red Raiders improved their defensive yield by 118 yards over last season despite playing three games that went to overtime and have a very pronounced edge at quarterback.

Back