49ers vs. Rams Discussion Thread

so as someone posted jimmy g has never eclipsed 219 passing yards in a playoff game (that was also the 1 loss in SB vs kc), but his passing yardage prop for this game is 226.5, interesting. of course he smashed that number in the comeback vs rams a few weeks back, in the 1st meeting while playing with a lead he was under 200.. seems this one be pretty easy to figure out if ya can figure out if rams jump out to a lead or not? lol.. tend to think it more likely to be close where niners can continue leaning on the run game and limit his attempts. long as the defense is doing their jobs,

Well said. It used to make me mad when there would be 20% of SF filled with Packers or Cowboys fans. Couldn't imagine having to watch my team earn a home game to go to the SB and have to use silent counts and not be able to feed off of the crowd.
I’ve been to the LA Coliseum when the Packers were in town a couple years ago. It was 80% green and Goff went to a silent count. A couple years ago i was at the Coliseum when the 9ers came in. The crowd noise was incredible for the 9ers. The reason why the Rams left was because they didn’t have enough fan support. The 2nd largest city in the nation lost 2 football teams and had no team for 20 years. That’s crazy when you think about it.

No doubt! Being from stl I naturally hate kronke so I think it funny. I was never some huge rams fan, like most teams I like when we have good 1s here cause city more fun but ultimately I don’t care, and not like we didn’t steal rams from la in 1st place. If it wasn’t for gambling I wouldn’t care who wins or plays where, He seems like a total douche so anything that embarrassing to him funny to me. I really don’t think it will have any effect on outcome the game tho.
I went to St Louis in 2004 for a Monday night game. I remember the locals there saying how it was a baseball town 1st but I do recall a great fan base and home field advantage for the Rams in St Louis. I’ve yet to enjoy a home game in LA outside of watching Arizona because their fan base is weak.

Rams 1H for me. The Niners have been a 2H team and the Rams have been starting solidly in the playoffs. Might also make this a 1Q play.

I think this is smart. I can’t see Rams rallying from behind if 9ers hit them early. But I do think 9ers will be conservative and they’ve had serious issues with stopping teams and their scripted 15 plays. Me and my 9er buddies just say we can’t fall behind 2+ scores. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if the Rams go down the field and lead 10-0 after 1.

I’ve been to the LA Coliseum when the Packers were in town a couple years ago. It was 80% green and Goff went to a silent count. A couple years ago i was at the Coliseum when the 9ers came in. The crowd noise was incredible for the 9ers. The reason why the Rams left was because they didn’t have enough fan support. The 2nd largest city in the nation lost 2 football teams and had no team for 20 years. That’s crazy when you think about it.

You’d think returning home to a huge city this wouldn’t be the case. But unless it’s the LA Lakers I don’t think the fans care all that much.

You’d think returning home to a huge city this wouldn’t be the case. But unless it’s the LA Lakers I don’t think the fans care all that much.
This has been their problem since the 70’s. It’s a hard one to explain. I was there this year for the Arizona game and it was packed with Rams fans only. Anyway, I’ll be there Sunday and will keep you guys posted as to how it is. Should be fun

This has been their problem since the 70’s. It’s a hard one to explain. I was there this year for the Arizona game and it was packed with Rams fans only. Anyway, I’ll be there Sunday and will keep you guys posted as to how it is. Should be fun

Doyers seem to draw plenty of interest as well! I think that one the biggest reasons we see dodgers and rams continue adding stars, winning/being a good team isn’t enough in la, you gotta be box office! Think it not so great for rams, what bout chargers? They made a huge mistake moving imo.

maybe instead of ml parlay it would make sense to do a teaser, if i can get niners up to +10 i think i would feel pretty good, i still think i would tease kc down opposed to cincy up but i have to think more about that. i dont think we gonna see blowouts in these 2 unless niners are totally spent at this point?
Don’t over think it. KC is easily the best teaser spot on the board. Would you be more shocked KC won by 14+ or lost outright?

Don’t over think it. KC is easily the best teaser spot on the board. Would you be more shocked KC won by 14+ or lost outright?

I said I lean to kc, lol. overthinking things is what I do! I dunno which would shock me more, if it comes down to who has ball last it wouldn’t be that shocking if either team won. I’d be pretty surprised if kc won by more than 14 for real. When you put it that way I have more doubt bout teasing kc than before!

I said I lean to kc, lol. overthinking things is what I do! I dunno which would shock me more, if it comes down to who has ball last it wouldn’t be that shocking if either team won. I’d be pretty surprised if kc won by more than 14 for real. When you put it that way I have more doubt bout teasing kc than before!
I’m not a teaser guy but Cincy really is teasing through no man’s land… KC/Niners is really the only way to go teaser wise this weekend.

I’m not a teaser guy but Cincy really is teasing through no man’s land… KC/Niners is really the only way to go teaser wise this weekend.

I prob wouldn’t tease cincy up but when you put it the way you did it really made me think harder about it. I used to love teasers, I think they have kinda become less valuable in recent years so I don’t play as many, they were fantastic for last weekend tho when I felt most the games were tight. Bills was only game of the 3 I really needed the 6 points but made me feel a whole lot better with niners and rams to play ml and then have the extra points teased. I’m not sure teasing cincy is no man’s land, getting past 10 and 13 I think has value, far more value than say teasing a small fav across 0 anyways imo.

I really still havnt decided how to attack these games, just spitballing all the ideas I can come up with to try and make sure I make some money! Better to do it now than after the fact kicking myself for not thinking of something! Lol.

Both Shanny and Trent himself said he will play this weekend but he didn't practice today. I'm not sure what will happen but they do so much with him in the zone game, pulling, etc. etc. that you have to prepare for him if you're an opponent. Could be just games. I'm not sure if he will go.

Both Shanny and Trent himself said he will play this weekend but he didn't practice today. I'm not sure what will happen but they do so much with him in the zone game, pulling, etc. etc. that you have to prepare for him if you're an opponent. Could be just games. I'm not sure if he will go.

Sure sounds like he will but I can’t imagine he gonna be doing a bunch of pulling or anything on that ankle.

If the Rams want to go to the SB. They'll have to do it in Levi South.

The Los Angeles Times reported that ticket resale site Vivid Seats is estimating 65 percent of fans in attendance at SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles will be 49ers fans. The Rams and 49ers recently played in a Week 18 matchup at SoFi Stadium, in which Los Angeles had to use silent counts at home due to the crowd noise from 9ers fans.

If the Rams want to go to the SB. They'll have to do it in Levi South.

The Los Angeles Times reported that ticket resale site Vivid Seats is estimating 65 percent of fans in attendance at SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles will be 49ers fans. The Rams and 49ers recently played in a Week 18 matchup at SoFi Stadium, in which Los Angeles had to use silent counts at home due to the crowd noise from 9ers fans.

9ers have not been great, or even good, at "home" though with advantages in crowd noise, etc. 4-4 this year and a disaster last year but chalk that up to injuries, covid, and playing in Arizona for home games.

9ers have not been great, or even good, at "home" though with advantages in crowd noise, etc. 4-4 this year and a disaster last year but chalk that up to injuries, covid, and playing in Arizona for home games.

This very tough for me cause I been on your squad as possible SB team from beginning. Even tho I defend Jimmy a lot part of me thought by now the kid they drafted be playing qb, lol. I really am worried they gonna run out of gas, at same time how can ya not respect what they doing and maybe more importantly the way shanny has owned Mcvey?? Has debo practiced this week?

This very tough for me cause I been on your squad as possible SB team from beginning. Even tho I defend Jimmy a lot part of me thought by now the kid they drafted be playing qb, lol. I really am worried they gonna run out of gas, at same time how can ya not respect what they doing and maybe more importantly the way shanny has owned Mcvey?? Has debo practiced this week?

I think he's practiced all week without restriction.

Trent no practice. Mitchell limited today but he should be fine to play.

Thomas CB returned full participant which is big. Secondary is thin and he was improving a ton.

I think he's practiced all week without restriction.

Trent no practice. Mitchell limited today but he should be fine to play.

Thomas CB returned full participant which is big. Secondary is thin and he was improving a ton.

I’d think Mitchell is just a load management thing. I don’t remember him looking too beat up. Guy has gotten a ton of Carries the last 6-8 weeks, no reason to practice wed/Thu.

Woulda thought they take it easy w debo also, seems like a really good sign he been out there, I expected he play regardless, was more worried how effective/explosive he be.

The big man was really limping majority the 2nd half last week. He def seems like the one most up in the air. Dude that big with a hurt ankle ain’t no fun!!!

Maybe as impressive as fact they have beat rams 6 in a row is Mcvey avg like 10 points less a game vs niners!! Ya’ll front 4 has really impacted those games, they sacked Stafford 5x in the week 18 game. I don’t think he will be as comfy in the pocket he was vs tampa last week.

Man this game is so tough imo! rams feel like the nfc SB representative to me but there so much to like bout niners that I don’t think majority see as easily as rams flash.

Stafford against zone 15 TDs 14 Ints

You are killing my bedtime listening!! LmAo. Great stat tho.

Guess the question has to be how different is Stafford now compared to majority the season? I think we have to allow lot of lee-weigh with him learning a new offense and Mcvey figuring out what he could do with his new toy at qb. Then throw in losing woods and having to acclimate obj and I’m just not sure how much we should take away from his overall season numbers? At same time niners clearly impacted him especially in the second half in week 18 which wasn’t that long ago! Wasn’t that like the 1st game Mcvey had ever lost after leading at the half? That pretty amazing!

I think their D carries them into SB

I think their D carries them into SB

I think so, too, but I just didn't want my obsession for LA turning red to mean it's going to turn into an environment where the 9ers win 90% of their games.

With that being said I think it could really mess with LA to have to deal with that @ home.

Line to me is very very strong. But all I hear from the media is LA beat the champs and SF didn't score an offensive TD.

I think so, too, but I just didn't want my obsession for LA turning red to mean it's going to turn into an environment where the 9ers win 90% of their games.

With that being said I think it could really mess with LA to have to deal with that @ home.

Line to me is very very strong. But all I hear from the media is LA beat the champs and SF didn't score an offensive TD.

It was 0 degrees and conditions were awful. Jimmy g could hardly throw, packers could sell out to stop run, don’t think rams have that luxury. Silly comparison. If they gonna go there shouldn’t they be giving niners a ton of credit for not allowing packers shit after opening td drive??

Guess the question has to be how different is Stafford now compared to majority the season? I think we have to allow lot of lee-weigh with him learning a new offense and Mcvey figuring out what he could do with his new toy at qb. Then throw in losing woods and having to acclimate obj and I’m just not sure how much we should take away from his overall season numbers? At same time niners clearly impacted him especially in the second half in week 18 which wasn’t that long ago! Wasn’t that like the 1st game Mcvey had ever lost after leading at the half? That pretty amazing!
The way Stafford is playing now is how he played before November. November was a nightmarish month for him. December wasn’t great but January has been much better. Watching OBJ broadening his output and Akers becoming an added weapon minus the 2 fumbles, Stafford looks like he’s at the dinner table with a nice appetite. He’s on a roll and looks to be in command. The Rams issues are stopping the 9ers running game. One note that clearly was maximized vs the Bucs was Stafford utilizing the play clock and shortening the game. It was an area of stupidity prior to January. It looks like they’ve made an effort to keep opposing offenses off the field.

The way Stafford is playing now is how he played before November. November was a nightmarish month for him. December wasn’t great but January has been much better. Watching OBJ broadening his output and Akers becoming an added weapon minus the 2 fumbles, Stafford looks like he’s at the dinner table with a nice appetite. He’s on a roll and looks to be in command. The Rams issues are stopping the 9ers running game. One note that clearly was maximized vs the Bucs was Stafford utilizing the play clock and shortening the game. It was an area of stupidity prior to January. It looks like they’ve made an effort to keep opposing offenses off the field.
Concerning? I would "think" (I have no idea) that this is a problem or worry of Rams coaches.

Has anyone read anything on this?

Concerning? I would "think" (I have no idea) that this is a problem or worry of Rams coaches.

Has anyone read anything on this?
Aikers wasn’t a fumbler prior to last week. Sony Michel is the one who hadn’t gotten himself in the doghouse with fumbling.
A side note. I’m amazed how everyone second guessed McVay that Michel should have been carry at the goal line on the 1st fumble. The other 2nd guess from the majority that is mind boggling is the squib kick in the KC game. I’ve even heard people say the Bills should have gone for 2 to take a 4pt lead. When you think stupid over 13 seconds then you deserve to lose. Bills D alignment clearly lost that game. Just listen to Kelce mic'd up. Bills left a straight path down the field open. That’s where they lost. Not kicking it through the endzone to avoid a kickoff for a TD.

Aikers wasn’t a fumbler prior to last week. Sony Michel is the one who hadn’t gotten himself in the doghouse with fumbling.
A side note. I’m amazed how everyone second guessed McVay that Michel should have been carry at the goal line on the 1st fumble.
I don't disagree. But Akers 2 fumbles at critical times in the game has to be a concern. Hell, I'd bet Akers himself has the heebie jeebies

I don't disagree. But Akers 2 fumbles at critical times in the game has to be a concern. Hell, I'd bet Akers himself has the heebie jeebies
I think it’ll just be a matter of 3 pointing the ball better

Last edited:
Stafford is capable of losing this game in the same way Jimmy is. Don't think the gap in QB play is as wide as most handicappers.

I doubt niners roll out cover zero in a tie game late either. What the hell was that about.

Stafford is capable of losing this game in the same way Jimmy is. Don't think the gap in QB play is as wide as most handicappers.

I doubt niners roll out cover zero in a tie game late either. What the hell was that about.
Respectfully disagree with JG and MS gap. You can’t play QB much bettter than how MS is playing. JG is capable but recent and season performances have been mediocre. He’s not even in the conversation as a top 5 QB in the NFC.

Respectfully disagree with JG and MS gap. You can’t play QB much bettter than how MS is playing. JG is capable but recent and season performances have been mediocre. He’s not even in the conversation as a top 5 QB in the NFC.

I guess it depends how you look at it, if we were talking afc there wouldn’t be a argument, but since it seems to me the gold standard for measuring qbs is wins and losses id guess he stacks up very favorably. I don’t think there 5 other nfc qbs I would rather have in a win or go home, even if he does throw 2-3 passes a game that totally freak me out!! Lol .

I’m in total agreement with you that Stafford the better qb in this game, just think Jimmy a proven winner even if it not the most artistic looking qb play (far from it)!. Stafford has more than proven he capable of making big time throws in big moments tho, think there a argument he the best in the nfc right now (obviously not comparing any these guys to Brady and his achievements but let’s just pretend he done playing for this, lol).

Kind of wild all the Niners love. But I guess it's warranted when you beat the Rams the last 6x

Kind of wild all the Niners love. But I guess it's warranted when you beat the Rams the last 6x

I been loving them all year! (Besides maybe a 2-3 week stretch in middle the season I started doubting, lol). I don’t love them here but I’m not interested in laying more than 3 against them either. I think it gonna be a battle. Wanna say rams pull it out cause I think niners low on gas but still think it something like 24-21. Niners dline and zone schemes match up pretty well w rams offense I think.

I’m little surprised you love rams, cause you didn’t like them last week right? I remember hated seeing we were oppo on that one. I was more confident against tampa than I am here. Kinda funny we backwards on it, you probably be right this go around!!

Last edited:
Back