49ers vs. Rams Discussion Thread

The Rams' organization is consumed with it. And the 9ers fanbase is really into it, too. Rams released a press release at 330 before the TB game even started about this. It lives thier minds 24-7. It's also hard to get motivated when you're being booed in your home stadium.

It’s all just fan jibberish to me. Home field advantage has gotten damn near meaningless these days, there only a few places it even worth more than 2 points. Last thing I’m worried bout is what fans in the stands, they can think they influence games but it vastly overrated. Maybe it caught rams off guard last time or maybe Stafford wife a excuse making bitch, either way it shouldn’t again if they sell coached which by all accounts they are.

Maybe the organization cares cause it a bad look, or dumb fuck wives. Don’t see why it make a lick of difference to the game tho.

It’s all just fan jibberish to me. Home field advantage has gotten damn near meaningless these days, there only a few places it even worth more than 2 points. Last thing I’m worried bout is what fans in the stands, they can think they influence games but it vastly overrated. Maybe if caught rams off guard last time or maybe Stafford wife a excuse making bitch, either way it shouldn’t again if they sell coached which by all accounts they are.

Maybe HFA doesn't matter much (#s suggest it still exists) but playing at home and getting booed is never a good thing. Not saying it should be a 9ers HFA but there should be 0 adjustment made for the Rams being in LA. Line should be made as if it's a completely nuetral field.

Maybe HFA doesn't matter much (#s suggest it still exists) but playing at home and getting booed is never a good thing. Not saying it should be a 9ers HFA but there should be 0 adjustment made for the Rams being in LA. Line should be made as if it's a completely nuetral field.

Seeing how the ppl who know don’t give more than 1.5 or so I think it pretty meaningless. What numbers suggest that? Road teams win as often as home so I’m confused what those numbers are?

You don't think there's an advantage to playing at home in Seattle?

You don't think the Bills beat the Chiefs if they were home? Don't let trash Tenny and banged up TB make you think it doesn't matter.

You don't think there's an advantage to playing at home in Seattle?

You don't think the Bills beat the Chiefs if they were home? Don't let trash Tenny and banged up TB make you think it doesn't matter.

We not talking bout the 2-4 places it still matters are we? I’m talking facts, you are not.

We not talking bout the 2-4 places it still matters are we? I’m talking facts, you are not.

I just think a home field game where there’s 80% road fans in attendance forcing a team to go into a silent count is worth discussing when it comes to a line. If these teams played on a neutral it would be likely Rams -125. Not -180.

Ticketmaster reversed the Rams policy and will allow tickets to be sold to whoever - regardless of zip code. Mrs. Whitworth is pathetic and throwing gas on this subject. It could be a complete red out.

Deleted pic - sorry that was way too big
I tweeted both of them I have a ticket 2nd level to sell. There is zero chance they make an offer. It’s all talk

Trent had negative X rays on an ankle he played through after injury.

Debo is banged up but no serious injury.

Jimmy isn’t any worse than when the game started.

Bosa and Warner came out healthier than they did going in
Kittle went out late

9ers main injuries - from Kyle an hour or so ago. Trent is questionable and would be a loss - but he also didn't play vs. the Rams two weeks ago. I bet he's a gametime call.

LT Trent Williams
Reporters saw Williams using crutches after the game. He played in all but one offensive snap against the Packers but was seen limping to the sideline at one point late in the game. Williams underwent X-rays on Sunday, which didn't show a fracture.

Shanahan said Williams is dealing with a right ankle sprain, and has a chance to play this weekend against the Rams. The coach isn't sure if it is a high-ankle sprain or a low one, and the team will re-evaluate his status this week and try to manage his workload.

WR Deebo Samuel
Samuel also fought through the game, going down once in the third quarter after being tackled by Packers linebacker Krys Barnes but remaining in the game. He appeared to suffer a second injury late in the fourth quarter.

Shanahan said Samuel took a helmet to side of knee/leg. He is sore today, but the 49ers expect him to practice this week.

RB Jeff Wilson Jr.
Early in the game, Wilson was carted to the locker room and ruled out due to an ankle injury.

Shanahan said Wilson is also dealing with an ankle sprain too but has a chance to play on Sunday. The coach clarified that it was not a high-ankle sprain.

CB Ambry Thomas
Thomas was inactive against the Packers due to a bone bruise in his knee. He is doing "much better" this week and has a better chance of returning this weekend.

Fuck. I can't believe I'm backing Matt Stafford with my largest playoff wager.
Staff has most game winning or tying drives in 4th q last 10 years I think it said yesterday

Akers didnt run great vs tampa but adds another stylistic fit to offense they didnt have vs sf. Odell is getting more and more comfortable, kupp is uncoverable.

He also wasnt the problem with Tampa's comeback yesterday, and vs sf a few weeks ago he made some huge throws. I believe in the new Mattural

Staff has most game winning or tying drives in 4th q last 10 years I think it said yesterday

Akers didnt run great vs tampa but adds another stylistic fit to offense they didnt have vs sf. Odell is getting more and more comfortable, kupp is uncoverable.

He also wasnt the problem with Tampa's comeback yesterday, and vs sf a few weeks ago he made some huge throws. I believe in the new Mattural
Bingo.

I told Hunt last night he has SDS (TDS esque)

Once they had to thrown it was over yesterday (in that situation).

Game, blouses.

Although, the symmetry of Frattys best NFL friends SB appearance (Matty Ice) ran through my head at 27-3.

I don't think Trent will play. But for some reason I feel like vs. Rams they don't care who they have out there as they just zone block the fuck out of the smaller Rams dline. But the backup LT allowed 2 of the 3 sacks in Week 18.

With that being said - K. Williams slot CB did not play Week 18 and he's back and a huge addition. Mosely playing better right now than any CB in the playoffs, too.

Niners players took a beating Saturday night. If they’re not 100% healthy they’re not winning.

I was somewhat worried about them coming into the gb game, then that game happened in those conditions and was incredibly physical, I am really worried they gonna run out of gas, 3 tough ass road games in a row a lot for any team. Only thing that keeping me from unloading on rams is shanny history vs Mcvey.

Forgive me, I'm a Lions fan. I get the hajeebies when I think of any Lion QB. Stafford though, I believe in...for this week.

For someone who's husband will have earned north of 200 million by this point

She sure does a lot of instagram ads

Matty must have that prenup locked tight

Maybe the organization cares cause it a bad look, or dumb fuck wives. Don’t see why it make a lick of difference to the game tho.
Imagine moving your team back to LA with the dreams of owning a building your about to spend billions on. You’ve spent for high priced athletes to ultimately be in this position and now your place is going to be invaded by your most hated rival in a sea of red. Any of us would do anything we could to not let that happen again in our house. I wouldn’t blame any owner for wanting to fill their venue with the home crowd and make it a difference.

Now McVay pleading for Rams fans to keep their tickets. "The atmosphere Monday night vs. the Cardinals was electric".

Last edited:
Imagine moving your team back to LA with the dreams of owning a building your about to spend billions on. You’ve spent for high priced athletes to ultimately be in this position and now your place is going to be invaded by your most hated rival in a sea of red. Any of us would do anything we could to not let that happen again in our house. I wouldn’t blame any owner for wanting to fill their venue with the home crowd and make it a difference.

No doubt! Being from stl I naturally hate kronke so I think it funny. I was never some huge rams fan, like most teams I like when we have good 1s here cause city more fun but ultimately I don’t care, and not like we didn’t steal rams from la in 1st place. If it wasn’t for gambling I wouldn’t care who wins or plays where, He seems like a total douche so anything that embarrassing to him funny to me. I really don’t think it will have any effect on outcome the game tho.

Well said. It used to make me mad when there would be 20% of SF filled with Packers or Cowboys fans. Couldn't imagine having to watch my team earn a home game to go to the SB and have to use silent counts and not be able to feed off of the crowd.

Who you leaning towards in this one @2daBank?

I’m very torn, I really think rams the play but I respect Shanny record vs Mcvey and the physical style niners play,, just feel like all these tough games niners been playing bound to catch up to them. Reluctantly lean rams but don’t see myself laying over a fg, most likely gonna be really square and money line both the favs in a parlay then look into the props to hopefully find things I’m more confident in.

Jimmy g decision making when he been pressured has been really questionable at best, he got away with several that coulda been game Enders in gb, how long till those do get taken to the house or at least picked off?? Gotta think he gonna be under some pressure against this front. Then again niners saving grace could be the ability to run on them, bucs far from a running team and Lenny had some monster holes to run thru early in that game. This prob a cop out answer but I think there very good cases for both sides, and I did pick niners to represent nfc at beginning the year! I would really be kicking myself if I flipped on them now and they win! Lol

maybe instead of ml parlay it would make sense to do a teaser, if i can get niners up to +10 i think i would feel pretty good, i still think i would tease kc down opposed to cincy up but i have to think more about that. i dont think we gonna see blowouts in these 2 unless niners are totally spent at this point?

Back