2024 Golf Discussion - Playoff Time -- East Lake

Melanie finished in a tie for 14th, 1 under for the tourney.

She was ranked 39th in the country a couple of weeks ago. She was AAC golfer of the month in September and October, and was AAC golfer of the week twice in February, probably earning her golfer of the month as well. And she’s only had ONE round over par this entire season, the first round she played this season.

TAMPA, FLA., February 28, 2024 – University of South Florida senior Melanie Green, who tied her career best and program record of 64 (-8) in the final round at the Westbrook Invitational, has been named the American Athletic Conference's Women's Golfer of the Week, the league announced on Wednesday.

Ranked No. 39 in the in the country, Green earns AAC Golfer of the Week honors for the second time in as many tournaments played this month. She also swept the Fall honors, being named the September and October AAC Women's Golfer of the Month.

In the Westbrook Invitational, Green was under par in all three rounds. She opened with a 71 (-1), followed by a 70 (-2) in the second round and closed bogey free 64 (-8). Green carded an eagle and recorded six birdies in the final round. She has only shot over par in one round during the 2023-24 season, the very first 18 holes played in the Fall.

Green also tied her career best and program record 54-hole score of 205 (-11) at the Westbrook Invitational. She moved up 23 spots in the final round to finish tied for sixth. She has finished in the top 10 of all six tournaments during the 2023-24 season and in the top four in five events.

Green's stellar play help pace the Bulls to a new program record for low round, shooting a 271 (-17) at the Westbrook Invitational and low 54-hole total 836 (-28), while matching the program record for 36-hole score (565). USF's previous 54-hole record was 852 set last season. South Florida has now finished in the top four of all six events in the 2023-24 season.

The senior tallied her second collegiate win to open the Spring as she helped lead South Florida to its second team win of the season at the FAU Paradise Invitational in early February to earn AAC Golfer of the Week recognition.

Green has picked up this season where she left off after a record-breaking season in 2022-23 in which she was named a WGCA All-American Honorable Mention. A three-time AAC All-Conference Team member, Green owns multiple program records, including season scoring average (71.03), low round relative to par (-8) and career scoring average (72.13 entering the 2023-24 season).

Individually in October, she posted two top-five finishes. She finished third in the Dale McNamara Invitational and second in the Hurricane Invitational. In the two tournaments, she was a combined 18 under par.

In September, she posted two top-five finishes in USF's first two tournaments of the season. Green finished tied for second in the Glass City Invitational and tied for fourth in the Badger Invitational.

Green and the Bulls return to the course at the Augusta Invitational at Forest Hills Golf Club in Augusta, Ga.
Dude you're burying the lede here.......she's going to be in the big show at Augusta National next month. She'll be hitting it around on a course we only dream of playing (even setting foot on).

Dude you're burying the lede here.......she's going to be in the big show at Augusta National next month. She'll be hitting it around on a course we only dream of playing (even setting foot on).

Lol, so funny you just said that. Her dad Ron literally just showed me her invite as we’re sitting here playing poker.

She should be heading to Q school after graduating, and she’s going to play a few Monday qualifiers for LPGA events as well this summer.

Sounds like we’re going to try and get together for a round when she’s home. Her dad, her, myself and one of my buddies are going to hit up our “home course” which is Terry Hills (I’m sure you’re familiar).

We’ve been golfing there almost 30 years, we have a standing tee time on Sunday mornings at 7:20. I just joked with her dad that she’ll probably shoot a 59…he said maybe not that low but she’ll definitely be in the low-mid 60s at that course.

Weather looks to be good for Players Championship. Will mostly be stalking over/under plays as that's worked well this season. A few early plays for Rd.1

Hoge under 71.5 -160 (DK Boosted to -128) 5u
Willie Zed, Deki, Homa to finish top 20 (ties paid, FD) +1200 1u

GL this week boys.

Only one matchup this week: Burns -110 over Fleetwood

Went with some top 20s and top 10s

Top 20:
Deki EV
Willy Z EV
Wyndham Clark +125
Harman +200
Hoge +200
Ben An +250

Top 10:
Xander +175
Clark +450
Harman +500

Ever so slightly positive at the API. Hoping to make some headway this week.

Starting off with a middle on water balls on 17:

1u each

17th Hole Props - How Many Balls in The Water on 17th Hole? - Over 50½ Balls -175 (BOL)

17th hole - 58 or less balls in the water -190 (Heritage)

1u each

Miss Cut

Si Woo Kim +200
Homa +200

1u each

THE PLAYERS Championship - Tournament Props - Highest 18 Hole Score - Under 83½ Strokes -130

Big Guns vs The Field - Big Guns +109 Scottie Scheffler, Rory McIlroy, Xander Schauffele, Justin Thomas, Viktor Hovland, Max Homa, Pat Cantlay, Collin Morikawa, Jordan Spieth, Will Zalatoris + Hideki Matsuyama versus The Field.

Morikawa Finish 33rd or worse -125

Hovland Finish 27th or worse +100

Wyndham Finish 33rd or better -120

Swing it easy gents.

Might dig deeper as the weekend goes on

For now only Lowry top 10 +400 ties included

Found this on 365, total water balls on 17 between and including 50-60 at +175

Outside of that just too much time on the hardwood right now

Pathetic these guys don't know the rules. Rory takes (another) bad drop and spends too much time doing it.

Pathetic these guys don't know the rules. Rory takes (another) bad drop and spends too much time doing it.
I saw the whole thing, I thought they did as much as they could to get it right. Have you seen something saying it was definitely wrong? It absolutely took too long but that's only because of all the questioning. Was ridiculous. Seemed legit to me given what everyone knew at the time.

I saw the whole thing, I thought they did as much as they could to get it right. Have you seen something saying it was definitely wrong? It absolutely took too long but that's only because of all the questioning. Was ridiculous. Seemed legit to me given what everyone knew at the time.
He was too far back, any video shows that. You have to drop where you believe it went in, he even said he was splitting the difference.

He was too far back, any video shows that. You have to drop where you believe it went in, he even said he was splitting the difference.
But he said it with the rules official standing right there and I still don't know what he was splitting the difference of. They weren't aware of a video that showed where it crossed at the time, it was all guesswork. The rules official even conferred with the media and they didn't really have any answers.

2-1 rd.1 +3.2.
Rd.2 Finau -125 v. Kirk 5u

Live rd.2 add- JT (+1) under 72.5 -110 4u

Last edited:
But he said it with the rules official standing right there and I still don't know what he was splitting the difference of. They weren't aware of a video that showed where it crossed at the time, it was all guesswork. The rules official even conferred with the media and they didn't really have any answers.
He felt the ball crossed further up and his playing partners thought further back. So when he drops in the middle of those spots it is a bad drop. There is not an option to drop further back to be conservative or split a difference.

1. Stroke and distance (re-tee)
2. 2 clubs from where it crossed the line
3. Back on the line from pin and where it crossed

Not sure if the cameraman was in the same spot for these 2 shots but it didn't seem like the camera was moving.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 8.08.04 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 8.08.04 PM.png
    322.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 9.25.53 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 9.25.53 PM.png
    433.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Burns is on fire today, not the first time he’s done this on moving day. Eyeing Clark to take the dub but think his price gets better as the gap should close.

Rd.3 plays- hope I’m right..

Deki under 70.5 -130 6u
Hodges under 71.5 -115 6u

Burns is on fire today, not the first time he’s done this on moving day. Eyeing Clark to take the dub but think his price gets better as the gap should close.

Rd.3 plays- hope I’m right..

Deki under 70.5 -130 6u
Hodges under 71.5 -115 6u
Yeah, need to keep this in mind with Burns moving forward.

Top 20:
Deki EV
Willy Z EV
Wyndham Clark +125
Harman +200
Hoge +200
Ben An +250

Top 10:
Xander +175
Clark +450
Harman +500
At the risk of jinxing it, I'm feeling pretty good that my 3 top 10 bets are 1/2/3 heading into Sunday

My 8 year old daughter had surgery yesterday, and my wife has tasked me with sitting with her all day tomorrow while she takes our other 2 daughters to do stuff. It was really hard to hide my smile when I begrudgingly accepted her terms

Final Round
..taking a couple guys with decent 4th round stats to go out and shoot a 5 or 6 under:

1u each

Bez -- Top 10 Finish +185

CT Pan -- Top 10 Finish +200

(ties paid in full)

My 8 year old daughter had surgery yesterday, and my wife has tasked me with sitting with her all day tomorrow while she takes our other 2 daughters to do stuff. It was really hard to hide my smile when I begrudgingly accepted her terms
It can't help but aid her recovery by sweating a few top 10's with pops on St Paddys Day!

Best o' luck to ya.

1-1 rd.3 -1.8u, -10u total, including futures. Some amazing golf played yesterday and today shouldn’t disappoint. Cheering for Clark to pull out the win, he had his pressure/sub par round yesterday. Think he goes 65 or 66.

X had two solid rounds b2b. Hard to pull that off again and he plays better from behind.
Harman played lights out last 2 rounds, again, I think it’s very difficult to pull 3 great rounds in a row.

Anyhow, just my take and anything can happen especially with tough finishing holes. Just hope Clark gets some lucky bounces and lies today.

Rd.4
Clark under 70.5 -120 6u
Straka under 70.5 -130 1u

Was lucky to hit a couple parlays yesterday and caught Clark at +240 and X at +130, open in two separate parlays. Going for the reverse jinx post. Hedging may likely be in order..Leggo Clark!

IMG_8677.jpeg

2-0 Rd.4, +5.5u. -4.5u for posted tourney plays. X had ample opportunities to make a statement and that putt on 18th for Clark was heartbreaking. Taking nothing away from Scheffler, 64 in the final round, after battling neck issues, what a round by a great player.

Not the results I was hoping for but it's golf and putts just don't fall somedays. Onto the next.

Good news is I think I'm in the running for the Players contest...for lowest points collected.

Top 20:
Deki EV
Willy Z EV
Wyndham Clark +125
Harman +200
Hoge +200
Ben An +250

Top 10:
Xander +175
Clark +450
Harman +500
Lost the matchup with a bad Sunday round from Burns. Hit 3 of 6 top 20s and all 3 top 10s for a winning week.

Haven't dived into Valspar yet other than playing around with a DK lineup. Pretty strong field with a bunch of extra mules thrown in. Tour added more players after the KFT grads (rightly) complained about a lack of opportunities to use their new PGA Tour card. I'd expect darkness to prevent everyone from finishing rounds 1 and 2 on time, but weather looks decent outside of some wind. Looking forward to this next stretch as we cruise into Major season

A couple of early bets for Valspar.

Spieth/Harman/Finau to finish top 20 (ties paid) +1200 1u (Betrivers)
Rd. 1 Bezuidenhout -120 v. Cole 3u (FD)
Rd.1 Harman under 69.5 -140 4u (FD)

Cole's been struggling lately, big fan but will look for ops to fade until his form returns. Think Harman's solid play continues into this week.

GL on your plays/tourney.

A couple of early bets for Valspar.

Spieth/Harman/Finau to finish top 20 (ties paid) +1200 1u (Betrivers)
Rd. 1 Bezuidenhout -120 v. Cole 3u (FD)
Rd.1 Harman under 69.5 -140 4u (FD)

Cole's been struggling lately, big fan but will look for ops to fade until his form returns. Think Harman's solid play continues into this week.

GL on your plays/tourney.
Good stuff, I'll tail the Rd 1s.

By the way, Melanie won the tourney this past weekend in Arizona. Still has only one round over par the entire year.

Pocketed just under a unit at the Players. Going to go fairly contrarian for the final stop of the Florida swing.

1u each

Straka -- Miss Cut +160
Rai -- Miss Cut +200
Glover -- Miss Cut +170
Cole -- Miss Cut +175

Hodges -- Top 30 +210
Hadley -- Top 30 +260

1.1u

Burns to finish 17th or better -110

Swing it easy gents..

Valspar:

Ghim -125 over Straka
McNealy -145 over Montgomery
Burns +150 over Xander

Top 20:
Dahmen +300
McNealy +170

Top 10:
Ghim +300
McNealy +550
Dahmen +800

Going a little boom or bust this week, we'll see how it turns out. Good luck

Not sure what's going on with Harman's line but it dropped to -105 and now even at FD. Added another 2u on Harman under 69.5 even.

Bad read on Sungjae this morning. I think it was that ugly ass sweater that did him in. Didn't help that there were a bunch of mud balls this AM too.

Sink/Streelman in the final pairing today, battle of the seasoned. Not many options for rd.3, hopefully something pops up live.

FWIW, took Streelman yesterday at 33-1 1u, now at 25-1. Think he has as good of shot as any at top.

GL on your plays this weekend.

Back