2024 Golf Discussion - Playoff Time -- East Lake

Final Round

1u each

Hadwin U 69.5 +120

Double Chance -- Power/Malnati to win +450

...was hoping to take Mitchell score Over for the round, but the best I found was 69.5 -175. He's got a decent 4th round stats, so I laid off.

1-0 rd.3, +3u, -4.6u total for Valspar. Have a few futures not counted yet but pretty much dead.

Rd.4- not sure where these lines came from but I’ll bite. Both at FD

Power under 71.5 -120 5u
Hughes under 71.5 -140 6u

GL on your plays today

Valspar:

Ghim -125 over Straka
McNealy -145 over Montgomery
Burns +150 over Xander

Top 20:
Dahmen +300
McNealy +170

Top 10:
Ghim +300
McNealy +550
Dahmen +800

Going a little boom or bust this week, we'll see how it turns out. Good luck
Narrator: "It was a bust"

1-1 Rd.4 -.7u, total for Valspar -7.3u. Great W for Malnati, way to fight through the entire round. For a while there thought it was Mackenzies. Very embarrassing final grouping for Mitchell and Power. Let's see what the Houston Open brings.

I didn't see any matchups or top 20s I liked, so all I have is Willy Z to win at +1800

Rd.2- Houston, Hughes under 70.5 -140 7u (FD)

SW Kim -155 v. Thompson / Marquette ML +121 4u (DK)

Went 1-1 yesterday while site was down. Really like Mackenzie's form, carrying over from last week. Going to be windy as the day progresses so playing some early birds.

Off to a 9:12 tee-time, GL on your plays this weekend.

Added just over 7u at Valspar thanks to bucket hat. Not a lot of pre-flop action in Houston, but I'll list it here for posterity:

1u each

Tourney MU
Hossler -1.5 Hoge +118

Mitchell to Miss Cut +200
Finau to Miss Cut +270

Added just over 7u at Valspar thanks to bucket hat. Not a lot of pre-flop action in Houston, but I'll list it here for posterity:

1u each

Tourney MU
Hossler -1.5 Hoge +118

Mitchell to Miss Cut +200
Finau to Miss Cut +270
GL Chip, Mitchell’s hung over from last week and Finau can’t putt. Hope they come thru for ya

1u

Rd2 Knapp +124 Rai

...starting the fade of two gloves a round early

0.5u
2-teamer +393

Rd2 Malnati +110 Bhatia
Rd2 Highsmith +135 Moore

...the rock solid bucket hat 2-teamer

GL Chip, Mitchell’s hung over from last week and Finau can’t putt. Hope they come thru for ya
I hope so too...cut is currently projected at E, so a couple 3 putts from Tony and I'll have a chance at hitting both.

I've got Marquette as my survivor pick for this round, so I'll be rooting for your Si Woo parlay to come in.

Best of luck.

Houston Final Round

A bit more of a test today, mixed with some Sunday nerves.

1u each

Rd4--Rai O 69.5 +120
Rd4--Bhatia O 69.5 +120
Rd4--Jaeger O 69.5 +115

Rd4 3-ball
Dunlap +175 Tosti/Detry

Last edited:
2-0 rd.3 +5.2u, -5.8u for tourney.

Rd.4
Detry under 69.5 +115 8u

Detry to win / A’s / Dook ML +2200 1u

GL on your plays today

1-1 Rd.4, +8.2u hitting the big play on Detry. +2.4u for the tourney. Modest profit but will happily take the dub. Onto the next.

First round of the Augusta Women's Amateur is currently being played. First two rounds are at Champions Retreat, only top 30 get to play the final round at Augusta National on Saturday, although they all get a practice round on the big course on Friday.

CTG's adopted gal Melanie Green is on the struggle bus.....+5 through 13, T-68. Leaders are -5.

First round of the Augusta Women's Amateur is currently being played. First two rounds are at Champions Retreat, only top 30 get to play the final round at Augusta National on Saturday, although they all get a practice round on the big course on Friday.

CTG's adopted gal Melanie Green is on the struggle bus.....+5 through 13, T-68. Leaders are -5.
Green shot -1 today

Looks like will miss cut by a stroke.

Actually watching this at work right now. Fun stuff.

Green shot -1 today

Looks like will miss cut by a stroke.

Actually watching this at work right now. Fun stuff.
She's gonna curse her play on the par 5s. +1 on 8 par 5s through the two rounds. Leader is -6 on the par 5s.

0-2 Rd.3, 0-3 Valero -11u. Nothing against Bhatia, his games been on point, just figured some others would make a push and Henley was prime to do so yesterday.

Gonna take a look for today but might just take the L and move on. It’s a long season and there will be plenty of W’s to be had.

It might be due to the Masters letdown but this is 1A on my list of most hated courses on the tour

How did it ever get elevated? Just to make the best players have to play back to back weeks? That certainly doesn't equal great golf.

Pulling for anyone ranked 120 or above to win.

Annual KJ hates Harbour Town post ;)
Amazing that it always coincides with playoff basketball where we have to pay elevated prices yet have zero rewards

This year it comes with losing a hockey team to boot

Pulling for anyone ranked 120 or above to win.
I could've swore I saw Kisner (541 OWGR) at +150K yesterday. He's now at +100K at FD. He's from that area, definite longshot but has missed cut last 6 of 7 starts. Might be worth some KJ purr-ina money.

I could've swore I saw Kisner at +150K yesterday. He's now at +100K at FD. He's from that area, definite longshot but has missed cut last 6 of 7 starts. Might be worth some KJ purr-ina money.
I'm down

5 bucks

So much into soccer right now you could get me to bet on the Jamaicans

Not a big fan of playing outrights but if that's your cup of tea- FD has good options for Winner W/O Ludvig Åberg, Rory McIlroy, Scottie Scheffler, Xander Schauffele

i.e. Cantlay is +1400 against the field, +1200 not counting these big names.

Weather should be good and look forward to gettting back in the winners circle.

GL this week boys

It may be burning cash, but I'm considering fading Scheffler this week. With the impending birth of his 1st kid, and coming off the Masters win, there will never be a better time IMO

RBC- Stalking for something live. Had some good value on over/under scores yesterday but those have now been heavily juiced due to this mornings low scoring condition.

One parlay so far:

Bezuidenhout -175 v. Phillips / Aberg -110 v. Rors +200 2u

It may be burning cash, but I'm considering fading Scheffler this week. With the impending birth of his 1st kid, and coming off the Masters win, there will never be a better time IMO

His wife is weeks out though - but yeah. I'm not sure there's ever value fading the new GOAT

Not sure how often they play the same weeks but a Scottie/Nelly parlay would have yielded one helluva month playing it weekly

2-0 RBC Rd.2 +6.8u, +10.55u for the tourney. Hope to keep this ball rolling-

Rd. 3 plays-

Scheffler to make an eagle +550 1u (Betrivers). Eagles are out there, ask X as he had two in the front nine today. Scheffler birdied all three par 5's today, one yesterday. Think he'll go ape shit Scheffler style over the weekend and very possible to have a 2nd shot hole out, if not a short eagle putt on a par 5 tomorrow.

Burns -125 v. Putnam 3u (Betrivers). Back to the well again with Burns. Sub par round of -2, 69 today and he can get hot real quick. 8AM tee time tomorrow with good weather and I think he climbs the board on moving day. Prefer an over/under line on Burns but nothing has come available yet.

Burns -125 v. Putnam / Nuggets ML / Sac over 206 +259 2u

GL on your cross sport plays this weekend.

Back